• Published 17th Dec 2012
  • 9,524 Views, 290 Comments

Magic of Love - MysteriousStranger



Twishy, contains AppleDash on future chapters.

  • ...
26
 290
 9,524

Chapter 11

“You really don't have to do this... My head isn’t aching too much now.”

“Oh, no, you stay in bed. I promised to take care of you, now wait there while I bring you your soup!”

“You don’t need to do this…”

“But I want to. Wait here, please!” Fluttershy hurried downstairs, leaving Twilight alone. She could get up, but if she did it would start another quarrel, and she didn’t want that.

The whole cottage was a mess. Fluttershy told Twilight about how she was going to move out before she was taken away. She explained her everything and Twilight understood, but made the pegasus promise to not to do something like that again. Fluttershy didn’t have time to clean her house because she was too busy taking care of Twilight and the forest ctitters. The unicorn tried to convince her to take a break, but she refused to do so. Fluttershy barely slept since they got back from the hospital two days ago. The pegasus had prohibited Pinkie Pie from throwing a party until Twilight felt better.

The purple unicorn found herself reading most of the time. She had a lot of books from the library with her since she had asked Spike to bring a bunch of them to Fluttershy's cottage. He came back a little later, along with Rarity, who carried most of them with her magic.

“You know, Twilight Sparkle, you shouldn’t make my poor Spikey Wikey work too much. Look how exhausted he is! He's lucky that I found him or else he would have collapsed before getting here!” Twilight knew that Rarity was right, but she needed to study. Fortunately, Fluttershy let her read and use magic. She was also visited by her friends, and all of them told Fluttershy that she was ready to move around the house. Each time, however, the pegasus said she wanted to make sure Twilight was completely healed. They couldn’t do anything to convince her.

“I’m coming!” She heard the voice she loved from the stairs and, soon, Fluttershy entered the room with soup. “Be careful, it’s hot!”

“Thanks, Flutters!” Twilight said, putting the book aside and took the plate and spoon with her magic. “But I told you that I feel better now…”

“I want to make sure you’re completely fine... I think that we removed the bandages too soon…”

“No, can’t you see? No more blood. The wound is healed; it’s just aching a little now…”

“I’m not convinced… What if it starts bleeding again?”

“It won’t. I’m a lot better now!”

“Just to make sure, you’ll stay here for a couple more days…”

“Fine... But then, I’ll get up. Now go get some sleep, you've barely slept these past two days…”

“I can’t sleep! I need to take care of you!”

“I’ll be fine, 'Shy. I’ll just be here reading, and I won’t need anything. Now please go to sleep… For me?” Fluttershy wanted to argue, but she really needed a nap.

"O-Okay... but don’t move from there, okay?” She said after letting a yawn out.

“I won’t move, I promise.”

“And, Twilight?”

“Yes?” She was silent for a few moments, but finally managed to talk.

“I love you…”

“I love you too, Fluttershy.” Fluttershy smiled and closed the door behind her. It was still hard for her to express her feelings; she would always hesitate when telling her how much she loved her or would always ask before kissing and hugging her. Twilight knew how shy she could be so didn’t force her to change herself. She was certain that Fluttershy would get confidence over time. Twilight was getting tired, too. It was late, and she couldn’t keep her eyes open to read more, so she had to call it a night.

____________________________________________________________________________________________


Twilight woke up early the next morning. For the past two days, Fluttershy had woken up first and made her breakfast, but not this time. Twilight decided to get up and go out quietly, trying not to wake up her marefriend if she was asleep. She found Fluttershy sleeping on her couch. The pegasus looked so beautiful when she was resting peacefully... The unicorn almost joined her, but she needed to be outside again, to walk and breathe the morning air. Twilight walked as quietly as she could to the door and opened it slowly. She stepped outside, turning to see the pegasus one last time in her sleep.

“Sorry Flutters, but I need to do it…” She whispered, closing the door behind her. She could not describe the pleasure of the wind blowing her mane. She'd missed it so much despite being trapped inside only a few days and she felt so happy to feel the grass touching her hooves once again. She decided to see the forest critters first, curious to see what they did when Fluttershy wasn’t around. Maybe they needed something and she could help them.

Twilight started to walk towards some trees when Angel started to jump in front of her, moving his paws in front of him. She wasn't sure where he'd come from, but he seemed to be trying to tell her something.

“Oh, Angel, I see you’re up too! No, I won’t go back inside until I've had enough fresh air. I've been indoors for far too long...” The small rabbit stopped jumping. He let Twilight go, but insisted on following her. She couldn’t say no to him. When they arrived, she saw the birds singing happily and the small earth animals playing. When they noticed Twilight, they didn’t approach her. But the second the animals saw Angel with her, they surrounded her. She started to laugh and watch them run around her. Twilight didn’t want to go back inside, at least not for now.

