• Published 15th Jan 2012
  • 2,137 Views, 23 Comments

My Little Pony: Return of the Primal Fear - Lizardsareradical



Will Twilight and co. save Equestria from a new evil and prevent an eternity of nightmares?

  • ...
8
 23
 2,137

Not so Blueblooded

Chapter 22: Not so Blueblooded

Spike, Scootaloo, Princess Luna and Prince Blueblood were completely trapped inside the fallen prince Screameater. They couldn't stand that all around them was pure darkness forever. They hated how they had to step in inky sludge for all eternity. But most of all, they all despised that such a monster had a chance to ruin everything that Equestria stood for just for his own selfish goals.

Luckily, Luna's and Blueblood's magic weren't taken from them. Both nobles made a bright white light to illuminate at least feel more secure about their fate. They didn't talk too much though. Luna was hoping for her sister and the Elements to find a way to stop her insane brother, almost to the point of pitying him. Scootaloo as a mere filly, missed her family and friends the most and hoping that they weren't hurt. Spike regretted the fact that he left Twilight Sparkle on such bad terms, wishing that he could find a way to make amends. Blueblood was the most still of the group, deep in thought as he ignored everything around him.

"A prissy, pansy prince? Surely my father has never seen me in my prime. Was he really stupid enough to think that a stallion can live for over a thousand years and be the same pony? Obviously he hasn't paid attention to himself. I have done many things in life he would be proud of. But from what I can tell is that he only cares about the present.

Does he really know what it is like to be surrounded by friends and family for so many years? Does he understand the pain of watching your loved ones pass away one by one while you stay ever young? Does he even miss mother?

But I am the fool to. I waited till it was too late to get out of those monotonous parties and well-meaning-but-still-somehow-snobbish charities. I wish I went back to my old ways."

"How long do you think it's been?" Scootaloo asked the rest of the group; her peppy spirit pretty much completely drained from her as she lied down on Blueblood's back.

Luna let out a sigh. "I do not know child. When it comes to Eternity, the days, years, and even centuries begin to start flying by. But on a more optimistic tone, I would say that judging by us being the only ones inside my brother for quite some time though; it has only been a few days at most."

Spike just groaned in boredom. "This eternity is going to STINK."

After a while, everypony noticed that Blueblood was remarkably quiet and appeared to be in deep thought. Whatever he was thinking about, he was missing it badly.

"What is the matter nephew?" Luna asked him. "Do you miss your home?"

Blueblood just shook his head.

"Do you miss all of those great, princely riches?" Scootaloo questioned the mellow stallion.

All Blueblood said was a mellow "No."

Spike looked towards the prince. "Is it all those fancy parties and reveling in self indulgence?"

Blueblood gently got up and was quite stressed out by such questions. "Those stupid things are the last of my worries. Have you ever thought that maybe I'm thinking about my friends, my aunt, my great, great, great etc. grandchild?" He scolded at the dragon and alicorn. "Do you really think I'm that selfish?"

Scootaloo and Luna shook her heads but Spike was unsure how to reply. But then a strange thought came into his head and he had to ask it. "Wait a minute? How old are you?"

Blueblood was slightly taken aback by such a question. Normally it would be extremely rude to ask such a thing, but since they might be in here for a very long time, he decided to humble the dragon. "Over one thousand years old. Still young."

Spike's eyes widened with shock. "Seriously? That means you must be like…Cadence's great, great, great, great…"

Blueblood gave the dragon a deadpan look. "Yes I am. Just…don't add too many greats. Makes me feel older than I want to be."

Scootaloo softly spoke up. "But if you had children, who were you married to?"

Blueblood once again began to reminisce about his old days. But now he felt much happier about. Finally after so many years, he will have somepony to talk about his old adventures with. He magically lifted the filly, sat normally, and softly held Scootaloo in his forehooves, cradling her as if she was a foal. "Her name was Princess Armada; known by many as the Corsair of the Air. Met her way back about three hundred years ago. I was assigned by Celestia herself to stop the legendary skeleton pirate..." He spoke in a mock pirate accent. "Captain Scurvy Jones."

Spike raised his hand, remembering that name from one of Twilight's books. "Hey I know that guy! I remembered he terrorized the Cerulean Sea for his whole life and then one hundred years after that."

Blueblood nodded. "That's right. But I take no responsibility for him and his crew's…whirlpool accident. They did that to themselves." But then the prince had an idea. "But instead of telling you what Armada and Scurvy were like why don't I show you?"

Blueblood used his magic to create a large, floating that showed the Cerulean Sea. Spike, Scootaloo, and Luna saw the waves moving and the warm, early morning sunrise. Blueblood was proud of his spell, impressed how good it turned out for the first audience in a long time.

