• Published 13th Dec 2012
  • 3,719 Views, 68 Comments

Love Is Magic - TwinkleSparkle



Twilight Sparkle, Princess Luna, Rarity and Applejack. Four ponies, once best friends, now lovers.

  • ...
28
 68
 3,719

An Invitation

It was an ordinary morning at our beloved, lively town of Ponyville. Where, as the song says, everything is certainly fine. Exactly, nothing was out of the ordinary. Fluttershy was in her cottage with her animals. Pinkie Pie was in Sugarcube Corner making another batch of her delightful cupcakes. Rainbow Dash was in the skies flying in every direction with the ordinary super speed she tends to fly with every time she was to do a new stunt. Applejack was in Sweet Apple Acres doing her normal chores.

Rarity, well, Rarity started her day normally. She woke up, went for a shower, had the ordinary 2 hour mane styling session, checked her mail, found a scroll with a very well known lavender ribbon to wrap it. She got really excited when she saw the message. After all, they haven't heard of their beloved friend since the coronation. She un-wrapped the scroll, started reading, eager to know the latest news. When she finished reading, though, her eyes shot wide open, a wide grin formed on her face and she hurried off to find her friends.

Half an hour later, the five friends were sitting together in Sugarcube Corner. They were all sitting, staring at the mare that called them all on such a short notice. She was so persistent that they should be all present that she had to get, a little off her lady nature, to get some of them to come.

“I’m so, so sorry for the fiasco I made to gather all of you here.” Rarity said, trying to be as professional as possible. "But I believe that there's some news from our friend Twilight that you should know."

She then revealed the scroll she received from Twilight, and started reading what was written in it.

My dearest friends,

How are you all doing? I can’t believe I haven’t seen you for an entire month. You don’t know how much I miss you all. How is everypony in Ponyville? And how is the library? Is it in the same, good condition as I left it? And who’s running it? I want to come back to see it and see all of you!

Huh, Luna says hi to all of you and is telling me to get straight to the topic. You know how I am when it comes to talking about books. So, anyway, I’m sending you this as an invitation and a request. The invitation is for a wedding that will be commenced in two weeks here in Canterlot. The request is that I want you to be the bridesmaids. As for the couple who’s getting married they’re their highnesses Princess Luna of Equestria and Princess Twilight of Equestria.

Yes, I’m getting married. Can you believe it? We still can’t believe it ourselves. Luna and I have been preparing for the wedding for a week now. In only two weeks we’ll be Mare and Wife. Naturally, who’s better to be there with me on this occasion, other than the five of you?

So, I’m waiting to see you in two days here at the palace. The Elements of Harmony carriage on the Canterlot Express has been reserved for you for the day. And trust me, we’ve got a lot of work to do, and a lot of catching up as well. Don’t be late girls, I’m counting on you.

From your best friend forever,

Twilight Sparkle.

Ps: When Rarity receives this letter. Make sure to isolate her by any means from other mares. I don’t want to see the news writing about it two weeks in advance.


“WHAT? Twilight is getting married?” Pinkie said in a mid-panicking way.

“That’s great news. I’m really, really happy for her.” Fluttershy said.

“Wow, I thought that this egghead will never find somepony to love," Rainbow Dash said. "not to mention get married to. I gotta say she surpassed my expectations.”

“Well, she did surprise us all by this letter. When I received the letter and first read it I thought she was joking. But I can’t really believe she wrote something as harsh as making you put me in solitary confinement.”

“Let’s face it Rarity,” Rainbow Dash said. “Whenever you hear something new, you’re like a gossiping time bomb.”

“I am not. My tongue is though, sometimes.”

The friends started laughing together. However, Applejack didn't share the laugh. She just sat there, staring at them quietly. She was really lost in though. The only one who seemed to notice it was Rarity.

“Applejack, what’s wrong, dear? You seem sad about the news.”

“Huh,” Applejack said as she snapped from her condition. “Nah, it’s not that. Of course ahm happy fer Twilight. It’s just- err- ah have a ton of chores to do so ah gotta leave. See ya later girls.”

“Wait! What about the preparation for our leaving?”

“We’ll start it tomorrow. Ah’ll come to the boutique and we’ll prepare for everything.”

“Okay, dear.” Rarity said as she gave Applejack a quick kiss. “Don’t push yourself too hard, okay.”

“Ah’ll try not to.” Applejack said as she walked away from the rest of the girls.

“What’s wrong with her?” Rainbow Dash said. “I thought she would be the most excited one.”

“I honestly don’t have the slightest clue.” Rarity said. “But I’m sure she’s happy for Twilight. But I better go check on her later.”


As she went back to the orchard, Applejack’s thought kept wondering about the same thought for a lot of time, over and over again. How did Twilight have the courage to make this kind of commitment before her? She always was certain that she was to be the first mare to marry in the group. Twilight’s marriage news came as a shock for her. She kept thinking why she couldn’t take that same decision sooner. What was keeping her from it? She loved Rarity and she was so certain of it. So, why didn’t she make this decision before? And most importantly, why is she so upset about the idea of Twilight getting married before her?

Her trail of thoughts was cut by the entrance of her little sister.

“Ahm back.” Applebloom said in a very depressed tone.

“Hey there Applebloom, how was- Oh! What is it sugarcube?”

“It’s nothin’.”

“Come on, ya know ya can tell me. Did somethin’ happen at school?”

