• Published 18th Dec 2012
  • 11,707 Views, 1,431 Comments

An Alien Walks Amongst Us - Hazardus_Havard



A normal human gets transported to Equestria. Lyra sees this, and goes out to confront the alien. It is her job, after all.

  • ...
108
 1,431
 11,707

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Three - Mare Look At That Body

A loud slam rang out in the room, abruptly shaking Lyra from her sleep.

“Whaa!” She screamed out, falling to the ground from the couch.

Looking at the clock on the wall, Lyra saw it was too early in the morning to be waking up. ‘Darn it Bonnie’, Lyra thought, getting up with a groan.

Shaking off the sleep she sniffed the air, having noticed an unpleasant smell that was coming from her. “Yuck…” Clearly, it was time for a bath.

She walked over to her belongings, going through it for her soaps. ‘Thank goodness Bon Bon did wake me up’, Lyra thought.Now I have some time to bathe’.

Thinking about her friend, she found herself enjoying the idea of having her helping alongside the alien. It would be fun, ordering her around, doing just about anything that she wanted. Lyra cackled, wondering what she could get her to do.

Clearing her throat from the silly thoughts, she found her toiletries. Gathering it all, Lyra headed up the stairs toward her friend's room to use her bathroom. Trying to enter, she noticed that Bon Bon had the room locked in a more conventional manner: A lock requiring a physical key. Rolling her eyes, Lyra lit her horn up, forming a lock picking set in front of her.

Ten minutes later, a bedraggled and irritated Lyra eventually popped the lock. It had been some time since she had broken into a door with a lockset lined with magical defenses. Standing up straight Lyra felt triumphant in her work as she walked in the room. ‘Hot bath, here I—’

“Aaaah!” A twang, a snap, and Lyra found herself hoisted in the air, trapped in a net.

Bon Bon was likely paranoid with the alien so close and found a reason to set them up in her room. ‘Although, Bonnie also doesn’t like me in her room, something about going through her stuff.’

Forming a spell, Lyra fashioned a pair of scissors, cutting through the netting that was thankfully devoid of magical anti-charms. Lyra, having cut a hole, dropped out of the net—

“Gyaaah!” A trick, a second snatch; Lyra found herself back in the air once more. “DARN IT, BONNIE!”

She kicked her hooves in the netting, flinging herself about, screaming in anger at being caught again. As unhelpful it was with the current situation, it did make her feel better about it.

‘Bonnie always did believe in having backups to everything’, her inner voice spoke as she tried calming herself. Actually looking around, she spotted several more traps that were partially hidden. Those were likely decoys to the ones hidden.

“It might be a better idea to try showering in my own room until I can talk to Bon Bon about this.”

Shredding the net into little strips, feeling all the better for doing so, she dropped to the ground in a crouch, ready to jump to the side should another activate. Not seeing anything coming out to grab her, Lyra left the room exactly as she entered, heading toward her own.

Unlocking her door, she quietly opened it, noticing the hooman had not woken up. Locking the door behind her, Lyra silently moved forward toward her bathroom. ‘Just a quick bath and I’m out of there, then I can fig-”

“Whaaah!” A trip, a squawk, and Lyra found herself on the floor. “Whyyyyyyyyy?” she muffled, face against the floor.

Looking at where she had tripped, she noticed a small indention in the floor, the exact same one she had tripped on yesterday. A hateful glare was shot at the culprit responsible. She could feel the fear oozing from the floor, her menacing expression clearly too much for it to handle.

I will repair you and end your existence foul one!’

Lighting her horn up for a simple reparation spell, she stopped, having heard something creak. Turning towards the noise, she could see the alien looking at her.

Caught in the act, Lyra deactivated the spell, chuckling at the alien. Grabbing her toiletries in her mouth, Lyra stared at the alien as it stared back. She blinked at it, with it blinking back in response.

Smiling at the hooman, nearly dropping the towel in the process, she slowly walked backwards towards her bathroom door, bumping into it. She kicked it open before entering. Slamming it shut, she locked it with magic, preventing it from coming before slumping to the ground.

Sighing from relief, she rubbed her forehead in frustration. “Maybe it didn’t see my magic?

Filling the bathtub, she was ready to cleanse the filth from her. Lowering herself in, Lyra could feel her muscles started to relax, the heat melting into her body.

“Hmmm.”

‘Oh yeah, just soak it all in, Lyra.’

Humming, she levitated over the soap, scrubbing it into her fur, getting rid of all the icky dirt. She could practically hear the grime crying out in agony, their wails filling her with glee. A splash from her tail threw water onto her body, drowning their pleas as they gurgled in anguish. Their cries for mercy remained unheard by her wicked aquamarine ears.

Feeling clean, Lyra stepped out of her tub and proceeded to pamper herself, drying her mane, brushing it plenty of times, and making sure it glistened in just the way she liked it.

