• Published 19th Dec 2012
  • 2,761 Views, 35 Comments

Equestrian human - Vinyl Destination



You all know Lyra Heartstrings. You all know of the unicorn that obsesses over Humans to the point of mimicing them. But how much do you really know about this pony?

  • ...
6
 35
 2,761

Wibbly Wobbly stuff.

Well after weeks of pondering the many things recently happening in my life I came to one major conclusion: I have no idea what's happening! Celestia's emblem seemingly transported me to a world that shouldn't even be real and I have no idea why, for all I know she dragged me here herself. The problem arises that if she did do it on purpose then why has she not contacted me? I was in her castle you think I would have been more of a priority. The other question is why in whatever God they believe in here, did I become a Mare of all things? It seems so wrong for something that fundamental be be changed for no reason and it may just be my imagination but it seems like I'm the secondary character in my own life. Like I'm just backstage to other people and getting dragged along for the ride. A few times I wonder if this is just a vivid dream, because it just seems impossible - not that I'm complaining mind you - I have been getting a nagging feeling too like something has changed. I guess a lot has but ironically or coincidentally (depending on your view on it) a lot of the changes I'm used to or are starting to feel natural, but it's like something is changing that I should be noticing but I'm just not.

I've gotten into a habit of writing my thoughts down in a journal (writing with magic is getting pretty natural too) I love mystery novels, they give such a good feeling to the reader trying to figure out what's happening before the main character. Now it feels like I am that Main Character and it is both fun and confusing. I don't really know where to look and my only lead I have to wait nearly a year to see. I was sitting at a desk in my still unfinished room, looking at my writings, my pictures, all of it just hoping there was something I missed... No such luck. Then I looked at that cryptic letter I got a while back, why did this feel like such an urgent warning? It's been several days since that letter was given to me and nothing has happened. It was still fairly early in the morning not even the birds that made a home outside my window were chirping. Bon Bon left to open shop so I was alone, I hated when she left to run her shop. It made me feel useless and I hated feeling useless, I need to figure out some way to compensate her for letting me live here. I looked back at my Lyre lovingly placed on a shelf I felt a smile spread across my face as I got an idea.

(@&$)

(Bon Bon)

The morning was running slow, it's to be expected when you run a candy shop. Morning Ponies don't exactly run for the candy first thing in the morning. There were a few ponies coming in to pick up some orders I had, but aside from that not much head way. It was moments like this I wondered about this and that how Sugarcube Corner always seemed to be busy, but lately it's been about Lyra. She's been getting really into these "Monster Hunts" childish and innocent more than not but it made me feel nostalgic. I'd never tell her this or anypony else but I used to be a part of a Monster Agency headed by Celestia herself. An unfortunate accident on my part and Celestia had to disband the organization to preserve deniability. Most foals would call us "Monster Hunters" but that was an oversimplification. This life was actually pretty pleasant compared to my old one but every now and then I wish I could revisit those days even for a moment. I still owned some basic gear too! My thoughts were snapped back to reality when Derpy burst loudly through my store door and flew over to me with a worried expression. "Bon Bon! I need your help!" She said her voice filled with urgency.

"Why? What's happening?" I asked trying to hide any concern.

"I need to find a Stallion, a very specific one, he has a brown coat and dark brown mane with an hour glass cutie mark. He sometimes wears a green tie." She described. I had to wonder what kind of history she had with a pony like that, that she would look for him like this. I pushed those thoughts aside for now.

"No, no one like that, sorry Derpy." I apologized. I wish I could be more help. She flew off not quite as fast but still in a speedy manner.

The last thing I heard from her as she left was more directed to herself than anyone else "What am I gonna do?!"

"....Well that was interesting." I muttered to myself somewhat dumbstruck. Was something bad happening? There was a tinge of concern in the back of my head, I got a really bad feeling about today.

(@&$)

(Lyra)

I sat at the base of a tree in the park that was in town, my trusty Lyre levitating in the air and I started playing. I saw street artists all the time do this sort of thing and if my Bit to Dollar ratio is even slightly correct then 40 bits would be a good day. My plan was simple and elegant: do some street music, ponies get impressed with my skills, and the Bits come rolling. It was so simple even a kid could do it. I really do need to thank Tapes for giving it back, Vinyl really reminds me of him. I wonder if her parents are like that too.