Hours passed by, but Twilight hadn’t realized it. She was having a lot of fun with the forest critters and she could finally understand why Fluttershy loved them so much. She spent the morning there, playing with them.

“Come on, you cutie, do you want your nut? I know you’re hungry.” She was trying to offer a squirrel an acorn, but it didn’t take it. “Why don’t you want this delicious nut? It’s good for you!” But at that exact moment, Angel jumped up desperately, trying make Twilight move. “What is it, Angel? Why are you being so…” But her questions were answered when she saw a yellow pegasus approaching her.

“Twilight, what are you doing here?! You can’t go out!” The unicorn gulped.

“Flutters, I needed some fresh air and I…!”

“What if you get bad again? I’m not going to let that happen, come on, get back inside!” Fluttershy tried to pull her inside with her own hooves but Twilight resisted.

“Fluttershy, you're being overprotective! I’m fine now; my head isn’t ashing anymore and it's all thanks to being here all morning, so, please, calm down!” Twilight didn’t know how harsh she was being with her until she saw Fluttershy sobbing.

“I'm only doing it because I love you and I'm worried. It hurt me to see you in that hospital, and I don’t want to see you like that again. Having you at my home was so exciting, too, I didn’t want you to...”

“You didn’t want me to leave?” Fluttershy closed her eyes and nodded. Twilight walked to her and wiped her tears away. She used her hooves to make the other pony look into her eyes. “Fluttershy, I have to go back to the library at some point. It’s too soon for us to be living together. We literally started dating a few days ago, and, besides, we'll be seeing each other regularly like we did before getting together. I still owe you a good date, remember?”

“Yes… I haven’t forgotten about that…”

“I’m thankful that you looked after me, but I feel better now.” She leaned towards Fluttershy's forehead and kissed her there. “I will never leave you, Flutters. You mean everything to me. The day you showed me your love, everything changed for the better. I love you so much and nothing will ever change that. I won’t let you go and I know that you won’t let me go, either.”

“I would never do that! Why would I? I love you! Twilight… Can I… Kiss you…?”

“You don’t have to ask Flutters, I already told you that.” Twilight leaned closer again, but this time aimed for her lips and initiated a passionate kiss. All the worry Fluttershy had suddenly disappeared the moment she felt their lips join. Nothing mattered now; it was just them.

They broke the kiss after hearing a weird noise. Both ponies looked down and saw Angel looking at them with an annoyed expression.

“Oh, Angel... I haven’t forgotten about you. Let’s go inside; I’ll give you something to eat. Shall we go in Twilight? I won’t force you to lay on the bed again...”

“Yes. I don’t know about you, but I’m starving. Let’s have lunch!”

“Good idea. You’re my guest and I’ll make you anything you want!”

____________________________________________________________________________________________


After lunch, they decided to visit their friends. They went the whole way with their tails joined. Twilight was the one who made the move first while she walked as close as she could. When they arrived, some ponies looked at them strangely. Fluttershy buried her face in her lover’s mane in embarrassment, but Twilight didn’t care about them; she was just showing that she was in love.

“Hey, Twilight, it’s good to see you up again!” Rainbow Dash left her cloud to talk with her friends.

“Oh, hi, Rainbow Dash. It feels good to walk again!”

“I see that you two are really... close today. Promise that you won’t get too corny around me, okay?”

“Oh, I don’t know, Rainbow... we are so in love, I don’t think I can promise you that.” Twilight said while leaning her head on Fluttershy’s pink mane.

“At least keep it to a minimum!”

“What is it, Rainbow, jealous?”

“What?! No! I can’t stand corny things and you know it!”

“I was just playing with you! We're going to see Pinkie Pie, are you coming with us?”

Dash took a deep breath, obviously relaxing from what Twilight had said. “Nah, I was just taking a break. I have to move some clouds now, see ya!”

“Okay, catch you later!” Twilight watched her friend leave with a suspicious look and then turned to see her pegasus still hiding.

“What is it, Flutters? Are you too nervous?” She nodded timidly. “I’m sorry, 'Shy, but I want everypony to know that I love you. Now, come on, let’s see Pinkie Pie to tell her to throw that party she promised. It'll be fun!”

They entered Sugarcube Corner and were surprised when they only found Pinkie Pie inside.

“Hey, Fluttershy! Hey, Twilight! It’s good to see you back on your hooves!”

“Hey, Pinkie, where are Mr. and Mrs. Cake?” Twilight managed to ask before Pinkie Pie bounced on her to give her a big hug. “Wow, Pinkie Pie... I’m glad to see you too!”

“Now that you're okay I can throw you a party! I’m so excited, I have to make the invitations! Are you going to come? Of course you will; it’s your party! And you, Fluttershy? Of course, silly! Oh, I have to bake a cake, make the punch... Sorry for asking you to leave, but I have a party to plan! Thanks for coming, see you soon!” Before they knew what was happeing, they were outside and the door was closed.

