• Published 12th Dec 2012
  • 2,077 Views, 57 Comments

The New Pinkie - Luigilewis889



Pinkie shows up on Twilight's doorstep, and states that she's dying.

  • ...
2
 57
 2,077

Chapter II

“How is that even possible?”

“Twi-“

“Ponies can’t spontaneously glow and change. It’s just not scientifically possible.”

“She said she-“

“This has to be some sort of prank. It has to be.”

“Twi, I don’t think she was lying.”

The two very confused ponies were still in the impossible crate in Pinkies basement. Applejack had taken a seat near the central console, and Twilight was pacing back and forth, trying to figure it out. Neither of them had gone within three metres of the ex-Pinkie, both still unsure of what to do.

“How could she not be lying? Sure, this box is impossible. Not even Celestia and Luna combined could generate enough magic for this, but still. Not a pony? That has to be impossible.”

“Maybe you could ask her when she wakes up? I’m going to go get a cup of coffee for her.” Applejack turned towards the exit, but the unicorns voice called out before she could get more than three steps.

“Kitchen’s that way.”

Applejack turned back and looked at the crimson pony, whose hoof was pointing at one of the corridors out of the room. Confused, she asked, “What?”

“The kitchen’s that way. Third door on the left, big sign. You can’t miss it. Love a good kitchen, or I used to. Not so sure now. Have to check. Come on!” The unicorn stood up, before stumbling forwards a few steps. Before she could go any further, Twilight started a barrage of questions.

“Who are you? What have you done with Pinkie Pie? What is this place? How is this possible? Why aren’t you making any sense? What is going on? I want answers, and I am not letting you leave until I get some.”

“Twi-“ Applejack started before getting cut off by the red unicorn.

“Fine. You want answers, you can have them. Not sure you’ll like them, though. First question?” The unicorn walked to the console and pushed a few buttons. A table with four cushions faded in a few metres away from Twilight, making her jump. The unicorn walked over and sat on one of the cushions, and waited. Applejack galloped over, and sat next to the strange pony. Twilight hesitated, before sitting opposite the unicorn.

“Okay. First question, who are you?”

“That one’s easy. I’m Pinkie Pie, or, I was Pinkie. Not sure who I am now. I feel like a Radiant. Hmmm,” the unicorn answered, before delving into deep thought. Twilight went to ask something, but was interrupted by Applejack.

“I don’t mean to doubt your story, miss, but Pinkie’s an earth pony, and she’s pink. You ain’t.”

“Oh. Regeneration, sorry,” the possibly-Pinkie said, as if it clarified everything. However, Twilight wanted to know more.

“Regeneration?”

“Well, it’s what we do when we die. Our whole body remakes itself, every cell gets a do-over, and we come back, but with a new face, new personality, and new voices. This voice is really weird.”

Twilight shook her head. “Pinkie, or whoever you are, ponies don’t do that.”

“Of course not. They don’t have the necessary Rassilon bio-matrix manipulatory glands. But I’m not a pony. I already said that, right?”

“You look like a pony.”

“Nope! You look like a Time Lord. Or at least, a pony-shaped Time Lord.”

“Time Lord? What’s that?”

“Me,” the unicorn shrugged.

“That doesn’t explain anything!” Twilight nearly exploded, “Look, answer straight, ‘Pinkie.’”

“And don’t you think that that’s a little boastful,” Applejack added.

“Well, I guess it is. And Time Lord was a race. I’m the only one left now, though,” ‘Pinkie’ hung her head as she said it.

“What happened?”

“A war. A massive war that spanned almost all of time and space, affected millions of planets and countless lives. My people, the Time lords, fought a race called the Daleks. The Daleks had one goal in mind; if it wasn’t a Dalek, kill it.

“So we fought them, and everyone lost. Both races extinct, and I’m the last survivor.” Applejack put a hoof on one of the Time Lords shoulders.

