• Published 13th Dec 2012
  • 975 Views, 6 Comments

The Wonderbolts Meet Star Scorcher - Linkonpark100



A party pegasus who finally meets his favorite flyers of Equestria.

  • ...
2
 6
 975

Chapter 4: The Party Crashers

(Start Song)

The party was pretty great. Everypony was having a wonderful time. Star Scorcher was gonna have to clean up his house in the next morning. However, there was no worry. He had been used to cleaning his house. Right now, he was chugging down some tequila shots.

"WOO!!!!" he yelled. "This is totally better than the Alpha Beta Fraternity!"

A crowd was cheering at the drinking challenge he had been given. Inside the crowd was also Spitfire and Misty, who were watching Scorcher chugging it down.

"You sure it was a good idea to let a slacker join the team?" Misty asked.

"He may be rough around the edges, but we can shape him up." Spitfire replied. "Just give it time."

"HEY YOU!" Scorcher yelled at a random mare in the crowd. "I NEVER KNEW HOW AWESOME YOUR ASS IS!" The mare was disgusted by that comment. "IT'S KINDA AWESOME!"

Spitfire nervously chuckled while Misty looked at her, putting her doubts on her previous statement.

"I'll give you vast amounts of time." Misty said, trotting off someplace else.

In reality, Scorcher was still sober. He's just feeling a bit tipsy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fleetfoot was flying around the house. She wanted to use the bathroom because...you know why. Just as she found it, she opened the door...only to be occupied.

"AAAHH! CLOSE THE DOOR" Rapidfire yelled.

"CAN'T TWO COLTS HAVE A LITTLE PRIVACY!" Lightening Streak followed.

"Ah! Sorry!" Fleetfoot quickly shut the door. Out of all the rooms they could make out in, they had to picked the bathroom.

"Why couldn't you guys use the bedroom!" she asked.

"Well...Blaze and Breezie are using it." replied Rapidfire. Fleetfoot sighed, as she went of to find another bathroom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Breezie and Blaze were embracing and cuddling with each other in Scorcher's bed.

"You know, the funniest thing had happened today." Breezie started.

"What happened?" Blaze asked.

"I almost beaten up Scorcher when I thought he called me 'Surprise'." Blaze was shocked. A new member and almost got beaten up on the first day.

"Fortunately, he said that he surprised me and still calls me by my real name." Breezie finished, leaving her marefriend to sigh in relief.

"II'm glad you're not too crazy and paranoid about this whole 'Surprise-Complex' thing." Blaze remarked, as they continued to embrace each other.

"I don't know how you handle it." Breezie said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wave Chill and Fire Streak were in the living room, trying to beat each other in a racing game. Their avatars looked similar to their respective owners. Several ponies were watching them play.

"I'm totally gonna beat your ass this time!" Fire yelled.

"In your dreams, idiot!" Wave replied back.

Both of them were going at it until Fire's character had won.

"Oh, man! In your face, loser!" Fire said, rubbing it in.

"Hey, at least I can beat you in a race in real life!" Wave yelled back.

"That was only one time!" Fire gave his comeback.

"Oh, yeah? Best two out of three?" Wave challenged.

"You're on!" Fire smiled and they both played another round.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Winds and Soarin' were flying around outside Scorcher's house, playing around and making cloud sculptures. Afterwards, they relaxed on cloud.

"So what do you think of the new stallion?" High Winds asked.

"Scorcher? Well, he seems to be a good guy. He even has good flying ability. I don't think any other pony can take him on but us." Soarin' replied.

"Not even The Shadowbolts?" she inquired.

"Of course! We can beat those jerks anytime!" he added.

(End Song)

"Oh, really? I'd like to see this new stallion." a jerky voice said suddenly. The pair had looked around to find out where the voice was coming from.

"Who's there? Show yourself!" Soarin' yelled. Out of the sudden, he gets tackled by a mysterious pegasus.

"Soarin'!" High Winds exclaimed. Soarin's attacker stood up, revealing an aqua-maned grey pegasus.

"Charger!" Soarin' yelled, revealing the attacker's name.

"Good to see you again, pie freak!" Charger greeted rudely.

"I'll get the others." High Winds said, going back inside the house to find the others.

"Well, it looks like the real party's getting started." Charger said. However, Soarin' kicked him away.

"What do you want and why are you here?" Soarin' asked.

"I've heard word of a new member in your shitty little team. We wanna see the new retard." Charger explained.

"'We'?" Soarin' asked, confused.

"Let's not forget me." a feminine voice came out. Soarin' looked to see that it came from a blue mare with a violet mane with blue bits in.

"Blueball Blitz..." Soarin' growled.

"In the flesh!" Blueball Blitz announced.

Afterwards, several more ponies came from the clouds. They looked very different from one another, but all had dark colors. Soarin' looked at the cyan mare with the dark blue mane.

"So you brought your entire group of lackeys here, eh Nightshade?" Soarin' asked menacingly.

"Well, we we're all curious to see who your newbie is, Soarin'." she said with a sly smile. "Besides, it's not like we're gonna steal him or anything, right?" The other Shadowbolts nodded.

"If any funny stuff happens to my team traces back to you, there will be hell to pay!" Soarin' threatened, but Nightshade laughs off.

"Just because we hate you all doesn't mean that we plan to sabotage you." she stated. However, Soarin' didn't believe a single word she said.