Grabbing all her soaps, Lyra cleaned the bathroom up before exiting with a jaunty step. She halted, having forgotten about the hooman in her room. It sat on her bed, staring at her with… was that amusement? Standing there, Lyra waved at the alien; the hooman proceeded to imitate her actions. The hooman, just then noticing her towel, looked at the bathroom, then back to Lyra with a furrowed brow.

“~+Um, unicorn? Is there a…+~” It exhaled, smacking its forehead, confusing Lyra. “~+Have to play along, it supposedly can’t understand me.+~” The hooman started moving its paw to its chest, rubbing it over itself before pointing at her, then to the bathroom.

It didn’t take her long to understand what it meant. “Oh, you want to bathe too!”

‘There’s probably no harm in allowing that, right?’

Undoing her towel, she took the soap out of it and placed it on the ground, pushing it forward. Lyra, backing up, watched it grab the soap with its soft digits, frowning at the bottle’s image, a pony with bubbles surrounding it. It then walked to the bathroom, closing the door behind it.

‘I hope the image didn’t upset it’. She started to wonder if certain iconography could offend hoomans. Something to look into.

Dropping what she had downstairs and grabbing a spare towel, she came back to the room, hearing the sound of water running. Opening the bathroom as quietly as she could, she walked in, the steam making it difficult to see.

She noticed the alien's garments strewn about the floor. It was an odd thing, seeing a being wearing clothing so much. Was it really necessary for the hooman? She noticed in her dreams every single one of them had something on at all times.

Humming to herself, she placed the towel on the counter, heading back downstairs to grab her hamper. It was best to collect its clothing to get them cleaned, not wanting to risk it getting sick.

Walking in she saw the alien now out of the shower, looking at the towel in a curious manner. Quickly noticing Lyra, the alien hollered, jumping back inside the tub while trying to cover itself. She also learned the gender of the hooman.

‘Yep’, Lyra thought with a blush, ‘that is definitely a he, no doubt about it one bit’. Not that she was… looking or anything.

She quickly grabbed his nasty clothing, slamming the door right behind her to give him privacy, barely giving notice to him yelling at her. Taking the bedding's before leaving, she locked the door behind her and hopped back downstairs, heading straight to the kitchen.

Throwing the alien’s clothing to the floor, Lyra started up an old spell of hers, watching as the beddings went to the sink and began cleaning themselves. Making sure to carefully clean each article of the alien’s clothing, she started to document each piece, taking pictures and writing down anything worth noting.

There were many similarities to their own garments, but what she saw before her was incredibly fascinating. The stitching was of different styles and the material felt denser to her. Many more pockets as well. Everything was also a shade of blue, perhaps a dominant color in their society or preferred color. Excitement coursed through her, seeing the writing on tags, finding alien language. She wrote it all down, hoping to decipher it later.

She was on the final pieces, the bottoms of the alien. “These hoomans sure do love their pockets.”

She could see a pocket bulging out. It revealed a few items: A flat gray rectangle with strange noodle-like appendages, a cylindrically shaped item with a bottom-top, and a folded piece of cloth with things stuck inside it.

“Alien gear!”

Just what could they be? Did they do anything special for him? Did they make cool things cooler?

She looked down at the items, frowning. The alien would probably notice if she did anything with them. It’s likely she would injure them in some way examining the items. She pouted, upset with the thought of returning the items untouched.

Taking some pictures, thinking it’ll have to do, for the time being, she levitated the rest of the clothing over and attached them to the cleaning spell. She sat down, watching all the clothing being scrubbed, soaped, rinsed, and dried.

Seeing the magic wrapping up, the last pieces of clothing were deposited on top of the pile now sitting inside the clothing hamper. Levitating the hamper back up to the room she headed straight to the bathroom. Inside, she saw the hooman, leaned against the far wall with the towel wrapped around its lower half.

The alien gave her a look as a slight flush of red appeared on its face.

“It’s clean, Mr. Alien.”

Lyra pushed the hamper forward, giving him a smile, before returning downstairs. She grabbed her scrolls on the work she had just done, placing them in her work area. Thinking of what she should do next, her stomach rumbled.

“The alien’s probably hungry as well,” Lyra reasoned, as she entered the kitchen to prepare something for the both of them.

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X ~ ~ X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

A few hours had passed by after Lyra had fed the hooman, giving it eggs and bread. She had noticed he immediately made a sandwich out of them, showing what she thought might have been disgust at touching the eggs with its bare paws. She wrote down to look into some proper eating utensils for him.

Other than that, she checked up on him roughly by the hour while she reorganized her work. The hooman had started to look bored out of its mind, but there wasn’t much Lyra could help preoccupy its time.

“Hmmm…” She tapped the desk. ‘Maybe I could give it some puzzle games.’

