• Published 20th Dec 2012
  • 2,073 Views, 43 Comments

Kingdom Heart next generation: Friendship is Omniversal - Starry Eyed



A story meant for bronies who love Kingdom Hearts, Anime, or good stories. This story does not require any knowledge of anime to enjoy, but you may want to know the basics of Kingdom Hearts (only the bare basics).

  • ...
13
 43
 2,073

Chapter 9: Reunion and Assembly

Twilight Sparkle flew about wide-eyed like a filly in a candy store. No really, she was flying about! She asked Soran again how he was doing that, “I’m telling you, telekinesis on this level would be impossible for any unicorn. To levitate everything like this is incredible.”

Soran was floating about his own body height off the ground, levitating broken pieces of the Gummi ship back into place. He fired a misty flame into the cracks and ‘welded’ them back together. Twilight could tell that it was some sort of magical fire and not similar to normal fire at all.

Soran answered, now that he wasn’t concentrating, “I told you, it’s not telekinesis. It’s flight magic. Gravity defying magic. I can make things fly, but they have to stay within thirty meters of me. If they are more powerful than me they can resist. You’re not levitating, you’re flying.”

Soran then lifted different blades and carved the ship back to its proper shape. Once he got it the way it was supposed to be, he levitated the dust and torn pieces of the ship, melted them, and reapplied them to the ship. Not even a particle of the ship was lost.

Twilight flew about the ship asking questions. Soran had set it so that she could move it however she wanted and appreciated her curious nature. Whenever she asked a question, it would draw his attention to whatever she was asking about and he would have to look to see if that system was still working. Many times when she asked about something, Soran would come look and see that the thing in question was damaged.

Twilight asked about EVERYTHING, so Soran had to check everything. Everything got fixed, although it took a little longer because of the detours and questions.

When the ship was finally completed, Soran ‘pulled’ Twilight back into the bridge of the ship. There in the center of the room was what Twilight thought looked like a large crystal ball, except it had markings inside of it. Soran motioned to the ball in question, “This is a Sphere Oscillo-finder. It will help us track our friends.”

Twilight resumed her curious questioning, “How does it work?”

Soran activated it, “No idea, but if it’s bigger than a dog, has as much energy as a campfire, or is in the ships database, then this will track it.”

Seven dots now appeared on a detailed map of Equestria. One of these dots overlapped a not-to-scale image of the Gummi Ship. Soran pointed at that dot, “That’s where we are and the other dots are the rest of my crew.”

Twilight pointed at the nearest dot, “There’s one in the Crystal Empire. My brother lives there. We should head for it first.”

Soran spoke loud enough for anyone to hear as opposed to addressing Twilight, “Autopilot, set course for nearest crew member.”

A mechanical voice spoke over the ship’s intercom, “Acknowledged. Time to arrival: 4 minutes.”

Twilight laughed, “4 minutes? It may be closer than the others, but it would take half a day to … ”

Twilight was knocked back by the ship’s sudden movement but was caught in Soran’s power.

Soran walked back into the ship, “I’ll need to double check all the systems on the ship. Either stay here or come with me, but don’t get lost.”

The auto-pilot spoke, “Target life force is waning. Preparing healing chambers.”

Soran continued his checks but was very worried.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Chrysalis had not even had a chance to move before she saw a bright orange ship appear directly above them.

Shining Armor was naturally defensive at this unnatural sight. His training had taught him to be ready for anything. Whatever came out of that ship was going to have to go through him.

Twilight Sparkle and Soran descended standing upright and stood right in the middle of the Crystal Empire. They both noticed Shining Armor still defending Cadence and Chrysalis with a dying human on her back.

Both Twilight and Soran shouted the same word, but each addressing a different person,

“Brother!”

Twilight was shocked by the word Soran had said and would have turned to face him, but Soran was already taking Soran from Chrysalis. Soran looked over Kai before speaking, even though he knew Kai couldn’t hear him, “Stupid, you used Rinne Rebirth didn’t you.”

Chrysalis spoke, fear in her tone, “Kai gave his life for mine. Can you save him?”

Soran levitated himself and Chrysalis up to the ship, “Yes, but I’ll have to put him in the healing chamber, NOW.”

Twilight had been left behind, but she knew she had not been forgotten completely. She made her way to her own brother, “Someone is really going to need to explain what is going on here.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Soran finally returned. It had only been about twenty minutes, but felt longer. Twilight had just finished hearing everything about Kai and the Changelings but was having some trouble staying calm. She howled at Soran, “Your brother is helping the Changelings! What was he thinking?”

