• Published 8th Apr 2013
  • 2,046 Views, 48 Comments

Equestrian Heroes: The Meda Hero, The Crash Knight and The Net Ronin - SoonToBeWriterBrony



Every villain has a story and motivation. Every villain falls to defeat by the hero. But for Crashman, he welcomes his defeat. Crashman wished that he did not have to be the villain but to be the hero, yet here he was following his programing by Dr W

  • ...
1
 48
 2,046

Chapter 7: The Back Up Gambit / Ballroom Bash pt3

Shadowman 'walked' into vast data-space of the command HQ server. Right now he felt a bit bad for leaving Crashman to deal with the nobles but he would understand the reason why he had to leave him once he had a chance to explain himself. For you see, he had neglected the most important asset that he had and could contribute to the Maverick Hunters. The fact that he was just a program.

Having 'Jacked" into the terminal, he had left his physical body and entered the server, with two of Luna's guards to keep watch over him, just in case. Now he ventured into the server to look for a nice secure area to make back ups of himself. This way while it would take a long while to rebuild his body, should he fall in combat, Princess Celestia, Luna and Medabee can load a backup of himself. This would also mean he would have to constantly update his backups but the tedious work would pay off in the end should he actually fall in combat.

Finding a host of secured and restricted data which was relating to some guy named X and Dr Light, he figured this would be a safe place to store him's backup. As he started to code the program which would store the backup and the security around it, he noticed something was off. Not that is was strange or anything, after all, he had spent many cycles on the Net with sometimes hundreds and thousands of Net Navies running around. This had given him some awareness of the navis around him, especially the targets he was paid to assassinate. Now in the vast and rather empty void of this Net Space, his keen awareness picked up another net navi in here.

Drawing his famous katana, he warped over to the datastore of all known mavericks to find a strange looking navi attempting to delete the data there.

"How cruel!" shouted the navi with a rather feminine male voice," For some strange reason, all my attempts to bypass the security to delete all of this unsightly data has been in vain! Who could have coded such beautiful security is beyond me! Ah but it seems I have let someone see my unsightly side of me haven't I?"

"Indeed," said Shadowman as his hub identify the rouge navi as the Maverick Cyber Peacock," To bad for you this is my natural arena Cyber Peacock. You have been confirmed as a Maverick. Prepare for deletion."

"Oh my, such a brute aren't you," said Cyber Peacock as a number of his tail feather float out and aim at Shadowman," Well its time for my-"

Before Cyber Peacock could launched his/her homing feathers. Shadowman has thrown his trademark shurikens at then and was now closing in for the kill. The Maverick warped out of the way and proceeded to shot his aiming laser at him but the beam bounced off his barrier battlechip. Closing in further, Shadowman slashed with his katana and was blocked by the maverick toe talons.

"How cruel! Is that anyway to treat a lady?!"

"....you're a lady?"

"Of course, can't you tell by my feminine charms?"

"....don't care," and with that Shadowman broke away to switch to the Elec-Sword battlechip. When Cyber Peacock tried to block with the same method, she got the shock of her life.

"Damn you! Why do I have to fight such a heartless monster! I'm leaving!"

"You're not going anywhere Maverick!" shouted Shadowman as he tried to slash at Cyber Peacock but he/she had 'jacked out' before the electrified beam stuck him/her.

"Darn it. Well I don't care if your a lady or not. I will delete you. Maverick."

*****

Shadowman jacked out quickly without making himself a backup. It was rather lucky he had decided to do it tonight or he would have missed the maverick. Since the firewall had not been broken down, it means the maverick had found a jack somewhere very close by. Turning towards the two batpony guards who saluted Shadowman, he gave them their orders.

"Private Nightwing! We have an intruder somewhere in the palace! Send out a red alert immediately! Captain Dark Saber! Inform the Princesses at once!"

"Sir Yes! Sir!"

The two guards turn to rush towards their respective locations they both heard and felt the rumble of an explosion. It seems the intruder Cyber Peacock has done blown up something. in the distance he could see the throne room and some of the surrounding area on fire.

"Private Nightwing! Belay that order! Get the rescue team ready and put out that fire!"

"What about the maverick sir?!"

"I and my team mates will deal with him... or her, I can't tell which."

"Huh?" said Private Nightwing, as Shadowman sped of towards the throne room.

"Oi stop lollygagging private! We got work to do!" shouted Captain Dark Saber.

"Sir! Yes! Sir!"

Author's Note:

I've been rather harsh towards the guards in some of the previous chapters, so it was about time I wrote them to be more competent. Also very sorry for short chapter, I promise the next will be much longer. After all its not just Cyber Peacock hanging about XP. Who would you guys like to see tag teaming ageist our Maverick Hunter team?

Once again for those uninitiated this is what Cyber Peacock looks like.

Until next time,
HENSHIN!