• Published 19th Dec 2012
  • 1,966 Views, 59 Comments

The New Brotherhood of Darkness - JeckParadox



The greatest villain of another realm has been exiled to another universe, one that appears to be filled with magical creatures in their own right. Makuta seeks the aid of King Sombra and Nightmare Moon to conquer the new universe he found himself in

  • ...
3
 59
 1,966

Toa Heroes

Dalu swung forward, bringing her twin Chargers down on Hydraxon's head. She increased his speed for an instant, causing him to swing too far and merely toss her to the side instead of striking her. She slid on the ground, grabbing the water at her sides with her spiritual power and throwing it forward at Hydraxon, heating it to as close as boiling point as she could without losing control.

The warrior didn't flinch as the water struck him. He jumped forward, his large clawed hands grasping at her mask. It's powers of translation were useless to her in a fight, she wished she had worn something useful like a Kadin.

No time to think, head being bashed against rock.

"Next!" The titan crowed. Dekar stood up. "Oh, this'll be fun." Hyrdaxon hissed. "How's it feel to get your own body, just to have to get used to a new one, Dekar?" The Titan slid forward, bringing one knee upward into Dekar's chin. "You may think you know everything I'm going to do. But that won't help you, because I know everything you're going to do. Strange, isn't it?"

Dekar frowned and brought both of his electro blades upward in a motion to rip off the titan's arm. Hydraxon snarled and bent his arm, dodging the blades and kicking the Toa in the chest. "I just told you I know what you're going to do, and then you do something as easily dodgeable as that!" Hyrdaxon chided. He then jumped up just as the rock beneath him shifted from Dekar's toa powers over stone. He finished the motion with deflecting a shot of solidified air fired from Dekar's shoulder mounted launcher. He flicked Dekar with one finger, pushing the Toa back about a meter.

"Next!"

One by one the Toa went down, Hydraxon defeating each without the use of weapons or powers. Afterward the new Toa were holding their bruises and catching their breath. "Well, it seems none of you have learned the first thing about being a Toa."

Garan sighed. "What are you talking about?"

Kazi nodded. "I've checked the records, we're making record progress, we're all from Voya Nui and Mahri Nui, and you know why we were sent there..." He looked down at his chest where when he was a Matoran had been a constant source of pain and shame. He had been repaired incorrectly, in fact, that was why he received his special weapon, the echo forks, as an apology from Karzahni. It was fortunate that being transformed into Toa healed his, and all his friend's injuries. "We had that stacked against us, but we've been Toa for less than a few hours, and already we're using our elemental powers and our Kanohi! Even the Toa Metru didn't get used to their bodies that quickly!"

"No, no, you're making record progress, but unless you understand the way Toa should fight, you'll never be able to beat me." Hydraxon sighed. "You have twenty minutes, then all of you will go at me for another two rounds, if you can't beat me then, another twenty minutes, and another two rounds."

~~~~

"I don't get it! He's not telling us, how are we supposed to figure out how Toa fight!" Kazi growled. "How does he expect us to beat him in single combat, he's a dozen times as fast, has about a hundred times the experience, and at least twenty times our strength..."

Dekar shook his head. "I don't know. We were once one being, but he never did have a high opinion of Toa, he tried not to think about them. In fact, I know for an absolute fact that none of us, except maybe Dalu on her best day and him on his worst, could possibly hope to face him alone."

Garan shook his head. "Mata Nui said we needed to go through this training before he sent us up against Makuta Teridax... and that fight will make this fight look like petty squabble between Rahi..."

Piruk shook his head. "When we fight Makuta, he's supposedly depowered, not to mention we'll have two of the Order's best warriors.We might actually have a better hope of beating Teridax than Hydraxon."

Balta laughed. "Hydraxon would love to hear that."

Dekar shook his head. "He'd throw us in a pile forty times and electrocute us if he heard we were underestimating Teridax like this.."

Dalu laughed out loud. "No, I don't think we're underestimating it. After all, we're Toa, we're built to be able to seal things like Makuta away. And we'll be fighting as a team when we go against Teridax." She swiped her chargers against each other for an instant. "I'm not underestimating Makuta for an instant, but a fight against him will be completely different than against Hydraxon."

Garan looked at her for a few seconds. "What did you just say?"

"A fight against Teridax is completly dif-"

"No, before that, about Toa... fighting as a team..."

