• Published 23rd Dec 2012
  • 13,021 Views, 333 Comments

The Hero of Altomare - Borsuq



Ponyville (unknowingly) finds itself to become a home to another dragon.

  • ...
11
 333
 13,021

6. Overcoming...

“And this is a symbol for letter ‘z’.” Twilight said as she lifted her final small tablet, and the mute pony looked at it thoughtfully.

Much to her and everypony (especially Fluttershy) relief, the blue pegasus quickly returned, shaking off water from his coat and feathers. The animal caretaker wanted to immediately wrap him up in all those clothes again, but Twilight, seeing how he reacted earlier, suggested to instead just wrap him with blanket. The mute stallion this time was much calmer and did not object, although when Fluttershy tried to give him the medicine, it was easy to read from his face that he began to regret coming back. He did swallow it even if he looked as if wanting to puke it right out. After that they introduced him to the fillies and Spike, who weren’t present on yesterday’s party due to either school or chores, Twilight mentioned that she wanted to see if he wanted to learn how to write, a suggestion to which he practically jumped at.

“So, do you think you remember all of them?” the lavender unicorn asked him, unsure; this was rather quick way to teach somepony, and even if he seemed to be content with the pace, the pegasus stallion might be confused by the number of letters. Once the mute pony nodded, Twilight decided she needed to perform a test. “Let’s do a little trial, shall we?” she glanced around and spotted the others, young ones playing with Fluttershy’s animals, while the grown up mares were talking about something further away. The unicorn quickly grabbed the closest critter, Angel Bunny, and pulled him closer which gained everypony’s attention. “This is Angel Bunny. Can you write his name?”

As the other ponies gathered around, the mute stallion took a pencil into his mouth and began to write something on the piece of paper. Twilight couldn’t see from this angle, so she had to wait to see if he truly remembered all the letters of the alphabet. At first, she didn’t think he did, because he used a lot more letters that he should to just write ‘Angel Bunny’. However, the reason for that became apparent, once he stopped writing and nodded at her.

Twilight picked up the paper and read:

THIS IS ANGEL BUNNY I AM NOT SICK THIS IS MY NORMAL BODY HEAT ALTHOUGH IT IS DUE TO OLD DISEASE CAN I TAKE THIS OFF AND PUKE OUT THAT THING BEFORE IT CAUSES ME SOME HARM

“Wow, you really did it!” she exclaimed, ignoring the larger part of the message as she and everypony else congratulated him. Once they were done, she asked: “But it looks like I forgot to tell you about punctuation, didn’t I?”

Latios growled inwardly as the female purposely ignored his question. He was certain that whatever it was that they gave him was supposed to help ponies who had fever, but he didn’t have one, not to mention that he wasn’t a pony. As such he was slightly worried, even if nothing seemed to happen to him. However, he decided to wait with further complains in that direction, as Twilight quickly explained what punctuation was about.

Relieved that he had such good memory, Latios quickly took in the knowledge, as the female asked him another question:

“Now that you can write, could you tell us your name?”

Latios nodded, and quickly picked up the pencil once again. It was a bit weird, this whole ‘writing’, but he have seen Lorenzo do that from time to time, even if he used his paws instead of mouth. Latios suspected he could use his psychic powers to do that, but it seemed that only unicorns could perform such feat, and his form was that of a pegasus. Nonetheless, he quickly scribbled on the paper what Twilight (and everypony else, if he read their expressions to be curios correctly) wanted to know.

He had spent some time prior to this pondering the matter, knowing that sooner or later he would have to give them some name to be called by. At first, Latios figured he would give them his true name, but the ponies he met so far seemed to have names that described their nature, color of fur, hair, the shape of cutie mark, and such. So, after some thinking, he concluded that name ‘Latios’ wouldn’t seem believable, and instead came up with something else.

After he finished, this time without adding anything more, Twilight once again took the short note, and this time read it out loud.

“Eon Guard.”

“Wow, what a cool sounding name!” Scootaloo exclaimed, having forgotten about her initial dislike for the stallion after seeing him being punished enough by Fluttershy for winning against her idol (even if she know that this wasn’t about that, but it still counted). After a second, though, she cocked her head in mild confusion. “Wait, what does ‘eon’ mean?”

“It’s an indefinitely long period of time, an age.” Twilight, slightly surprised, replied. “Curious name. I guess this cutie mark of yours is some sort of shield, yes?”

It was a lot different from her brother’s, but it was the only logical conclusion she could came up with. Eon Guard nodded, and once again wrote something. The unicorn took it and read:

IT’S HOT AND I’M FINE, CAN I TAKE THIS BLANKET OFF?

Twilight chuckled, amused, and although she wasn’t sure exactly how an old disease could cause pony’s normal body heat to lower itself, she nodded, making a mental note to check that later.

Fluttershy, while happy that now they could communicate with Eon Guard, was still concerned about his health as he took off his blanket. She saw in the corner of her eye Rainbow noticing her worrying and grinned, making Fluttershy blush as she recalled their conversation earlier, as girls and Spike played with her animal friends:

“You know, I never expected to see you be so aggressive towards another pony.” Dashie told her with amusement as they glanced at mute pony being tutored by Twilight in writing and reading.

“But I had to do something.” Fluttershy whispered, also a bit surprised at her behaviour. “I mean, he just didn’t want to listen to what I told him, and started to run away. So I had to be more assertive.”

Her oldest friend rolled her eyes, but quickly once again smirked as she lowered her voice.

“You know, when we came in, I thought that you two were having some fun.” she whispered, winking. “At least that’s how it looked like.”

“Fun?” Fluttershy asked, not understanding. “What do you mean?”

The other mare rolled her eyes again and bent over, whispering to her ear:

“I mean that it looked as if you were bucking.”

It took Fluttershy few seconds to finally get what Rainbow meant, and when she did, she gasped and blushed fiercely.

“What?!” she exclaimed, and only because her voice was so quiet by nature nopony else heard them. “N-no, we didn’t... I mean, we haven’t... I-I... he’s a great pony, but...” she began stammering, as her mind by itself began imagining him and her, all triggered by Dashie’s words.

“Fluttershy?” Rainbow interrupted her, grinning. “Your wings.”

She looked at her puzzled, still embarrassed, and glanced behind to see something that made her eyes widen with fear and shame.

Her wings were outstretched.

“You know...” Dashie whispered, chuckling softly. “... I kinda wanted him for myself, but since you seem to like him so much, I’m going to give up.” Fluttershy’s mind was too blank at that point to respond, so she just looked at her friend. “But in return, I want you to promise me something.” the shy pony nodded absentmindedly, and Dash’s continued: “When you two start sleeping together, ask him what he thinks about threesomes.”

Fluttershy was sure she heard something in her head break, as her coat began to radiate with red glow, somehow unnoticed by anypony except the giggling Rainbow Dash.

Author's Note:

Sorry that this chapter is so short, but I hope the content makes up for it.