• Published 19th Dec 2012
  • 2,781 Views, 240 Comments

A Silver Summer - Fanboy



Silver Spoon's summer vacations couldn't start any worse. Diamond Tiara left with her family, Silver Spoon's parents are at the family's summer house and she has to stay behind in Ponyville.

  • ...
3
 240
 2,781

Chapter 16

Chapter 16

“You know, Apple Bloom,” said Silver Spoon, “I finally got used to calling you my friend. You being my friend. And then you not only try to get me into learning – you also succeed at it. But how did we get to the point where I am the one who actually wants to study and you're the one who can't get her head into it?”

The red maned filly exhaled deeply and dropped the pencil she had been poking her cheek with for the last five minutes. It landed between the schoolbooks scattered across the table in Silver Spoon's room. It's clattering roll ended at the folder Apple Bloom kept her notes in which Silver Spoon tried to use as reference.

Unfortunately she still had to ask a lot of questions since she didn't even know the basics about most things written in there. And every time she spoke to Apple Bloom her friend either jumped in her seat as if an alarm had gone off, or she didn't react at all, simply staring at the ceiling or out the window. And by the time the self-proclaimed tutor had brought her attention to Silver Spoon, the grey filly had already forgotten what she wanted to ask about.

“Ah'm sorry.” This wasn't by far the first time Apple Bloom had used these words since they started learning. “But, what ya' said... It kinda threw me off.”

“What I said?”

“Yes. About yerself. And Diamond Tiara.”

“Are you still at this whole best friend thing?”

“Well, in some way, yes.”

“Is that really that important to you?”

“Of course it is.”

“But since when do you care about labels?”

“Labels? This is not about labels for me.”

“But that's all it is, isn't it? Honestly, I don't really care if we call it good, best or even perfect friends. If you feel better, call me your best friend ever if you like.”

“No, it's not about that part. Ah' am talkin' about what ya said about ya' feel about Diamond Tiara. Yer comparison to me and Applejack.”

“What about it?”

“Ah' never really knew how close ya' were. Ya' basically said ya' two were sisters.”

“She is the closest I ever had to a true sister. Including my real sister. Sometimes I wish she really was my big sister.”

“And that's what Ah' can't stop thinkin' about. Ah' knew ya' were friends. But that...”

“Well, what did you expect? I spent almost every day since we started school with her. You don't do that with somepony you just get along with.”

“Ah' know it shouldn't surprise me. But even more than that, it's that Ah' just can't stop thinkin' what will happen when Diamond Tiara comes back.”

“I tell you what will happen. She will see how wrong we were about you, what a good friend you can be and then she'll be glad that she can be your friend too.”

“And if she doesn't?”

“Oh come on, didn't we have this the other way around when we were camping?”

“Yeah, Ah' guess we did. But Ah' also remember how much ya' rely on Diamond Tiara's opinion. And now Ah' start to see why. Which is a bit unsettling.”

“What's that supposed to mean?”

“Please, don't get me wrong. But Ah'm kinda worried she could turn ya' around again once she's back. Ah' don't want to think that way, but Ah' can't help it...”

“Then let me help it: It won't happen. I promise. I don't want to be like I was before.”

Apple Bloom smiled thankfully. “Ah' know Ah' can believe ya'. Ah' don't even know why Ah'm havin' these doubts.”

“I do. After all I did over the last years, I wouldn't believe me if I were you either.”

“But ma' sister says, if ya' want to be trusted by others, ya' gotta trust them first.”

“As long as you trust me to prove those doubts wrong, that is good enough for me. To be honest, that is even more than I would have ever dared to ask for.”

“And if Ah' should be honest, Ah'm lookin' forward to you proving' me wrong. Okay, why don't we take a little break to clear our heads and then get back to work?”

“Sounds great. And I think I have something that's perfect to get your mind off schoolwork.”

Silver Spoon stood up and walked over to her desk. There she opened a drawer and pulled out a small paper bag. Inside were a number of light auburn colored bon-bons.

She offered them to Apple Bloom, saying: “These are my favorites. Perfect whenever you need a distraction from whatever is going on your nerves. Too bad Bon Bon has them in her shop only once in a while.”

“Oh, thanks,” Apple Bloom said and tried one. After a few moments of tasting the candy she said with much less enthusiasm than Silver spoon had expected: “That's strange.”