~~~~

"Alright, which of you cowards wants to face me first?!" Hydraxon roared. Garan and Piruk nodded, both of their masks activating at once. Hydraxon's eyebrows furled as his vision was twisted around, the toa and ground around him becoming transparent and visions fluttering around him. He closed his eyes and jumped forward at the two of them. "You think you can take me without my eyes?! Ha! It'll take a lot more than that before you can-" His own voice was suddenly painful as Dalu's chargers increased his already remarkable sense of hearing. Then Kazi whipped his echo forks together, creating a horrible shockwave of pure noise and vibration at Hydraxon, who actually winced. He was blind and deaf, he felt the vibrations in the ground as Balta and Dekar ran forward, the others all using their weapons or masks. The two toa both pulled out their blades and began doing a dance of blows around Hydraxon, who was doing everything he could to avoid them with only his sense of touch. As soon as the echo forks stopped he dashed toward Kazi, wanting to stop him before the Ice toa could bring them together again. But Balta and Dekar both tackled him, knowing where he would be aiming. Hydraxon huffed and jumped back twenty feet to where he knew he'd be out of range. He slipped on the ice patch and water there, but regained his footing so that he could jump away from the stone that had shot from the ground below him. He rolled out of the way of a fire he couldn't hear or see, back, unfortunatly into the range of the echo forks. As soon as he was deaf again the elements began attacking him, he tried to jerk backward away from the oncoming heat of the fire, but only landed in ice and earth that grew around him, he burst his way out of the trap to only feel a blast of wind, sand, water, and fire, forcing him back into the growing trap.

"ENOUGH!!" The titan roared, spinning around and ripping the boulders through the ice. He tossed the rock at Kazi, who had to jump back and let Piruk block the blow for him. "I... see that you finally figured it out. Bunch'a cowards, but you aren't stupid." He admitted. "Well, not stupid enough that you can't learn."

"So, are we ready to fight Makuta?" Balta asked hopefully.

"Oh, definitly not. You all just graduated from worm, to tiny fish. I'm still a Muaka bear." He shot forward, almost too fast to see, and quickly landed a blow to the back of the head to every Toa there. He stooped above Garan. "Welcome to the beginner class."

"Are we ready?" Garan asked his team.

"Ready as we'll ever be." Balta replied.

"Alright then. Let's go." Garan then jumped from the portal and landed on the top of the tower. "Go!Go!Go!Go!" he began shouting, waving the Toa to move forward. "Dalu in front, Dekar in back!" The six Toa made their way off the roof and swung one by one into the window, finding themselves in a moon-themed bedroom.

Piruk shredded the door in front of them to splinters, and the six ran down the pathway. "Balta, scout ahead, send up a white flare if Makuta's there." Garan instructed. Balta threw down his twin repellers, long flat-bladed weapons which had grown with his Toa transformation, and began surfing on them as they pushed against the stairwell. His own weight created an impact against the steps, one which the repellers were deflecting downward. Surfing on his own gravity he shot far ahead of the rest of the group, preparing a flame to signal to them if Makuta was there, but at the bottom of the stairway was merely another hall that met with another stairway and a great room filled with thrones. He checked both rooms and sent a red flare up instead of a white, telling his team it was clear. He waited, weapons drawn, at the entrance to the throne room for his friends. Dalu nodded to him and quickly checked back on the other stairway before dodging to the other side of the door. Garan came next, weapons drawn and aimed for the door, ready to blast anything in the way with his pulse bolts.

They waited for the entire team to reach the bottom before Balta gave his spot to the second-best fighter, Dekar, and assumed the middle, his mask turning him invisible to all but a few select mask powers. He walked forward into the throne room, walking quietly and eyeing the chaos that surrounded him. There was a single white unicorn with a blond mane lying across a huge black throne, wearing a large, and surprisingly effeminate, crown. He sighed, contentedly. Balta looked around one more time before closing the doors on the opposite side of the chamber. He fused them shut with fire, and then turned on the unicorn. He nudged the unicorn gently.

"Where is Makuta?" Balta asked, signalling for the other Toa to enter the room.