"This little spell is going show my memories of one of my many battles against Scurvy. Back when I was Captain of the Guard." He let out a chuckle. "Shining would be so envious of my past pursuits. But nevertheless, let the adventure begin."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain Blueblood was in his private quarters, documenting the condition of the ship and the results of their search. He was wearing a blue jacket with many medals on it to show his rank. He had heard from his girlfriend Princess Armada that Scurvy and his crew came back from their watery grave as skeletons hungry for revenge upon the living. Blueblood simply could not turn down the offer. So he got his unicorn guards and set sail on the finest, grandest ship in Equestria; the S.S Cetus. His crew has been searching for about a week now and still no sign of Scurvy. But just then, he began to vaguely hear a Sea Shanty tune along with fiddles and accordions.

What shall we do with the apple cider?

What shall we do with the apple cider?

What shall we do with the apple cider?

DRINK IT EVERY MORNIN'!

Blueblood stopped writing and began to pay close attention to the singing. He was pretty sure who it was and he was ready.

Way hay and up we're rising!

Way hay and up we're rising!

Way hay and up we're rising!

AND NO ONE WILL BE MOURNIN'!

Blueblood could sense the music getting closer. So he magically unsheathed his emerald embedded blade and quickly got out of his quarters.

Slice their belly with a rusty rapier.

Slice their belly with a rusty rapier.

Slice their belly with a rusty rapier.

MAKE THEIR MUMS START MOURNIN'!

Blueblood looked outside and saw a large, battered and improper ship. It had a wooden figurehead of skeletal seapony, a common legend of the high seas. The ship had black sails and their flag had a mare's skull and crossbones with a dagger in her teeth.

"ALRIGHT ALL HOOVES ON DECK!" Blueblood cried out ready for action. All the guards quickly got ready for the attack.

Stick them in an empty cider bowl headfirst!

Stick them in an empty cider bowl headfirst!

Stick them in an empty cider bowl headfirst!

THEN DUMP THEM IN THE MORNIN'!

Blueblood and his guards were getting very tired of these pirates singing threats to them. This also wasn't first time he heard them either. This song alone he heard at least five times.

Put them him bed at the ocean's bottom!

Put them him bed at the ocean's bottom!

Put them him bed at the ocean's bottom!

HIS AUNTIE WILL BE MOURNIN'!

The pirate ship was faster than it looked and managed to catch up the S.S Cetus, being only twenty feet away from the vessel. Blueblood and the guards can now see all of the skeletal mare and stallion pirates; each of them being an earth pony in life. Each one had cutlasses, instruments or apple cider in their hooves. None of them had eyes, but Blueblood could tell that they were looking at them with sadistic delight. Many of the guards began to shiver, but Blueblood remained steadfast.

The prince can now see his old foe Scurvy Jones slowly limping towards the side of the ship to look at all of the demoralized guards. The pirate captain was the remains of an earth stallion about the same size as the prince himself. He had a long grey beard covered in splinters and rotten seaweed and he only had five teeth left. He was wearing a thick black jacket and black pants to make up for his lack of flesh. The undead wore a black captain's hat that was wearing away. To compensate for a lack of a cutie mark, he stitched two of the ship's flags onto his pants. He even replaced his missing right forehoof with a ghastly and rusty hook.

Scurvy was chugging down a mug of apple cider, the liquid pouring out of his body.

What shall we do with the apple cider?

DRINK IT EVERY MORNIN'!

He took a glance at Blueblood and quickly tossed the mug at the stallion. Blueblood stood in his place as he used his magic to catch the mug and flinging it at a pirate in the crow's nest. The mug hit the skeleton stallion in the face, causing him to fall out and break to pieces.

Scurvy watched his wretched crewman's fall and then looked back towards Blueblood as he laughed heartily. "AHOY MATEY! HAVE SEEN YE IN MANY MOONS YE BUG EYED BARNACLE BREATH!"

Blueblood just began to laugh, to his own crew's confusion. "Is that the best insult you got? Your brain must have rotted away as well then!"

Scurvy still continued to laugh. "Still the sharp tongue as ever aren't ye pretty boy?" He took out a saber from his scabbard and held it in his good forehoof. "No matter. When I take you and your crew out, I'll be sure to cut that tongue out and feed it to the sharks!"

Blueblood was still nonchalant as he magically twirled his blade with great skill. "That's nice. I'll tell that one to my dog as we play fetch with one your ribs." He signaled his ponies to draw their swords.

Scurvy quit laughing and turned to his crew. "ALRIGHT YE MAGGOTS! PLAYTIME'S OVER! WE GOT OURSELVES A GOOD PRINCE FOR YE OLD "WALK THE PLANK" ENTERTAINMENT!" The crew dropped their drinks and instruments and each one took out their cutlasses. They all then began to growl and sneer at the soldiers.

