• Published 18th Dec 2012
  • 1,103 Views, 43 Comments

Pony Tale: The Witching Hour - FlutterDash777



As Luna visits Ponyville on Nightmare Night she is content that she will earn the love of her subjects, but she is sadly mistaken.

  • ...
4
 43
 1,103

Lullabies for the Princess; Nightmares for Jealousy

-Lullabies for the Princess; Nightmares for Jealousy

Twilight found herself opening her closed eyes. They quickly set upon those of Princess Luna. Her blue eyes gazed into Twilight's as her lips continued to be attached to the purple unicorns. Twilight took notice of this, and swiftly released herself. The first thought that came to her mind was how relieved she was to see her moon princess once again before her. She was so happy to be able to feel her warmth, and be within her presence. The second thought that came to her mind was how embarrassed she really was for kissing Luna without her consent.

Twilight tried to ignore this. She smiled as wide as she could, and wrapped her little arms around the princess of the night. She could once again feel Luna's skin against hers. She could smell the sweet scent of her mane, and she could hear the breaths that she took. Twilight could now feel hot tears streaming down her purple face as she was reminded of what got the princess into this predicament. It was the carelessness of her friend, and the negligence of herself that turned this Nightmare Night into a true nightmare.

Twilight's heart was heavy as she could feel Luna comfortingly stroking her back with her large hooves. She wasn't sure what would happen to her after all this. Would Princess Luna forgive her? Or would she never want to visit her again? Nevertheless, Twilight knew she had to take responsibilities for her mistakes, and be prepared for whatever is to come.

"Twilight Sparkle." Luna retreated from their embrace, and stared into Twilight's tear filled eyes. Luna softly wiped them from her purple cheeks, and slightly combed through Twilight's mane.

Twilight began to turn her eyes away, but something caught her attention. Upon the princesses face was a smile. Luna was smiling at her. Twilight finally understood what it meant.

"Twili--"

Twilight suddenly pressed her front hoof against Luna's soft lips. Tears still found their way down her cheeks, but a smile had now formed across Twilight's face as well.

"You don't have to say anymore, princess."

Luna seemed surprised by this, but then her loving eyes were filled with joy, and she smiled even more.

Pinkie sat in a heap as her mind tried to collect itself. Ponies all around her were getting up, and helping others. They were crying, and laughing, and tending to many wounds. She wasn't exactly sure what had really happened, but it was a great relief that Nightmare Moon was gone.

It had all happened so quickly, and Pinkie Pie wasn't even sure what made her disappear in the first place. She just did, and it seemed that nopony else was complaining. As the pink pony continued to sit on the ground, and watch her friends, she began to think about the one true friend that she cared for the most. All this time, and she still had no idea what happened to Twilight. Pinkie Pie began to slightly frown as she tried to help herself up. Her hooves were a little achy, and her head was a bit dizzy, but she was able to regain herself.

She knew all of this was her fault. If she hadn't had been so.... If she hadn't of lied about....


Princess Luna was playing some games that were set out for Nightmare Night. Twilight Sparkle was watching her in admiration.

"Twilight! Does thou want to join me in this fun?"

Pinkie Pie could hear the moon princess call out to Twilight. She watched them from afar. Her legs were stiff straight, and her eyes were intently looking at her dearest friend flirting with the princess. Her heart slightly ached as she silently wished it were her that Twilight was flirting with instead of Princess Luna. She let out a small whimper.

"Pinkie Pie? What's the matter?" Pipsqueak tugged at the pink ponies leg. His visible brown eye looked up into her's as she was broken from her daydreams.

Pinkie Pie looked at the little fillies, and colts that surrounded her. She then looked up at Luna, and Twilight. They were playing together, and laughing. Having a great time. Pinkie's heart ached some more. She wanted to cause some trouble for the princess. She wanted yell out, and make the little ponies afraid of Luna. She wanted Twilight to be afraid of Luna. She wanted everypony to be afraid of Luna. Her stomached turned as she thought it through.

As she decided on what to do, Pinkie had something like a premonition, or a warning. As terrifying future events flashed quickly before her eyes, Pinkie had finally decided what she was going to do. She turned to the fillies, and colts, and stepped to the side.

"It's nothing. It's just I saw Princess Luna over there. I think it would be very nice if you paid our lovely princess a visit since she has taken her time to join us tonight." Pinkie softly smiled as she saw the faces on the little ponies light up as they cheerfully ran to Princess Luna, and greeted her with warm smiles, and hugs. Pinkie could see the surprising look on the moon princesses face as the little ponies asked her to play with them. She could also see Twilight in her StarSwirl the Bearded costume smiling as well. She looked so happy that Luna had finally won the hearts of her fellow ponies.

As Princess Luna, Twilight, and the fillies played together, Pinkie sat in the distance alone. Her heart was heavy as she watched them have fun without her. Twilight seemed to be having a great time with the princess instead of her. This made Pinkie feel slightly sad, but she knew what she did was the right thing. If she were to have yelled those words. Those words that she wanted to yell out so badly. Those words that would have ruined Princess Luna's reputation for good. Those terrible words...

It's Nightmare Moon!

Those were the words that were ringing in Pinkie's head. Those were the lies she wanted to tell the little ponies. If she were to had said them then this night would had ended much differently. She knew this. She saw it in her vision. It would had started off good, but it in the end Twilight would still be in love with Luna. Not Pinkie.