The Unicorn woke with a snarl. "You damned servants are still waking me?!!! I'm your all powerful gover-" he stopped when he laid eyes on the mechanical being in front of him. "Oh! Ohh, ehehhe... I, was just keeping it warm for him, honest!" The Unicorn quickly moved to the opposite end of the room, inching for the door. Dekar was there in an instant, his dagger flashing with lightning power.

"Keeping it warm for who?" Dekar asked suspiciously.

"Stop threatening him." Kazi interrupted. "Listen, we're here to stop that monster. Just lead us in the right direction and we'll get everything back to normal."

"Back... to how it was before?" Blueblood asked hesitantly, beginning to shake. A smile crept over his face. "Of course, come this way, he's made me one of his servants, by force of course, to think, my prayers were answered so quickly!"

Kazi frowned. "Damn, he's a snake."

Blueblood stopped, frowning. "What did you call me?!"

"ugh, listen, I'm the realist, not the pessimist, like Dekar over there. But I can read people. You're one of those people who can't handle ambition, and who'd side with monsters in hopes of going up a rank rather than actually protect his underlings."

"A snake." Piruk simplified.

"I, I would never! I never! You come into my throne room and insult my loyalty?! I was the Prince of Equestria! I was the heir! And now I'm in charge! Understand?! You things care so much about justice, get out of my castle!!"

A charger was pressed to his neck as the Spirit of Water slid down next to him. "We care about justice, not law. Now then, lead us to Makuta or I'll make you go blind." She whispered. His coat got a shade whiter.

~~~~

Brutaka watched as the six Toa left, and then teleported back to where Axonn was in 'Pony Ville'. "They're on their way, we should meet with this Princess then?"

"Yes. Mayor Mare, you know her, correct?"

"Ah, well, I wouldn't say I know her exactly, we've really only met a few times, and then we didn't talk much, and-"

Axonn turned to the tiny purple dragon who was poking his foot. "Yes?"

"I know the Princess, I actually spent most of my life with her."

"Good." Axonn motioned toward the portal. "We'll need you to act as the map, we don't know her exact location at the minute."

"Just a sec," Spike said, reaching for a quill. "Dear... map... sincerely, yours, Spike the Dragon." he burned the message and wiped his paws together. "Alright, she got the message, now we just wait for her to send me a map."

It took less than a minute before it came into existence above Spike. "Alright, now we can go."

There was then a lengthy process of Spike giving distance measures, which had to be translated into Kio, and then they would get out of the portal and look around, before getting back in and searching.

~~~~

Makuta marched back and forth in front of the remainder of the guard. "Pitiful... weak, organic, incompetent, without any special power..." He snapped his claws and watched with interest that he could literally make anything he wanted appear. One of the guards turned into a visorak, and the others tried to stay still as they saw it crawl around on four insect-like legs, giant pincers clicking crazily in an attempt to speak.

Makuta frowned and transformed the guard into a Skakdi, then a steltian, then a Zyglak. But he decided that with his power, he didn't need guards. As long as they could keep the ponies in line.. He snapped his claws one last time and returned the pony back to normal.

"Lord Makuta!" Blueblood called from down the hall.

"What is it Governor?" Makuta asked, reclining back in the air.

"I have several guests who would like a word with you."

Makuta felt the inflections in Blueblood's voice. Makuta Teridax was a genius, he had incredible senses as well, so even without a Kanohi Rode, he could almost always spot a lie. However, with Blueblood, it was somewhat more difficult. Blueblood's words were the opposite of a normal being's. Whenever a normal being lied, they usually kept with it a grain of truth.Whenever Blueblood told the truth he kept a grain of dishonesty. As such, it was normally hard to tell when Blueblood was just speaking, or really lying.

But now... this was just obvious. These were the words of a traitor. "Give me their names." Teridax said casually, listening to the other side of the door for what kind of Equestrian creature it might be.

"They didn't give them, sir. If you'd just meet with them I'm sure-"

A leg shifted. A mechanical leg. No, bio-mechanical.

Bionicle.

"Toa." He whispered. "Real, actual Toa..." He snapped his claw and transformed each of the dozen guards into Rahkshi of various kinds. "Destroy the beings on the other side of the door. If you don't... I don't know, I'll murder a hundred ponies?"

