• Published 17th Dec 2012
  • 4,304 Views, 52 Comments

Unlimited Power - DarkZonker



Stranded on a wild new planet, Obi-Wan and Anakin must stop a reemerging evil from taking complete control.

  • ...
13
 52
 4,304

Reunion

Anakin sat calmly as the ponies surrounded him. Twilight’s horn was glowing with withheld magic, ready to destroy the padawan at a moments notice. The remaining ponies were cautiously watching him for any movements.

Anakin moved to sit cross legged, sending the ponies into a nervous scramble, and began to meditate. He was only waiting for the questions that wouldn’t come anytime soon. Clearing his mind, Anakin opened himself to the Force. The life energy around him pouring into his body. He suddenly felt lighter, more awake, more ready for anything life could throw at him. He continued to sit with his eyes closed but listened to the conversations that were happening around him.

“What dreadful clothing. One would think that being an alien would entitle oneself to better clothing,” said Rarity, or at least that who Anakin thought it was.

“Yes, but maybe he’s just not very rich,” Fluttershy replied quietly. So quietly, in fact, that Anakin could barely even hear her. Anakin scowled at the direction this conversation was taking.

“They’re just robes,” Anakin muttered.

Rarity walked closer and lifted a section of his cloak for a closer inspection with her hoof. Twilight’s horn glowed a little brighter in case Anakin tried something. Anakin however remained completely motionless, intently watching the white unicorn. “This material is awful. Aren’t you uncomfortable?”

“Not really. I’ve learned to deal with it,” he replied nonchalant. Rarity huffed and walked back to the comfort of her friends.

Anakin returned his gaze to Twilight who had relaxed somewhat but still ready to incapacitate the Jedi at a moments notice. He noticed the grasses rustling behind her and the brown hood just peaking over. He smiled knowing that his hostage situation was over. Twilight saw him smile and was immediately confused by it.

“Hey! What’s so funny, wise guy?” demanded Rainbow, who also saw the smile and quickly got in Anakin’s face.

The rustling grasses got louder finally attracting the attention of the ponies. Twilight turned to face the new threat and poured magic into her horn making it glow extremely bright. Whatever was in the grass was getting closer making more and more noise. The sound of footsteps was rapidly approaching. Fluttershy cowered behind Applejack, who braced herself for whatever was coming. Pinkie Pie squirted whipped cream into a pie pan and readied it to throw.

The figure burst out of the grass, stray blades flying into the clearing.

“Hiya, girls!” Spike shouted as he ran to Twilight and wrapped his stubby arms around her neck.

Twilight’s eyes widened in surprise and looked down at her number one assistant and wrapped a foreleg around him, nuzzling his head.

“Twilight, it’s good to see you!” He grasped her harder. “You were pretty scary when you were attacking the Jedi. Oh, I see that you already made friends with Anakin.”

“Jedi? Anakin? That’s your name? Why didn’t you tell us?” She asked, nearly shouting by the end of it.

Anakin shrugged. “You never asked.”

Spike cringed at the volume of her voice and shot a worried look at Anakin. He’d only ever seen Twilight this mad when the world or her friends were in danger. This was turning into a not very great situation for his new friend.

The grass rustled again startling Twilight out of her haze of anger. She looked to the grass and waited for the next curveball.


Obi-wan watched from the other side of the clearing behind Anakin, who had been slowly inching his way to the grasses and to his master. He disappeared silently into the grass leaving the ponies and Spike watching the the other side.

When they were finally far enough away Anakin let out a sigh. Obi-wan looked out of the corner of his eye at his padawan. He was trudging through the grass, had deep, dark bags under his eyes, and was covered in dirt. Today probably was not the best day for his padawan, but after every valley the road can only rise.


Twilight, as well as her friends, continued to stare at the grass. If it was more of these Jedi, there was going to be trouble. The young one, “Anakin” Twilight remembered, would probably know if there was going to be any more.

“Hey, Ana-” Nopony was there. Anakin was gone. “Where is he? Where did he go?” Twilight whirled around searching for signs as to where he went.

Pinkie Pie bounced over to her friend, “Oh, he left with his master and are going to return to their ship,” She gave Twilight the biggest smile her face could hold, then added ominously, “They use the Force, OooOOooh.”

Twilight’s ears perked up, maybe they weren’t lost after all. “Pinkie, did you see where they went?”

“Nope!” A smile

A frown, “Do you know where their ‘ship’ is?”

“Nope!” An even bigger smile.

A deeper frown, “What’s the ‘Force’?”

“No idea,” Pinkie shrugged and bounced away.

“Great. Now I’m left with even more questions,”

“It’s alright, Twilight. I’ll still help you,” piped Spike, hugging his sisters legs.

“Yeah, you’ll always be there for me won’t you, Spike?” She hugged him back, her chest tightening.

“Just like you’re gonna always be here for me,” He said, gripping a little tighter. The dam inside of Twilight broke, letting out all of the feelings of fear, anger, and desperation.

Something wet fell on Spike’s face, he looked up and saw Twilight crying. He resolved to never scare her like that again and held her tighter to show her.

Author's Note:

A little shorter than usual, I'll probably come back and fix it later after i'm finished with revising the previous chapters

Comments ( 11 )

4443955 Good, prepare to be further entertained as I make Chapters 2-8 actually good

4443998 Thank you!:pinkiehappy: It can only get better as I revise it and make it not shitty

hmmm I like it. You get a like and a fave

4524774 With the metaphor? Or my story?

4556603 Ah. Well I appreciate the sentiment that you put into the metaphor, and I am trying to grow like said apple tree:ajsmug:

4558357 There is one other thing I could offer you as advice.
No idea is too stupid. There will, however, be ideas that simply will not work with the shape you're going for, so these ones must be "pruned" off the tree.
But don't let that be the end of that idea.
Save it.
Save EVERYTHING you come up with.
They might not work by themselves, but they can feed into even better ideas. Like saving scraps or fallen leaves to use as mulch for new plants. The old generation feeding into the new one.

4558477 Thanks :pinkiehappy: I have definitely unknowingly done that recently. A fic that will never see the light of day, maybe, has recently been somewhat cannibalized into my most recent story and it works a lot better

Login or register to comment