I was playing all these different songs I could think of and some I just made up, I lost track of time, I think I was playing for about and hour or so and I managed to make 5 Bits. Not as much as I was hoping in one hour but it was something. I heard voices of two familiar blue and white Unicorns.

"It's been weeks now Colgate! I keep telling you I only look at them for the advertisements. I don't care about that other stuff!" Vinyl insisted as the two of them walked down a road side by side in an argument.

"Don't give me that excuse! That's one of the oldest lies, nopony looks at the advertising in those books. No one! How could you show such a sweet and innocent pony those, how could you bring those to Rarity's shop?" Colgate retorted.

"Simple, I was looking at the advertisements."

"Lies!"

"How could you think I'd be so impure?" Vinyl asked indignantly.

"I could give you many reasons." Colgate said with confidence

I was going to interrupt this argument when some weird Stallion with a brown mane and coat and hourglass cutie mark ran up to them. "Excuse me ladies, but have you seen anything out of the ordinary? Odd behavior, moodiness, odd fashions, that sort of thing." He had a voice that seemed similar to someone I remember seeing on TV and he looked really familiar.

"You'd have a better chance looking for that sort of thing in Canterlot." Vinyl joked. Then with a smirk she added "or my friend here."

"Oh we're doing this now, huh?!" Colgate responded angrily.

"You know I heard that you're a pretty cheerful and optimistic pony but I haven't seen it." Vinyl said, her smirk not vanishing. Apparently the Stallion didn't understand the joke because he was suddenly invading Colgates personal space shining a light into her eyes and asking very personal questions. During all of this I just sat there separated by nothing but a small hedge watching in amazement at this pony unaware of universal concepts like space, privacy or common decency. After a while of this strange interrogation he stops with a look of confidence of a pony who knew what he doing.

"Sorry for that, it's very important business I'm sure you understand, now if you'll excuse me I have to continue my investigation." And he started to do a mild trot away from them like nothing happened.

I walk over to them and just ask "what just happened?" Neither of us had an answer. That's when things got weirder. Derpy flew past us calling out to him

"Doctor, finally found you!" she was breathing heavily like she was flying as fast as she could "I found something you need to look at!" Managing to sound worried despite heavy breathing.

"Yes!" The Weird doctor said excitedly "lead the way Derpy!" Derpy knew him? More importantly the guy was a Doctor? They ran off and vanished behind a corner. Then Derpy casually walked past us again from the opposite direction as if nothing happened. How did she get behind us?

"What the- Derpy how did you get here?" Vinyl asked

Derpy only returned a confused look "I walked. How did you get here?"

"I mean WHY are you here didn't you run off with that doctor?"

"What doctor?"

Colgate waved her hoof dismissively "wait, wait, wait, you fly over her so fast that you're out of breath to meet this doctor and show him something and then quickly abandon him and act like you never knew him? Wait kind of game is being played her? If this some kind of joke I'm not getting?" She was more confused than annoyed and I was in the same boat.

Derpy was just as confused but more defensive "I really don't know what you are talking about, I don't need to see a doctor and I was just enjoying my day off. Are you sure it was me and not Somepony else?" That could be it but... no I'm pretty sure it was her.

"Maybe..." I said unsure.

($&@#*)

(Bon Bon)

Well the day was getting pretty normal for a while up until noon my shop had an unusual amount of ponies and their must be some weird fashion trend going on because not only were there was a store filled to burst with ponies but they all had purple paint across their face that reminded me of a Racoon mask. I was happy for the business but I just wish they weren't so aggressive about getting candy. You'd think it was a matter of life and death. I never thought I would see the day when I wished less ponies would shop here. I was hurriedly grabbing hoof gulls of bits and shoving them into the register, I had given up on opening up and closing it and just left it open. There was a consistent line of ponies coming in and out towards the counter and away from it I couldn't even look out the windows where I usually got a good view of Sugarcube Corner there were ponies blocking it from the outside and inside because the place was so full. "Don't forget your change!" A yelled to one pony over the noise

"Who cares about the change?!" He yelled back. I was taken aback from that. Usually if someone wanted me to keep the change (which wasn't often) they would be like "you need it more than I do" or something equally as sweet, but it was as if he just couldn't be bothered.