Scurvy glared at the prince as he pointed his saber at the white unicorn. "Any last words hero?" A couple of skeletons began to twirl grappling hooks, ready to latch onto the boat and climb on.

Most commanders would have felt at least threatened, but Blueblood kept his calm, cheery, and almost cocky demeanor. He put on a smug grin. "Why yes I do good sir." He then calmly levitated his sword into the air. "Fire."

All of the unicorn guards' horns began to glow. Before any of the pirates could react, the S.S Cetus's cannons fired upon them. The cannonballs created huge holes in at the side of the ship, turning much of the side to shards. All of the skeletons but Scurvy were wobbling around uncontrollably, some of them even falling apart. One peg legged pirate even cried in horror, hollering that the cider has been hit. Blueblood and his guards only watched without even moving a muscle.

After twenty seconds of destruction, the opposing ship was in complete disrepair. The masts have been destroyed, the sails ruined, much of the crew's body parts were scattered about, and the ship was starting to sink. The only thing unharmed on board was Scurvy Jones himself. He didn't even flinch.

As the guards congratulated one another on their success, Blueblood stayed idle. Normally, he would consider this an amazing victory and a new record for quickest defeat. But he could tell just by looking into the blackness of Scurvy's eye sockets that this wasn't over. He looked even closer and could see that the Buccaneer of Bones was actually smiling. The prince's worries came true when the captain suddenly burst out in a laughing fit.

"IS ALL YE GOT YE SCURVY SCALIWAGS? CAUSE IT'S GONNA TAKE MORE THAN THAT TO TAKE US DOWN!"

All of the guards stopped what they were doing and watched in horror as the pirate ship began to rebuild itself piece by piece. The holes in the sails mended, the mast was propped back up, and the planks of wood were fit back into its original place. The skeleton crew recollected their own body parts, whether it was merely grabbing a hoof or a head jumping towards its body. After only a minute, the ship and crew were as good as new. Scurvy was bellowing the whole way through.

Blueblood looked at his own crew of privateers. Each one was shaking and unsure what to do against something invincible. One was so nauseas from the sickening view, he stuck his head into an unused barrel and vomited. Blueblood then quickly spoke to his crew with the easiest, yet most reckless order.

"I'm going to board their ship. Follow if you feel the need."

With that, he used his magic to high jump onto Scurvy's ship, doing a somersault on the way there. He landed on a pirate and took out two more with his blade. When one mare tried to sneak up behind him, he used his levitation magic to use her as a shield from attacks as he jumped into their lower deck. He tossed the mare out of a window and then began to cut apart the skeletons trying to start the cannons. He then used a ray to create a temporary hole in the wall and pushed all of the cannons out as he controlled his sword to chop a skeleton's head of, making her desperately try to put it back on.

Blueblood let out a chuckle when he heard Captain Scurvy neigh in anger. But to his surprise, in was interrupted by some other opposing force. He galloped from out of the basement to see the Pegasus Pirate Princess Armada in all her glory. She was more than a match for the pirates, being about Luna's size and having a red X for a cutie mark. She had a tan coat and a long, black mane which was partially hidden with a red bandanna. She wore large, gold earrings and wielded two cutlasses, which she used with the upmost panache. The mares and stallions accompanying her were also doing a number on the skeletons, accompanied by his guards. Blueblood then looked up to see the giant ship in the sky, completely made out of clouds. He was so distracted by this glorious site, that Armada swooped behind him to take out some sneaky pirates.

"I suggest ye watch yourself land dweller." She jokingly stated as she gave him an affectionate nuzzle. "Don't wanna get that lovely face of yours hurt do ye?"

Blueblood nuzzled her back with a joking retort. "Don't worry dearest; I'll try not to be distracted by such a beautiful mare again." He kicked a pirate overboard without even looking.

Both the princess and the prince then saw Scurvy Jones dueling against three guards at once. He used his saber and hook to make himself a deadly whirlwind to his foes. The privateers had to retreat from the battle once they saw hooves holding cutlasses moving towards them. Scurvy then saw both Armada and Blueblood and walked towards them, scraping his hook on the deck.

Blueblood made a sly grin towards his girlfriend. "I call dueling him one on one."

The princess made a playful scoff. "Oh fine cutie. But I'm going to clear you and bonehead's stage." She then flew into the air, grabbed a stallion skeleton, and flung him overboard.

Her fellow buccaneers followed her lead, grabbing skeletons and tossing them into the sea. The unicorns then got into the act and started magically flinging the undead overboard. Soon enough, the ship was cleared of minions and Blueblood's allies stood back to watch the duel.

Scurvy was now completely insulted now. "Ye taken out me crew for the last time ye stubborn, rat dwelling flea. And now you, your crew, and ye little marefriend ultimately mock me with a duel?" He twirled his blade. "This will be your last mistake."

