• Published 13th Dec 2012
  • 3,719 Views, 68 Comments

Love Is Magic - TwinkleSparkle



Twilight Sparkle, Princess Luna, Rarity and Applejack. Four ponies, once best friends, now lovers.

  • ...
28
 68
 3,719

A double date in...

After that emotional time that she had with Spike, Rarity wanted to go somewhere to relax. And what place could be more relaxing than between the trees, with her beloved Applejack. Also it would be a great opportunity to tell her about the double date that Twilight was planning. She didn't know for sure what AJ’s reaction would be. But she knew that she wouldn’t say no without good reason.

She went into Sweet Apple Acres at about noon. The sun was so hot that Rarity felt like she was melting. When she went through the gate, she found AJ sleeping under a tree. She couldn't help but to stand there for a while admiring the tan mare. She kept her eyes on the beautiful, wet and full-of-sweat coat of the stubborn earth pony with her mane spread on the ground beside her. Making her look as if she was a part of a masterpiece created by the hooves of the most skillful of artists.

Rarity couldn't resist coming closer to her to give her a kiss while she was asleep. But the sudden revealing of the emerald eyes of Applejack surprised her.

“Huh! Rares?” Applejack Said with half closed eyes.

“Applejack,” Rarity said in a surprise. “ I'm so sorry darling. I didn't mean to wake you up.”

“Ah, Don’ worry sugar cube. It was time for me to wake up anyway.” Applejack said while standing. Rarity lent her a hoof.

“What were you doing so close to me anyway?”

“I- ah- I was -ehm,” Rarity said in a stumbling tune.

“You were what?”

“I was trying to give you a kiss while you were asleep. I couldn't help myself. You looked so cute, especially with that layer of sweat covering your coat and mane.”

“Oh come on,” Applejack said with radiant red cheeks. “I’m nothing compared to you.”

“ Don't you dare say that in front of me. If I’m fabulous, which I am of course, then you’re the most beautiful mare in the world.”

Applejack’s cheeks became redder than the ripest apple in her farm. Then she took the other mare in her forelimbs saying. “Oh, come here you.” Then she gave her a deep kiss. Even Rarity was in a kind of shock at the beginning, but she got a hold of herself and returned the kiss. After a while they broke the kiss to breathe. Each mare looked at the other with glowing eyes and red cheeks.

“So, how was your day?” Applejack said as she lied on the grass beside her marefriend.

“It was emotionally exhausting.”

“How so?”

“I went to Twilight’s and talked to Spike.”

“And how was it?”

“Spike was a mess of course. My heart was shattered into pieces when I first saw him because I couldn't believe that I've caused such pain and misery to the young fellow. But you should have seen the look on his face when I gave him the note. It was like he was brought from the death.”

“That’s sweet. But do ya think that your sister and Spike would be good together.”

“I do actually. Spike is a nice guy. And Sweetie Belle likes him alot.”

“But ya should keep an eye on em’. We don't want to deal with early heartbreaks.”

“Of course I’ll do so. After all, I don't want my sister to get hurt.”

Applejack nodded. Then she said, trying to change the subject, “So, are ya free tonight? The Golden mug bar has reopened.”

“Really? I thought it was closed for good.”

“Nah, the owner has come back. So, whatcha think?”

“I would love to go. But there is something else I need to talk to you about.”

“What is it?”

“Twilight wants us to go with her and Luna on a double date.”

“A double date?”

“Yes, so what do you say?”

“ I've never been to a double date before.”

“Oh, come on darling. It’s going to be fun and romantic.”

“Ah guess you're right. So when is it gonna be?”

“I still don't know. She told me that she would tell me when she hears from Luna.”

“Okay, So what about tonight? When do I pick you up?”

“Come and pick me up at 9.”

“That’s great.”

“I must go now darling. I have some dresses to finish before the deadline. See you tonight.” She gave AJ a deep kiss, and then proceeded to leave Sweet Apple Acres.