The newly-formed Rahkshi were hesitant, but the last words sent them into a rage.

They blasted through the wall with their new powers and began to brawl with the six Toa.

Piruk chopped his way through one of them, then blasted two more into the cieling with wind.

Dalu and Dekar got back to back and quickly disposed of any of the former guards who came within arm's or leg's reach.

Balta and Garan were next to each other, firing pulses and fireballs at the Rahkshi. Kazi froze two of them and knocked out another with an echo-fork blast.

The battle took less than a minute.

"I don't recognize any of you..." Makuta said climbing into the room and transforming the Rahkshi back into ponies. "Did Mata Nui create new Toa for the sole sake of finishing me off? I kept my end of the deal! I wasn't going to return! But now... Mata Nui broke the promise first and forced my hand."

The Toa looked at each other nervously. "Now!" Garan shouted, shooting a black wave of energy at Makuta. It was followed by five more colors, but Makuta teleported away.

"Not so fast, Toa. Now then, how about we make a deal? Mata Nui sends me some Matoran laborers, a certain hostage from his order, and you all pledge to serve me, and I'll allow you to post a warden to keep me here. It's not like I hate this world... in fact.... I'm the closest thing this world has to a Great Spirit already!!" He shoved his hand in the air and the roof of the room, and the towers above it, were blasted to pieces by the force. He gave a savage grin as he pulled back on the sky with Discord's magic, changing the day to night. He glanced upward as he rearranged the stars to show his mask. "I'm all-powerful here... and I promise to never leave, as long as you meet my demands... how about it, Toa?"

Balta pointed a reflector blade at Makuta and took a defiant stance. "We refuse to allow you to victimize this universe's inhabitants! We are going to destroy you, here, today."

Each of the Toa voiced a similar opinion, and they stood their ground, creating balls of elemental energy around their hands.

Makuta frowned. "So... there will be no compromise? It is unlike me to have to be the first to ask for peace. Honestly, I'm content here. You should have heard the stories of how well-run Metru Nui was under my command, I will be a useful and efficient ruler. All I really want are Matoran workers, simply because they're better than these ponies, you six as my guards, simply to inflate my ego, and Roodaka as my... er... hostage."

"We'll never give into your demands. Mata Nui may have sent you here, but we are here to keep you here, and to stop you from harming any more innocents!" Dekar shouted, throwing his energy sphere at Makuta, who teleported behind him and kicked him through the wall and into the sky.

"Well what do you know, the six are separated." Makuta said jovially. "You have no way to harm me now." He taunted.

Dalu charged forward, actually managing to strike Teridax, but her weapon bounced off his armor, not sufficiently sharp enough. Makuta gripped her in his claws and sighed, reclining into the throne he summoned and dangled her in front of his face, his body and throne steadily growing. "Let me go, monster!"

"Not convincing enough, ga-toa." Makuta opened his now-massive jaw and lifted her above it. "Now then Toa. Swear allegiance and say you'll follow my demands, or I'll consume your friend." The Toa froze, looking at each other and Dalu. Dalu gritted her teeth and growled, swinging her blade into Makuta's finger. His hand unclenched, sending her falling down into his mouth. He closed it immediately, severing her leg at the knee. He made a big show of swallowing and licking his lips. "Well? What now?"

The five remaining Toa howled in anger, firing beams of fire, ice, water, earth, stone, and wind into him. The powers seemed to reflect off his armor, and he smiled, reclining further into his throne. "This is pathetic. You know, it's a wonder I ever lost to Toa like you... my ego always getting the best of me I suppose. But now... now I can afford to indulge myself. I'm immortal now, truly, truly, immortal. All-powerful." The beams were still going, the Toa not caring or noticing they were having no effect, they were just putting their all into keeping the beams going. Makuta blinked, he was surprised he had taken this long to notice it. He snapped his claw and the ga-toa was teleported outside, he gasped as he expelled the bits of protodermis that was forming inside him subtly. "You got swallowed on purpose!" he screamed, towering over the bleeding toa. "That's it! I almost lost again! And just because I sat there and took your beams! Gloating!!!" He growled, the rage dissipating. "You know what... you Toa have taught me a valuable lesson. Even when I think I'm invulnerable... when I think I'm immortal... I should never let my pride get the best of me."

