• Published 13th Dec 2012
  • 3,719 Views, 68 Comments

Love Is Magic - TwinkleSparkle



Twilight Sparkle, Princess Luna, Rarity and Applejack. Four ponies, once best friends, now lovers.

  • ...
28
 68
 3,719

And this is how they met

The two weeks following the arrival of the Elements of Harmony were busy and full of chores. Even the brides had to work to finish the preparations on time especially after the additional ponies that were invited to celebrate the marriage of Applejack and Rarity. The news of this marriage came as a mild shock to their relatives, especially the Apples who were a little unaware of the strength of the relationship between her and rarity. Nevertheless, they happily accepted the choice of the two mares and came to share with the brides, their joy.

This, however, came with extra work on the mares in charge of the ceremony. Rarity, who had to make four wedding gowns instead of two. Applejack had to make tons of extra food to prepare of the possible coming of the entire apple family. Pinkie also had to print and send more invitation and prepare places for the new guests to come. Even though, this didn't prevent the mares from feeling the joy of working together once more and to feel happy for the brides.

Finally, the day had come. As predicted, not a single member of the royal family was absent from the event. Rarity's parents were there. The Cutie Mark Crusaders were fully represented by the four members. The Prince of the Crystal Empire was there as well with Twilight's parents of course. Needless to say the entire nobility of Equestria was present with the members of the royal family. All in all, it was scene to behold.

As for the states of the four brides, it was a mixture of unbearable happiness and anxiety that couldn't be stomached. After all, this was the moment of truth. This was the point of no return, the moment where their lives would change, forever.

Behind the curtains stood the four mares in their matching white gowns watching the scene in silence. They started looking at each other for a moment, and then Applejack said. "Ah didn' expect for all of 'em to come."

"Yeah," replied Rarity. "Your family does have a remarkable presence."

"Ya don' have the right to complain. This is gonna be your family too, ya know."

"Yes I do know that. And I'm happy for it."

"Your family does look vast Applejack." Luna said with a calm tone. "Don't you think so Twilight?"

"U-huh." Twilight said hesitantly.

"Twilight," Luna said, looking worryingly at Twilight. "What's the matter?"

"N-nothing." Twilight replied with a shaking sound. "I'm fine."

"You're nervous, aren't you?"

"I feel that I could throw up any moment." Twilight said in a worrying voice.

"It's okay darling." Luna said, putting a hoof on Twilight's shoulder and pulling her slightly to her side. "I'm here with you, so be strong for me."

"A- aren't you nervous??"

"I've fought many furious battles before and haven't been nervous like this." Luna said, and then she looked in twilight's eyes and continued. "That's why I want you to be strong for me."

Twilight then smiled to her lover, took a deep breath and said. "Alright, let's do this together."

Luna then smiled and said. "Yes, together."

Applejack then looked at Rarity and said. "Together?"

Rarity then kissed her forehead and said. "Forever, my darling."

"Then it's settled." Luna said with a confident voice. "Let's get out there and make this a day to remember."

"Alright." The other three mares said in an enthusiastic tone.

With this said, the three mares went out at the end of the aisle that was paved with ponies and rose petals. The scene was like that of a beautiful dream. The first pair to walk down the aisle was the two alicorns. They walked steadily and tall, both looking with the corners of their eyes at the massive crowd of people who came to congratulate them. After what seemed to be years, even if it was actually mere minutes, the pair was standing in front of the princess of the sun.

"Ladies and gentlecolts," Celestia said with a steady voice, looking at the two mares. "We are gathered here to unite these two ponies with the sacred bond of marriage. So, without further ado, Princess Twilight of Equestria."

"Yes, your highness." Replied Twilight.

"Do you agree to take Princess Luna of Equestria as your partner for life?"

"I- I do." Twilight said with red cheeks.

"Good, then, Princess Luna of Equestria."

"Yes." Luna replied.

"Do you accept Princess Twilight of Equestria to be your partner for life, to protect and support her through the worst as well as the best of times?"

"I do." Luna said, full of confidence.

"Then, by the authority I have as the ruler of Equestria and the Princess of the Sun. I announce you, Princess Twilight of Equestria, and you, Princess Luna of Equestria, mare and wife. You may now kiss the bride." Princess Celestia said before adding in a whisper to the two. "I'm really proud of both of you."

Luna then looked at twilight with a face full of love, then into her eyes which were full of joy and embarrassment. Then she said "Congratulations, my princess." Then they kissed, Twilight was taken aback a little by the kiss but she merged into it soon after. It
was a very passionate kiss, a kiss that conveyed what words couldn't.