Without fanfare, the front door opened, Bon Bon having come back. “Hey Lyra, I just got—” A face full of Lyra’s lettuce and tomato sandwich was thrown into her face.

“Why’d you set up all those stupid traps up in your room?!”

Bon Bon wiped the mess off, throwing it in the trash. “Is it so wrong of me to think ahead should the alien go on a mad rampage?”

“…Why’d you only trap your room then?” Lyra asked with narrowed eyes.

“...Why’d you go into my room, to begin with?”

“I needed a bath! I can’t be going into my room to do that, Bonnie!” Lyra shook her head. “After taking my bath he went in after me for a shower as well, just so you’re aware of that. Got some good pictures on the clothing he wore.”

He? How do you know it’s a male?”

“He physically looks like a male, right? So I’m going with 'he'.” Bon Bon lifted a brow as Lyra turned her head with a blush. “I may have also mistakenly seen him without his clothes on. He didn’t seem to like being seen nude.”

“Not the weirdest thing I was expecting to hear,” she said, looking at the pictures. “I don’t get it, they look like regular clothing if you ignore who they were made for.”

“The materials don’t look like anything on our planet, especially with most of our fabrics having magic weaved in them. And look at the patterns, and the stitching.” Lyra pushed some more pictures forward. “I also got images on its devices.”

“Do you know what they are?”

“No, but I’m certain I can figure it out once we teach the hooman our language.”

“If that’s even possible.”

“He managed to learn my name in one day so I’m certain he can learn our language!”

“It managing to say your name doesn’t mean it learned anything.” Bon Bon stared at the pictures. “Have you considered how we’ll get more clothing for the alien once it starts to wear out or when it needs something new?”

“I’ve thought about Rarity being involved in making some things, though, I’m worried she might say something to others. Can you imagine if Twilight got word of this? Or the media?”

“Let’s just focus on what the princess needs for now.” Bon Bon sat there, watching Lyra as she wrote away. “I’m assuming you already figured out its dietary needs?”

“Yes, I brought it up some food to try out and went with the flow of things, watching what it liked and didn’t.”

“That’s…” Bon Bon stared at her. “Is this really all there is to it? I was expecting to see some of the instruments from those old fogies up in Canterlot you always talk about using.” Lyra noticeably slowed down in her writing, her head tilted away. “Like this food, we’re feeding the alien. Just because it can eat it and have some semblance of enjoying it, does that really mean it’s good for it?

“And what about things like the water here or if it had used other products of ours; who’s to say if that’s any good for it?” Lyra flattened her ears. “And hay, what about magic? I know you mentioned in your dreams they don’t use magic like our world. It’s any wonder something hasn’t randomly hurt it somehow. Isn’t there some way to check things over more appropriately?”

Lyra put down her quill and looked away, “There is… but there’s a problem with it.”

Bon Bon looked at her questioningly. “So instead of using methods we know work, you’re just going to wing it until either something does or doesn’t happen? That’s rather reckless.”

“The method I’m talking about involves using a spell designed to fill into the target and examine it as thoroughly as possible, checking over its body along with a plethora of other things. Think of it like those checkup spells at the hospital but vastly improved and more difficult to use.”

“I’m surprised you know of such a spell,” she admitted.

“It’s sort of a requirement for me to know, but that’s beside the point. The problem is it was designed for our planet's inhabitants, not alien beings. I don’t know what magic will do to it so it’s a risk. I’m not sure how I should go about this.”

“But Lyra, you already levitated it here with your magic, or am I to believe you dragged the alien all the way to your room from the forest?”

“That’s completely different and you know it. All I was doing was grabbing the particles around him, not him directly.”

Bon Bon placed her front hooves on Lyra’s shoulders as she looked directly at her. “It’s understandable you want to keep it safe and sound. But here’s something you didn’t take into account: its own pathogens.” The neutral, calm face of Bon Bon started to strain itself, tightening on her words. “That is the one thing worrying me out of everything as it’s becoming very clear it doesn’t have any magic and isn’t very strong or it’d have escaped by now.

“And honestly, I could care less if it implodes on itself moment you begin using your magic on it so long as it means nobody else catches whatever it may be carrying!”

Lyra bent her head back at that. ‘Eesh! That’s pretty morbid, Bonnie!’

“So let’s go upstairs so you can finally perform your darn spell already and we can be done with this! Grab whatever you need for this and let’s go!”

Lyra reluctantly agreed with her friend, “Okay, you’re right. We’ll have to make a report about this since we’re using magic.”

“And the princess will be thankful after knowing the circumstances.”

Lyra looked underneath her desk, opening a secret compartment holding different documents and magical implements. Taking a rather large folder that involved the spell she would use, she slowly made her way to the room.