“What?”

“It's apple flavored. Somehow familiar but Ah' can't say what kind of apple.”

“Maybe that's because they're not made of apples from around here. I forgot that town's name, but these apples only grow there.” Even if her friend wasn't as impressed as Silver spoon had hoped for, that she knew of apples Apple Bloom didn't know, was an entertaining thought.

“What are they called?”

“Braeburns.”

Apple Bloom's face lit up like she had finally found the solution for the final problem in a test. “That's why Ah' couldn't put them in the right spot. Ah' only had them once before. Oh, and the town yer lookin' for is Applelooza.”

“Yeah, right. How do you know that?”

“That's where cousin Braeburn lives.”

“Wait, that Braeburn is a cousin of yours?”

“Yeah.”

Now Silver Spoon joined her friend's excitement. “That is awesome.”

“It is?”

“Yes, it is. Do you think you could help me buy Braeburns directly from him?”

“Maybe. But ya' know he is growing the apples, not the bon-bons, right?”

“Yes, of course. But that's what I'm talking about. If I can buy them, maybe I can get Bon Bon to make them into candies. She once said she would like to sell more of the Braeburns, but she only gets so few apples per delivery. And those don't even come regularly.”

“Well, Ah' could ask him. But if Bon Bon has trouble getting' more Ah'm pretty sure he just doesn't have any more to sell. Ah' guess most of them are needed for the settlers there.”

“Hm, asking can't hurt. And if you're right, maybe I can get my father to pay him in food for the apples.”

“Ya'd really go that far for just some candy?”

“Some candy? This isn't just some candy. You tasted it. As it sounds, you're still tasting it. That is without a doubt the best candy in the world. Or at least Equestria.”

“Yes, it is tasty and all, but still, we're talkin' about candy, right? And even if Celestia herself announced it as the national candy of Equestria, don't ya' think ya' should ask Bon Bon if she'd do this in the first place?”

“Of course I will ask her. But why would she say no?”

“Ah' don't know, maybe she just doesn't have the time for it. Ah'm not sayin' she won't do it, just that maybe she can't.”

“Hm, I see. Okay, I'll ask her later. But I do have your word you will ask your cousin?”

Apple Bloom laughed. “Of course.”

“Great. Now that that is settled, would you like something to drink?”

“Yeah, especially if it's cold.”

Silver Spoon nodded, left the room and returned a few minutes later with a tray carrying two glasses of ice-tea. Then the two fillies picked up their studies again. This time without any distractions.

It was astounding how simple some problems seemed now that Apple Bloom was explaining them step by step to her. She finally understood equations formerly unsolvable to her, finally got a grasp on what all these markings on a map were supposed to mean, and even learned the difference between a verb and an adjective.

After hours of learning even the last bit of dedication Silver Spoon had carried since noon was used up. Apple Bloom and she both decided that they had done enough for one day and that it was time to finally enjoy their summer vacation as it was meant to be enjoyed.

First, Silver Spoon showed Apple Bloom around the house. Not the whole house, the guest room's, as well as her sister's and her parent's bedrooms didn't seem that worthy to show off. But that still left more than enough to see, most importantly the pool. That's where they spent the rest of the afternoon, splashing away the midsummer heat.

Yet the afternoon seemed to be way too short. Despite every clock in the house insisting they should have had more time than they had spent on learning. Silver Spoon even suspected her butler to have manipulated the clocks.

But just as she was about to dismiss that mental accusation, the very same pony showed up to tell them it was time for Apple Bloom to go home. Silver Spoon protested, but her temporary guardian insisted that he “knew when it was the appropriate time to send home a young filly.”

So under the already setting sun, their day together ended. Or at least almost ended, since Stickler agreed to Silver Spoon bringing her guest home – not without reminding her that she was still forbidden to enter the Apple's home, of course.

After strolling across town with as many distraction as they could find for themselves they eventually reached the the point where they had to say their good-byes. They agreed to meet right there the next day at noon, then Silver Spoon returned home. This time without prolonging her walk purposely. But as soon as she arrived at home she wished she had.

“Hey there, little sister.”

The voice greeting her was the one she had been able to avoid for almost a full week of summer by now. It belonged to a cream coated filly, almost a young mare, with a chestnut-brown mane. Her azure eyes greeted Silver Spoon with the look of a predator that had just picked its dinner.