“So, ‘Pinkie’, something’s been bugging me,” Twilight asked, “Why ask for Applejack and I to be here? Why not Rainbow, or Fluttershy?”

“Well, I wanted to ask for your help, and I needed Applejack to help prove something.”

“What can I prove? I don’t know anything about Time Lords or Daleds.”

“Daleks,” ‘Pinkie’ corrected, “And I don’t need you to know about any of that. Look, can you remember your old foalsitter, before you went to Manehatten?”

“Yeah, but… Wait, how did you-“ Applejack began, before being cut off by ‘Pinkie’.

“Doesn’t matter. What did she look like?”

“She was an earth pony,” Applejack said, “And I’m pretty sure her mane was big, poofy and pink, and her cutie mark was…” She faltered, impossible facts sinking in, “That just ain’t possible.”

“Exactly.” ‘Pinkie’ smiled.

“What was it?” Twilight asked, although a suspicion grew in her mind. One that was soon confirmed by a quiet mutter from Applejack, almost reaching Fluttershy levels of inaudibility.

“Three balloons.”

“But how?” Twilight exclaimed.

“Tiiiime Looord!” the crimson unicorn sung. Twilight sighed.

“Okay, next question. What is this place? And how is it possible?”

“This, my dear Twilight Sparkle, is a Time and Relative Dimension in Space Type Sixty, or a TT60 for short. Premiere antique in Time and Space travel, bigger on the inside, chameleon circuit, shifting rooms at the push of a button and a coffee machine which I still haven’t had a coffee yet. Oh yeah, and it’s kinda broken.”

Twilight didn’t respond. Her head was spinning from the implications. A time machine. She was in an actual time machine. The fact that it was broken didn’t register until sometime later, by which point, ‘Pinkie’ had disappeared.

“Where’d she go?”

Applejack waved a hoof at one of the corridors. “She went that way, muttering something about coffee and useless lack of black somethings.”

Suddenly, a loud crash echoed through the corridor. Applejack and Twilight raced through the corridors, ad into the room marked kitchen. They really couldn’t miss it, as the sign was at head height all the way across the corridor. Inside they found the crimson mare, unconscious on the ground next to a bench, with a shattered cup, and a pool of coffee.

Author's Note:

The incredibly delayed II chapter. Roman numerals are awesome.

Comments ( 13 )

Might have been more intresting if Applejack's old foalsitter had been somepony else which turned out to be Radiant (which is what I'm calling the new Pinkie Pie) in a different life. :eeyup:

Still very good so far. I just hope the Daleks really are dead although something tells me they aren't. :trixieshiftleft:

2121060

Yeah, well, considering a few factors, including the fact that Applejack's foalsitter was probably only 15-ish years ago, and if a Time Lord (I still call female Gallifreyans Time Lords) isn't in mortal danger every 30 seconds, a regeneration can last them years and years, also the fact that it wouldn't have the same effect if it wasn't Pinkie, and I'm not making any sense anymore am I? Yeah.

Also, when are the Daleks ever dead? And remember, Pinkie doesn't know everything. No matter how much she seems like it.

2121075 Uh-oh Ponyville is about to come under fire from something it's never seen before. Imagine the Daleks surprise when they discover their arch enemy has regenerated. :pinkiegasp:

<.> EX-TERMINATE!

hmmmm only thing im wondering is why she never told them before when she was pinkie.... why now?:derpyderp1:

2121075...Including the fates of others, right?

2122448

Considering how much I said at once, which part are you directing that to?

2122154

Face it. If you were an alien being with more power in a single cell than the monarch of the land, you wouldn't want anyone knowing. The regeneration is forcing her to do something she wanted to do, but was sort of scared to do; get help.

2180870

It's Pinkie Pie.

Your argument was already invalid.

OMG READ FIRST CHAPTER, PREDICTED THIS. SO SPOT ON.

2295249

Care to clarify exactly what you meant by that?

MOAR!!! We need a chapter where she meets The Doctor.

Mmmmmmmmooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrr

Login or register to comment