“No.”

“Then what is it?”

“It’s Sweetie Belle and Spike.”

“What did they do to make you so upset?”

“Their relationship takes a lot of their time, and now most of the time, Sweetie Belle doesn’t come to our Crusader’s meetings because she has a date with Spike or somethin’.”

“So that’s what really makes you upset?”

“Yeah, it’s like she’s getting away from us.”

“Did you talk to her about it?”

“No, I didn’t.”

“And why didn’t ya?”

“Because, ahm-”

“Because what?”

“Because I’m jealous of her, okay.”

“You’re jealous of her?” Applejack said, but this time in a confused tone.

“Yes, Ah just can’t understand how she could have a coltfriend before me. Ah mean, ahm older.”

Applejack was lost for words for some time. She was looking at her little sister having the same problem she had. Why wouldn’t she accept the simple fact? The answer was so obvious but she was so blind by her pride to see it. She just had to accept it because it happened to be that way. Simply that Twilight and Luna came to this realization sooner. Also, she made another resolution, and she was determined to take action as soon as she could.

“Well, Applebloom. These things can’t be rushed, you know. You just need to wait for the perfect colt for you. Or, do you have somepony in mind?”

"Who, me?"

"Yes, you're old enough fer that. And your face says it all."

“Well, you got me.” Applebloom said, blushing slightly. "There’s this colt in school that is really awesome, and I’m kinda into him.”

“Then go and talk to him. But ya gotta introduce him to us before ya two start anythin’ serious.”

“Ah sure will.” Applebloom said enthusiastically, and then she hugged her sister. “Thanks sis.”

“No problem, now go upstairs and start doin’ yer homework.”

“Alright.” Applebloom said as she ran to her room upstairs.

Applejack just stared at her as she got up, thinking how fast foals grow. Now, with that sorted out, she sent to get prepared for one of the most important moments in her and her marefriend's futures. She was ready to do it as soon as possible. Now, where did she put that ring Granny Smith gave to her?


The next day she was to meet Rarity at the boutique. She went to her as soon as she finished her morning chores. She didn’t tell anypony about her plans. She wasn’t hundred percent sure if her plan would work. She hadn’t talked about the topic of marriage with Rarity before. But she felt this genuine feeling that Rarity would like for their relationship to get to the next level.

Her thoughts made the trip to the boutique seem to take mere seconds. Before she knew it she was in front of the door that separated her from the moment of truth. This was it, the moment she opens these doors there’s no turning back. Or else she would hate herself forever.

“Well, no time fer chickening out now.” She said as she took a deep breath and opened the door. “How is the best fashionista in Equestria?”

“Oh, hey Honey.” Rarity said as she gave Applejack a sweet, deep kiss. “Come in, we have a lot of work to do.”

“Yeah, well, before that sugarcube. There's something I wanted to talk to you about.”

“What is it darling? Is it about yesterday?”

“Yeah, well, kinda. Ah was just thinking about the whole marriage thing.”

“Yeah, it is a bit scary. But it’s also wonderful that these two had the courage to do something as that.”

"Yeah, they are." Applejack said, avoiding eye contact with Rarity.

"Darling, you're worrying me." Rarity said, putting a hoof on her love's cheek. "Please tell me."

“Well, I just wanted to know. What do you think of marriage?”

“Well, it’s a great responsibility. However, if the two love each other, I think they will go through it and everything will be fine.”

“If they love each other, like us?”

“Yes, like- Oh Applejack, are you implying?”

Applejack took that as her cue. She kneeled on her hind limbs and pulled out the diamond ring. Rarity, on the other side, was in complete shock.

“Rares, we’ve been together for more than two years now. We’ve been through a lot and gone through good, bad and crazy times. Well, heh, ya know ahm not good at this fancy shmancy talking so I’ll be straight. Rarity, would you like to be my partner forever and marry this old fool of a mare?”

Rarity’s tears streamed on her cheeks, the proposal was sudden and unexpected. But here it was, the mare of her dreams asking her hoof in marriage. She was paralyzed for a moment before she got herself together and threw herself on the mare giving her a deep hug.
“Oh, of course I would marry you Applejack.” Rarity said as she kissed the mare so deeply and so passionately as if she wanted to show how much she wanted her through this kiss.

"Well, sorry for the lousy proposal Rare. Ah know you were looking for somethin' more fancy."

Rarity giggled, she took her mare's cheek in her hoof and planted a gentle kiss on her lips. Then she said "As long as it comes from you, I don't care how it was."

"Well, Ahm glad you feel that way. Cuz you know you've just made a decision that will change your life forever."

"I know AJ, and I don't regret it a bit. For I know that, as long as I have you by my side. Nothing can make me feel fear."

"And Ah'll stay beside ya, protectin' ya from anythin' that can hurt ya. Now, don' we have some preparations do to?"

"I think that preparations can wait. I just want to stay in your embrace for a little longer."

"You got it sugarcube."

"I love you AJ."

"Love ya too, Rare."

The mares then kept silent in their embrace for a long time on the floor of the boutique, thinking how lucky they were that they had each other. The both were willing to take this risk and to take their new life as it comes.

Author's Note:

I don't know, but thought that I had to rewrite the chapter, give it a little more depth. Also, there's two more chapters I'll be working on and will be ready soon. I know it has been a while. But school is really giving me no time al all.