• Published 9th Jan 2013
  • 4,888 Views, 200 Comments

Universe 63 - CarmenColor



Twilight discovers a universe jumping spell, but ends up getting stuck in one that she calls #63

  • ...
8
 200
 4,888

Princes and Princesses

"Dusk, get up," a voice said as Dusk felt somepony shaking him, "Dusk, we have to go talk to the Princesses." Dusk opened him eyes and looked up to see a purple unicorn. He yawned and stood up. "Hurry up! We need to go." She opened the door and trotted into the other room, which was strewn with streamers and ther party decorations. The other five mares were sleeping in various places in the room. Dusk chuckled as he saw Pinkie sprawled out on the dance floor, her hooves twitching slightly.

"Where are the Princesses?" he asked, looking over at Twilight. She glanced over a him for a moment.

"Celestia should be in the room where the Merencrith is. She sent one of the castle guards to inform me earlier this morning. I don't know if Luna will be there, considering that it has probably been a long night for her. I guess we'll just have to see."

"Okay then. Lead on, Twilight." The two purple unicorns trotted through the hallways of the castle, their hooves clacking on the marble floor. Finally, they came to the room where the Merencrith had been when it was enchanted. Twilight and Dusk both attempted to open the door with their magic, but stopped when they felt the presence of the other's magic. After a moment, they both laughed and Twilight pushed the door open with her hoof.

Celestia stood in the middle of the room, two guards flanking her sides. The magically inclined unicorns where both shocked that she had guards with her, and they shared a look of confusion. "Princess Celestia, what are the guards for?" The princess smiled lightly.

"Do you think it is unnecessary for a journey through the bridge?" Twilight blinked in confusion.

"You're going through the bridge? Now?" The white alicorn nodded in answer. "Why?"

"I think that I should have a conversation with the other universe's prince, so we can form an alliance between our universes."

"Wow," Dusk said, "That'll be interesting." He cocked his head to the side. "But why the guards? If Solaris were going to visit here, do you think that he would need guards?"

"You pose an excellent point, Dusk Shine. If you wish me to go alone, I will do so."

"You don't have to go alone alone. We could go with you," Twilight suggested. Celestia nodded and smiled.

"Very well, my faithful student. We will go now." Celestia approached the purple stone at sat in the corner of the room. Twilight and Dusk scrambled to either side of her. "Hopefully your prince will not think it uncourteous of me not to tell him ahead of time."

"I don't think he will..." Dusk said, raising a hoof to the stone. Twilight and Celestia followed suit, and they all touched the stone, the white sphere surrounding them and carrying them to the other universe. They saw that two guards were stationed at the door, and that they were staring a them with fear. Twilight had never seen a guard be afraid before. "Guys, it's okay..." Dusk said. Their eyes turned to him, and they visibly relaxed. "We need to see Prince Solaris. If you could go get him for me."

"Of course, Dusk Shine..." One of them said, still staring at Princess Celestia. Both of them galloped out of the room to get their Prince.

________________________________________________________________

It seemed to take forever for the guards to return. When Prince Solaris also entered the room, Dusk trotted over to him. "Prince Solaris!"

"Dusk Shine, my student. I'm glad you have returned safely." He looked over at Twilight Sparkle. "Miss Sparkle. It is good to see you again." Twilight and Princess Celestia approached Prince Solaris and the two solar regents looked the other over. "You are Princess Celestia, I trust? Have you told your younger sister to take care of your duties while you are gone?"

"Of course. I told Luna that I would try not to be gone too long, but I didn't know how long it would take."

"A wise decision. Now, if you would follow me to the conference room..." The prince led everypony to a small conference room. Twilight and Dusk retreated to a couple of chairs in the corner so that the two rulers could talk more privately. After awhile, they both yawned rather loudly, and a slight blush was reflected between them.

"When did you go to sleep last night?" Dusk asked. Twilight thought abut it for a moment before shrugging. "Late I would presume?" She nodded, yawning again.

"Dusk?" Solaris asked. Both of the purple unicorns looked over at him. "You may lead Miss Twilight to the guest quarters that your friends are currently staing in. I'm sure they are looking forward to your return." Dusk nodded, and they left the alicorns to their discussion. They trotted through the halls, looking for the familiar door. Dusk opened it with his magic and they went inside.

"Dusk!" The five colts inside the room cried. Twilight's eyes roved over to Elusive, and she smiled. She and Dusk trotted inside.

"Howdy, Twiligh'," Applejack said politely, and the others said hello too. Twilight tried to respond, but was interrupted by a yawn.

"Twilight hasn't had much sleep lately. She was going to take a nap." Dusk closed the door, and Twilight blushed. "Here..." Dusk's magic illuminated a bed as he rearranged the blankets on it, "You can sleep here." Twilight nodded and laid down in the soft bed. She closed her eyes and fell asleep instantly.

________________________________________________________________

When Twilight awoke, she thought she was alone. Judging by the way the sunlight was shining through the windows, she figured that it was starting to become evening. She got out of the bed and made it again before she realized that she was not the only pony in the room. She looked over at the cot watching her from the corner of the room. "Elusive..." she approached him. He looked tired, but his face brightened as she approached. "Where is everypony?"

"They all went out it stretch their legs, but I stayed here so that you wouldn't be alone when you woke up." Twilight smiled at this.

"I'm glad you did," she replied, hugging him. They went to a small table in the middle of the room and sat down.

"I missed you," Elusive mumbled, "I know it was only a day, but it felt like forever." There was a pink blush creeping up his pale white face.

"I missed you too." Twilight whispered, leaning into his shoulder. She looked up at his face, and he looked down at her. Their faces moved closer, and their lips met just as the door to the room was opened. They didn't hear it though. They didn't hear anything, or see anything, or know anything other than each other for that moment. When the kiss finally broke and they realized that the door was open, they both turned a deep shade of crimson. Dusk Shine, Applejack, Rainbow Blitz, an Butterscotch all stood open mouthed at the sight before them. Bubble Berry was grinning at them.

"Aww, I knew you guys liked each other! I was gonna throw a party, but I decided that you might want to keep it a secret and tell us when you were ready, so I didn't because I didn't want to ruin your surprise because that would be awful! Then you wouldn't be able to tell it and you might get upset or sad or-" Dusk Shine clamped a hoof over Bubble's mouth.

They all stood still and quiet for a moment, until Twilight muttered, "Surprise..."

Author's Note:

Yay new chapter! Personally, I think it's cute...

Oh, and if you find any errors in this or any other chapters, I would like it if you'd tell me. That way I can fix my mistakes.