• Published 17th Dec 2012
  • 9,522 Views, 290 Comments

Magic of Love - MysteriousStranger



Twishy, contains AppleDash on future chapters.

  • ...
26
 290
 9,522

Chapter 12

Twilight found herself walking through a dark field. She couldn’t tell where she was; the unicorn was literally walking blind. She kept going, trying to shout for help, but she'd lost her voice at some point. Suddenly, a path with many trees appeared, but it was still very dark. There was no moon nor stars. As she continued along, Twilight started to hear the familiar crackling of fire. She started to trot, and, before she knew it, she was surrounded by flames. The path disappeared out of nowhere. She looked around for a way out, but she didn't find any.

All of a sudden, a thunder strucked. In its midst, a pony she knew and hated very much appeared. The cyan unicorn looked at her with a malicious expression and started to laugh. a thunder crashed down again, and an unconscious Fluttershy appeared behind Trixie, who wouldn't stop snickering.

Twilight tried to move over to Fluttershy, but she was quickly trapped by enchanted roots. The more she tried to fight back, the more tangled she became. The roots started to cover her, and soon her horn was completely concealed. Right before her sight was taken away from her, she saw Fluttershy completely surrounded by fire and Trixie still cackling, then, Darkness enveloped her entirely.

Twilight bolted upright, breathing fast. She found herself sitting back in Fluttershy's room. Slowly, she looked to her right and found Fluttershy sleeping peacefully with a smile on her face. Twilight sighed in relief and laid back again before kissing her lover’s forehead and embracing her tightly. It didn’t take long before her dreams found her, but she still was worried about Trixie and how long it would take before she found out they were still alive.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
The birds announced the arrival of a new day. They were perched on the bedroom’s window, waking up Fluttershy with their singing.

“Good morning, birdies. Good morning, Twilight.” She opened her eyes to find that she was alone. “Twilight?” She got off the bed and rushed downstairs. She stopped when she saw breakfast on the table and Twilight appeared from the kitchen.

“Good morning, Flutters. Did you sleep well?” The pegasus let out the breath she'd been holding.

“Oh, Twilight, I woke up alone and I thought that you...”

“That I left? Flutters, I wouldn’t leave without saying goodbye.” Twilight said as she approached to the pegasus and kissed her on the cheek. “I woke up early to prepare the books and since I had some free time, I prepared breakfast. You woke up right on time; I just finished!”

“Oh that’s nice of you. It looks delicious.”

“Help yourself!” Fluttershy took a bite and swallowed it.

“It is delicious!”

“I’m glad you like it.”

After breakfast, it was time for Twilight to leave. She put the books on the grass and turned to say goodbye to Fluttershy.

“Are you sure you can’t stay for a few more hours?”

“Sorry, Flutters, but I promised Spike I would get back to help him with the library. I have to be there before it opens.”

“I Understand…” Fluttershy stared at the floor, but the unicorn used a hoof to make the pegasus look into her eyes.

“Don’t be sad... We’ll still be seeing each other. We still have Pinkie’s party and our date, not to mention our future. We have plenty of time to spend together and someday I will move here, I promise.” Fluttershy stared into her purple eyes--the eyes she loved so much. Every time she looked into them, all her problems seemed to disappear. She was hypnotized by her marefriend's beauty. Fluttershy took Twilight's hoof with her own without breaking eye contact.

“You're worth the wait, Twilight... I'll be patient. I… I…”

“Yes?”

“Can I… Kiss you…?”

“Of you can, 'Shy.” Fluttershy timidly leaned toward Twilight's lips and gently pressed them with her own. Twilight moved her hooves around the pegasus' neck while she kissed her. Fluttershy barely opened her eyes, not expecting that. Just as quickly, she closed them again and focused on the kiss. After a few seconds, they broke it. Both ponies stared at each other lovingly with their muzzles only inches apart.

“I wanted to thank Angel, but he isn’t here. Can you thank him for me?”

“Sure… I’ll do it as soon as he wakes up. He gets in a bad mood if I wake him up early…” They giggled but they stopped abruptly. Twilight stroked her lover’s mane and kissed her on the forehead.

“Take care, Flutters. I love you.”

“I-I Love you too, Twilight…” The unicorn turned around and lifted the books with magic. She gave one last look at Fluttershy, waved, and started walking to the library. Fluttershy watchedher until she'd disappeared and entered her house.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

“Your dear sister, Twily.”

“Done!”

“Send it, Spike!” The dragon used his fire breath to send the letter.

“Good, that was the last one. Now Princess Celestia, my parents, and my BBBFF know about my relationship with Fluttershy. It’s official now! I can cross it from my list to do today, so what’s next?”

“Let me see… You have to get ready to go to Pinkie’s party, which is in half an hour!”

“What, so soon?!”

“Yep, you better get ready…!”

