• Published 18th Dec 2012
  • 3,718 Views, 23 Comments

The Six-Armed Stallion - Steel Hearth



Cast into Equestria, the Demigod, Asura learns from six little mares that friendship can overcome wrath. During his lessons, Twilight recieves news that an evil presence will return. Will he stay to protect the Kingdom, or leave to save his daughter?

  • ...
2
 23
 3,718

A Demigod In Equestria

Asura's breathing was heavy. The last thing he remembered was blacking out after his disturbing outrage over the death of a girl who never gave her name. Struggling to lift himself, he spread his hooves against the loose gravel... Wait, hooves?! Asura suddenly grunted and thrust himself back on his haunches. He stared at his new gold encased hooves with utter shock, as well as relief for having his only weapons back. He figured he might need them in this strange new world.

"What the hell happened?" this question roamed in Asura's thoughts. And after a few moments his only conclusion would be that he completely lost himself, to the point where he was thrown out of his own body. But where was he? This world couldn't be Gaea, since usually everywhere the demigod went, the Gohma spawned and attacked. Though one thing caught his attention; the ground where he now sat was pulsing with Mantra. Or, was it Mantra? It seemed to be giving him the strength to pick himself up again.

He did so and lifted a foreleg to examine his rather blunt new features. "And further more... What am I--" Asura started before being interrupted by a small noise he heard coming from a nearby bush, followed by hushed scolding. He quickly positioned into a fighting stance, sneering before slowly walking over to investigate.

. . .

Twilight and her friends had arrived at the crater where the beam caused a magical explosion of a medial scale. The three ponies were very hesitant to step forward and decided to hide inside the closest bush. Twilight was in front, peering through the brush.

"What do you see, Twilight?" whispered Rainbow Dash, her tail snapping anxiously.

"I think I see something in the middle," Twilight squinted and leaned forward to get a better view through the thicket of leaves, her eyes then widening at what she saw. It was a stallion with a coat the color of a light terra cotta covered in lines, and a white spiked back mane. He seemed to have metal gauntlets of the sort on his forelegs as well. Upon further examination, she saw that his eyes glow the same way hers do when she's using magic at a very high magnitude. "I think I see an earth pony...with glowing eye--"

"ACHOO!!"

Rainbow Dash quickly covered her snout after recovering from her sneeze. She looked to both Rarity and Twilight who looked back, wide-eyed in shock. "Sorry guys, I just couldn't hold it in," Rainbow apologized, embarrassed. Twilight looked back at the stallion, only to see that he had gotten up and was walking toward them.

"Oh no, I think he heard you! He's on his way over here!" Twilight's heart was pounding in her chest. What was going to happen next? Was this pony dangerous, or was he friendly? Her mind raced at different outcomes, until she finally looked up at what was now in front of the bush the three ponies were hiding in.

"Rarity, you have a way with words, you talk to him!" Rainbow quickly suggested, nudging her flank to move out of the bush.

"Girls?" Twilight spoke.

"What?! Oh heavens no! He looks absolutely menacing. And have you seen his clothes? I can appreciate the design, but their tattered and filthy!

"Oh don't be such a cry filly!"

"Girls!" The two arguing mares looked at Twilight. Before hearing a soft, yet slightly irritated voice outside of the bush.

"I won't hurt you if you come out," the Stallion said.

. . .

Asura stood before the bush of the three voices. He leaned forward slowly and saw three pairs of eyes. He had wanted them to come out so he could ask about where he was, as well as what he was. He stood back in surprise as a small, lavender pony with a purple mane and a horn centered below her hairline was the first to walk out of the bush. She looked very nervous before speaking to him.

"Uhh..good afternoon sir, my name is Twilight Sparkle and I'm a resident around here." Asura raised an eyebrow. The pony... Spoke! He fumbled with his words in surprise, not knowing how to respond. Finally, he uttered, "I'm Asura..." Twilight Sparkle looked into his glowing white eyes, her deep purple irises widening the longer she stared. She had this feeling that the stallion in front of her was misplaced. That he was in a world he didn't know, or understand. Asura asked what she'd expected. "Where am I?"

