• Published 9th Jan 2013
  • 4,889 Views, 200 Comments

Universe 63 - CarmenColor



Twilight discovers a universe jumping spell, but ends up getting stuck in one that she calls #63

  • ...
8
 200
 4,889

The Cottage

Fluttershy and Butterscotch trotted towards the cottage. They were silent, observing the flora and fauna as they passed by. Neither of them wanted to break the silence, and it was a good thing that neither of them had to. By the time they reached the cottage, Fluttershy's critter friends had come to them, excited to meet the new colt.

"Hello there, little friends," Fluttershy said softly. Angel hopped over and up onto her head. "Why, hello, Angel. I have a new friend for you all to meet today." She looked over at her canary yellow genderbend. "Introduce yourself."

"I'm...." Butterscotch started, his voice faltering. The poor pegasus was nervous. He knew that they were just like his animal friends back home, but he was still afraid. He softly cleared his throat and tried to continue anyway. "I'm....I'm B....B...Butterscotch...." He used his wings to cover his face, afraid of what the animals might think of him.

"Angel!" he heard Fluttershy's soft cry as something landed on his head. Gently, he lowered his wings, looking up at the little white bunny.

"He looks just like Angela..." he mumbled, smiling a bit. Angel softly stomped at his head, making Butterscotch giggle. "He acts like Angela too."

The rest of the woodland creatures began to crowd around Butterscotch, chittering happily at their new friend. The winged-pony was still nervous, but not nearly as nervous as he had been. These animals seemed just as friendly as the ones back home, and much nicer than the ones he had met at the Grand Galloping Gala...

"Aww, Butterscotch! They like you!" Fluttershy cooed, giggling. Butterscotch blushed.

"Not much of a surprise, really..." he mumbled, "...considering...."

"Yes, well.... Come on, friends. Let's show Butterscotch the cottage. He's going to be staying with us for a little bit." Fluttershy led them into the little cottage, which seemed bigger on the inside. All the critters fit inside just fine and there was plenty of room for the two pegasi.

"It looks just like my house...." Butterscotch said, smiling. Fluttershy smiled in return. She had been hoping that her house was similar enough to make him feel at home, especially since he seemed so nervous around her animal friends. I was probably just a lot to take in at one time. The yellow mare hoped that Butterscotch and her critters could become close friends, just like she hoped to become good friends with the animals that Butterscotch took care of.

"Well, now. Butterscotch, I have an extra room you can stay in. Do to want to come upstairs and help me clean it up? It hasn't been used in awhile."

"Oh, of course, Fluttershy..." the colt replied, nodding. Fluttershy put out some food for the critters and led her mare duplicate upstairs to the unused bedroom.

"You know, I don't think I've used this room since the Cutie Mark Crusaders spent the night..." she remarked as she opened the door.

"Hmm, I remember that, of course it wasn't exactly the same, but..." Butterscotch giggled, "I don't know about you, but mine got me into a lot of trouble that night."

"Yeah, me too..." Fluttershy giggled, "Well, we had better get this room cleaned up so you can sleep here tonight." The two shy ponies started straightening up the room, staying quiet as usual. They moved furniture and dusted. Pretty soon, their coats had turned a shade of grey from all the dust.

"Oh!" Butterscotch was the first to notice. "Fluttershy, you're all dusty..." The yellow mare looked at herself and then at Butterscotch.

"Oh, so are you!" She frowned. "I'm so sorry, Butterscotch. I'm not being a very good host, am I?" The other Pegasus shook his head, accidentally releasing a cloud of dust over his.

"Not at all, Fluttershy. It's just some dust..." He coughed a few times, waving the cloud away with his hoof. "Nothing to worry about."

Fluttershy frowned. "Well, I still feel bad. Why don't you go wash up? I'll finish up here..." Butterscotch looked ready to respond. "I won't take no for an answer."

"If you insist..." he said softly, making his way out of the room to the shower. He knew exactly where it was. He could still hear Fluttershy moving stuff around upstairs, and he knew she just wanted him to feel welcome here, but he still wanted to help. He quickly washed his coat and mane and headed back upstairs.

Fluttershy was in the middle of the room, sweeping up the last bit of dust. She noticed Butterscotch in the corner of her eye and jumped in surprise. She hadn't been expecting him to come back so soon. The dust pan flipped, launching a could of dust over the already covered pegasus.

"Oh! I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to startle you..." Butterscotch said, but he noticed that Fluttershy looked distracted. "Fluttershy....?" She covered her face with her wings as it went a bit pink, the cutest little sneeze coming from her.

Butterscotch couldn't help but giggle at her for a second, but then her trotted over. "Fluttershy, you should get washed up. You've done enough in here," he said gently. The mare's face flushed in embarrassment, and she hurried out of the room. Butterscotch watched her go, smiling softly.

The colt walked downstairs, the critters greeting him happily again. Angel hopped overs to him again, and the sight of the bunny made Butterscotch wish he was home. Solaris had taken care to make sure that he and his friends' jobs had been taken care of, but he still missed all his little creature friends. But then again, all his creature friends were right here, just the opposite gender. He still found it a bit strange, but he could handle it, right?

Fluttershy walked into the room awhile later, her coat and mane clean again, and spotted Butterscotch with her animals. She smiled a bit, happy that he was spending time with them. The critters seemed tho really like him too, which really wasn't a surprise since they liked her and she and him were essentially the same pony.

Fluttershy quietly snuck out to feed the birds and other critters that were still outside, letting Butterscotch have a little bonding time with the animals in the house.