• Published 10th Dec 2012
  • 958 Views, 28 Comments

Repairing Harmony, Book 1: Twilight Sparkle. - twow443

  • ...
6
 28
 958

Dancing with the Past

Chapter 3- Dancing with the Past

“Uhh.” I rolled over onto my hooves, raising one to my head. I felt another hoof on my shoulder.

“Broken? Are you alright?” Derpy asked. I looked up and saw worry in her eyes.

“How-how are you not dizzy?” I asked, still attempting to orient myself.

Derpy smiled. “I crash into things all the time. It's no biggie.”

I groaned again and turned, only to see the other two Metal Ponies standing in front of us. “Can't catch a break I see.” I sighed.

Derpy turned and saw them as one of them opened his mouth. “Attention. You have committed a crime of attacking a officer. Prepare to be eradicated.”

As the robot started to charge his laser gun, I noticed the one Derpy had used next to my hoof. The robot was aiming at Derpy, so I only had one chance. Just as the robot fired I yelled, “Heads up!” I kicked the cylinder so that it rose up in front of Derpy. The laser hit the cylinder just as it passed in front of Derpy's face, knocking it into her mouth.

She glanced wildly at me as I crouched. “Go Derpy! Fly away from me and take it out!” Without a second guess my pegasus friend shot up into the air. Immediately, one of the robot ponies sported a large engine from it's back. It fired up and the pony shot up after Derpy. I stood there looking until I almost was shot in the side. “Right.” I said, “You still want to play.” I dashed off, the robot on my tail.

. . .

Derpy flew as fast as she could, the cylinder still in her mouth. The Metal Pony was on her tail, refusing to be lost.

“Gotta get away!” Derpy thought as she flew. “If he catches me, I'll be in trouble!” Derpy was concentrating so hard on flying that the robot got off a lucky shot and singed her wing.

“Ow!” She exclaimed. Derpy started to lose altitude, more from shock then pain. She swerved into a patch of trees hoping to lose the robot, but he was still tracking her.

Derpy flew at a tree branch that was directly in front of her and grabbed it, bending it backwards. As the robot flew by she let go, sending the branch towards the robot. She heard a swishing sound and whipped around to see the robot holding a yellow glowing sword in its mouth.

“Ahh!” Derpy ducked as the robot swung the sword at her. It got stuck in the tree, forcing the robot to let go of it. Derpy flew up and found a good sized acorn. Picking it up, she flung it at the robot, hitting him in the side. He abandoned the sword and flew up to where Derpy was, but she had already moved. She wrapped her forelegs around the sword and started tugging on it. “Come on! Get free!”

The robot shot at Derpy. Derpy gasped and ducked as the bolt whizzed past her and blew a hole in the ground. Derpy gritted her teeth and yanked on the sword harder. She ducked under another laser shot, but was still unable to free the sword.

“No, I can't lose like this!” Derpy angrily said. “I can't leave Broken alone, and...” Her thought was interrupted as a cyan pegasus came up behind her.

“Having a little trouble?” she asked, grabbing the sword as well.

“Rainbow...Dash?” Derpy asked in disbelief.

The pony grinned. “Yeah. Now can we talk later? Pull!” Narrowly dodging another laser bolt, the two mares finally were able to yank the sword out of the tree. Rainbow Dash immediately flew off as the robot flew closer to them.

Derpy's instincts took over as she flew around the tree and bucked the robot in the face. Then she twirled the sword and drove it upwards into the robot's body. Still holding the hilt, she threw the sword and robot to the ground. They landed with a thud. Derpy flew down and landed next to the fallen robot. She reached out to touch it...

“Wha!!” Derpy jumped back as the robot sprang to life. It had a sword though its body, but it didn't seem to care. Frightened, Derpy launched herself into the air again, the robot not far behind.

As Derpy rose above the trees, she saw Rainbow Dash sitting on a cloud. When she noticed Derpy, she jumped off the cloud and kicked it, sending it towards Derpy. Derpy caught it, turned and held it in front of her, causing the robot to get stuck in it. Derpy jumped on the cloud, accidentally sparking it and sending electricity though herself and the robot. The electricity actually flung Derpy off the cloud, but continued to flow though the robot. The gray pegasus watched as the robot shook in the cloud, then finally exploded.

Derpy covered her face, then sighed. “Wow, that was rough. Hey, where did Rainbow Dash go?” She turned to find her friend, but she was nowhere to be seen.

“Oh well, I guess I better go find Broken...Oh no! Broken!” In panic, Derpy flew back in the direction of Sugarcube Corner to find her friend.