Blueblood just placed his emerald blade in his forehoof with a cocky grin. "En garde."

Scurvy swung his sword at the prince, but the unicorn easily blocked the attack, pushing the pirate back. Blueblood just let out a yawn, enraging him more. Scurvy kept on trying to slash and stab at him, but he passively blocked every attack. If it weren't for not having any muscles, the pirate captain would've wore himself out by now.

But when Scurvy tried to slice towards the head, the legendary warrior just caught the blade in his teeth. Armada and the rest of the audience were cheering. Even Blueblood raised an eyebrow to insult the captain, snickering with a sword in his teeth.

Scurvy Jones could take it no longer. "THAT'S IT YOU PRISSY PANSY PRINCE! I'II MUTILATES YE LIVER!"

The pirate attacked with all his might with his sharp hook, aiming for the pony's side. Blueblood just quickly caught Scurvy's arm with a free hoof. The prince then glared at the now intimidated foe.

"Nopony calls me a prissy pansy prince."

He hit Scurvy in the face with a hoof, causing the skeleton to drop his blade. Blueblood then spat the saber out of his mouth and head butted the pirate. As Scurvy was stunned, the prince jumped into the air still holding the hook arm. This caused Scurvy to flip over onto his back, disorienting him. When he tried to attack with his hook again, Blueblood used his sword to pin his right sleeve down. As the pirate king tried to desperately struggle, Blueblood just grabbed the pirate's head and with a yank, removed the skull from the rest of the body.

"I call mercy matey! MERCY!" Scurvy begged desperately in the victor's hooves.

Blueblood just let out a passive sigh. "Sorry buddy but…" The stallion teleported onto his ship right next to one of the cannons. "Nopony called me a prissy pansy prince."

He then shoved the screaming head into the cannon and lit the fuse. Three seconds later, the skull was shot flying into the horizon, screaming the whole way. All of his allies cheered at the finale as they all went up to him and congratulated the prince.

Armada flung away Scurvy's still struggling body into the sea and then flew into Blueblood's forehooves. "Nice dueling champ…" She made a playful scoff. "…for a land dweller."

Blueblood just gentley nuzzled the pegasus's nose. "What can I say my sweet? I just have a knack for impressing ponies."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blueblood ended the spell, joyfully reminiscing those old days. He then turned towards the others. "And then three months later, me and Armada were wed." He let out a soft sigh. "Such a wonderful lady."

Scootaloo, enjoying the Corsair of the Air, asked him a quick question. "But what happened to Armada Mr. Blueblood?"

Blueblood lowered his head and answered the little filly. "She's…not like me or Auntie." He began to shed the first tear he had in years. "She's…in a much better place. She's happy and she's safe from all those monsters out there." The others can see more tears coming from his eyes. "She's with her parents, my mother, my son, my daughter, my granddaughter, my great granddaughter, and many more granddaughters." He covered his face with a hoof. "I miss them all very much but they'll always be in my heart. I just hope they remember how much they meant to me."

Luna, Spike, and Scootaloo just watched as the prince began to softly sob in his hooves. Luna was aware how much it could hurt to be immortal. When she discovered that her brother's son was immortal, she was full of joy for the young child. But even if she hasn't seen him eye to eye in so many years, she knew that that to him, eternal life was a curse.

Scootaloo softly patted the prince's head. "Please don't cry. I know it must hard for you, but you're not alone in this. You have me, Spike, and your loving aunt to keep you company. Just please don't cry."

Blueblood tried to absorb what the little filly had said to him as she slowly began to cry into his chest. She reminded him of his great, great, great great, great granddaughter all those years ago. Such a naïve innocence that even he had to admire. Without even speaking, he just embraced the filly in his hooves. She hugged the prince back, trying to make him feel better. Luna walked over and hugged her nephew for the first time in over a millennium. Spike just shrugged and also entered the hug.

Somehow, Blueblood felt happier at that current moment than the last thirty years of his everlasting life. To think that he'd find so much peace in his own father's body. He also had a new hope for the Elements of Harmony, whoever they were, honestly never paid much attention to them. He then had himself an idea.

"You know what? Why don't we make every minute of life in this place worth it?" The group looked at the smiling prince as if he was crazy. All the prince did was make a small grin as he got ready to use his memory portal spell again. "Now who do you want to watch me beating up? Harpy, queen of the griffon barbarians and master of blades? Coldclaw, the frost dragon who wanted and eternal winter? Or maybe even the Stallion Strudel Slingin' Spirit of the Southwest, the legendary cowboy bandit?"

The three were beginning to enjoy this new Blueblood.

"Awesome! Griffons!"

"I am voting for this cowboy being! Whatever a cowboy is."

"I would totally watch that ice dragon get burned!"