"You're in Equestria. My friends and I are from the nearby town of Ponyville," Twilight pointed a hoof toward the bush that hid her two friends, and then to the west, where the peaceful town lie. Asura looked to the town. He guessed he was right about not being on Gaea, he thought. Somehow he needed to get back to save his daughter from Deus' clutches. If this pony was gonna help him, so be it. He looked back to Twilight, who had her gaze fixed on his metal plated arms.

"May I?" she looked up, hoping for an affirmative response. He nodded and she picked up one of his hooves and examined the intricate muscle outline and deistic designs.

Asura didn't mind this. He'd gotten used to the mortal humans on Gaea constantly gawking at him before his training with Augus and Yasha, thousands of years ago. Back when everything was normal. Back when he was just a General with a hot temper and a family.

Asura pulled his hoof away from Twilight, who stood looking at him with a cautious expression.

"My daughter, Mithra is in danger. I need to get back to my world," Twilight arched her eyebrows. She was right. Asura was not of this world and needed to go back, and she was willing to help him in any way possible.

"I think I may know some ponies who can help!"

. . .

Twilight turned her head around to the bush were her two friends were hiding. "Dash, Rarity, you can come out now," she said. The Unicorn and Pegasus revealed themselves, Rarity tossing her mane to shake off loose leaves before looking up at the demigod that stood in front of her. He was a lot bigger up close, more built than Twilight's brother, Shining Armor and nearly the same height as Princess Celestia. Her mouth hung agape until Rainbow Dash broke the silence.

"Hey uhh, Asura was it? Would you be offended if I asked what you are exactly? I mean, you don't look like a normal pony. At all." Asura arched an eyebrow. So, he was what they were. And it'll probably take some adjustment with his new mechanics. He looked at the rainbow maned Pegasus before speaking.

"I'm a demigod." Everypony recoiled in surprise, especially Rarity, who then quickly rushed front and center, causing Asura to take a step back. "A demigod?! Oh where are my manners? I am Rarity and this is Rainbow Dash." She wrapped a hoof around Rainbow and pulled her closer to her side, giving Asura a smile before bowing. He was beyond confused. "What are you doing?" Rarity looked up.

"Well it would be incredibly rude not to bow to royalty," she looked over to Twilight and motioned her to bow. Asura's jaw clenched. He had hated when the residents of the recently destroyed village on Gaea were bowing to him, praying for their lives to be taken and their souls to be guided to heaven. He thought it was pathetic, but for the reason that the white Unicorn was bowing for was understandable.

"Don't bow to me. I'm not royalty at all," Asura began to explain. Rarity let go of Rainbow Dash and stood back up as he continued. "If anything, I'm ex-military." Rainbow Dash started to walk around him.

"So, you were like a guard or something, huh?" Rainbow asked, examining his tattered uniform.

"I guess you could say that," Asura looked at the ground and closed his eyes before continuing. "I served under Emperor Strada as one of the 8 Guardian Generals of Shinkoku. It was our duty to protect the people of Gaea from the Gohma."

"Wow, so you protected your world from danger?" Twilight started to speak, walking up to Asura. "I think Princess Celestia would love to meet you!"

Asura thought for a moment. Maybe this princess of theirs could transport him back to Gaea. As it seems, he would love to meet her as well.

"Can you take me to your princess? I need to go back to Gaea as quickly as possible and take my daughter back." He was fed up with the meaningless slaughter and wanted to end it at once. He had killed three of the seven deities and hadn't planned to stop until he had his Mithra back, and Gohma Vlitra defeated.

"I wish I could, but she's away on official business in Manehatten," Twilight dug a hoof at the ground. Asura grit his teeth together and tossed his head. Why couldn't anything be easy? Now the only way to get back was through a miracle, and luck was out of the question.

"But listen, I'll take you to Ponyville and introduce you to the rest of our friends. We'll be happy to keep you company, and I'll have my assistant, Spike send a letter to the Princess." Twilight gave the demigod a smile. He looked to the bright colored town off in the distance, and then back to Twilight, nodding and returning a somewhat confident smile of his own. Something he hadn't done in a long time.

"Alright."