• Published 23rd Dec 2012
  • 13,021 Views, 333 Comments

The Hero of Altomare - Borsuq



Ponyville (unknowingly) finds itself to become a home to another dragon.

  • ...
11
 333
 13,021

9. Advices

Rarity hummed as her eyes skimmed over the text in the spa’s magazine. She wondered what was keeping Fluttershy so long. Granted, she was being late for only about ten minutes, but it was still highly unusual for her.

I hope none of her critters had any accident.” the unicorn thought with a dread. “She’s always so sad whenever they get hurt... Or maybe she just got wrapped up with Eon Guard? Could his wounds gotten worse?

But as soon as the memory of Eon cuts entered her head (along with the physique of the said stallion) the spa’s doors opened, revealing Fluttershy. Almost as if in contrast to Rarity’s suspicion, her pegasus friend emanated with happiness, although when she looked her way that quickly changed into an embarrassment mixture of sorrow when she noticed the time on the clock and the unicorn sitting on a sofa, reading a magazine.

“Oh gosh, Rarity, I’m so sorry for being late.” Fluttershy quickly apologized. “I was just so lost in thoughts that I flew around Ponyville, completely forgetting why I left my cottage in the first place.”

“That’s alright, dear.” Rarity replied cheerfully, but despite the tone of her voice she studied her friend. There was something about her that immediately alerted fashionista’s senses, and she had a certain suspicion as to what could cause this behaviour. “The usual.” she said turning to Aloe and Lotus, deciding to pry during the treatment.


Latios sighed, pondering what to do to kill time, as some baby ‘mices’ jumped up and down on his back while he laid on the couch. He didn’t mind, as their weight was practically non-existent, and besides, seeing young creatures enjoy themselves always made him happy.

Other than being used as a living playground, there wasn’t much to do here. He couldn’t fly here and didn’t want to leave Fluttershy’s cottage, because if he didn’t get back before her, he would make her worried, which was out of the question. Despite so many creatures living here with her, her den was surprisingly clean, he had already cleaned up the plates after the breakfast together with Fluttershy before she left. He didn’t feel compelled to read any of the books she had...

I wish she would get back soon.” he thought lazily, placing his head down on the couch. He yawned, not even the excitement at the prospect of seeing Fluttershy again soon able to hold off his tiredness. “With her, I could just lay here... Wait!” he snapped as he rose, noticing finally that something was wrong. “Why am I so tired?

And as he thought it, a terrible pain raced through his chest.


About five minutes after Fluttershy arrived both of them were sitting in a sauna, enjoying this one of the many services they would experience within the next hour. Since now they were in a bit more private setting, Rarity began her investigation.

“So, darling, was there any particular reason for why you were ‘lost in thoughts’?”

The effect of her question was instantaneous. Fluttershy gave a little squeak of surprise, and looked away, blushing.

“Um, well...” she stammered quietly.

Seems my guess is correct.” Rarity thought happily, but in spite of that she continued to question her friend.

“When you entered the spa you seemed so happy.” she reminded the pegasus. “Would that had anything to do with it?”

This time, Fluttershy didn’t even try to reply with words, but she did nod her head.

“Would a certain blue pegasus stallion had anything to do with it?” Rarity finally asked the question.

By now, Fluttershy’s coat was more red than yellow, and it had nothing to do with the temperature within the room. The pony herself was moving her front hooves in a circular motion against each other in what Rarity knew was an attempt to fight off the panic attack. But then very slowly, with a quick glance her way, Fluttershy nodded.

“Yes, I knew it!” Rarity exclaimed happily, immediately seizing the pegasus, despite her slight panic. “Tell me everything!”

And so Fluttershy told her. At the beginning, she was so embarrassed and unsure about talking about something so private, even with one of her best friends, that she continued to mumble and mix words. But eventually, warmed up by Rarity’s enthusiasm and sincere interest, she felt much better and confident. She still discounted the precise description of what she and Eon were doing from her tale, saying only that they’ve ‘cuddled’, but it had proven to be enough for Rarity to squeal with excitement.

“Oh, Fluttershy, I’m so happy for you.” the unicorn exclaimed once Fluttershy finished telling her how sad Eon seemed when she left her cottage. They were currently now taking a mud bath, as their conversation didn’t stop them from taking a full treatment they ordered. The spa ponies were known for not saying a word about what was said between their clients during their sessions, or that they didn’t even listen most of the time. However, Fluttershy did spot both Aloe and Lotus glancing her way and sending her an honest smile. “Do you know how rare it is, to have your true love basically bump into you one day?”

“You... you really think this is a true love?” Fluttershy asked her.