Soran maintained his eternal calm, “That’s just how my brother is. You can ask him yourself when he wakes up but right now we need to pick up the others. You’re with your family now, so you can stay with them or come with me. Which do you want?”

Twilight didn’t even have to think about it. She answered, “Celestia told me to oversee you and that’s what I’m going to do, but I’m going to be keeping an eye on Chrysalis.”

Soran answered only by levitating them both towards the ship, but Shining Armor called out to him, “Wait! Take me with you. Someone from the Crystal Empire needs to see this through to the end.”

Shining looked at his wife whom solemnly nodded. Shining was suddenly whisked up off the ground and towards the ship. As soon as all were inside, the ship rocketed off in a blur.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Inside the ship, the two unicorns, the Changeling, and the human returned to the bridge. Soran turned to the new ponies, “Alright, you two can stay as long as you don’t bother anything. Twilight is in charge of all of us for now. My first priority is to assemble the crew but the healing chamber won’t save my brother. Therefore, there is one member we have to get immediately.”

Soran spoke to the ship, “Auto-pilot, set course for Matsu.”

The Auto-pilot complied, “Acknowledged. Time to arrival: three minutes.”

The four minutes that it took to reach the Empire had gone by in a flash, but the tension in the air between Chrysalis and Twilight made this a very uncomfortable ride. Twilight warned, “Brother told me your situation but I haven’t had time to forgive you yet. I don’t trust you.”

Chrysalis never stopped staring into space, “I have decided that I will serve the human Kai until my debt is repaid. Nothing else matters anymore now that he healed my people.”

Soran dropped out of the ship the moment it came to a stop and hovered over the wayward chef. Matsu was ecstatic,

“Soran! Am I ever glad to see you!”

Soran calmed Matsu and got straight to the point, “My brother is dying. I need you to cook something that can give him the nutrients and magic he needs to live.”

Matsu mentally went on red alert, “Then hurry. We have no time to lose!”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Luna and Sol walked out onto a balcony in Canterlot.

Luna was presently asking Sol a question, “How can you be so sure that your crew will assemble in the next hour?”

Sol made it to the balcony first, “Because the ship just pulled up.”

Sure enough the Gumi ship was parked right outside the balcony. Luna had woken up only about a minute ago, at this point in time.

Soran flew out with Twilight at his side. Twilight embraced Rarity and Soran Embraced Sol.

Celestia approached both newcomers, “I see that you got your ship working. I have just decided to leave everything to you and your crew. I still remember the promises you made in the beginning Soran.

Soran repeated the promises he had made back then,

“Number 1: We come in peace. I swear to you that none of your kind will suffer any hardship beyond this little exchange because of us.

Number 2: My Nakama and I do not represent any world, group, or organization, we are just seven friends that have a ship capable of traveling between worlds, and we like to explore. Ergo, we are not Scouts, Soldiers, or Invaders - just explorers passing through.

Number 3: Any mess made by us will be fixed by us, and we will adhere to your jurisdiction while we are in your world.”

Celestia stared Soran down, “You’ve already borderlined on breaking the first promise and if you really are going to try to take the heart of this world, then you will break the second.

Keep your third promise by saving us from the Enforcers.”

Soran was even calmer than Celestia, “Don’t worry Princess. As far as I know, nopony has serious injuries or lost things we can’t get back. We are not going to conqueror or rule you when we get the heart. We’ll give it back, and be on our way. And, we will definitely beat the Enforcers.”

Sol stepped in and snapped his fingers. Suddenly, all within hearing distance of the ‘snap’ were fully informed about what had happened to everyone else in hearing distance for the past day.

All except Soran turned to see Sol. It was just super convenient that he could do that!

Rarity decided to go with the ship and Celestia and Luna stayed behind.

Right before they flew away though, the Gumi ship gave of a strange sound. Sol turned back to the Princesses, “This will restore anypony else that still needs their magic back. We’ll fix everything ASAP, so relax yourselves and we’ll do the rest.”

With that, Luna raised the moon and the Gumi ship was headed for Ponyville.

Celestia took notice of how easily they had fixed everything. All the magic had been restored and only the rotting hedge maze and torn vault showed any signs that the Enforcers had ever been there.

Celestia sighed. If she was not the calmest thing in Equestria, that sigh would have been a scream, “What are we going to do Luna? These humans are powerful enough alone. What are we going to do when they’re all together and back at 100%?”

