• Published 8th Apr 2013
  • 2,056 Views, 48 Comments

Equestrian Heroes: The Meda Hero, The Crash Knight and The Net Ronin - SoonToBeWriterBrony



Every villain has a story and motivation. Every villain falls to defeat by the hero. But for Crashman, he welcomes his defeat. Crashman wished that he did not have to be the villain but to be the hero, yet here he was following his programing by Dr W

  • ...
1
 48
 2,056

Chapter 9: The Dragonfly,The Bee and Bureaucracy.

Commander Yammark stepped out the improvised static-pod, with the main computer and Shadowman giving her a clean bill of health (in the terms of programing) however her secret has now been leaked to the Maverick Hunter Leader MedaBee as he poured over her data. So for, he seems to be keeping it to himself but she could only pray to whatever deity that would listen to her, that Skiver didn't find out yet. She didn't really understand the yellow reploid, as he seemed to be giving out orders to anyone of the ponies who were in earshot in a rather crude way. He also keep referring to one of the privates as Mr-stick-up-his-butt for some reason or another. She didn't know how such a rude reploid could even be chosen to be the squad leader let alone the leader of Equestira's entire Maverick Hunting force.

"You alright there Yammark?" asked Crashman as she turned to look at the orange reploid," What's on your mind? You look like you're processing a lot of data there."

"Just thinking," answered Yammark," Say have you known High Commander MedaBee for long?"

"High Commander? Oh right the rank thing. Nah not really and don't say that to his face, MedaBee may be in charge but he doesn't like the rank very much."

"I... see, however may I ask a question then?"

"Go ahead."

"Why do you follow him then? From the sounds of it he doesn't seem to know how to lead very well."

Crashman chuckled a little before answering," Yeah he doesn't seem to be the type now does he? Crude, Rude and rather a smart ass, reminds me of a particular red bot back home, but it really just who MedaBee is. From what I heard and been told, MedaBee there has fought and won for a good 50+ years. All the while in a tag team formation with his partner, a human named Ikki providing the plans and MedaBee will follow them, sometimes improvising a lot along the way. compared to me and Shadowman, MedaBeee has a lot more combat experience and as he puts it, known how to deal with Charlie Foxtrot situations. Whatever that means."

"So he is in charge just because he is the oldest here? Shouldn't there be someone else who should be higher rank then him?"

"Yeah according to Princess Luna, We don't follow the normal command structure, so we only answer to the Princesses. Something about not letting normal ponies get a hand in our tech just yet."

"That I have to agree with." said MedaBee as he butted into the conversation," We already have eight REF ponies in the hospital due to training accidents with the captured Hawk Ride Armors. Come on Yammark, we got a few things to get done before you join Skiver as a team."

"Really? You're going to just let me and Skiver-"

"I already have my reservations on that but Celestia tells me you two work together well. That and we do need a team in the sky so the two of you are stuck together. Once we have trained one of the ponies to join your squad, then you'll be a full team but for now its just going to be you and Skiver."

"Really we are going to have pony Maverick Hunters teams as well? Aren't they a little...."

"With what Vile put out last night? We have no choice. For now its just response teams and a few scouts. Once we are sure they can handle it I'll form a combat team with just ponies. Anyway I'll need you with me for now Yammark, We got to deal with something which is a more pain in the butt than Vile."

"Which is?"

"Nobility."

*****

"When you said deal with I assumed it was with a good plasma cannon to the face," quietly grumbled Yammark.

"Please don't give me tempting ideas. At this point I seriously want to do it just to shut the idiot up," answered MedaBee as he sat and listen Prince Blueblood go on and on about how only Unicorn Nobles should be allowed to become Maverick Hunters which carried on for another hour.

"-and futhermore to instill that-"

"Stop," said MedaBee as he held up his hand much to Yammark's surprise. From what she has observe, the High Commander did have a temper and he should by now have started yelling, not that he arrogant prince didn't deserve it."

"Now Blueblood, what are you trying to pull here? I cannot just limit the Maverick Hunters to just one race of ponies and furthermore just one social class of ponies? Even if we were a few thousand strong Blueblood, that still is a silly Idea which WILL," which MedaBee emphasize by standing up," screw us up the ass so hard that the Mavericks will steamroll over all our forces. Right now we are LUCKY that two of the Maverick forces decided that our team, while still massively underpowered, is the better team."

"But High Commander-"

"Nope, going to cut you off there Blueblood. Now I do have a list of ponies who have proven themselves to be inducted into the first round of ponies and the Council of Nobles was organized a meeting today for the purpose that hwile all the ponies on this list are commendable and skilled, its still to many ponies to be inducted for the first round of Equestrian Maverick Hunters. We don't have the technology to equip all of them."

"Oh PLEASE!" shouted Baron Heavy Lance, a fat pegasus noblepony who had a hoof deep within Equestria's Military Airship construction," I and many other nobles here saw those, Ride Armors things eh? and I'm pretty sure you have enough-"

"You are incorrect in your assumption Baron Lance," interrupted and countered Yammark," Those are captured Maverick vehicles, and you ponies don't have the technology to manufacturing them yet. Even then you have about two dozen Armors and they are getting damaged from training some of your military who are trying to learn how to use them. In the end there will be like what one dozen heck one and a half dozen armors left by the time their done? The fact is right now you don't have the means to build the firepower even if the Princesses gave you the blueprints."

"So what we don't have the way to build them? What about materials?" asked Lady Diamond Crown, an earthpony, who owned a large part of the Metal Mining industry," As I have submitted before my commercial stores have been raided by the Mavericks, most which I am assuming went into the construction of the Giant."