“Oh no, I’m going to be late! How does my hair look? I need to take a bath! Spike, why didn’t you tell me before?!”

“I didn’t know what time it was until I looked at the clock; I’m sorry Twilight!”

“Okay, just calm down… I have to take a bath… I wanted to pick up Fluttershy, but there’s no time… I have to hurry!”

It took Twilight twenty minutes to get ready. Spike tried to tell her something the whole time after she took a bath, but she kept reminding him to bring it up later. In her rush, she left the door open, forcing Spike to close it himself.

“I guess I’ll have to give her the letters later…”

____________________________________________________________________________________________

“Eat all the cake you can! There’s enough for everypony!” Pinkie Pie skipped to where Applejack and Rainbow Dash were.

“Hi there, how’s the Punch?!”

“Best punch I've ever tried!”

“Yeah, you've outdone yourself this time, Sugarcube. Your parties only get better!”

“I’m glad that you like it; only the best for my friends!” She hugged both of them. “Drink all you want, and don’t forget about the cake!”

“We… Won’t, Sugarcube…” Pinkie suddenly broke away from her crushing embrace, making both ponies fall onto the floor. “I wonder where Twilight is… I think I should ask Fluttershy!” She hopped to where Rarity and Fluttershy were.

“Hi there, having fun?!”

“Oh, I have to say, Pinkie Pie, your party is magnificent. The food and the drinks... Simply delicious!”

“I’m happy to hear that! Listen, Fluttershy, do you know where Twilight is?”

“N-No… She was supposed to be here already. She promised…”

“Don’t worry, darling, she’s probably late.” And in that exact moment, there was a knock at the door. Pinkie Pie opened it.

“Twilight, oh goodie, you made it!” Twilight was exhausted. There was no doubt she'd come as fast as she could.

“Sorry, Pinkie… I was busy and... didn’t realize how late… it was…”

“Don’t worry, Twilight. Come in and have fun!”

“Thanks… I just need a second…” Twilight breathed hard a few moments more before getting back to normal.

“Alright... I’m hungry, so I'll eat some cake if you don’t mind.”

“Eat all you want, Twilight, it’s your party!” Pinkie Pie said before turning to see the rest of her friends. "Alright everypony, the guest of honor is here, so let’s get this party started!”

____________________________________________________________________________________________

In the midst of the party, Twilight and Fluttershy were dancing on one side whereas Pinkie and Rarity were talking while drinking punch. Rainbow Dash and Applejack snuck out quietly, but Twilight had noticed, stopping her dancing.

“Fluttershy, did you see that?”

“What?”

“Applejack and Rainbow Dash. They just left without us."

"Why would they do that...?"

“I don’t know, but we're going to find out. Come on, Fluttershy!” But they couldn’t just leave without telling anypony, so Twilight approached to the party pony. “Pinkie Pie, we're going out to breathe some air. We’ll be back in a few minutes.”

“Okie dokie lokie!”

“Stay safe, darlings!” Twilight smiled and went outside, Fluttershy trailing behind.

“Let’s see… Where can they be?”

“Twilight, look!” Twilight turned to where Fluttershy was pointing and saw a rainbow colored tail disappear around the corner.

“Let’s follow them, they can’t go far from Sugarcube Corner.” They followed the two ponies and saw that they were heading to an alley. “That’s doesn’t make sense... What are they doing over there?”

“Please don’t leave me behind…!”

“Of course not. Stay close to me, Flutters.” They arrived at the alley and they hid behind the corner. “Alright, when I say 'now,' we jump out and surprise them, okay?”

“I don’t know, Twilight… They seem like they don’t want to tell us… Maybe if we wait…”

“What secret could they be trying to hide? I have to know what they're doing and why they aren’t telling us…” Fluttershy tried to protest again, but she was cut off by Twilight’s hoof.

“Ready? Now!” The unicorn jumped into the alley.

“There you are! What are you…? Oh!” Twilight stood stock still, unable to move her eyes from the scene while Fluttershy slowly showed herself.

“Twilight? What’s wrong?” She tried to make the unicorn react by waving her hoof in front of her eyes, but it didn't work. She looked to where her marefriend was staring, and saw the reason for Twilight's sudden silence. Rainbow Dash was hugging Applejack, both of them looking at the mares who'd just discovered them. “What are you doing over there…?”

“We were just…” Rainbow tried to explain, but she was cut off by Twilight.

“They were… Kissing…!”

Author's Note:

Sub-Plot everypony, my other shipping! XD
I understand that some of you might be confused but I never really wrote any Rarijack, there was another reason for Applejack to be nervous and in a hurry... And now you know why! :)
Read the description, there I say there would be AppleDash ;)
Thanks again for all your comments! :D
I want to thank Blue Dragon for her help on cheking the chapter before its release!
Edit: Chapter revised, there should be less mistakes now.