The Six Toa cowered as a wave of energy passed over them. "It... it's a fear blast... shield your minds!" Piruk growled, resisting it.

Dekar frowned and stepped forward, unaffected. "Fear doesn't cut it for you fearless heroes... eh?" Makuta waved his arm as a different wave passed over them. This time Dekar actually faltered, his body groaning. "How about hunger... it hurts your pride, doesn't it Toa? Matoran don't feel hunger, absorbing everything they need from their masks.. you Toa don't feel hunger either. How does it feel, heroes, to endure the pain of lowly creatures like Rahi?"

Dekar frowned and stood up again, throwing an electo-blade at Makuta. "Fire again!!" Dekar shouted, and six beams rose into the air.

Teridax sighed and snapped his claw, Dekar disappeared in a flash. "Where did you send him?!" Garan shouted, firing a beam.

"To the same place as you." Another claw snap, another teleport. The four remaining Toa looked at each other before each disappeared in a flash. "And that." He created six crystal balls, each one containing a Toa. He looked at them all, his fingers dancing over them. He paused over Balta. His thoughts turned to the ta-matoran Takua, who grew up to disperse him, nearly killing him. And before that.. to Vakama, the foolish Ta-toa who managed to steal the mask of time from him... he only needed to kill one of the Toa. That would end their united attack once and for all. He could pick off the others whenever he felt like it. He wouldn't kill them all of course, after all, if they were all dead, they'd be united again. But just one or two... Yes. It would be the fire Toa. He swished his finger and the ball containing Balta fell. "Solves that." The other five screamed silently as Balta's orb shattered. The glass pieces melting into the ground before disappearing with another flash.

Author's Note:

In case none of you noticed, I ship Makudaka. Or perhaps Roodax? Meh, they're the two best villains in the bionicle universe, and they saved each other's lives, even when they betray everyone else.

Comments ( 10 )

wow, you've done a really good job at this, this feels almost exactly like something greg farsthey himself would write. first off I love how deker is no longer boud to being hydraxon and, I also like that you chose the voya nui matoran to be the toa (I always liked them).teridax seems especially threatening. the only error I can see is that you stating toa and matoran never get hungry: while it is true that toa and matoran get energy from their masks that energy does not satisfy hunger but merely keeps them conscious and at normal strength, toa and matoran "eat" by touching fruit and other foods and absorbing the energy through touch. also greg himself stated that while residents of the matoran universe can feel love, they cant experience romantic love (and before roodakas and sidoraks "marriage is brought up, greg also said that that marriage means something different in the matoran universe). anyway spectacular job!:yay::pinkiehappy:

3020082 I didn't know about the hunger thing. I was looking over his list of powers, and remembered that they absorbed energy from their masks to stay alive. So, that's what that error came from. As for Roodaka and Teridax, I used the phrase 'ship' mostly for fun, but in my story, and I think in the third movie, it was love, but not romantic love, like you say. You see, Roodaka and Teridax are treacherous at heart. They value themselves above everything and everyone else, yet Roodaka admired Teridax, and risked her life to help him. Teridax himself, while I don't think it was as reciprocated in the books and movies as it is in my story, also admires her and did a selfless act for her. When she took the spinner attacks to free him he saved her afterward. She had fulfilled her purpose, and will potentially betray him, if it were anyone else he would have let them die, but in that case he saved her and healed her.
They sacrificed for each other, they admire each other. It's love, but not in a lustful sense. It's simultaneous respect, admiration, and trust. Which, considering these are the two least trustworthy people in the bionicle universe, is a big deal. So... they love each other, but not romantically. Just as two people who can trust each other.
I hope some of that made sense. :raritywink:

bionicle...I see what u did their :D

3020156 oh I see. I really like this fic, keep up the good work!:twilightsmile: and man its been forever since anything new in the bionicle story has come

3116011 There are things called Kralhi, but they were robots, not rahi.

Another very well done chapter. As KRH said, it really does seem like something Mr. Farshety himself would write.

3118955
Thank you for the stories.

8 months later.............

Will terridax lise in the end?

Login or register to comment