• Published 9th Jan 2013
  • 4,892 Views, 200 Comments

Universe 63 - CarmenColor



Twilight discovers a universe jumping spell, but ends up getting stuck in one that she calls #63

  • ...
8
 200
 4,892

Prologue: Discovery

Twilight Sparkle was a very studious pony. It was very difficult to find her at a time when she was not immersed in a book or complicated spell. Today was no different than what you would expect, or at least, it started out no different than expected. Twilight was sitting in the library, surrounded by books, her eyes scanning the one currently held in her telekinetic grip.

Now, I must tell you, Twilight had been reading all night. Not a single bit of sleep. Spike had been worried that she would work herself too hard and end up in bed for a couple days. It had happened before. Right now, though, the little whelpling of a dragon was fast asleep in his bed, and had been like that for several hours.

As Twilight was reaching the end of this particular book, something caught her eye. A spell. She read through the introductory paragraph, which stated that this spell, whatever it was, was only to be attempted by a highest level unicorn. Twilight grinned. This would be the perfect spell to test herself on how much her magic had improved. Sure, that telekinetic speech spell was difficult, but this is going to be a true challenge. Twilight read through the spell and took in every detail. The spell was not imprinted on her mind. As she prepared to cast it, a wave of sleepiness washed over her.

The purple unicorn sighed, "Maybe some sleep would be good first..." She dropped the open book on the floor of the library and went up to her room, "And maybe I should get Spike to clean up in here first." She trotted up the stairs and laid down on he bed just as the sun was beginning to peak over the horizon. Spike woke up, and looked over at Twilight's now sleeping form.

"So she did get some sleep last night?" he asked himself, "Funny. I thought she'd still be awake." The baby dragon shrugged. "Oh, well. Better go make breakfast." Twilight's hardworking, number one assistant set out to make some scrambled eggs with dandelion toast.

When Twilight awoke hours later, it was around noon. She jumped out of bed and ran downstairs. "Spike!" she cried, "I overslept! Why didn't you wake me up?" The whelpling was in the kitchen, pulling a pan out of the oven. The table was already covered in food. Dandelion sandwiches and a soufflé, carrot cake and fruit salads. Something bubbled in a pot on the stove. "What...are you doing?" Spike blushed as he laid the hot pan of what looked like hay seed muffins on the counter.

"Well, you seemed really tired, so I ate breakfast and cleaned up the library. Then, I didn't have anything to do, so I started making lunch..." Twilight glanced at the mass of food on the table. "I was hoping you could invite some friends over for lunch. There's plenty of food."

"Uh, yeah..." Twilight mumbled, "I'll go do that..." She trotted out the door and went to find her closest friends. It wasn't hard. She knew exactly where they liked to hang out, so finding the was a breeze. Pinkie Pie had said yes right away, and the others had all agreed as well. They headed back to the library.

"Oh, Spikey Wikey!" Rarity cooed as she saw the food, "I didn't know that you could cook! This looks positively delicious." The ivory unicorn sat down at the table and admired Spike's culinary talent.

"Yer right, Rarity," Applejack agreed, "It does look mighty tasty." They all sat down at the table and enjoyed the food Spike had prepared. It was as delicious as it had looked. The little dragon was very proud of himself, and everypony could tell.

"Well, thank ya kindly for lunch, you two," Applejack said as the meal ended. The others agreed and left to continue their routine for the day. Twilight waited, slightly anxious, as they left, getting very excited about the spell she was going to try today. As soon as the door was closed, she zipped into the main part of the library, pulling the book she had been reading from its shelf.

"What are you doing, Twilight?" Spike asked.

"This is a spell written a long, long time ago by Starswirl the Bearded. It doesn't say what it does exactly, but if I can perform it, I'll know for sure. I want you to read up about it, in case something goes wrong and I need to counteract it or something. Think you can handle that, my number one assistant?" Spike gave her a salute. "Good. Now, here goes..." A purple glow surrounded her horn as an indication that she was starting the spell.

"Come on, Twilight! You can do it!" Spike cheered. The glow around Twilight's horn grew brighter and expanded out slightly. Twilight closed her eyes and grimaced. The spell became brighter and brighter, the aura of the spell being cast upon Twilight herself. A seemingly solid purple sphere of magic surrounded Twilight. With a popping noise, it disappeared. "Twilight?!" Spike called. No answer. "T-Twilight...?"