Luna remembered Senza, “Sister, believe me, they are infinitely better than the alternative.”

Celestia wasn’t feeling better, “But sister, they’re going to become the Keepers of this world if they win. That means the world will belong to them. They … will … own …us ….

Are you really ok with that?”

Luna wasn’t, but she had more experience with these humans than Celestia, “I don’t think they’re like that Sister. I think we should stay hopeful. It’s all we can do.”

Celestia looked defeated, “Yes, it’s all we can do.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Meanwhile in Ponyville, Fluttershy had just arrived and was staring down Santo. She spoke to him the way she spoke to the dragon that nearly covered Ponyville in smoke, “You don’t understand,” Fluttershy insisted, “Matsu is my good friend and he’s out there hurting. That’s why I’ve got to get him back to his boss immediately. Matsu said that the old man wasn’t the boss, so I know it isn’t you Mr. Santo, but we have to find this ‘boss’ and Matsu as soon as possible!”

Santo had fought against the Emperor Enforcer himself but had never encountered a force like he saw in Fluttershy’s eyes.

Santo answered her, “Believe me Fluttershy, we’re doing all we can to put the crew back together ASAP, but our best bet is the ship. It has the power to track each of us and is faster than anything but light. We need the ship to get back together. Also the boss’s identity was never a secret. We all refer to each other by our names, not our ranks. Nobody in the crew gets special treatment, not even the boss. We all love each other like a family. The Boss is…

BOOM!

The Gumi Ship had just arrived over Ponyville. Normally everypony would have been surprised, but they had been told to expect it.

Also, this was Ponyville. This sort of thing just happened around here.

Everypony was surprised however to see Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, and Shining Armor flying down to them. Shining flew a little too far ahead and fell to the ground (which was only 4 feet away). Soran flew down to his side, “I told you not to get more than thirty meters from me. That’s the limit; any further and my flight power can’t reach you.”

Everypony in Ponyville gathered around, and the Mayor spoke, “So, what do we do now. What’s been going on?”

Sol elbowed Musica, who used his sound manipulation to make the sound of Sol’s snapping fingers loud enough that everypony could hear.

With Sol’s Psychic power, everypony and the humans now knew everything that had happened with each of the humans since the crash.

Twilight still couldn’t get over how convenient that was.

Ponies everywhere started discussing the new information.

Many were terrified that one Pawn could beat four buffalos. Others felt sorry for Fluttershy or Matsu and also wanted to eat this super food. The Pegasus were scared knowing that the Scouts could fly at the speed of sound and really wanted to hear Musica sing now. Most already knew about Santo, put now everypony did. All were shocked and amazed at what Kai had done for the Changelings, as well as Chrysalis’s change of heart and new allegiance. The younger were talking about Luna’s fight with the Knight. And some were trying to guess who the Boss was.

No one needed to discuss anything; everyone was completely up to speed. Pinkie Pie was bouncing around her best friends and the humans, “This is so amazing! You know, we should write a book about this! We’ll call it:

Kingdom Heart Next Generation: Friendship is Omniversal.

Wouldn’t that be great?”

Dea corrected, “It should be ‘Kingdom Hearts’, Pinkie dear.”

Pinkie explained, “No. See, I have a picture that goes with it. It’s of the heart from ‘Hearth Warmings Eve’ in the Middle of the Universe! The ‘Heart’ in the title is referring to love!

It’s a pun, get it?”

Musica disagreed, “I get it, but everyone will just think you spelled it wrong. Besides, Sora had a scribe named Jiminy who wrote about Sora’s journey and called it Kingdom Hearts.

People will think your story is a sequel to that story or something.”

Pinkie whined, “Oh come on! It’s a great idea. We could name the chapters after the virtues the ponies and people in it represent and everything!”

Rarity shook her head, “It’ll never work.”

Pinkie stuck out her lower lip, “Fine. I’ll give it to my friend Starry and have him publish it.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Musica had assembled all the Pegasus with the help of the Wonderbolts. Musica used sound manipulation so that everypony could hear “alright everypony listen. We are about to go to battle against the Enforcers, and I need Lightning to fight. I want ever able bodied Pegasus to start making Thunder clouds. Even trillions of them won’t be too much. I need lightning, every cloud improves our chances.”

Spitfire spoke, “This plan is fully endorsed by Celestia and us Wonderbolts. Any Pegasus that is willing to help, come with me.”