She knew she should have done the spell from the beginning but was too frightened at what could happen. Yet, Bon Bon had made a good point; not doing this could, in fact, have dire consequences on their people. Finally reaching her door, she saw Bon Bon walk right beside her.

“…Did you just run into your room to put on a lab coat?”

Bon Bon shrugged her shoulders, “Yes, it makes me feel better about this.”

“How did you get a lab coat in the first place? And why a lab coat?”

“Because,” she replied. She then proceeded to stare at the door, waiting for Lyra.

Shaking her head, she unlocked the door, the two of them entered the room that hopefully wasn’t filled with bacterial death.

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X ~ ~ X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

Dull, tedious, uneventful… quiet. Too quiet. Anon laid on the bed, staring at the ceiling. With a lack of stimuli, his thoughts kept coming back to Gleekman, and that was something he wanted to clear his head. It made him angrier the more he thought about the man’s moronic, harebrained actions. Worrying about what happened and what he might be going through was doing him no good.

He tried to keep his mind preoccupied with other things. His iPod had died already and with nothing to charge it, he was left with no music. Any attempts at looking out the window failed, the boards not allowing him to see anything. The unicorn checked on him at brief intervals. Gleekman had to make sure he was still breathing, after all. Or to screw with him, as evidenced by the bathroom scene.

His thoughts halted, having heard the noise at the door. ‘The unicorn must be checking up on me again’, he thought, sitting up for her arrival.

Watching the door, it opened with the green unicorn walking alongside an additional horse. It had similarities to the unicorn, just without the horn. It also had a change in color, being a pale-yellowish coat and an irregular hairdo colored different hues of purple. On top of it all, she wore a white coat, adding to the oddities Anon had seen.

He internally shook his head at Gleekman and what he was seeing. The fascination with little horses was concerning.

The hornless horse gave Anon a strange look, keeping her distance near the door. “~+Go ahead Lyra, work your magic.+~”

“~+Just hold on, I need to do it slowly! I don’t want the hooman to freak out.+~”

They started to chirp at one another, Anon enraptured by what was happening. Sitting still, he watched as the unicorn walked up to him. She placed a folder beside her, turning to him.

“~+Please don’t be scared,+~” she tweeted.

Head tilted forward, Anon felt him involuntarily arching his back. The coated horse looked at him, as if ready to jump at him from any signs he’d move. Was her role to guard the door?

‘Just what is going on?’

Anon’s attention turned to the unicorn as her horn began to glow a tinted green. It then changed to bright white, pulsing around her horn. Before he could comprehend what was happening, the light jolted out from the tip, hitting him square in the stomach. He shut his eyes, reeling back for what was assuredly going to be painful.

…Not feeling any harm, Anon opened his eyes. He looked down at his body, seeing the light pulsating from her horn into his body. A strange tingling sensation could be felt slowly building in intensity.

Abruptly, the tingle spread throughout his body. Whatever she was doing, he could feel it relaxing everything in his body. From the tips of his fingers to the bottom of his toes, it was as if she commanded the very cells in his body to sleep. Another light pulled away from him, entering the folder with strange scripture, the pages flipping wildly.

He started to lull off, yet something kept him awake. A quick, sharp dose of pain could be felt around his head that forced him to sit upright, yet almost immediately whatever tinkered in his head drew back as his body relaxed once more.

His muscles then started to contract in small doses. It added to the odd sensation he felt. It was as if he was relaxed yet active, lethargic yet hyper. He couldn’t describe whatever was happening to him.

And then, it was done. Everything vanished. Anon slumped over, eyes shut as exhaustion settle in. He gulped down heavy breathes, barely feeling in control of his body from whatever the unicorn had done. Clicking noises could be heard along with a soprano that felt directed at him. Forcing himself, he opened his eyes and tilted his head up. The unicorn stood inches from him with teary eyes.

“~+Are you okay?+~” she tweeted.

Unable to do anything, Anon let out a groan before he closed his eyes, hoping to catch his breath before he responded. His last thoughts were of kicking the crap out of Gleekman for everything.

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X ~ ~ X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

“Oomph!”

The hooman landed right on top of Lyra, falling unconscious. “Lyra!” Bon Bon yelled as she ran up to her, thinking she was in danger.

Lyra waved her off before she levitated his body off of her and onto the bed. “I’m fine Bonnie, the hooman fell unconscious after my spell, that’s all.”

“Sorry, it… looked like it was attacking you,” she muttered, looking embarrassed.

A smile spread across Lyra’s face before a giggle slipped out. Bon Bon sighed as Lyra stood back up. The two of them made their way downstairs, Bon Bon turning to Lyra. “So what did the spell say?”

“Silly, spells don’t speak!”

She gave her a deadpanned look at her remark. “The papers, Lyra, what did the spell write down?”