Then there was the pair of an elegant, beautiful unicorn and a graceful and proud earth pony. They walked so close to each other that it might be thought that they were supporting each other. Then, they reached the end of the aisle in front of the Sun Princess, who announced them as mare and wife with similar words to those of Twilight and Luna. The only change in the scene was the thunderous cheer that filled the room from the apple family when Applejack and Rarity kissed.

After that there was a party that has never been thrown before. Fluttershy sang more beautiful than any bird could ever sing. Rainbow Dash did neither one, nor two, but three consecutive Sonic Rainbooms, a stunt that she kept practicing on just for the wedding. Pinkie Pie was also able to amaze everypony with a massive, six story wedding cake. Each story was telling a stage of the love stories of these four mares.


The present day (25 years later)

So, this is the greatest love story in the Equine history. I must say gathering the material for this piece of writing was not that hard as most of it was taken from the real heroines of our story. The hard part was actually to find the appropriate words to describe the story as it was told to me by the princesses.

Actually, what I told you so far was not the end of a story but rather the beginning of it. A story that resulted in the most loved regime that ever ruled Equestria, and it was because these new rulers were raised knowing the true power of the magic of friendship, and the magic of love.

How do I know that? Because I am the ruler I was talking about. Let me introduce you to myself, that's of course if you're not an Equine. My name is King Twinkle Sparkle of Equestria, son of Princess Twilight of Equestria and Princess Luna of Equestria, the male alicorn of the millennium, King of thunder and night sky. But most ponies like to call me, The Magic Child.

I was given this nickname for a very obvious reason, and that is I was actually born by magic. It's an interesting story actually that became later a common knowledge for most of the ponies. But I will tell you briefly this amazing story.

Five years after my parents' marriage, Twilight started to have the desire of having kids. When she talked to Luna about it Luna said that they could always turn to adoption. However, Twilight refused because she wanted a kid to have both hers and Luna's blood. Luna of course said that this was impossible to happen. Twilight, nevertheless, didn't give up. She started searching for a spell that could form a zygote by DNA fusion and no fertilization needed. However, there was no luck.

After a year of constant researches Twilight came to an ancient scroll. She found it in one of the ruins of the old temples of the Crystal Empire. It was talking about raw magic and that it was the source of birth of the entire pony race. When Twilight asked the two regal sisters about it, they said this was the first time they knew their information as it was tens of thousands of years before the formation of Equestria.

This scroll held an interesting fact. That if a pony was strong enough to extract its magical source into a raw, materialistic form, it can carry the information of said pony and behave accordingly. Which means that, with a strong enough magical medium, the magical forces could form physical entities and mate, forming a strong and magically powerful meanings. Afterwards this was proven to be the source of the alicorn existence.

My parents described this as a very tiring process. But the hardest part was the extraction of magic as it was nearly lethal even to an alicorn. With both Celestia and Cadence providing the magical medium the two forces, both Twilight and Luna, could mate and the zygote was transferred into Twilight's womb to complete its development. And thus, I was born as the first male alicorn in ten thousand years since my grandfather.

This came to a big expense to the four princesses. The process required a lot of magic that it took off a part of their souls, reducing their life spans. Also, due to the same reason, this process could only be performed once and that's why I had no siblings. Moreover the details of the process weren't shared with the public because if it was performed by any other pony it would kill them.

That's all, now if you excuse me. I've got some royal matters to attend to. But if I am to say some last words, I'd tell you never to underestimate the power of love. For love can do miracles. I'd even say that love is a miracle by itself. I didn't believe this myself until I tasted love and was bounded by its bonds. Also, love yourselves and love each other. Because if you are able to love and be loved, nothing else in the world matters.

Author's Note:

Now that's the end of this project folks. It was amazing writing this novel and I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing. Now I'll take a little break after starting on my new project. However I won't be as active as usual due to me starting college. The project will be a totally new style and I hope that you like me in this new style as you did in the romantic one. I also wanted to thank everyone who wrote a comment to criticize or point out a problem in my writing style, grammar or language. You really helped me improve my style a lot. I hope you keep up following me. If you want bonus chapters or something comment it or PM me your thoughts. Well, that's all folks. Peace out fellas.

Comments ( 3 )

Awesome fic. There is nothing more to say. Of course there was little bit of grammar mistakes but even who doesn't care. I give it :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:/:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

5467375 Well, I get what you're trying to say. The story isn't perfect of course. However you misinterpreted a lot of parts. Also, can't a writer throw a random joke or expose a sensitive part every once in a while here and there. Your points are really considered but I think you might get the full pic if you got through the whole story. Not forcing you or anything, just a piece of advice.
And thank you for taking the time to point out the flaws. I must take that into consideration in my next writing.

I would like to see some bonus chapters on this story.

Login or register to comment