"Yeah I remember the report milday" answered MedaBee which caused the young pony to blush a little," It is true we have the raw materials and the magic to make Reploid Tech." This caused many of the nobles to whisper and talk around themselves but quite down when MedaBee held up his hand," But without the tools they are worthless, and even if we had the tools and the gear, we don;t have enough ponies skilled at using it. All we got is the two back at the refurbish lab making more gear from captured or damaged parts. And even then they are winging it."

"Then get someone who understand it," shouted somepony. That somepony was the Duke of Manehatten, Quick Wit.

"...We are working on it," answered MedaBee," But there is a problem with that."

"Oh and what's that, High Commander?" asked Blueblood though gritted teeth," What is the problem? JUST DO IT ALREADY!!"

"So you want more of my kind showing up your ass Blueblood?"

"MedaBee what are you talking about?" whispered Yammark.

The entire room was silent as Blueblood stood there stunned. MedaBee looked in the eye of all of the nobles gathered before continuing," Ladies and Gentlecolts, right now my squad mate Crashman is currently in negotiations to bring in more reploids into the fold as Scientist and Manufactorers. These reploids will be integrated into Equestrian society and become Equestrian citizens."

The silent was thick enough that a pony would need a sharpen sword to cut though, Heavy Lance however broke it by laughing," And so the plot thickens eh? So we will have reploids living with us too eh? So will they be replacing Equestrian then?"

"No they are not, they will not be combat ready reploids. Maybe somewhere far down the line where they are born and built here but not now."

"So I have to ask," said Diamond Crown," What happens after? Once this is all done and the Mavericks are done and buried? All of reploids go home or are they staying?"

"Its a one way trip," said MedaBee," So they will be staying as are we."

"I believe," said Fancy Pants as he was one of the major nobles in Canterlot," We would need another session or two before we can settle all concerns, do you agree High Commander?"

"You got it Fancy, let's dismiss for now and reconvene tomorrow, ok everypony."

"Many agreed while some grumbled, the council was adjourned and the Hunters went to a private room to discuss.

*****

"Whats this all about Yammark?" asked MedaBee after Yammark closed the door.

"Do you have any idea what would happen if reploids come from-"

"Yammark, I know your worried that any reploid coming here will go maverick or hurt you. BUT it is not my decision to bring them here, that is assuming we can in the first place."

"No YOU don't understand MedaBee, what of the Sigma Virus? That thing has plagued every reploids it cam in contact with save for one Hunter."

"Well that is also the problem. Face it Yammark since Vile came here, Equestria is forever changed. All we can do is prepare and well deal with what we got and for now we just have to accept that reploids have to be apart of this world."

"....I still don't like it." said Yammark with real concern," I mean, I was a registered Maverick and not to mention being dead and all. What would..."

"Well I think a lot of shock will be in for with some of the reploids coming. Especially with Vile and all. Look if you are REALLY worried, I'll convince Celestia and Luna to only bring enough for our needs. We will have to train a lot of the Euqestrians on how to use and make reploid tech anyway."

"I do hope we can do it, and not screw up MedaBee..."

"I know and don't worry." said MedaBee as he left the room," I have not failed yet."

**Elsewhere**

Shadowman stood at what used to be a large inactive volcano along side with Skiver. The former Maverick who was flanked by two Lunar Guards looked at what used to be Vile's command post to find it completely deserted. Safe for a few Hoganmers and some small electronic spiders, the base was stripped down to its bare components.

"Well we assumed correct. They vacated as fast as they could but the only question is now is where they have fled off to?" said Shadowman with a sigh.

"Unknown sir," answered Skiver," It is very likely that Vile had already a few bases in mind and kept hidden until it was time to move."

"Right moving on. I'm pretty sure they left a few surprises here for us to deal with." said Nightwing as he putted another electronic spider," What's with all the robo-spiders anyway?"

"AH that would be me little pony," said a voice from the vents," Names Web Spider, defensive expert extraordinaire and you lot are trespassing."

"Well come on Web," said Skiver," They are with me and the Maverick Hunters."

"Ah Skiver! Good to hear from you but I can't. Not right now anyway, Dragoon need as much help as he can with Double and Cyber Peacock searching though the ranks for traitors. Listen, you need to grab the purple spider I have hidden around somewhere here and bring it back to the Hunters HQ. In it is the location of one of our factory bases, however its guarded by the Storm brothers. Just to let you guys know its juts me and Magma Dragoon left. The others have either been reformatted or shown true loyalty to Vile."

"Can't you desert right now Web? We could really use your-"

"Sorry Skiv, I would like to but that would out Dragoon to Double. For now just get going. And I'm getting out of here. Oh and say Hi to Yammark for me, the crazy git owes me a favor!"

Shadowman and Skiver discussed their next move while the two Lunar Guard searched for the elusive purple robo-spider.

**Meanwhile**

Crashman readied his new hover boots for testing. Built from reverse engendering Maoh the Gaint's own repulser system, his would allow him some maneuverability while on the moon with Princess Luna. Right now he was practicing before the lunar mission as Luna was still weak form the attack. He couldn't wait to meet X and his Maverick Hunters. What he didn't know was that X would seem very similar to a particular blue robot.

Author's Note:

Holy crap I took a while with this didn't I, Sorry since I'm almost late here here is this months chapter and I hope you all like it!

Until Next Time.
HENSHIN!

As usual here are the reploids mentioned. For now its only one this time.