Every Pegasus except Rainbow Dash, Lightning Dust, and Fluttershy left. Those three stayed because Santo and Musica asked them to (Lightning stayed because she wanted to hear Musica sing more). Musica addressed the Element Bearers, “Alright, listen you two. The Enforcers haven’t bothered anything in Equestria except for the places that we were; but they didn’t go after Kia. This leads us to believe that they only attacked places that had both and Element of Harmony and a human.”

Rainbow asked, “Why didn’t they go after Twilight and Soran then?”

“They didn’t meet until nine hours after the fall,” answered Santo. “All the other ponies and humans met immediately after the fall.”

Santo continued, “Furthermore, the Enforcers never dropped directly to where you were. They weren’t invading the places the landed. They were setting up base camps and taking hostages.

They did what they did, preparing to fight off the humans and collect the Elements of Harmony.”

Rainbow smiled, “So they're scared of elements hu, then let’s fix em and bash those Enforcers!”

Musica laughed and Santo spoke, “No, they aren’t scared of them, just interested. They wanted to send them to the Emperor, and they did. You are just treasure to pillage, not threats to be dealt with.”

Rainbow was disappointed, “Is there anything their scared of?”

Both humans spoke, “Nope, but that’s also their weakness.”

From a distance, Dea motioned for them to come to the Ship.

Santo looked at the Pegasus, “Come on, you three can fly. Let’s go to the ship.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Other than the Pegasus, the mane 6 were gathered in the meeting room of the ship. Chrysalis and Shining were also there and Sol was using psychic power to transfer more complete memories from everypony and the humans to everyone.

Spike was also there and now that he had ‘lived’ all of the events leading up till now he had to ask “so what level are the Pawns?

They are the weakest Enforcers but they're still monstrously strong. What level are they?”

Sol answered “level 1, plus logia”

All non-humans responded in shook “WHAT!”

Applejack asked “that’s impossible! Just one took out 4 buffalos easy! You’re saying that was a level 1!”

Sol defended “I said it was a level 1, plus logia. Without armament they can’t be hurt, regardless of their level. Even an Ursa Major (1) wouldn’t have hurt it. As soon as it had smashed the Pawn and retracted its paw the Pawn would be better. Abilities don’t count toward level, only the strength of your body adds up to your level.”

The Pegasus now arrived with the other humans. Rainbow asked “what level does that make me. I can fly faster than sound!”

Sol answered, “You're less than 1. Your flight is an ability not just strength. But if it makes you feel better, sound speed flight is generally a level 50 power.”

Rainbow Dash strutted up to Sol “well if I’ve got level 50 abilities why am I still less than 1?”

Dea stepped in “your level isn’t determined by the best thing you can do, it’s measured by how easy you are to beat.”

Less than a heartbeat later, Dea had drawn her shape shifting blade, made it a scythe, and held it curved around Rainbow’s neck. Rainbow retreated in shock. Dea spoke calmly “your speed helps you flee, but not fight. You can run away, but in a fight, you just died. I didn’t want to scare you, but you need to know your weaknesses before we fight the Enforcers.”

Sol continued, “A level one means that it takes ten professional hunters with rifles and full high tec body armor to bring it down in a fight.

Pawns are level 1 with Logia, and have stunning magic.

Scouts are the same as Pawns, but can fly at the speed of sound and turn on a dime.

Soldiers are the same as Scouts, but negate all non-standardized magic, and can use death magic.

Gladiators are the same as Soldiers, but are level 40, and use standardized magic.

Knights are the same as Gladiators, but are level 75, and have mind control.

Swordbearers are the same as Knights, but are level 100, fly at twice the speed of sound, and can grant their superiors Keyblades.

Ambassadors are the same as Swordbearers, but have artificial minds of their own rather than programing, have the conqueror’s disposition, and can wield Keyblades.”

Santo interrupted Sol “and the Emperor has all those powers, but was instrumental in the purging of those higher than level 100, and was not affected by it personally. Senza’s level is 10,000, he is the Keeper of the Enforcer homeworld, controls all Enforcers, and has mastered all the ways of standardized magic. Other Enforcers can rebuild him as long as at least one cell of him remains, and he has all Keyblades other than ours.”

Everypony absorbed this new insight, and realized just how impossible it was for them to fight these things. Everypony also realized that they had made friends with some incredible people if they could mop the floor with most of them, and were prophesied to beat the Emperor.

Only Spike was thinking about something else “so get to the point: what level is a dragon?”

Sol smiled and faced Spike “which dragon? The big ones or you?”

Spike rolled his eyes “I know I’m less than 1 you don’t have to say it. But what level is a full grown dragon, full power and everything?”