"Focus back to us you moron!" One mare yelled at me rudely glaring at me from the other side of the counter "some of us have more important things to do!"

"Then why are you here?" I mumbled under my breath as I took the money. Suddenly someone yelled over the noise so loudly it was clear for everyone's ears.

"The candy is all gone!" I breathed a sigh of relief but it was given too soon for what was about to happen. All the activity in the shop went dead silent and I think my heart skipped a beat the next two voices voices broke that sudden bone chilling silence. But they didn't easy the sudden sense of danger. Quietly I moved one of my back hooves careful not to make any sudden movements two pulls out a metal suitcase I kept for emergencies from under the counter.

"What do you mean gone?!" One of the new voices yelled the crowd split for the, revealing Pinkie and Fluttershy both not looking quite like themselves. They both wore a frown so unlike them and they had those same purple paint around their eyes like everypony else. It was Pinkie would had asked that question.

"You better find more or there is going to be serious trouble." Fluttershy said. It wasn't a threat so much as a promise. I was shocked, nervous and curious all at the same time. "We need that sugar and we WILL get it." Pinkie and Fluttershy both stomped over to me and glared into my eyes. I don't know what they were planning on doing but I was almost certain that these couldn't be the same kind ponies I've known for years. I didn't give them an inch my expression remained calm.

Pinkie slammed her front hooves on the counter angrily "Where is the rest of it?!"

"I'm sorry miss Pie but it would seem that my stock has been completely wiped out. I can't possibly think of a reason why." I said calmly. She did not like my answer and screamed a loud and angry scream as she threw my tip jar against a wall.

Fluttershy had her turn to scream but this scream came with an order. "She must have Sugar in still in this shop! We'll just have to tear this place apart until we find it!" That's when all Tartarus broke out because next thing we knew stones were smashing windows. Ponies were tearing down anything attached to the wall with anything they could use shelves toppled, jars smashed holes in the walls, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie jumped over the counter looking for a fight, well I'll give it to them. I grabbed my briefcase with my front hooves and used it to smash Pinkie in the side of the head and sent back over the counter. While Pinkie was stunned and Fluttershy distracted I quickly tried to open it and grab some of my gear. But I only managed to grab two things before Fluttershy wrapped her hooves around my neck and was aggressively trying to pull me away. I quickly put on my sunglasses and activated the flash bang grenade I had and tossed a distance away from me. I closed my eyes for good measure and heard the bang and immediate screams of pain from the ponies in my shop and felt the grip around my neck release. I looked around and saw ponies clutching their eyes in pain. "Ah! When I get you I'll make you pay!" Fluttershy screamed. I quickly grabbed the case and decided I should close shop early. As I ran to the door I saw Derpy and the Stallion she was talking about enter the store door.

"Bon-Bon hurry!" Derpy yelled "It's not safe here" I kind of figured that one out on my own.

(@&$-:)

(Lyra)

During my own attempt at money I managed 10 bits and decided to call it a day. I decided to
Head back to Bon's shop with Vinyl and Colgate but quickly noticed that it seemed like a bad time to do that. Why, you ask? Because their was a small riot going on around her shop. I saw her run out of the shop smacking ponies away with a briefcase with Derpy and her doctor outside. The rioting ponies looked like they gave up on her after she left the shop. We ran over to her in a hurry. "Bon-Bon, what's happening?" I yelled

She was breathing heavily and looked haggard from fighting her way through that "I... I don't even know. Something about sugar then they started to destroy the place... How do those two things even connect?!?"

The doctor pulled out what looked like a tricked out pen and pointed it at the ponies, it glowed and made a strange but familiar humming noise. It looked really familiar too. It took only a few seconds and then he looked at it "strange... What ever those ponies are both do and do not belong in this dimension" I thought a bout that for a few seconds and an idea slowly dawned on me.

"No." I said under my breath. It was Impossible even for the current standards.