Lyra rolled her eyes at her friend's refusal to play along. Flipping through the pages, her brow furrowed confusion. She passed through each page, her confusion growing.

“Uuuuugh…”

“Lyra, words! You can speak them!”

“I-gher,hwhaaa—”

“You can do it, girl! Speak!”

“I… Uh…” Lyra slowed down her page-turning to look at Bon Bon. “The pages… they’re nothing but gibberish.”

“…What?”

“I mean, look!” Lyra turned the folder toward Bon Bon, showing a page that was supposed to be filled with words about the hooman’s biology. Instead, large black blocks sat in the empty spaces where information should be. Bon Bon looked at Lyra, then to the folder, and then back to Lyra.

“Uuuuugh—”

“I know!” Lyra flipped through more pages in utter disbelief. “These pages are supposed to be filled with descriptions on the target. From its biology all the way down to describing its genetic makeup! It should have been very thorough in its work, telling us about all the inner workings inside him! This… I don’t know what this is!”

Bon Bon grew worried. “So we have no idea what to do.”

“…Yeah.”

“Is there anything we did wrong?”

Lyra rubbed her forehead. “The only thing I did differently was stopping the spell from reaching his head. I could sense it was hurting him the moment it tried touching his brain, so I pulled back.” She threw open her folder once more to flip at more pages. “That might have been what stopped some of the spells to work correctly, but even then I should still have more here. What is going on h—” She paused, looking at a page.

“What now?!”

She looked at Bon Bon, then the folder. “Some of the pages are filled.” She read a page, working out its contents. “It’s about the magic in his body.”

“What about his magic? Is it doing something wrong?”

“That’s just it; he has no magic in him!”

“Lyra, that’s not exactly that abnormal. I don’t have any magic, as do many other beings.”

“No, I mean he has absolutely no magic in him, absolutely. There’s not a trace of it. That's just… it defies logic!” Lyra sat down at her desk as she read the papers thoroughly. “Everything has magic in them, everything. Why didn’t he have magic coming here?”

“Could that be why your papers aren’t filled?”

“It’s possible. Or it’s just because he’s an alien.” She let out a groan. “I’m not sure. The spell was meant to collect data from whatever is targeted, but it was never really meant for things so alien, as it appears.”

“What does this mean for us, the alien not having magic?”

Lyra dryly laughed, “Oh, it has magic.”

Bon Bon looked both confused and angered, “You just said it didn’t have any.”

Lyra continued to read at her work for a moment before answering, “His body is adapting to our world. Magic is slowly being absorbed, forming a small pool in him to better integrate with things .” She read some more before continuing, “It appears to be boosting his immune system. Our world’s magic also seems to be removing any kind of pathogen that can hurt him, or us.”

“So it’s, what? Harmonizing with our world?” Bon Bon asked, giving pause to Lyra.

“I think that might be it. I just don’t know how to explain the magic of the world adapting to him.”

“Or more like the magic adapting him to it.”

Lyra looked at her work, going through it more closely to see if there was anything else she might have missed. “It’s not like the hooman will be capable of using it, it doesn’t have any way to channel it out of him properly.”

“So it’s safe?”

“As far as its germs and whatnot for us, yes.” Bon Bon let out a sigh. “And I don’t think our germs can really hurt it due to its alien biology. It might be capable of catching colds, but that should be about it.”

“Is there anything else that your papers say, or what should we do next?”

“Any magic should be avoided for the time being; at least until he’s better adapted to whatever is happening to him. And we need to avoid any kind of mental magic on him.” Lyra tapped a hoof on the desk, looking at her work.

“So we need more info on the hooman’s body, right?”

“Anything other than what we have would be helpful.”

“This is going to sound strange, but what about getting Fluttershy’s help?” Lyra blinked, looking at her friend. “She deals with a ton of animals all the time. She can easily spot things about a creature just by looking at them. And most importantly, she’ll stay quiet about all this.”

“She helped me quite a bit back at the academy with my ethology and zoology classes. She might be able to steer us in the right direction.” Lyra nodded her head, getting up from her seat. “Good idea, Bonnie! We’ll just need to fix up some eggs real quick before we head out and ask her for help.”

“Why do we need to make eggs?” Bon Bon asked as she followed Lyra to the kitchen.

“It’s for the hooman in case it gets hungry while we’re away,” she answered, starting up the stove. “I can’t wait to talk to her. It’s been a while since we’ve spoken!”

“We’ll have to be sure we ease her into this so she doesn’t freak out, Lyra.”

“Pshh, I know that.”

“Let’s just hurry with the eggs before it gets dark.”

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

Fluttershy’s cabin was on the edge of the Everfree, giving her a great deal of privacy from the townsfolk. The trip through the town was relatively quiet for the two. As late as it was, no one was out and about to share a hello or give a wave, as the townsfolk generally would. Lyra wasn’t exactly in the mood to talk to anyone at that current moment, preferring the nice simple stroll to the outskirts of the town. It certainly gave her some relief to not be seen at the moment.