“Well, that’s Pinkie Pie! Let's go, Flutters, we should go see Rarity next!”

“Okay…” They headed towards Carousel Boutique, but they stopped when they saw Applejack coming out. She was moving quietly, almost like she didn’t want to be seen.

“Hey Applejack!” The farmer pony stood still and looked slowly to where she heard the voice coming from.

“Howdy there, Twilight, Fluttershy... Sorry, Ah’ can’t stay and talk, but ah’ have to go now!” She trotted away from her friends, still speaking. “It’s good to see you as good as an Apple tree in Applebuck season, Twi, see you later!” She was gone.

“That was weird, don’t you think Flutters?”

“Y-Yeah, why would she leave like that? Does she hate us…? I wouldn’t forgive myself if she did..."

“Nah, she doesn’t hate us, but she’s definitely up to something… Maybe she'll tell us soon.”

“I hope so…”

____________________________________________________________________________________________


“Twilight, Fluttershy, darlings! What brings you two here? Not that I’m complaining, but I’m very busy at the moment.” The visitors looked around. The place was a mess.

“Somepony gave you too much work…?” The pegasus kept looking at the disaster zone.

“No dear, it’s just that I've been working here and have been checking the library these past days. Spikey Wikey can’t take care of it all by himself.”

“Oh, the library! I should have gone there first!” Fluttershy looked at her partner, ashamed.

“Sorry, Twilight… It’s my fault… I should have let you go check the library earlier…” Twilight looked at her with a smile on her face.

“You aren't at fault, Fluttershy. You were just worried about me, but I should go to the library now and let Spike know that I’ll be back tomorrow. Rarity, thanks for letting us know but I should get going!”

“Don’t mention it. You better go before Spike collapses!” They rushed towards the library and Twilight continually knocked at the door until Spike finally opened it with a huff.

“I opened it, calm down! Twilight?”

“Hey Spike, sorry for…” But the baby dragon jumped on her without warning, causing both of them to tumble over.

“Twilight, you're okay! Thank Celestia you’re fine... You have no idea how hard it was for me. Taking care of the library isn't as easy as it sounds!”

“That’s why I’m here, Spike. I came to apologize and to tell you that I’ll be back tomorrow…” Spike moved to help Twilight get up.

“You will? Hooray! I should write to the Princess! She was going to come see you herself, but royal duties called first. She'd normally postpone it but it was really important this time.”

“I know she's busy, but I’m glad that she tried to come.”

“Why wouldn’t she? You're her best student, Twilight!”

“Yes, that’s me..." Twilight said blushining slightly." Do you think you’ll be able to survive another day, Spike? Tomorrow I’ll be back for sure.”

“I'll be okay for one more day… It wasn’t so bad, I had the chance to work with Rarity…”

“Spike…”

“Do you need me to go help you pack?”

“No, you've already done enough for me. Thanks again, Spike!” She gave him a hug that was quickly returned.

“Fluttershy?” Spike looked at the timid pegasus, who'd remained quiet up to this point.

“Y-Yes…?”

“Don’t be shy, join us!” She hesitantly joined the hug.

“Thanks for taking care of her, Fluttershy…”

“S-Sure...”

____________________________________________________________________________________________


“You've been quiet while we visited our friends... Is everything okay?”

“Huh? No, it’s nothing…” They'd just finished dinner at Fluttershy’s cottagr and Twilight noticed that Fluttershy was heading to the couch.

“Where are you going?”

“To sleep…?”

“Don’t be silly Flutters, come to bed with me!” Fluttershy blushed.

“Bed… with you…?”

“Sure, why not?” Fluttershy hesitated but finally agreed.

“Okay…” They headed to the bedroom where Twilight was the first to lay on the bed. “Come on 'Shy, let me cuddle with you!” The pegasus slowly stretched on the bed and Twilight embraced her as soon as she'd put the blanket over them.

“See? How are you feeling?”

“You… You’re comfortable… I want to stay like this…”

“You're really cute, Flutters... Now, let’s sleep!”

“Twilight…”

“Yes? Tell me.”

“About today… I was silent because I was worried about everypony staring at us. I was worried about what they were thinking…”

“Oh, Fluttershy, you shouldn’t worry about them... Who cares about what they think? It’s not like we are the only mare couple in Ponyville.”

“I know… But I felt like running and hiding here… But when I saw you full of confidence and our tails joined… I calmed down a little, but I was still unable to talk… Sorry if I embarrassed you…”

“Fluttershy, you will never embarrass me. Never...”

“Thanks, Twilight… I… I love you…” The unicorn gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

“I love you too, Flutters… Now let’s sleep. We have a big day tomorrow.”

Author's Note:

Hey look, a longer chapter! XD
I want to thank Blue Dragon for her help checking this story! :)
Edit: Chapter revised. There should be less mistakes now.