“What are you doing here?” snapped Silver Spoon.

“I live here.”

“Oh, right. I almost forgot, since you're never around. Don't you have any of your parties to go away to?”

“No, not today. For a change. But I thought, maybe you could help me with this.”

“What am I supposed to do about it?”

“You could teach me how to deal with it. I mean, you do have a lot of experience in having no friends around you. Or, in your case, no friends at all.”

“I do have friends,” hissed Silver Spoon through gritted teeth.

“Oh, yeah. That wannabe princess of yours who's willing to train you as her lackey.”

“She's not training me!”

“So, you're a natural lackey then?”

“Oh, just forget about it and leave me alone.”

“As you wish, dear sister,” said Marecedes with an over-exaggerated bow. “I'll leave it and forget about you.”

A taunting grin on her lips Marecedes eyed her for a moment. Then she shook her head, turned around and left towards the kitchen.

Silver Spoon stared after her, teeth clenched and her whole body shaking with anger. She didn't know if she wanted to scream or cry. Or both. But she knew she couldn't give her sister the success of either, her being there or not. The filly forced her hooves to stay put until she could be sure to be out of earshot. Then she broke into a run, stomping up the stairs. She slammed the door to her room shut behind her and threw herself onto the bed.

She buried her face in a pillow and took a few deep breaths. When she started to feel a little bit dizzy, she turned onto her back. Then she stared at some point far beyond the ceiling. Her mind was filled with one simple, yet unsolvable question: Why did I let her get to me again so easily?

All her plans to be nicer to her sister, her resolution to abide Big Mac's advice, every piece of hope she had gathered for this... Gone within two lines exchanged between them.

She tried to force herself to see something in her, that gave a hint that Marecedes wasn't the pony Silver Spoon saw on the outside. But she couldn't remember anything. Well anything except that one day of sickness she had lived through.

Absentmindedly, the filly fished for a certain plush bunny on the bed. She got a hold of it and held it straight up in front of her. Sighing, she said: “Mr. Snuffles, why does she make it so hard for me to see her nice side? I know she has one. But why does she always do that to me?”

She hugged the bunny to her chest, turning to the side.

“It's not that I want it to be like this. It's just that whenever she talks to me, she knows exactly what to say to drive me crazy. And I don't know what to do about it. I can't even see why she does. What am I to her?”

She grabbed her blanket, tugging herself and Mr. Snuggles tightly in it.

“I wish it would be as simple as with Apple Bloom. But I couldn't even get as far as asking her about doing anything together without getting into another fight with her. How am I going to make her realize that whatever she sees in me is wrong? Big Mac and Applejack were definitely right about that, being nice to others is hard work.”

She took another look at her bunny, now cradled in her arms.

“What do you think, Mr. Snuffles? Is there anything else I can try? Talking will surely don't work. I tried that for years. At least it won't without her changing at least a little bit first. But how can I make her change without talking to her?”

With this last question on her mind the short last night finally caught up to her. She drifted of to sleep mid-thought into a deep, dreamless slumber.

The next morning she awoke with a – to herself – surprisingly clear idea what she was going to do today. She jumped out of bed and took a quick glance at her alarm clock. Knowing her sister would be asleep for at least a few more hours, she worked through her morning routine as fast as possible. A short shower and quick breakfast later she was on her way to Bon Bon's candy store.

The store's door swung open with the familiar tinging of the tiny bell above it. And at the same moment, Silver Spoon woke up a second time that day, as the composition of candy-flavored scents surrounded her. She closed her eyes and savored the sweet smell. After a deep breath Silver Spoon opened her eyes again, just to see that she was alone in the shop. There were no customers and even Bon Bon was not at her usual place behind the counter.

Silver Spoon looked around, as if to find some instruction on how to deal with an absent shop owner. Just as she wondered if she should try simply calling for her, she heard a voice through the door behind the counter.

“Hello, I'm with you in a thecond!”

Obviously Twist was somewhere in the back. A moment later, the door behind the counter opened. The red haired filly with her thick glasses carried a bowl of pink and white striped bon-bons. When she saw Silver Spoon she placed it on the counter and smiled.

“Thilver Thpoon! Nithe to thee you. How wath camping?”

“It was great. Definitely way more fun than I had expected. But, where's Bon Bon? Is she already letting you run her shop by yourself?”