“Bonnie,” Lyra droned, “why are you still wearing the lab coat?”

“Because.”

Walking up to the house, animals could be seen running about the place. A little haven for all the critters, it was practically a vacation home for the occupants of the forest. The two kept their distance as they looked around, spotting the yellow pegasus feeding the animals in her yard.

“Hey, Flutters!” Lyra hollered.

Fluttershy turned her head, appearing surprised to have visitors. Depositing the rest of the food, she walked over the two. “Hello Lyra, Bon Bon,” she greeted with a smile. “How are you two doing today?”

“We’re doing just fine,” Bon Bon answered. “We came over because we thought you could help us with a problem.”

“A problem? I’m not sure what you’d need my help, but it’d be rude to not help a friend in need.”

“We should probably tell you about it inside your home,” Lyra said, “it’s not something we can let others know about.”

“I… okay?” Fluttershy looked confused as she turned to her home, inviting them in. Walking inside, Lyra could see more animals scurrying across the floor. Upon noticing the newcomers, they ran into their holes, hiding from the new faces. “Have a seat please, I’ll be right back,” Fluttershy politely spoke, leaving the two alone.

Bon Bon and Lyra took a seat on her couch, watching the animals slowly come out of hiding.

“At least that bunny’s not here,” Lyra commented. Bon Bon hummed at that, finding their little ‘feud’ silly.

Fluttershy returned shortly with a tray held in her mouth, a kettle of tea and cups balanced on top. Pouring the three of them tea, she sat down on a stool across from her visitors.

“So, um… you mentioned needing my help with something.”

Bon Bon took a sip before starting, “We need your expertise on animals and couldn’t think of anyone as good as you.”

“You can’t tell anypony about this!” Lyra started. “We have to keep quiet about this; it wouldn’t be good if anyone knew what we have at our place. Like, seriously, it would be absolute havoc if anypony knew what was there!”

Fluttershy looked taken back from how dangerous Lyra made things appear. Bon Bon turned and glared at Lyra. The unicorn gave a nervous grin before going back to her drink, relishing raspberry flavors.

Bon Bon continued, “We just can’t allow anypony from knowing about what we’re doing until Princess Celestia allows it. There’s a… new species in our home that we need assessing.” Fluttershy’s eyes widened hearing that. “While Lyra typically deals with this sort of thing, we’re not fully equipped or knowledgeable on how to proceed with assessing the creature as you would. We thought if anypony can help us with this while staying quiet about it, it would be you.”

“You really have a new species in your home?” she asked, her excitement clear.

“Yes,” Bon Bon answered. “It’s nothing that anyone has ever seen or ever encountered before, we guarantee you that.”

It was obvious Fluttershy was elated hearing about the very unique opportunity. While it wasn’t uncommon to see a new species come out of the woodwork, to have one so close to civilization and to be the first one to encounter them, that was a truly special experience.

“We needed you to come over and analyze it the best that you can.” Bon Bon took a sip of her tea. “Assess it so you can help tell us about feeding and caring for it. Also, magic is a no-go for us, so we need you to work with more mundane practices.”

“Um… well you could just let it live here and I can watch it for you?” Fluttershy looked eager at the thought of constant access to the creature.

Lyra shook her head, “No, it needs to stay in our house. We’re still studying it and it’s up to me to report things to the princess. I also don’t think it would be very happy being treated like an animal.” Confusion could be seen on her face, wondering just what they meant by that. “We can discuss this, but you need to agree not to speak about this to anypony, not even Twilight. Especially Twilight.”

“I’m not sure why you need to keep this a secret, but if it’s to help a creature in need, then I’ll do my best to help.”

“Glad to have your help,” Bon Bon said with a smile. “We can talk more about things when we get back to our place so no one can overhear us.”

Cleaning up and ensuring all her tasks were done for the day, the three of them headed out the door. Animals crowded around the yellow mare as they chattered, probing for what they were doing.

“Don’t you worry, I’ll be back very soon.”

Lyra nodded, walking forward, “We have to hurry before it gets too d—”

A trap, a collapse, and Lyra found herself face-first into the grass. “Whyyyy?” she cried out.

Turning her head, she noticed her hooves on a taut piece of string. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw a familiar-looking bunny hopping away.

“Lyra, stop being so clumsy all the time,” Bon Bon said, annoyed. “Now let’s get moving.”

Standing back up, Lyra grumbled under her breath as the three of them hurried to their destination. The first thing Fluttershy noticed upon entering the house was the contents of Lyra’s room.

“The creature is in my room for the time being. It was the only place I could think of to hold him and I had to take everything out of there. I couldn’t exactly have anything around for him to play with.”