The next day was fairer than that oven-like heat, which was created by the sun the previous day. The people of Ponyville woke up on the sweet cool summer breeze. The lands were bathing in the warm, pleasant rays of the sun. Thanking Celestia that the roaring fire of the day before was finally over.

The library also had a very cheerful atmosphere. Spike woke up like he wanted to hug each and every citizen in Equestria. And he started with waking up Twilight by giving her a breathtaking hug. Twilight also woke up feeling like a zillion bits. She got up from the bed with swiftly, took a fast shower, went down to the main library room and dropped all the books on the floor and called out a re-shelving day. And Spike was, for the first time ever, more than happy to help.

Twilight was levitating at least twenty books when she was hit by a scroll coming out from Spike’s mouth. The thing that made her drop all the books either on her or Spike’s head. She managed to pull her head out of the book pile and saw a scroll wrapped up on a dark blue ribbon lying on the ground. The moment Twilight saw the scroll she forgot about the pain in her head and ran to the scroll to unwrap it, and started reading it with wide eyes and even a wider grin.

My lovely Twilight,

I'm writing this letter to you and I have two feelings battling inside my heart. One of great pleasure and unbearable joy from the sight of your last letter, and the other of massive grief that I've caused you so much pain of not seeing you for so long. I wish now that I wasn't a princess. But that’s our circumstances and we must cope with it.

As for the request you put in your prior letter. I’m glad to tell you that you've been reading my mind. I wanted to suggest the same thing earlier but you beat me to it. So I was thinking about going to someplace new. I won't tell you where it’s going to be because it’s going to be a great surprise for both you and our two little friends.

I’ll come to pick you up tonight at eight from the Carousel Boutique. The dress code is formal so wear the fanciest and the sexiest dress you have. The same goes for our other two companions as well. I can't wait to see you all tonight.

With all the love in my heart and soul,

Your Lulu.

Twilight finished the letter and stood there motionless for some time. As if she were planning the whole night and visualizing each and every detail about it. Then she just burst out with a great yell of joy and sprinted away from the door of the library. But she was slowed down by Spike calling her.

“What about the rest of the books?”

“Oh, right.”

She used her magic to pile up the rest of the books in a corner in the library and went straight to the Carousel Boutique. She didn’t know why but this time it seemed that the boutique had gotten further than usual. Like the land had expanded just to make her lose more time. Or maybe because she was too thoughtful about the time, it seemed that the time had expanded. Her mind automatically reviewed the theory of relativity and how time and space are two variables and that our state of mind is the thing that controls our judgment on time. The only thing that made her snap out of these scientific thoughts is her head clashing with the walls of her destination.

She lifted herself up with a hoof on her head. Then she started knocking on the door. But no matter how hard she knocked there was no response from the other side. She came to realize that there was no one in the boutique. And that Rarity had spent the night with Applejack doing whatever they do. She was just about to turn away when she saw the two mares heading towards her.

“Hay there, Twilight.” Applejack said in a cheerful mood.

“Hey Applejack, hey Rarity,” Twilight said. “How is your day?”

“Not bad. The weather is good today.”

“Yeah, so where have you been?”

“Oh, we were at the barn.” Rarity said with her cheeks going a little bit pink.

“The barn?” Twilight said, raising her eyebrows and trying not to imagine what they were doing in such a place.

“Well, it was a request from me.” Rarity said. “AJ wanted to spend the night here. But I wanted to try something wild. I guess it was just the liquor talking.”

Twilight just stood with a goofy face for a while. Pictures of the drunken mares started to sneak into her brain. She just shook these thoughts off her head and started. “Anyways, I received a letter from Luna this morning. She says that she is agreeing on the double date thing. And she will come to take us with the royal wagon tonight at eight.”

“Where will she take us?” Applejack said.

“She didn't mention it. She said that she wanted to surprise us. But she gave a hint that it’s a fancy place that we have never been before. And she wants us wear the fanciest and the, ehm, sexiest dresses we possess.”

