• Published 18th Dec 2012
  • 470 Views, 14 Comments

Shockwave - Angels



A Pegasus named Shockwave finds himself on Earth. In the middle of Seattle.

  • ...
8
 14
 470

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

As the world came back into focus, I noticed I had been moved into a smaller, enclosed space.

"Ugh...Where am I? What's going on?"

Ethan's voice comes from the other side of a fabric wall. "We're in a car. It's like a carriage, but one that pulls itself. We're going to my apartment on capital hill."

I look up, and there's a window above my head. I get up to peek over the edge. ZOOM! ZOOM!

Colored things are flashing by at speeds to rival Rainbow Dash herself. "Ethan? Can you tel-" I am interrupted by him turning around and pushing my head down.

"Are you crazy? What if someone sees you? Or worse, what if an over-enthusiastic brony sees you?"

I lay back down. "What's a brony?"

"Oh, shit."

* * *

We arrive at what Ethan calls his 'apartment'. The car goes below the ground, into a dark room with more cars. We stop in a white box, and Ethan opens my door.

"C'mon. Lets hurry!"

He leads me to a part of the wall with a split in the middle. Pressing an arrow causes the wall to open, revealing a small box. We step inside, the wall sealing up behind us. "Hold on."

"Why?" I barely say this before the box shakes and I feel myself rising. After a moment, the shaking stops, and the wall opens. I stumble out into...a hallway?

"Did we just teleport? Is that box magic?" Ethan just laughs.

"No, it's an elevator! It goes up and down. C'mon!"

We get to a door that has the numbers '183' in gold on it. After turning a little stick in the handle, he opens it. "Here we are! Room sweet room!"

I enter, noticing the clutter everywhere. I hover to keep off of it.

"Here...I'll just clear this off...there we go!" He grabs the wrappers covering the couch, and for the first time, I notice the little appendages on his hooves. He sees me staring. "There fingers. They're really useful."

Sitting down, I start to relax just a little bit, before I remember what Ethan said before.

"Ethan. Explain." Short and to the point.

He sighs again.

"I'm going to be honest here. Completely honest, alright?" I nod. "You are from the land of Equestria, which in this world, is fictional, and the inhabitants are shown in a form of entertainment called 'cartoons'." He pauses, and I interject.

"Show me."

He gets up, and after a moment, places a shiny disc into a box. A large, flat, black square lights up, and it shows ponies, mainly the elements of harmony. I recognize them from the 'Equestrian Gazette' article I saw a while back. And there's the princess! The last thing that showed was: My Little Pony, Frienship is Magic.

I'm stunned. "But how? How do you know about us?"

He shakes his head. "I don't know. The creator of the show is a woman named Lauren Faust. I could email her..." His voice trailed off as we both thought about things.

But we were rudely interrupted by the door breaking and humans clad in black and helmets burst in.

"Everybody down! Now!"

Comments ( 13 )

A Pegasus named Shockwave finds himself on earth.

The capitalization for Earth ran onto pegasus.
Don't trust spellcheck with capitalization all the time.
Also, PONY CREATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like your work with perspective in this. It moves quickly, and nothing seems to drag.

Makes for a good read. Easily relatable.

The writing's ok , you just might want to work on character development, scene development and making your chapters longer! Try not to rush through it, PoE is a hard genre to write and is generally low-quality if it gets rushed through. I'd advise against using a GeneralZoi's Pony Creator image though. They often get a lot of negativity. Also, Ethan and Shockwave are taking the whole trans-dimensional mashup incredibly well.

Thanks guys!

Looks ok to me, why hate :/

you could easily combine these 3 chapters into one.

Okie doki loki:pinkiehappy:

where's reginald?if this is a sequal then reginald has to be in here!

1830514

It's not so much a sequel as much as what happened on earth.

But I may reference him from time to time.

this is an pretty cool story, and cool sequel to Falling :pinkiehappy:. By the way, who are the "humans clad in black and helmets"? are they the police. or...? :rainbowhuh:

1832352 you'll see. I'm also juggling this story with a few others, so sorry about the delay. But now I'm on break, so I'll get crankin. :rainbowdetermined2:

1832635 it's no prob. Just was curious and wonderin' of what you meant :twilightsmile:

"Everybody down! Now!"
NO.

Login or register to comment