“Why would you need to do that? It’s not that dangerous is it?”

“Not… exactly,” Bon Bon said. “See, the reason we couldn’t discuss any of this outside our home is be—”

“Because it’s an alien!” Lyra exclaimed, wanting to be the one to announce it.

Bon Bon glared at her friend before looking back at Fluttershy, who was uncertain what to do, likely reconsidering coming to the house.

“What Lyra said is in fact true. We saw it two nights ago crash in the Everfree and she brought it back. She’s been put in charge of studying it and reporting back to the princess.”

“I even got Princess Celestia’s seal of approval if you need proof.” Lyra levitated a scroll and unfurled it, shoving the paper in Fluttershy’s face.

Backing off at the unexpected intrusion to her space, she looked at the scroll. “So there’s really an alien creature in your room?”

“Totally! And we need your help to check over it and helping us with its health and diet. We can even get the princess to help pay for things if it’s needed.”

She looked to the side, looking concerned. “I, um… don’t know about this. I thought that this was, well, an animal and… this isn’t… a…” She trailed off, her previous eagerness slipping away.

“We really need your help, Flutters. Taking him to anyone else could endanger him in some way. No one else has the expertise or skill that matches yours! Besides that, without your help, there’s a possibility we won’t be capable of keeping him, well… alive for very long.”

Lyra honestly didn’t think he would die, personally, but there was a possibility of it happening.

Fluttershy took a gulp of air. “I, O-Okay. I’ll d-do my best and help it,” she stuttered out.

Smiling, Lyra walked up to her and patted her side. “Just follow me up so we can do this quickly. And Bonnie, you should get rid of your traps.”

“What traps?” she questioned.

“I saw you put up at least two traps before we left for Fluttershy, Bonnie.”

“…Four. It was four traps.”

“Just… go take them down.”

It didn’t take long for Bon Bon to take down her traps, being so proficient at her work. Lyra walked up the stairs as Fluttershy followed with shaky steps.

Outside the door, Lyra turned to Fluttershy. “So what we need is anything you can on him, the whole shebang here. The analyzation spells we used on him won’t work, and we can’t reliably use more spells on him due to reasons of it possibly damaging him. It’s all up to you on how we proceed with the alien so we’re really counting on you.”

Before Fluttershy could have second thoughts Lyra opened the door. They both saw the hooman on the bed, his back against the frame as he looked in their direction. He looked worn-out, though appeared in good spirits. The hooman waved at Lyra before staring directly at Fluttershy.

Fluttershy’s eyes widened, examining just what was on the bed. “That’s, um, a very big alien.”

Lyra nudged Fluttershy in the hooman’s direction, making her jump from the contact. “We need you to do your job, okay?”

She looked back to Lyra, clearly worried before she walked to the hooman. Swallowing a gulp of air, she shakily stood there in front of him, doing her best to lift her head up at him.

“C-C-Can you please sit up, M-Mr. Alien?” she asked as she waved her hoof around. The hooman stared at her for a moment before he moved from the wall, scooting up to her. “W-We should probably start with what he can eat.”

“I’ve fed him eggs and fruits so far, but he doesn’t seem to like the hay or flowers.”

Fluttershy frowned, thinking about what he was fed. “Please open your mouth, M-Mr. Alien.”

She waved her hoof once more to her mouth, opening it, then to the hooman. He blinked before he opened his mouth for her. More motioning of her hoof had him bending his head down. Fluttershy seemed to have gained some courage she peered inside his mouth.

The examination on the alien continued for some time. His ears, nose, eyes, paws, and feet were checked thoroughly by her. It amazed the two how Fluttershy was capable of having the alien follow along as she needed him to. It wasn’t until Lyra saw her try and get him to take more of his clothing off that she stepped in.

“Uuuh, hold on there, Flutters. I don’t think the alien will appreciate having its clothes off.”

She turned to Lyra as she blinked in confusion. “I… I don’t understand.”

“He doesn’t have any fur on his body. And he also feels embarrassed being naked.”

“No fur? That could explain why he’s wearing so much clothing. But why would he feel embarrassed about being nude? We, uhr, I mean, well, we’re not clothed.”

“I think it’s because of their societal norms, or something along those lines.” Fluttershy still looked confused. Lyra sighed, “It… also doesn’t have a way to hide… down there like other beings.”

“Down… there?”

“You know… his, um… stallionhood…”

Fluttershy took a moment for that to process. Her face immediately erupted in a fiery red blush. Lyra could practically see steam wafting off of her. She stuttered, trying to find words. “W-W-W-W-W-Why n-not?!” she squeaked out.

Lyra could feel her face slightly adopting a similar glow. “It’s an alien, Flutters. A-li-en. It’s going to have some oddities to it, and one of them appears that he can’t hide his pieces away as we can.”