Vinyl spoke up "How in the world would you know something like that?"

The doctor responded calmly "Well the typical properties on this universe aren't found in parts of their bodies, something that doesn't exist in this universe is something to take note of." I just kept trying to push the idea out of my head, but that voice, that pen- or rather an advanced Screwdriver, such wide but specific knowledge. It had to be but it couldn't be.

"That's impossible to know, how could you even know the properties of the universe" Colgate said

"Is this a quiz? It's simple if you know where to look."

"Well then what do they want?"

"Sugar if what we've heard is anything to go by."

"Why do they want sugar so badly?" Bon-Bon asked

The Doctor smiled "THAT is an excellent question and one I do not have an answer too, but it sounds fascinating to figure out."

I just had to makes sure and his answer would no doubt tell me once and for all "Just who exactly are you?"

He looked right at me and answered just as happily "I'm The Doctor" I have never been so shocked, happy and scared in my entire life. Happy because somehow, whatever messed up thing happened I made it into the MLP universe but not only that in my universe The Doctor is just some fictional character but somehow this universe has a real life version of The Doctor. What scared me was that if something like this has gotten his attention then something bad is happening. "OMG! It's you- I mean it's obviously you, but come on this is like barely a 1 and a billion chance it's so small even I can't think of a number yet here you are!" I was just spewing out joy in a storm of babbling nonsense and I couldn't stop "You are a legend! At least I hope you are here but you are back there-"

"Lyra, Lyra what are you talking about?" Bon-Bon asked interrupting my first personal encounter of fan girling.

"It's The Doctor!" I said bouncing up and down.

"Doctor who?

"Actually it's just the Doctor." He answered "how do you know me... Or have we met before... Time Travel still manages to confuse me every now and then." He mumbled not too quietly to himself tapping his chin in thought. I was about to answer when a brick whizzed past my face. We looked over to see some angry ponies with weird purple stuff around their eyes started to crawl out of the destruction and run towards us. "On second thought tell me later, for now let's just run." No one argued with him and so with angry possibly brain washed ponies on our tails we ran as far as we could. Looking back this is where I believe my adventure truly began and where the mysteries got more confusing.

Author's Note:

Well after a good time over a year I finally got back to writing this. Not gonna lie I lost a bit of intrest but after seeing a comment saying how they wish I didn't quit, I felt a bit of confidence in the writing again. I just thought it wasn't good enough to continue. Nice to see that even now some people still want to read my ramblings. This is a rough begginnng once again because I had to remember where I wanted to go with this story. Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things and get these out on a more regular basis.

Comments ( 11 )

Happy days!
38.media.tumblr.com/12d9fe44b7d21eb458c251bafc7cb73f/tumblr_inline_mttrrntIFw1qcmtc4.gif

Would you mind it if I suggested your story in my next story update? Your depictions of Lyra and Colgate heavily inspired my own.

6550786

Go ahead, I don't mind. Glad you're happy with it. :pinkiesmile: could you also tell me which story it is, I'm interested in reading it.

Comment posted by Vinyl Destination deleted Oct 21st, 2015

6551690 Improbable Truth. It's a bit shaky at first, and it lacks good humor sometimes, but I've got plans.

Pinkie Pie can't be that angry or throw a fit. Not even Fluttershy will ever be angry either, spite being the element of kindness.

I don't dislike this, I just point out the ooc.

6557217

There is a reason for it :moustache: honestly I'm surprised no one has picked up yet on why they are like that. I won't spoil it but I dug deep into the mlp library for this one. Nothing like a good mystery for a story about mysteries.

6650705

Thank you?:unsuresweetie: I mean I guess I'm thankful for letting me know I used incorrect grammar or spelled something wrong, but it seemed a bit... rude also, I guess. I don't even really know how to respond to that.

So...Is this story dead?

Well, while the new chapter really needs a bit of polishing, I'm glad to see you're getting back. I wanna see where this is going. It's fun.

I guess, since you haven't logged in for two years, I shouldn't expect any more updates. Oh, well. I'll track this story just in case.

And here comes the time traveling. If you're interested I have an OC who watches the timelines of many universes. They can meet him while getting the timeline back on track.

Login or register to comment