. . .

“Why couldn't I have been given wings?!” I gasped out as I ran from the lethal pony behind me. The robot had been shooting at me after I had dashed away. I led the robot into the town, noting that everypony was gone. “Good, they won't be in any danger.” I said.

All of a sudden, the world shimmered and I felt a warm glow in my soul. “Nice.” I said. “Now I can fight back.”

I ran towards Rarity's shop because I had seen a long banner on the roof. I blinked twice at a patch of ground and jumped on it. It acted as a springboard and launched me into the air. I grabbed the end of the banner with my teeth and fell. I painfully swung on the end of the banner until it ripped free and I landed on my back.

I struggled to get up. The robot was getting closer to me and I didn't have time to wait. I felt the glow fading and the world returning to normal but I was still able to toss the banner at the robot and wrap it up. As everything turned to normal, I ran up to the robot to buck it in the face. Unfortunately, at that exact moment, the robot chose to burn though the banner. I reared up to turn, and it blasted me in the chest.

I flew though the air and landed hard on my side. The robot started to stalk closer to me slowly, as if it knew that I was beaten.

“No, no, no!” I groaned. “Need a plan!” Then, the world shimmered again.

From where I was, I saw a patch of grass. Using my reality shifting, I singled out a single blade of grass, and sharpened the point. I also covered it in cement.

Quick as a flash, I stood up and whipped my head around, sending the blade of grass clean though the robots head. For a second I thought that nothing had happened, until the robot started shaking. “Great.. I know what this means.” I ran to the grass and wrapped myself in it just as the robot exploded.

The grass acted as a sort of cushion for me, so I didn't break any bones when I slammed on the ground again. That doesn't mean it didn't hurt, because it still did. “Uhh.” I groaned again. “Stupid robots.”

“Broken!!” I glanced up as I saw Derpy fly at me. She slammed into me, us rolling on the ground as she gave me a big hug. “You're okay!”

“Of course. I am the Element of Harmony.” Derpy grinned and punched me in the side. “Ow, okay. I'm done being cheeky!”

A loud humming noise filled the air causing us to look up, and pale. A very large robot was in the air. It looked like a unicorn and was the length of two hoofball fields.

“Hey Broken?” Derpy asked.

“Yeah?” I replied.

“Should we start running now?” She inquired.

I nodded. “That would probably be a good idea.” We looked at each other, nodded, then dashed in the direction of Sugarcube Corner.

. . .

Surprisingly, the kitchen of Sugarcube Corner hadn't been totaled by the laser. I was able to use a quick reality shift to put the stove and fridge back and Derpy had scouted around for food. I had left the store to go search for any more food and when I had gotten back, Derpy had made blueberry muffins for us. And they were big.

As we ate, Derpy and I talked. “So Derpy, tell me about Equestria.” I said.

Derpy tilted her head. “What do you mean? We're in Equestria right now.”

“No, I mean your Equestria.” I said. “Not this fragment of it. Tell me about your true home.”

I saw a blissful smile come over my friend's face. “It was wonderful Broken. Everyday was something new, especially after Twilight came to Ponyville. I was still the mailmare then. It was my dream really, to be able to help ponies like that. Ponies didn't usually fight, or get into arguments. The sun was always shining, unless we needed a storm, or if it was winter. You'd love it there.”

“So, it was rather peaceful?” I asked.

Derpy nodded. “Oh yes. Ponies were taught from birth to always try to solve problems peacefully. Guess we weren't able to do that here.”

I laughed. “That's true. So, where did you live?”

“I lived in Cloudsdale with my..” Derpy's voice trailed off.

“With who?” I asked, not quite hearing her.

“My daughter, Dinky.” I heard sadness in my friend's voice. “The last time I saw her was when I dropped her off at school. Then I woke up on your leg.”

“Hey, it'll be fine.” I said. “Remember, Luna said that we're the only ones from the original Equestria that are traveling. We'll find Dinky on the last dimension.” Derpy simply nodded, still upset.

Trying to change the subject I asked. “So, did you ever work on the weather?”

“A few times.” Derpy said, smiling again. “I wasn't very good at it. Kept shocking myself on the thunderclouds.” Derpy and I shared a laugh at that.

Then, we heard a thud from behind the stove. I got up and motioned to Derpy to stay sitting. The stove shook and then moved to the side revealing a hole. A cyan pegasus mare with a rainbow mane and tail jumped out, along with a pink earth mare with an equally pink mane and tail. The cyan pegasus looked at me and asked, “What are you doing here?”