“That’s horrible,” Fluttershy said. “I fully understand why it has clothing on now. Its, um… it’s going to make checking him difficult until I can examine his body in full. You’ll need to work out how to get him to allow me permission later on, for a more… thorough examination.”

“I’ll make sure to get that as soon as I can figure out how.”

Taking a moment to compose herself, Fluttershy went back to ordering the hooman around, having him do all sorts of things such as laying down to stretching in multiple angles with his limbs. Some additional calisthenics and a few breathing exercises Fluttershy finished with her work just as the alien started to look irritated.

Ensuring the alien would stay put in the room, they exited the room and headed back downstairs, Lyra eager to hear the results. “Well, is he fine?”

“It wasn’t as thorough as I would like it to be. If he’s really from another world-”

“-And he is.”

“...Right. Well, some of what I know might not actually work as it could be completely wrong. It’s hard to say, at the moment. You’ll have to check up on him quite often to make sure his health stays normal, or as normal as can be. He doesn’t appear to be in any pain, though he did look very exhausted and sore.”

“That’s probably from his crash landing in the forest, along with the spell I had to perform on him..”

“The… alien is going to need all the basic amenities that we need as far as I can tell. His dietary needs look similar to an omnivore, so he’ll need some variation but keep up on his protein. I imagine he’ll need bigger proportions than us due to his size. I don’t know how you can afford that.”

“Nothing to worry there, the princess is going to hoof the bill on that. We can also send out to have you paid for your work you’re doing here.”

“Y-You want me to come back?!”

“Of course! We can’t have him checked in to a proper doctor. You’ve nearly got all the training of one!”

“For animals!”

“It’ll be fine, Fluttershy,” Bon Bon stepped in. “We don’t have anyone else we can trust with this. Just believe in yourself and we’ll do fine.”

She took a moment to think things out. “…O-Okay then. I suppose I can help if you really need it.”

Lyra patted her side, “Awesome! We’ll just need you to come back every few days for checkups, we’ll figure out a time schedule for you. Oh, and you should probably start writing down your examinations the next time you get here, the princess will want to have that.”

“It’ll be like the academy then,” Fluttershy said.

“Yay!”

‘Wait, the academy sort of sucked Lyra.’

“Boo!”

Fluttershy giggled at Lyra’s strangeness. “I really should get back to my house, I’m certain the animals are getting worried I’m not there. I’ll make sure to bring some of my tools next time so we can check his internals better.” Just as Fluttershy started out the door she stopped, turning back to Lyra. “By the way… how did you figure out he was a, well… a he?”

“Eh?” Lyra quickly realized what she meant. Now it was her turn to have her face turn red. “A-Accident. A complete accident.”

Deciding it wasn’t worth the effort to find out she left to return home. Lyra decided to sit down at her desk, writing about the day’s events for her report. Fluttershy was going to be a great help with the alien. She’ll worry about the clothing later when she could get the bits for it.

Lyra was feeling happy with how things were going. By the end of the week, she should have a nice, fat document all tidied up and ready for the princess. ‘She’s going to be so impressed with my work and how much I’ve done,’ Lyra thought as she continued writing.

A breeze of cold air whisked by Lyra that made her shiver; she turned around, seeing Bon Bon at the front door placing a saddle bag stuffed with food down on the ground.

“Lyra, have you been sitting there since I left?”

“…You left?”

“Yes, Lyra,” she answered with a shake of her head as she walked to the kitchen. “I left after Fluttershy went back home. You been writing down what happened today?” Lyra nodded her head, going back to her work. “Did you remember to feed the alien its dinner?”

“What?” Looking out the window, Lyra saw the darkness of the night. Her clock told her it was a little after eight. “I forgot to feed the alien!” Lyra cried out loud.

She flung all her stuff with magic to the side, emphasizing how badly she felt about forgetting the hooman’s meal. She then flipped their table over in a huff. It performed a triple somersault before it landed on the ground, table-side down. She screamed to the sky, showing the importance of her anguish she felt. After looking at the cluttered mess, Lyra felt she got her point across.

“Quick Bonnie, to the kitchen!”

She trotted off to the room, followed by a groaning Bon Bon. ‘Fluttershy did say to vary what he should eat. Would it like a lettuce and tomato sandwich?’

She had all week to try and figure out what to feed him. She just hoped the hooman wasn’t too angry at her if it was hungry. If he was, she’ll just make it out like it was Bon Bon’s fault! Yeees, she’ll take the fall!

“Lyra, hurry up,” Bon Bon said, “I wanna start on our food too.”

Lyra nodded, deciding to try another platter but with some vegetables added. Then after feeding him and trying to teach the alien a few more words, she could go back to her writing before heading off to sleep. Hopefully, the next few days will go smoothly in her attempts at teaching him.

~End Chapter Three~

PreviousChapters Next