“So, let me sum this up.” Rarity said. “It’s a fancy place that we've never been to before. So I can presume that it’s in Canterlot.”

“I don't think so.” Twilight said. “ I've been to all the fancy restaurants and I know all the high class clubs and bars in Canterlot.”

“So it’s not in Canterlot,” AJ said. “and of course not anywhere near here. Then where the hay will she take us?”

“I don't know.” Twilight said. “But I'm sure that it will be a mind blowing experience for all of us.”

“So, what are we waiting for?” Rarity said then she went and opened the door of the boutique. “Come in. We have got a lot of work to do.”

The two other mares looked at each other. Then looked at Rarity and gave out a little giggle. Then they went to the boutique.

Luna’s moon came out greeting the lands with its full face appearing, giving a beautiful silver illumination that made the streets look like there were pearls spread all over it. The stars also came up to make the night even more cheerful. It was just another peaceful and wonderful night created by the gamer princess of the night.

But the three mares didn't have time to admire this beautiful night just yet, as they were busy getting ready for this night and that surprise it was holding. Each mare was getting her own dress worn in, putting makeup on, or getting their mane done. But time started to run out of their hooves as they started to finish their preparations to look the best.

It was only five minutes to go and Rarity was still inside her room doing whatever she was doing. The other two were obviously getting impatient.

“Applejack,” Twilight said in a nervous way. “Could you please go up to Rarity’s room and tell her that we have got only five minutes till Luna is here.”

“Ahm sorry sugar cube but I can’t. Rarity gets really mad if someone disturbs her while she is in her room alone.”

“UHHH, but we'll be late. And you know how precise Luna is when it comes to her time.”

“Just be patient. We still have four minutes till Luna is here. I’m sure she will be finished by then.”

Twilight sat down with her eyes fixed on the clock on the wall. She was never used to being late or hurried because the lack of time. She went on, counting the seconds and looking at the stairs every once in a while which made her more and more anxious. Finally, just a minute before the clock struck eight. Rarity was getting down the stairs.

“Finally.” Twilight cried out.

“Rares,” Applejack said. “You look amazing.”

“You look marvelous too sweetheart.” Rarity said, and then she turned to Twilight. I'm so sorry for the delay but I was getting my hair done correctly.”

Rarity has just finished this word when the mares heard the sound of hooves just outside the door of the boutique. Then the door opened and Luna came in.

“Welcome my friends.” Luna said.

“Lulu,” Twilight cried and ran to Luna, who received her with her forelimbs opened and gave her a sweet hug and an even sweeter kiss. When they broke the kiss Twilight started again. “ I'm so glad you're here. I've missed you so much.”

“I missed you greatly too Twily. I’m sorry for taking so long to come and see you.”

“It’s okay darling. The important thing is that we're together now.”

“Awww, how sweet is that.” Rarity said with a smile.

“Oh! Hey Rarity, hey Applejack” Luna said as she broke the embrace with Twilight. “You both look great tonight.”

“Thanks Luna.” Applejack said. “So, where to?”

“Oh, I won't tell you just yet. Come now, we’re wasting fun time here.”

The four mares went outside and into Luna’s royal wagon. And with a sign to the guards the wagon started to fly. In no time they were a long way from Ponyville. But the wagon was heading in the direction opposite to the direction of Canterlot, the thing that confirmed Twilight’s suspicions. But the question now was where the wagon was heading. And despite the attempts from the three mares, especially Twilight, to know the place they were heading to, or even to get a hint about it. Luna was determinate not to tell.

After some time and long quarrels between the three mares the surprise was revealed. And it was truly a mind blowing experience for all of them. The wagon landed inside a city that they only heard about in books or from others who've been there before. Some ponies call it the city of light. Others called it the city of sins. But they all agreed that it was the city that never sleeps. This city was Las Pegasus.