The pegasus herself had no doubt that Eon Guard had deep feelings for her, as strong as her were for him, despite how short they knew each other. But her friend opinion still mattered to her. Rarity was much more experience in not only romance, but also interacting with ponies overall.”

“I am certain of it!” the fashionista replied, much to her delight. “But what are you doing here, instead of over at your cottage with him?!”

“W-well...” the yellow mare stammered, put off by the sudden change of subject. “We always...”

“Darling, I would perfectly understand if you would skip one spa session in favor of being with your coltfriend.” Rarity cut her off, already knowing what she was going to say. “But that’s alright, as long as you go with him on a proper date afterwards.”

“But what about the picnic by the swimming hole?”

That question made Rarity pause, and for the next few seconds, she rubbed her chin, her brow furrowed as she pondered what Fluttershy just said.

“How about you invite him to join us, then?” she finally suggested. “The girls would like to know him better, anyway, especially now that he’s your coltfriend!”

“Oh, I don’t know if that’s a good idea.” the pegasus countered. “He seemed to be a little uncomfortable yesterday with everypony’s attention on him.”

“Hmm, you might have a point. But still, you should at least ask him if he would like to come together with you. I will talk with the girls so that they won’t bother him too much.”

Fluttershy had to admit that it was a good idea. Not to mention that at the thought of spending more time with Eon she felt warmth emanating from her body.


Latios panted as he took unsteady steps to the kitchen, hoping to drink some water. The initial spasm, that hit him so unexpectedly, thankfully ended quickly. However, soon after that, more attacks came, every ten minutes or so. Every time the pain was so great that Latios fell to the ground, unable to concentrate on standing still. At least he managed to keep his disguise. From what he observed, Fluttershy seemed to understand what her ‘animal friends’ about as well as other ponies, so changing back into his true shape would be rather troublesome.

The critters themselves all gathered around him whenever he was in pain, sensing that something was wrong. Angel even was about to race through the door, no doubt to get some help, but Latios motioned for him to not do that. He didn’t want to worry Fluttershy with what he was fairly certain was her fault.

That medicine thing that she made me swallow must have caused it.” he thought as he poured himself a glass of water. “I knew it would be bad for me. But I cannot let her know about this. It’s not her fault; she was just trying to help me.

The spasms ended some time ago, and although he still felt weak and tired, his usual stamina was slowly coming back to him. Latios guessed that whatever effect the medicine had on him must have worn out.

His ears twitched at the sound of the doors opening, and very quickly they were followed by his wings outstretching and taking him to the entrance. Latios looked happily at Fluttershy, who just returned and replied with similar expression. As he landed next to her to nuzzle her in greeting, he noticed that Rarity came with her, and had some strange Meowth-like creature (only more white and fatter) within a cage, that she hovered next to her with her using her psychic powers... at least Latios assumed so.

Sniffing her scent subtlety, Latios noticed to his displeasure that her natural one it was masked by the similar one to that she had when he bumped into her. While it was a pleasant smell, he hoped it would wear off soon. Her natural scent was much more enchanting.

“Sorry for being out a bit longer, but I forgot that after spa Rarity wanted me to take care of her cat Opal for few days.” she explained, blushing, as they pulled back.

Latios nodded to Rarity in greeting, who replied with “Good morning!” However, Latios ears caught some strange... happiness behind those two words?

“I need to get something to drink.” Fluttershy said, making her way to the kitchen. “Rarity, could I get you anything?”

“A glass of water would be nice, darling. It’s really hot today.”

The yellow female nodded as she walked away. Latios, whose eyes never left her, was about to follow her, when he felt Rarity press her hoof against his shoulder.

“So, I hear you two are becoming quite close.” she said in happy tone.

Latios crooked his head in confusion, but he nodded nonetheless. He didn’t see a point in hiding it.

“Well, I think that it’s just great, and I hope you two will be very happy.” Rarity continued in the same tone. “But I feel obligated to mention one thing.” she added, leaning closer. “Break her heart... and I’ll break you.

The cold fury with which she said those two last words, coupled with the stare she gave him, were so shocking that -despite himself- Latios backed away. He could tell that she meant those words, and somehow, despite knowing that he was much stronger that this pony, he knew that she would follow them through if he would gave her a reason to.

“Here’s your water, Rarity.” Fluttershy said who flied out of her kitchen while holding a glass of water. At the sound of her voice, Latios snapped, returning to his usual self.

“Thank you very much, darling.” Rarity replied in her previous, happy voice. She slowly drank the contents of the glass, and then gave it back to Fluttershy. “I need to get back to my boutique for now. Thanks again for the water and taking Opal, Fluttershy.”

“No problem, Rarity, you’re always welcome.” the yellow female told her as her friend went through the doors.

“I’ll see you at the picnic, then. I’ll leave you two lovebirds alone, bye!”