• Published 24th Mar 2013
  • 2,980 Views, 108 Comments

Our Guardian Enigma - The Eccentric Mister E



Equestria is in trouble. The fabric of space and time surrounding the world is falling apart, allowing horrible creatures and savages to invade the peaceful world. But a hero has been sent, he is an enigma known as The Wanderer.

  • ...
8
 108
 2,980

Bonus Holiday Chapter!

The Wanderer laid on the hill he had camped out on for several days now. It held the perfect view of the forest and especially the town itself which was now as festive as anything he had seen. Everything was covered in a light blanket of snow and lights and holly and other Christmassy decorations were strung and planted throughout the town. They were celebrating their version of Christmas which was called Hearth's Warming Eve. And while there were some differences from the holiday he celebrated, there was enough similarity to be called the same. Gifts were given and songs were sung and there was even a play depicting the history behind the holiday which was how the pony races all came together. His friends were even starring in it.

Speaking of which it was about to start!

He jumped up and wrapped his scarf around his neck as he took off for the town. He spotted the big stage set up in the middle of the town and made a beeline for it. There was already a crowd there but they made room for him in the middle and when he looked at the stage, he saw three little faces staring at him.

He waved and the crusaders waved back excitedly. They couldn't believe he had made it. Then they disappeared back behind the curtain and the play began with a narration performed by Spike in the beginning.

The Wanderer enjoyed the play and thought that everyone performed admirably. He thought that they must have all done it before. After the play, they all bowed and the Wanderer led the crowd in a standing ovation or at least he thought it counted as one.

Then the Mayor of the town stepped up on the stage and made a speech, "Happy Hearth's Warming Eve everyone! I can honestly say that this is truly the best this town has seen. From the decorations to the amazing performance we just saw tonight."

Everyone stomped in applause and the Wanderer clapped his gloved hands together with them.

"However," the Mayor continued as everyone quieted down, "This would all have never happened were it not for the one known as the Wanderer who came to our world to make sure we would be safe and able to still have our celebrations from the catastrophe the has struck our world."

She looked at the Wanderer and his friends applauded as did everyone else. He looked around with a surprised look and smiled. The Mayor motioned for him to come on stage and speak.

He stepped up and took her place, "Wow....I don't know what to say. It's my job to make sure you're all safe. You don't really have to thank me. And this holiday of yours is nice. It reminds me of the one I celebrate."

"What is it?" Everyone asked.

"It's called Christmas," he explained, "It's pretty much the same except we don't have a big play but we do have presents and wonderful music."

"Really?" The mayor said, "Would you mind showing us some of this music?"

Everyone cheered and his friends all nodded at him.

"Please Wanderer?" The crusaders begged with puppy dog eyes.

"Oh alright!" He said with a smile as he walked over to the piano on the stage as the crowd cheered louder.

He sat down and after picking a song, and began to play.......

His fingers danced across the keys as he played a very familiar melody that to everyone else was a new and bright song. He smiled as he worked his magic and soon, snowflakes began to fall and everyone started to laugh and dance in the falling snow to his beautiful music.

After he had finished, everyone cheered and he bowed low. Then they all began to disperse to spend time with their families. He saw the main six push the crusaders towards him and they were hiding something behind their backs.

They came over sheepishly and Scootaloo said, "Mister Wanderer? We just wanted to thank you and we made you a gift for Hearth's Warming Eve."

"Girls," the Wanderer said, almost having tears in his eyes, "You don't have to get me anything."

Without saying anything else, they revealed their gift and the Wanderer felt tears fall down his face. It was a drawing of him fighting Black Adam. It was a crude but meaningful drawing. He was more than a stick figure with a brown coat and wide hat with shades and a cigar in his mouth. Adam was black with a thunderbolt on his chest and X's for eyes as he was being punched through a portal. Next to him were the words: #1 Badass, scrawled in crayon.

He took it and held it in his hands, fighting back the tears as he smiled.

"I drew the bad guy and the portal!" Applebloom said.

"I drew you and the words!" Scootaloo said as well.

"I colored it." Sweetie Bell said with a bashful smile.

The Wanderer bent down and hugged the three fillies and said, "It's perfect. Thank you. It's the greatest gift I've ever gotten."

They hugged him back and when they let go, they ran after their retreating families and waved goodbye. He waved back and then sat down on the edge of the stage. He felt someone sit next to him and looked to see that it was Rainbow Dash.

She smiled a little and said, "Hey."

He smiled back and said, "Hey Skittles."

She rolled her eyes but let the joke name slide as she said, "You ok there?"

The Wanderer wiped away some tears and said, "Yea I'm ok.....it's just....no one has ever done this for me before."

He held up the drawing and Rainbow looked at him in surprise.

"Really?" She said.

He nodded and after a while she said, "Well we do all owe you our lives and all. You aren't really that bad of a guy. I'm sorry for the way I've been treating you."

"Hey now," he said, "Its fine we just got off on the wrong foot. We cool?"

He held out his hand she smiled and put her hoof in it as they shook.

"Yea, we cool." She said with a laugh.

Then they went back to watching the snow fall, happy and content with the quiet night as the world celebrated peace to all and goodwill to everyone.

Then the Wanderer leaned closer to her and said, "Merry Christmas Rainbow Dash."

She leaned against him and said in kind, "Happy Hearth's Warming Eve Wanderer."

MERRY CHRISTMAS FIMFICTION!!!

Author's Note:

Hey there and good morning.
I hope you all have a very wonderful Christmas this year.
I cooked this special chapter up just for you all last night.
I hope you like it,
And don't worry the next main chapter is coming along nicely.
Merry Christmas everyone and a happy new years!
From your Eccentric friend,
Mister E
:)

Comments ( 4 )

Merry Christmas, E! Hope you get lotsa presents, hug your family, and get someone under the misletoe!

Nice! Merry hearths warming eve to you and the people you hold dear :)

Did you forget this story? I ask because this is almost the second winter season this chapter has seen. Any way, this is a good story. I want to see what next bit of chaos your going to toss at Wanderer. Maybe a hero stumbling across one of the leaks and winding up trying to defend from Wanderer for a bit. Maybe some one from a world Wanderer has saved showing up to ask what the hell is going on. Maybe something that justifies the phrase "needs moar dakka!"

Login or register to comment