• Published 23rd Dec 2012
  • 3,251 Views, 50 Comments

My Little Kerbals: Space is Magic - Volgar The Mighty



The Kerbals have discovered a mysterious wormhole past the orbit of Jool. After sending probes and finding an inhabited planet, who better to send than Bill, Bob, and Jebediah Kerman?

  • ...
4
 50
 3,251

Chapter 2: Close Encounters of the Third Kind

My Little Kerbals: Space is Magic

Chapter 2: Close Encounters of the Third Kind

<=K=S=P=€<33

Luna stared at the sight before her. The sight baffled her. Three green bipedal creatures in bulky white suits stood in front of a large, six legged landing machine with poles and reflective surfaces sticking out the top and bells on the bottom. Next to the creatures sat a lit window on a tripod. One creature looked terrified and was hyperventilating. Another one seemed worried and kept looking between the guards and herself. The final creature looked left then right. A smirk grew on its face before stepping forward. Several guards tensed up at the move.

The creature raised its forelegs into the air. It took a deep breath before bellowing out "We come in peace!" The language it, or he if the deeper voice is any indication, spoke was completely foreign. The worried one looked over at the speaker before smacking its helmet.

Looking up, Luna and Celestia saw a night guard look out of the lander's door. He nodded his head, indicating there were no other aliens or weapons.

"I will send a letter to Twilight and have some guards retrieve her," Celestia said to Luna. Celestia turned around and walked back to her carriage. She opened a secret compartment in the back and removed some paper and ink. As she levitated it in the air and started writing the letter, the aliens all stared at the magic.

"Woooooooooaaaah." The creatures started conversing excitedly among themselves, though one seemed angry at the simple magic. Their fascination along with their strange lack of magic suggested to Luna that wherever the aliens were from had no magic, though how life could exist without magic alluded her.

Celestia finished the letter and sent it away with green flames. She then sent two guards away with a carriage. Turning around she saw one of the bipeds walk over to the tripod. It turned to them and pointed at the princesses then waved them over. Glancing to each other, the two alicorns walked over to the device. A conference room filled with more green creatures, these in business suits, covered the glass. The suited alien pressed the largest of a group of buttons with his strange appendage.

"Hello fellow sentient beings." Celestia's and Luna's ears swivelled toward the masculine voice that emanated from the strange window. The guards all tensed up and looked for any possible hostiles. Several walked closer to the princesses just in case. The creature standing at the center of the screen continued talking. "We come not to conquer but to learn and grow. We extend our hands in greetings and hope you receive well and happy. Together, we represent the nations of our world and hope we can be friends and allies." The creatures performed a small bow before each extended a single foreleg.

All of the green creatures then said at once "To a bright future!" Then the screen turned black and the device grew quiet. Turning back to their guests, they saw the aliens standing in a line. The middle one extended his foreleg.

Celestia smiled at him and extended her foreleg. She grabbed his appendage and shook it. "We welcome you three to Equestria.”

<=K=S=P=€<33

"Just calm down, Twilight. I doubt the princess would send you back to magic kindergarten," a small violet and green dragon said to the lavender unicorn sitting next to him. They both sat in a golden chariot being pulled by two solar guards. Stacks of books covered the floor..

"Spike, the princess needed every book I could find on translation spells, languages, and speech. What if I'm missing something important?"

Spike picked up a random book. "Yeah, well, I don't think she needs 'The History of the Letter A.'"

"Spike, we might need that if whatever these beings are share that same--"

"Cool, what is that!?" Spike exclaimed while looking over the side of the carriage. Twilight looked over as well, seeing a large metal ship with legs. Surrounding it were guards, the princesses, and three strangely shaped creatures wearing a white full-body suit. Two of the aliens were messing around with some small hoof-held devices connected to a glowing tripod. The final one was setting down a striped tanning chair. She jumped out after they landed with Spike riding on her back. He looked at the aliens and their spaceship with fascination.

“Don’t worry, princesses. I came as soon as I could. I brought everything I could find that you asked for,” Twilight said when she reached the princesses.

Celestia chuckled and said “Don’t worry, my faithful student. I have full confidence in your abilities. We just need to find a translation spell so that we may communicate with the aliens.”

“Wait!” Spike shot up and looked fearfully at the green men. “What if they want to suck out our brains through straws?”

Celestia shook her head. “I don’t think that’ll be a problem.” She looked at her sister, who looked sleepy. “Luna, you may go back to the palace if you want. I can take care of everything from here.”

Luna yawned before nodding. "Thanks, Celly. Just please be careful. Something doesn't seem right about them."

"Don't worry, just go get some rest." Celestia watched as her sister was flown back east by several night guards. She walked towards the carriage that brought Twilight. "Come, Twilight. We'll need to find a translation spell that works for unknown languages."

As they trotted away, Spike jumped off Twilight's back and crawled towards the aliens. One was taking pictures of the area with a small camera. Another was putting samples of grass and insects in plastic bags. The last one was trying to tan despite still wearing a spacesuit. As Spike neared them, the photographer noticed the dragon. It took a picture of him before turning around.

"Bob, Jeb, look at this strange lizard." The others walked over and they started chatting between each other.

Spike frowned and raised an eyebrow. He slowly waved his claw. "Uhh, hi." The aliens stopped talking and stared at the dragon. He grasped his hands together and rocked back and forth on his feet while staring at the ground. "You aren't going to... Eat my brain..." Spike looked at them with wide eyes. "Are you?"

"I think it just talked," the alien with spiky hair said.

"It sounded like a question. What do we do?" the alien on the left asked.

"Just nod your head and say yes," the first creature responded.

They all nodded their heads and said "Yes." Spike tip-toed backwards then sprinted back to the safety of Celestia and Twilight.