“No, thilly. She found she were short on thome thupplieth she needed and now she'th at the market to get them. And thinthe there are usually only a few cuthtomerth at thith time of day, if at all, she letth me keep an eye on the shop.”

“Say, are you always here at this time?”

“No, of couthe not. Only during vacationth.”

“You really get up early during your vacation to work here? Why?”

“Becauthe I love working here. And I want to have my own candy thtore when I'm grown up. The more I learn here, the better prepared I'll be for that.”

Before Silver Spoon could open her moth again the bell at the door announced the return of the shop owner. Her saddlebags were bulging and her heavy steps spoke of their weight. Still her face lit up when she saw the two fillies.

“So my eyes didn't betray me,” she said walking over to the counter. “Now that's a nice surprise. Just let me unpack these and we'll be right back with you. Twist, would you please?”

The addressed filly nodded and went back to the door she came out of before and held it open. A moment later she and Bon Bon disappeared through it.

As soon as they were gone Silver Spoon had an idea. She grabbed one of the bags hanging at the shelves, the biggest one she could find. When she heaved it right next to the register, fully stuffed with a bit of everything the shop had to offer, the ponies she had been waiting for returned.

“Now that's a big order, honey, even for you,” commented Bon Bon. “Is there a special occasion?”

“I don't know if it is special, but I want some to share with my guests,” answered Silver Spoon.

“Ah, I see. Is Apple Bloom one of them?”

“Yes. Actually, she is the only one yet.” Silver Spoon turned to Twist. “But I wanted to ask if you would like to come over too?”

“Me?” Twist said. “You're really inviting me?”

“Yes, I am. So, do you want to?”

“Well, yeth, I'd like to. But why me?”

“Why not you?”

“I don't know. But it'th a bit thurpithing.”

“Okay, then let's say it's as a thank you for telling Apple Bloom where to find me. If you hadn't, maybe she and I wouldn't have had that camping night. Not yet, anyway. Other than that I hope we can become friends too.”

“Well, that thoundth like a good reathon to me. I'll be there.”

“Great! So, until what time are you working here?”

“Until I want to.”

“What?” Silver Spoon looked from Twist to Bon Bon and back. Both didn't show any sign that this had been meant as a joke. “So, you can just leave work whenever you want?”

“Of course she can,” laughed Bon Bon. “She isn't an employee here. Twist helps me when she can and wants to.”

Twist nodded as Silver Spoon silently asked her for confirmation.

“You're really serious about that own candy store, huh?” asked Silver Spoon.

Twist nodded again. “Sure! Well, and the free candy I get for the help ith nithe too. But I told you, I do love working here.”

“Wow,” sighed Silver Spoon. “You know what? I kind of envy you.”

“Really?” asked Twist.

“Do you want to work here too?” asked Bon Bon.

“No, it's not that. I'd rather stay a customer. But just yesterday Cheerilee asked me if I knew what I wanted to be when I grow up. And I didn't know what to answer. I hadn't even thought of that before.”

“Don't worry,” Bon Bon said. “Most fillies your age don't.”

“Yeah, she said that too. But the thing is, now it somehow bugs me. And so far, there was only one thing I could think of, but...”

“But what?” asked Twist.

“I'm not really sure if I ever could do that.”

“You'll never know unless you try, honey,” said Bon Bon. “Maybe I can somehow help you. What is it you're thinking of?”

“Hm, why not?” pondered Silver Spoon. “So, do you know how I can become a psychiatrist?”

Bon Bon's encouraging smile vanished like cotton candy at a birthday party. “No, I'm afraid I don't. All I know is that you have to go to college. But, how did you get that idea? Most foals your age, if at all, want to become firefighters, veterinarians, engineers or maybe even singers or actors.”

“Applejack said they're like doctors who treat hurt souls. And that's something I'd like to do.”

“You want to do thomething like that?” Twist looked like Silver Spoon had told them she wanted to become an Alicorn.

Bon Bon, on the other hand, said nothing. She simply looked Silver Spoon straight in the eyes, slightly tilting her head. The filly felt like a piece of an exhibition, giving Bon Bon a hard time to figure out what she was meant to represent. But when the mare finally spoke, her voice was as cheerful as ever.

“I knew the Apples would have an excellent influence on you, honey.”