Sol calculated “well dragons differ from one world to another, but as for the dragons in this world.”

Sol paused a while to calculate before continuing “well your teeth can cut diamond, and diamond hardness is the pinnacle of level 50, so there’s that to consider. And you can fly and are immune to heat up to 1500 degrees Celsius, but those are both abilities rather than raw power, and won’t help your level unless you’re fighting a minefield or a flamethrower. And your magic fire is incredible and should be considered to your level. So all things considered…

The ultimate adult dragon

Would be no more than level 10.”

Spike was really disappointed “Oh come on!”

Sol shrugged “really sorry little guy. Your bite would hurt a level 50, you can fly, swim in lava, breath magic fire, are as hard as rock, and can crush buildings…

But it wouldn’t stop a level 10 dragon slayer from sneaking up on you with a sword sharp enough to glide through rock, and removing your head in one swing.

Spike wasn’t giving up, “come on. What’s stronger than a dragon?”

Sol automatically answered “anything level 11 or higher.

Don’t feel bad, level 1 is monstrous, and a level two is usually immune to mere rifle fire, so it takes two level 1 monsters to bring it down. By level 5, elephant rifles won’t usually hurt you at all. and by level 9 and convoy of high-tech tanks would be mere toys!

Level 10 isn’t anything to be ashamed of, it’s really strong.”

Spike felt better but was pouting “so how strong are you guys?”

Santo answered “we’re all level 50. Matsu is level 100, but when he’s not berserk he can’t hurt a flea, and when he is berserk he couldn’t care less and only kills stuff that makes him mad or looks tasty. I’m also level 100. I’m Dea father. She is only 18 years old, and look how old I seem. I’m only 40. I speed up my age to accelerate my growth in magic. I’m level 100, but I’m 100 years older than I should be because of it.”

Some ponies gasped, other put their hoof to their mouth in shock.

Chrysalis dashed into the room “I’ve been spoon feeding Kai the special magic food Matsu cooked, and he just became conscious enough to eat it himself!”

Almost everyone present was overjoyed at the news, but Applejack could help but repeated those words to herself “she was spoon-feeding him? Chrysalis?” Lightning Dust shot Musica a look but said nothing. Rainbow rolled her eyes, “Fangirls.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


In the dining hall of the ship, Kai was eating the best smelling food that you can possible imagine. Kai looked up to see the whole crew and all the ally ponies. Kai swallowed “come on and get some before it’s gone. It stinks compared to how it tastes, and it’s all pure nutrition that’s vegan.”

Shortly thereafter, everyone was chowing down. Fluttershy firstly was crying from sheer joy. The food Matsu had made earlier was trash compared to this, and it had been the best she had ever had. The other ponies were thunderstruck by this, but the humans actually seemed disappointed. Sol spoke “Matsu used medicine cooking. It’s great for healing but doesn’t taste good. The stuff we usually eat is triple this good.” Dea shook her head “don’t complain, it’s not like we can eat even this well anywhere else.”

The ponies were speechless. This was the diet food that wasn’t as good!

Fluttershy wiped the happy tear off her face, and asked anyone who knew “um, where’s Matsu?”

Only Musica with his perfect hearing could hear her “he’s coming this way.”

Matsu walked in fuming mad. Matsu’s dark side was coming out to play.

Matsu roared “you animals think you can eat my food? Well now that you’re stuffed, let’s see how YOU taste.”

Santo was the closest “Matsu, calm down! This isn’t the real you!”

Matsu barred his teeth “your power level is the highest old man. Bet you taste the best. Yes, bet that magic will be delicious!”

One of the humans looked Matsu in the eyes and spoke “that’s enough, Matsu. Come back to yourself.”

Matsu looked like he just realized what he was doing. Tears streamed down his face and his malice was nowhere to be found. Matsu went over and embraced the one who had calmed him and wept.

“I’m so sorry, Boss.”

Author's Note:

Just for those of you that are curious, an Ursa Minor would be only level 2. an Ursa Major would be level 38, but not standardized. Even something level 9 could kill an Ursa Major if it could damage it's neck. a Gladiator Class Enforcer would behead an Ursa Major without trying, and a Soldier Class would just fire a death beam. It would be a struggle, but a scout could also beat one, even without Logia. And since a Pawn could never be beaten by one, it would EVENTUALLY win.
this is all due to it being BIG, but not necessarily strong per it's size. shrunk down to pony size, it would be no stronger than an earth pony.