So what was the good in spreading those lies? What was the good in trying to ruin Princess Luna's night? Pinkie wasn't going to let her jealousy get the better of her. She wasn't going to allow herself to do such a horrible thing. It wasn't in her nature to be cruel to anypony even if she really wanted to. Since Twilight looked happy, Pinkie was happy, and she wasn't going to ruin the happiness of the pony she loved the most.

Dear Princess Celestia
Sometimes it is hard to accept the fact that the one pony you care for the most has feeling for somepony else, and it's hard to watch her have fun without you. But I have learned that jealousy isn't a good thing, and if you let it go too far you might just end up regretting it deeply in the end. Sometimes showing a little understanding is the best way to deal with heartbreak instead of causing trouble for the other. Even if the pony you care about doesn't feel the same way for you there is always a great chance to continue staying their friend, and telling lies isn't going to help that chance. I have now learned that just because I really want to do something that I know is wrong, doesn't mean I have to actually do it. That will only cause problems in all sorts of relationships, and it is best that you try not to cause any trouble. If somepony feels pressured into doing the wrong thing, they should always think about the outcomes that their actions will bring, and they can stop themselves from doing it beforehoof.

Your loyal subject, Pinkie Pie

The End

Comments ( 23 )

1869993 Whoops :facehoof: Thank's for catching that :twilightsheepish:

Ok I am slightly confused...is pinkie thinking of how things would have turned out if she had not freaked out, or did she use her law breaking power to somehow twist time around so none of it ever happen?

1878133 She was imagining what she thought would happen if she were to have yelled out, and scared the fillies about Luna "being" Nightmare Moon. :twilightsmile: I'm sorry you got confused :fluttershyouch:

1878979
Ahh I see, thank you for clearing that up

1879022 You're most certainly welcome :twilightsmile:

1879038
There is one pairing I do not often see is Nightmare in a romantic setting...then again i am a romantic at heart :twilightsheepish:

1879069 I'm also a romantic :rainbowkiss::heart: Even though my life has no romance in it whatsoever :rainbowlaugh:

1879173
It is just so hard to find the right person to snuggle and cuddle.:raritycry:

1879194 It truly is :fluttershyouch: I always think I have the right person, and then they leave me :fluttershbad: But sometimes it inspires me to write stories. Heartbreaking stories are always the best stories to me :raritywink:

1879211
I don't know why but the dark kind of stories, pain, dark thoughts, betrayal, etc. I love those kinds of stories, all the while the victim is finding odd reasons to not stop what is happening. Either through brain washing, trancing, or even falling in love with their tormentor. I don't know why the darkness draws me in so deep and with such a warm embrace

1879236 I feel the same way. Darkness draws me in, and especially dark romances, or forbidden things :yay: And speaking of which if you like those kinds of stories I will tell you that I am currently starting on a new story. It's called Missing Her. I'm pretty sure I'm going to make it into a long oneshot, but I will have to see. But anyways, it's about a relationship between Lyra, and Bon Bon. It starts off in the present, and Lyra is no longer with Bon Bon, but she has reacurring memories about her, and their romantic past together. It has a dark twist, and it's pretty heartbreaking, and sad. Lyra is still in love with Bon Bon, but she doesn't feel the same way about her, and it causes Lyra to do terrible things to herself, and she gets herself into a crazy mess :pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy: Whenever I'm done with it you should definitely check it out :twilightsmile:

1879271
Mmm I can not wait to read it, I used to write short stories in high school but I have not picked up the pen in years but my mind is always bouncing with ideas, So if you ever just wanna bounce totally random thoughts my way feel free, My mind is pretty much Discord on high grade pot.:moustache:

1879288 I've always been big on writing :twilightsmile: I want to be a great writer, and artist one day so I started early :heart::heart:

1879302
I do wish you the best of luck on both counts, and back to the types of stories. Why is it the dark blood soaked romances are often the best?

1879312 Thanks :pinkiehappy: And I'm not quite sure what it is about them that is so alluring. Maybe it's the feeling that you know something is going to happen to ruin the relationship, or it's the love you feel when the characters fight so hard even if it seems all hope is lost, or maybe it's just the anticipation, and anxiety it gives you :rainbowderp: There are so many reasons, not enough brain to think of them all :rainbowlaugh:

1879341
Also that icon is pretty damn hot....I just had an idea...for a pretty good story even though it might already be out there

1879350 Isn't it? :yay::heart::rainbowkiss: I love me some FlutterDash yuri :heart::heart: And I think you should write it if you have a good idea :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

1879356
I sent you a PM of the idea

:pinkiehappy: You continue to amaze me every time I read one of your stories :twilightsmile: You're definitely one of the best writers I've seen on FIMFiction, maybe even the best :heart:

1918789 Oh my goodness! :pinkiegasp: You're too kind to say so! :twilightsmile: I'm very very happy that you love my stories so well! It really makes me more confident in my writing knowing that at least somepony out there enjoys reading them :heart::pinkiehappy: I wish I could get featured, but I guess I will have to try really hard! :twilightsheepish:

I more than enjoy your stories :raritywink: Honestly I'm surprised that you haven't got featured yet :rainbowderp:

1921157 I really wish I could, but the featured stories are very very good! :twilightoops: Maybe one day I will, but I'm sure that is every writers dream. :twilightsmile:

This was a great story, however if the ending took place before Twilight first kissed Luna, that means none of it happened so is Twilight and Luna in a romantic relationship or no?

Login or register to comment