“What do you mean?” asked Silver Spoon, gladly taking this chance to ignore Twist's question.

“Only a few days ago you stood here before me, explaining why it wasn't your fault why you sent a filly off crying and tried to justify every bit of mean-spirit you threw at her. And now you want to become somepony who heals souls.”

“Too bad I don't know how.”

“Have you tried the library?” suggested Twist. “Maybe you can find a book about it.”

Bon Bon nodded. “That would be the only idea have myself.”

“Hm, I haven't thought of that,” admitted Silver Spoon. “I guess I'll give that a try these days. But, um, weren't we talking about something else before?”

“I think you wanted to know when I can come over.”

“Yeah, right. So, I meet Apple Bloom at noon, at the road leading up to Sweet Apple Acres. Then we're going to my place. So, you can either meet with us there and help us learning or join us in the afternoon when we're done with that.”

“I'll be there at noon.”

Silver Spoon nodded. “Great! I'll see you then. Oh, and Bon Bon, thanks for the tip with the library.”

“No need to thank me. I hope you'll find what you're looking for.”

The second the store's door had closed behind her, silver spoon froze in her steps. A lightning of realization had struck her. Almost involuntarily her hoof hit her forehead.

She had forgotten to ask. Forgotten to ask the one question she came here for in the first place.

Should she go back in and still do it?

No, better not. She somehow felt stupid just thinking about it. That was just too embarrassing.

Mentally scolding herself all the way, she went back home. Once she had deposited her goods in her room, she instructed the kitchen staff that she expected another guest for the day.

A few hours later she met with both her guests at the edge of Ponyville. Apple Bloom was surprised to see Twist there, but more than that, she was happy to see her.

“Ya see?” she said. “Ah' told ya ya'd make more friends sooner than ya'd thought.”

At that moment Silver Spoon looked nervously at Twist. Why she was nervous or what she had expected to see from her she didn't know. But whatever it had been her subconscious had anticipated, all she saw was the same smile of joyful anticipation she had come to be used to.

On their way back to the mansion they told Twist all about the camping night. This also led to Silver Spoon having to retell the story of her cutie mark yet once again. As it seemed, Twist, too, had mistaken her cutie mark.

Unlike the day before, Stickler had positioned himself in front of the front door once again. After greeting Lady Silver Spoon and expressing his hopes that she had a wonderful morning, he turned towards her guests. Or rather just towards one of them, ignoring Apple Bloom.

“I think we haven't met before, Miss...?”

“Twist,” replied the filly as if she found an answer to earn some extra credits.

Stickler nodded and somewhere behind his mustache his mouth contorted into the resemblance of a smile. Now he finally also regarded Apple Bloom, his eyes betraying his strain for a welcoming demeanor. Yet his voice notably sounded a lot friendlier, even though Silver Spoon couldn't shake the feeling she heard a hint of ostentation in it.

“Well then, be welcome to this house. I hope your stay with us will be pleasant. Dinner is already served, please follow me to the dining room. If you find anything amiss or have a wish, please do not hesitate to tell me.”

Without the wait for any form of reply he turned around and led them inside.

Behind him Apple Bloom leaned towards Silver Spoon and whispred: “What's up with him?”

“I have no idea,” said Silver Spoon honestly.

“What should be up with him? He theemth nithe!” Twist threw in.

Silver Spoon and Apple Bloom looked at each other, silently agreeing to let this topic be settled for now.

After he had shown them to the dining room Stickler told he hoped they would enjoy their meals and left them alone. On the table were plates already filled with still steaming peas, carrots and mashed potatoes, as well as some mushrooms Silver Spoon didn't know the name of. Right next to them stood bowls with tomato salad.

“Have you invited thomepony elthe?” asked Twist after they had taken their seats.

“What?” asked Silver Spoon.

“Yeah,” said Apple Bloom, “there are four plates here.”

Silver Spoon stared at the plate pointed out to her. “Oh please, don't tell me...”

Her fears were confirmed by a stretched-out yawn coming from the door. There stood Marecedes, her chestnut-brown mane looking like she had just crawled out of bed and went straight down here. In fact, to Silver Spoon's experience, that was most likely the case. Her big sister gazed at the table with one half-opened eye while absentmindedly scratching her flank. Then she said with another yawn: “Oh, sweet. Breakfast.”

