• Published 16th Dec 2012
  • 4,155 Views, 118 Comments

Thirty-Minute Pony Stories - Silvernis



Stuff I wrote for Thirty-Minute Pony Stories.

  • ...
1
 118
 4,155

PreviousChapters Next
343: Your Lips Are Like Wine

343: YOUR LIPS ARE LIKE WINE


I warned Twilight that our special reserve has quite a kick, but I don’t think she was expectin’ it to be quite so, well . . . kicky. The rest of the girls have had it before, so they knew to take it slow, but this was Twi’s first time, and she downed her mug like it was normal cider. Oh, the look on her face! I think she was havin’ a hard time decidin’ if she wanted to be sick or if she wanted more. Sweet Apple Acres Special Reserve bein’ what it is, though, you can guess what she settled on after a minute.

In hindsight, I probably shouldn’t’ve let her have that second mug right away, but she was gettin’ so giggly and excited that I just couldn’t say no. It was nice seein’ her let her mane down, so to speak. I ain’t exactly a party animal myself, but I do know how to unwind, if’n you know what I mean. Twilight Sparkle, though—she spends so much time with her nose in a book that I didn’t think she rightly knew how to cut loose now and then.

But then she started gettin’ . . . well, frisky, I guess you could say. Frisky with a particular blue pegasus.

Now I ain’t blind. I’d seen Twilight blush and get tongue-tied enough to figure out that she had it bad for Dash, but she’d never admitted it to anypony, least not as far I as knew. I suspect she was worried that Dash wouldn’t feel the same way ’bout her, and she didn’t want to risk upsettin’ their friendship. Between you and me? I think me and the girls are the first friends she’s ever really had outside of Spike, and I think the poor thing was terrified of messin’ that up with romance, ’specially if that romance were only one-sided.

With two big mugs of special cider in her, though . . . well, you know what alcohol can do to a pony. Twilight stumbled over to the couch where Dash was sittin’ and started slidin’ closer and closer until finally she was right up against her. She was smilin’ all the while, this goofy, naughty smile that I never expected to see on a bookworm like Twilight Sparkle. Then she giggled, leaned in real close, and told Dash that she was beautiful and made her hot under the tail. ’Bout as subtle as a chargin’ manticore, heh heh.

I ain’t never seen RD’s wings pop that fast, or her face get that red! Me and the rest of the girls couldn’t help laughin’, even prim-and-proper Rarity, but Twi was plenty serious, and Dash was plenty serious back. She smiled at Twilight, lookin’ almost shy, then said she was beautiful, too. I knew it weren’t just the drink talkin’, either. I do represent the element of honesty, after all, and I could see the truth glimmerin’ in her eyes. Both their eyes, really.

Well, you can imagine how happy that made Twilight. She giggled again, then practically pounced on Dash and kissed her, and Dash kissed her back. Dear sweet Celestia, they kissed and twisted their tails together and kissed and licked and kissed and nibbled and—oh, ponyfeathers. I ain’t gonna lie. Dash and Twi are both fine-lookin’ mares, and watchin’ them go at it on the couch right there in front of us got me more’n a little warm, too.

Anyhow, it was pretty clear they weren’t gonna be stoppin’ anytime soon, so I suggested as politely as I could that maybe they take it out to the barn. Honestly, I wouldn’t’ve minded if they stayed where they were, and I don’t think the other girls would’ve, either, but Applebloom and Granny Smith were sleepin’ upstairs. The last thing I needed was Applebloom wanderin’ down to see Ponyville’s librarian and weather manager gettin’ wild on our couch. Fortunately, Twi and Dash didn’t much care. They jumped up and staggered outside, half-draggin’ each other to the barn, kissin’ all the way.

I’ll just say they weren’t quiet, but me and the rest of the girls left them alone for the rest of the night. They wandered back in the next day while the rest of us were sittin’ down to lunch. Standin' close to each other, they looked silly and sheepish and completely in love. I grinned and asked ’em if they’d had a good night, and they smiled and nodded. Then Twi blushed a little and promised me that she'd get me a new lasso. Dash just chuckled.

I don’t wanna know.

Author's Note:

Sheesh, been a while. Anyhow, I had a lot of fun with this one. I think it's the first time I've written first-person Applejack.

Speaking of AJ: you might have noticed that I didn't render her country drawl quite so literally here as I've done in other pieces. After careful consideration, I've decided that the accent (1) is ultimately too distracting for the reader; (2) sometimes makes AJ sound a little too rustic; and (3) is a real PITA to write.

PreviousChapters Next