• Published 14th Dec 2012
  • 2,131 Views, 24 Comments

Metroid V: Equestrian Frontier - OmegaMetroidBrony



Unofficial pony sequel to Metroid Fusion.

  • ...
3
 24
 2,131

On the Look Out

Pinkie Pie had been inspecting every element of Ponyville for nearly three hours and nothing out of the ordinary, besides her Pinkie Sense going off bit too often and rather violently, was observed. What ever her gift of foreseeing the future was predicting, it was a doozy and a half consisting of severe body tremors that rocked equine's body like a 8.0 earthquake immediately followed by a spontaneous somersault jump that left pink party starter dizzy and disoriented.

"What in the name in the moon and the sun is making me do this? Sure its fun for the first three times but after a while it's starting to make my eyes spin for too long..."

Now entering the market, Pinkie slowly trotted through the crowded area of the town, brushing past familiar faces til she spied her ultimate destination in this sector of Ponyville, the Apple Acres fruit stall, operated under that watchful eye of the Apple family. Applejack was on deck today, which the party pony was counting on. Quickening her pace as much as she could with out disturbing the other market goers, Pinkie Pie rushed over to her farming friend.

"Howdy Pinkie!," greeted Applejack cordially. "Ya'll right? You look a bit... rustled," she commented concerned over her pink friend who's appearance was starting to look a bit disheveled, which was a rather rare occurrence.

"No," sighed Pinkie sadly. "My Pinkie Sense is picking up something HUGE and I can't find hoof or mane of it!"

Immediately after the last word was released from her mouth, without any visible warning, the mysterious ability sent the pink earth pony into a massive amount of shaking, causing other ponies to watch with concern. As quickly as they started, the tremors ceased only to let the the poor equine jump into the air and perform several rapid forward somersaults. Pinkie successfully landed back on her hooves albeit dizzy and having great difficulty standing.

Applejack stared wide eyed and jaw agape at the little performance. She didn't know what to say about such a display of Pinkie's gift. She's seen the odd ability give her pink friend violent tremors, now known as a doozy, like the day Twilight just stopped using science to understand the Pinkie Sense and roll with it. This combination of body movements the farmer witnessed had to be a double doozy.

"Wow," Applejack said stunned. "Ah don't know if I have anything to say about that little display there, but Ah can tell ya somethin' strange that might be the cause."

Pinkie's eyes stopped spinning and her balance reset immediately. She then dashed in front of her blonde maned friend putting her face uncomfortably close.

"What is it? I need to know! My Pinkie Sense is starting to drive me nuts!"

"Well uh," Applejack nervously began, while slowly making distance between her face and Pinkie's,"Ah saw this really odd, brightly colored critter in the orchard earlier. When it noticed Ah spotted it, the thing ran off deep into the field. What ever it was, it sure made deep prints, boy they were deeper than any I've seen Big Macintosh make. Ah followed the trail of 'em the thing left, it must be able to fly or somethin' cause the prints don't just suddenly stop. You have no idea how disturbin' that is to me."

Pinkie's brow furrowed with heavy concentration. Applejack's strange creature sighting was indeed a helpful insight.

"So my Pinkie Sense is going off because of some new creature? No, that can't be right unless it's something from the Everfree Forest--

The pink party mare's concentration was shattered by a blood curling scream.

"Oh sweet Celestia!," shouted Applejack. "Some pony needs help our help! C'mon Pinkie!"

With that said, the two Elements of Harmony galloped off in the direction of the scream to lend their assistance.


Samus finally skidded to a halt behind one of the wooden buildings of the town. She had just sent the area on red alert. A pony had chanced upon the bounty hunter who was attempting to sneak through the village and let off a rather nasty scream, then proceeded to faint.

"Ugh. I thought I was in the clear too. Great, now there's going to be search parties and drone recons everywhere."

She was right too, as the thunder of a herd of probably crazed creatures running could be heard coming towards her position. Frantically, the Hunter searched for a place to hide. Fortunately, there was a container of some sort close by in he alleyway big enough to hide in as the Morph Ball. With out further delay Samus morphed into her ball form and hopped into the hiding spot. By the sound it made when the ball hit the bottom, the bounty hunter inferred that the container was made of some sort of metal.

"Hopefully, the inhabitants won't find me in here. As much as I hate being stealthy and despite my trigger finger itching like crazy now, it would probably be best to stay out of any fire fights. I don't know if I can reload or recharge anywhere.

Outside the now known to be metal container, the denizens of the town ran past, not even looking in the direction of the hidden bounty hunter. Samus thought she could hear frantic voices, angry shouts, and commands of search and destroy.

"I must've really tripped over the wire now. That sounds like a massive, angry search party...

It seemed like forever till the noise of voices and thunderous running ceased. When it did Samus cautiously peeked over the brink of her hiding spot. The alleyway was clear in all directions, so the hiding Hunter ditched her hiding spot to continue her venture deeper into the town.


Twilight restlessly trotted back and forth in her room. Spike was away on royal business, the library occupation was as slow as always, and she wanted to do something but didn't know what.

"Some many places to and I don't want to go to any, an entire library that I've already read, all my other friends are probably working, and the spells I want to train, I need Spike's help. Luna help me please and find a way through this time of boredom."

As if on cue, the front door slowly creaked open grabbing enough of Twilight's attention to make the unicorn pause and turn it's head in that direction. A few seconds passed before footsteps could be heard signifying an entity was entering the library.

"That's odd. Ponies usually walk right in... but who ever it was waited a few moments. Were they checking if any one was here? Maybe I should go look.

Twilight took a few steps closer to the edge of the niche that was her room. From her near omnipotent perch she could see everything in the library including the tall orange, yellow, and red presence that had invaded her home. The lavender unicorn wanted to scream in terror,but a stray thought quelled her fear.

"So the legends are true aren't they?"