Silver Spoon cleared her throat loudly. “Dear sister, we have guests.”

“Really? I didn't invite anypony,” said Marecedes, blinking and rubbing her eyes. Then she finally seemed to recognize the other fillies at the table. Pointing at them she asked: “Who're they?”

“My friends Apple Bloom and Twist.”

Marecedes slumped onto the chair in front of the fourth plate. Silver Spoon wasn't sure if she had even listened to her answer. Her eyes still obviously heavy with sleep Marecedes looked from one of her sister's guests to the other and back. The two fillies looked at each other, their faces caught somewhere between amusement and bewilderment.

“That's funny,” said Marecedes finally turning back to her sister. “Didn't know you had a thing for red-heads.”

She grinned like she expected some kind of reaction from Silver Spoon. But the filly only stared back at her, not willing to dignify such a nonsensical comment in any way.

After a few seconds Marecedes sighed. “Never mind. So, what are they doing here?”

“Like I told you, they are my guests. If you're interested in what we have planned, first we will do a bit of studying and then spend the rest of the day together.”

“Study? You?” Marecedes gave a hollow laugh. “Now that's a new one. Don't tell me you're actually taking this whole summer school thing seriously?”

“She is,” Apple Bloom threw in. “And we're here to help her.”

Marecedes turned her attention to the filly that had just spoken to her. She regarded her for a moment, focusing on her for the first time since she entered the room. Then she asked: “What was your name again?”

“Apple Bloom.”

“Apple Bloom?” she repeated with growing annoyance in her voice. “So, you're that filly Applejack calls her sister?”

The three filly's fell silent, staring at each other in confusion.

“What do ya' mean, 'calls'?” asked Apple Bloom. “Ah' am her sister.”

“Yeah, yeah, never mind.” Marecedes waved a hoof dismissively. “Say, were you here during the last days too?”

“Yes, Ah' was.”

“So that's what Stickler meant. Figures.”

“And she will be here again tomorrow and the days after that as well,” said Silver Spoon sternly.

“Oh, will she?” said Marecedes amused. Her lips curled to a malicious smile. “Don't you have school tomorrow?”

“Yes, I do. And after school, we'll be coming here. I hope you don't have a problem with that?”

“Oh no, not at all. On the contrary, I'm looking forward to it. This might get entertaining after all.”

“What do you mean?” Silver Spoon felt an unpleasant chill creeping up her spine. Her sister seemed way too happy hearing these news.

“Oh, don't worry. You'll see tomorrow. And for now, I'll be off to my room.”

With these words Marecedes rose from the chair. She clenched the plate between her teeth, balancing the food out of the dining room. Silver Spoon couldn't help it, she always felt a little bit of awe when she saw her sister doing this at walking speed without even spilling a single pea.

And as soon as her sister was gone, Silver Spoon felt the questioning stares of Twist and Apple Bloom pressing on her.

Author's Note:

I knew it would take longer to finish the chapters now, but I didn't expect this... Well, I guess this will be the new time frame now for updates. So, if there should have been anybody afraid this story got abonded by me: Don't worry, it will be finished. It might take a lot longer than expected, but I came too far by now to just give up.

In that sense, I want to thank everybody who is following this story, has commented or sent me notes about it or has just read it until this point. Why now? No special reason. It's just that I realized that this is already the 16th chapter and I've been working on the story for almost 2 years now. That is, counting from when I wrote down my first notes and started to bring my ideas into order.

When I published the first chapter(s), I wasn't sure if I'd get even a single person to follow my work. To be honest, I didn't even expect to get any favorites at all on this. And now there are 65 people out there waiting for me to update. Even more if I also take fanfiction.net into account, though here might be a few following me on both sites ^^.

I don't care how much or little that is in comparison to other authors. To me, it means the world.

And even if you didn't favorite my story, if you never wrote me a comment or note, even if you're silently somewhere out there, just enjoying what I've been thinking up, let me tell all of you:

I love every single one of you.

Seriously, the thought of someone spending his spare time on reading the stuff I thought up really brightens my day. This may sound extremely sappy, but it's nothing but the truth.

So, once again, I say a huge thank you to everybody who's reading this and hope to see you again in Chapter 17.

P.S.: For the off-chance that there should really be somebody who got the overly obscure reference: Yes, I am a huge wrestling fan ;).