The ponies were skimming through stacks of books. They needed to find a spell that sensed the concepts and meanings behind the alien's unknown words and accurately translates them instead of the usual spell that translates word by word using a database.

Twilight jumped back up from her seated position. "I found one!" she exclaimed. She showed it to Celestia who nodded after looking.

"Now we just need to let them know somehow." Celetia levitated over some paper and ink. "See if you can use pictures to show them."

Twilight nodded and magically grabbed the supplies. She walked over to the green beings. She got the attention of one who seemed nervous, maybe even scared of her. She started drawing a picture of a pony and alien speaking to each other with the pony using magic on the alien's head. She noted the alien followed with wide eyes the quill as it scratched against the parchment. Celestia had told her about them possibly being from a non-magical place. She wondered what it would be like to not know about magic her whole life only to later discover it for the first time.

She showed him the picture. He looked confused at first, then looked at her glowing horn. He pointed at her horn as he said "You're gonna help us communicate with your horn? How does that work?" He looked at the paper for a few more seconds then nodded his head. He walked over to the others to inform them.

<=K=S=P=€<33

She spied through the tree's leafy canopy with her blue eyes. It hadn't been difficult to get past the guards. She bounced on the branch, somehow holding the branch still and making no sound. Her dark pink mane bounced along with her. A guard walked by and failed to notice her pink coat that stuck out against the green foliage.

She watched as Princess Celestia and Twilight Sparkle gathered near the green aliens. They read over a book as if in preparation for something. She peered over towards the alien spaceship behind the ponies. She didn't know how such a thing worked or how it survived falling from space. It was large enough to abduct ponies just like in movies.

"This sure is a doozy of a doozy," she whispered in her squeaky voice. She had woken up that morning when her sixth sense had gone off. It had been intense, only ever going off that badly once before. She had went out to investigate, and now found the cause. She wondered if they were like the aliens in the comics and movies, but doubted it with the princess and Twilight working with them.

“I should tell my friends about the cool aliens. And if they’re nice, they’ll get a ‘Welcome to Equestria’ party. Everypony deserves a party.” She scooted back into the tree and disappeared, never catching the attention of any guards.

<=K=S=P=€<33

Twilight and the princess followed the instructions in the book as their horns glowed violet and yellow respectively. The glow began to brighten as the aliens' heads glowed too. A half minute passed as nothing seemed to happen. The ponies increased their magic input thus brightening their horns, though one of the aliens was unaffected due to some sunglasses he wore. Suddenly, they all screamed in pain and grabbed their heads. It went by unnoticed by the ponies. The lights flashed as they finished the spell.

The aliens stood still, staring blankly forward with wide-eyes. Celestia and Twilight kneeled, sweating and panting heavily. The creatures all groaned out "Owww" before falling on the ground, their eyes rolling into their heads.

Celestia frowned. "I hope it worked. The spell will probably last only a day due to their magic resistance."

Twilight looked up to her mentor. "What should we do now?"

"Let's bring them back to the palace so they may rest in peace. We'll have to prepare a speech to inform the masses."

Author's Note:

I'm back and not dead!

Sorry for missing last weekend, had some problems and spent time getting ready to go back to school. Then I discovered the school installed a new internet filter system so now I have to use Google Docs to type on the tablet at school, which doesn't work well and now I have to spend time reformatting my story for each post. This new filter system is terrible. Everything good is block, including Youtube, Fimfiction, even Wikipedia (Kinda hard to do research at school now too). Sorry about ranting, but I can't stand it.

Hopefully I can stay on schedule now that I'm used to the changes. If not, blame the school (not really (ok, maybe a little)).

Volgar The Mighty launching off.

Comments ( 22 )

If you dont make the chapters appear in my fav box then you WILL be dead.:pinkiecrazy:

This is nice and original. Please, continue. :twilightsmile:

This is Major Jeb to Ground Control. I'm stepping through the door.

This is good -- keep it up!

And yeah, school filters suck. :flutterrage: Sorry you gotta deal with all that crud.

I'm going to add this to Game Crossovers. Is that ok?

Please don't tell me this is dead. I love this so far.

I just discovered this game today by watching Markiplier's videos, and then after using the search feature on Fimfiction, I found this story.

Do not stop writing.

(Also, I think that the filter in your school is blocking this website because of the "unmentionable" items on here. Mabye you should talk to the administrator of your school's web service so that you can grant permission.)

(Or something.)

Dead, the story is dead.

I must list this as Dead Story # 65,395,123

I love this story, please for the love of Celestia continue it.
dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw302_1298830294413.png

I think I may have to make a replica of "Byss" in my save using 7 Roche mass simulators. It would be hard.

Guys this story died along time ago.

GET ME MORE OF THIS STAT

..why has nothing exploded yet?

Please spray me with more Kerbal goodness! My body is ready!:duck:

I don't know why, but i seen to be running into a lot of stories that feel rushed, even if it's only a little bit quick.
That being said, this is the first time I've seen one that was written well. The characters are fleshed out, the plot doesn't take abrupt turns, the grammar is near perfect.
I think if the events in these few chapters were drawn out further, the story could be borderline perfect.

Dude, why is this behaving like it's dead. It's the only KSP crossover on this site! CONTINUE!

Don't let this story die! :raritycry:

Yay! KSP crossover!

Yeah... I'd keep everypony at least 100m back from the lander. If that thing is typical Kerbal tech, the fuel cells or the LH2 tanks might decide to blow up because... well, because.

So, was that a Changeling? If it was, Chrysalis will soon be begging the Princesses to protect her from the friendly lunatics whose planet she tried to invade.

Login or register to comment