The Shadowbolts have been The Wonderbolts' competitive rivals for many years. They had always cheated in many contests and did their desperation into becoming the top. However, this became a back and forth bout. Some of their cheating methods had succeeded in the past. Other plans had failed. The Wonderbolts had seen through their rouses many times. But when there were times the Shadowbolts had succeeded in cheating, it was because they had back-up schemes.

"That's a good joke." Soarin' remarked sarcastically.

"Well, it's better than the crap you always eat. What are those? Oh, pies!" Nightshade insulted Soarin', who was taken aback at this.

"You always gobble down on them like a slobby fat pig who has the self-esteem of a hobo!" she continued her arsenal of insults. Although Soarin' felt offended, he didn't take it lightly.

"Hey!" somepony yelled. Everypony looked to see that it was rest of The Wonderbolts minus Star Scorcher.

"Soarin'!" High Winds flew towards the fallen Soarin' while Spitfire went face to face with Nightshade. Both leaders were giving each other deadly stares.

"What the heck are you and your henchponies doing here?" Spitfire asked, fury basking in her voice.

"Well, we heard that you Wonderlosers had a new member in your group of morons." Nightshade answered.

"He's busy with the other guests." was all Spitfire said. "Now, I suggest you all leave before there's gonna be trouble--"

But before Spitfire could finish, a voice from the house had been released.

"Hey, guys! Is that an outdoor party? Can I join?" Star Scorcher yelled. The Wondebolts had facehoofed while the Shadowbolts grinned. "Awesome!" Scorcher added.

"So this is your new member?" Nightshade asked.

"And who might you ponies be?" Scorcher asked in curiosity, which left both The Shadowbolts and Wonderbolts baffled by his oblivious question.

"Are you frickin' kidding me? They let an idiot join their team?" Charger remarked. Scorcher was confused.

"Those ponies are The Shadowbolts, our rivals." Blaze answered, which made more sense to Scorcher on why these guys are jerks.

"And we're gonna be number one in all of Equestria." the purple maned pink pony announced. However, The Wonderbolts laughed at that statement. Scorcher had decided to join in the laughter weakly. However, he didn't get what was going on.

"Starry Skies, you're like the worst flyer in your team!" Breezie pointed out, leaving Starry to scowl at them furiously.

"Well, don't get too cocky." the indigo maned aqua pony said. "We'll beat you in the next tournament soon."

"Don't bet your money on it, Stratus." Misty said. "You're gonna be sorry you underestimated us."

"And don't pull any stupid tricks like you did for the last couple of competitions." Rapidfire added.

"There were no tricks! They were only backstage mishaps!" Stratus said.

"Bullshit!" Fire Streak yelled, as he tried to tussle with Stratus, but was met by a dark blue maned dark grey stallion.

"You gotta get through me first." Dusk stated.

"Bring it on, bro!" Fire answered back.

But before these two could fight, Blaze had pulled Fire back. Star Scorcher had stepped out.

"Look, I have no idea what's going on. But however, I don't want any violence in my property. So, I suggest you leave or there's gonna be trouble."

Suddenly, a green maned blue stallion came up in front of him, face to face.

"So, Mr. Goody Two Hooves doesn't want any violence, eh?" he snarled. "The name's Grove, and this is the Shadowbolts you're talking to. So, we get to do whatever the hell we want."

He shoved Scorcher away. Suddenly something shocking had occurred. Scorcher had headbutted Grove down to the cloud. It wasn't a hard one. But it wasn't soft either.

"Listen up, you jerks. I don't give a rat's ass about you being the best flyers in Equestria, even if you aren't. But this is my home, my property and my rules. I warned you not to bring violence. But now you're asking for more. One more time, I say this: Get out of my zone!" Scorcher said, fuming with rage.

Just before the pink-purple maned green mare could have a go at him, Dusk had pulled her back.

"Not now, Vortex." he said. Dusk and Stratus had to pull Vortex back.

"That's an impressive member you have there. I must say, Scorcher's anger is added to our team, we would become an unstoppable force." Nightshade teased.

"He's not a free agent anymore. He's one of us now." Spitfire said, brushing Nightshade's teasing off.

"I'm pretty sure he's bound to get sick of you guys soon." Nightshade replied as she turned her back. "C'mon Shadowbolts! We're leaving this place!" she announced before flying off. Charger carried off the unconscious Grove away with their teammates.

"Well, that turned out to be a sucky night." Fire Streak said.

"Agreed." Silver Lining added.

"The night had a twist, but the party ain't over yet!" Scorcher said, going back to his laidback demeanor. "Let's get back in! It's gonna get cold outside soon." as he said that, he flew back into his house.

(Resume Song)

Wave Chill, Silver Lining, Fleetfoot, Blaze, Breezie, Fire Streak, Lightening Streak and Rapidfire shrugged the altercation off as if nothing had happened and went back inside the house to party some more. High Winds proceeded to follow them before asking Soarin' if he's coming inside.

"You joinin' us or what?" she asked.

"It's cool. We'll be back inside for a second." Soarin' answered as High Winds proceeded to get back in.

"I think they're planning to take Scorcher away from us." Misty stated.

"Maybe, but the Shadowbolts are unpredictable. We better watch out." Spitfire said.

"Well, we better get back inside." Soarin' suggested. Misty and Spitfire nodded as flew back in.

Nightshade, what the heck are you planning this time? Spitfire wondered.

Author's Note:

I see that I got my first dislike. Yay.

In a second note, I hope this chapter would be much to your liking. My apologies for the previous chapter. I've been suffering from a case of writer's block.

This version of the Shadowbolts belong to CrunchyButterToast.