• Published 10th Dec 2012
  • 2,109 Views, 51 Comments

The Fall of the Rainbow Factory - ShadowBrony



A story about the destruction and downfall of the Rainbow Factory.

  • ...
11
 51
 2,109

Chapter 1

The Fall of the Rainbow Factory

Chapter 1

Two fillies walked toward a chariot with their heads hung low. One was an orange filly with a red mane the other was grey with a blonde mane. They had both just failed the test. The big and final test that, if they had passed, would have gone on to help them become successful in the future. But they had failed. Now they were being exiled for it. They knew nothing about where they are going or if they will ever be able to come back. They would never get to see their friends again. They would never see their homes again. And, although they had yet to learn this, it might be the last time they are heard from ever again. As they got on the chariot waiting for them a stallion quietly got on behind them.

The two fillies sat down and looked up at the horse that had just joined them. He wore a cape with a hood that made it almost impossible to see his face. His hooves appeared black but they could not see anything else due to the cape and hood. The driver looked up and stared at the stallion. “Looks like you might have gotten on the wrong chariot get out now and I’ll forget this ever happened.” The stallion remained silent and did not move. “Suit yourself, heck if care what happens to ya.” The doors closed and the chariot started to move. The young pegasi looked at the ground. They appeared to be ready to cry at any moment.

Sometimes, the pegasi would look up a glance over at the hooded stallion, but quickly looked away every time he turned toward them. After a long period of silence, the orange filly sat up “Hey, what is your name and what are you doing here? My name is Sky Rider and the grey one over there is named Silent Fog. She doesn't talk much." The stallion ignored her. “Are you even a Pegasus? You may not realize this but we are on our way to be exiled. You didn’t fail the test and you may not even be a Pegasus so why are you here?” The stallion looked out into the horizon but didn’t say a word."Humpf" said Sky Rider, as she look back down at the ground.

Finally they arrived at their destination. The two fillies got off along with the hooded stallion. They were greeted by a dark red Pegasus dressed in a white lab coat. He looked at the fillies, "Welcome you little piece of failures to society. This is the Rainbow Factory. It is where you shall be spending the rest of your miserable lives working here to create rainbows. Shall we start the tour? Wait hold on… what are you doing here?” He looked at the pony with black cape and hood. “Hmm… seems that you do not belong here. Too bad for you, that it is impossible for you to leave now. You have already seen too much even if you are not sure what you have seen. You shall make a fine worker here. I am sure that you will fit somewhere in this factory. Even if you don’t, you will still be useful none the less. Follow me” he started walking into the factory and reluctantly the fillies followed with the hooded stallion right behind. Behind them they were joined by two pegasi in black coats.

After weaving in and around the factory they stopped in a small room. It appeared to have once been a storage room. “Usually I would have led you to a different location but the room is under construction following a certain incident a few months ago.” The red Pegasus clenched his teeth when he said incident. The pegasi in black coats griminced but remained silent.

“Now ever wonder how rainbows are made? I could give you an amazing back story on this and normally someone else would tell this amazing tale, but she is busy at the moment and I am not much of a talker any more. So let’s get down to business. Rainbows are made up of dead, worthless pegasi and you will soon be joining them. Your death will make something beautiful. So get used to that fact and maybe the process will go smoother then in the past. So wants to go first?” The red Pegasus grinned as the fillies stared in shock and horror.

“This can’t be true” said Sky Rider. The red Pegasus looked at the little filly. It was orange with a red mane. It was short but curly. The red Pegasus frowned and stared at the young filly.“You remind me of someone who angers me at the thought of her to this day. Perhaps you shall go first.” The filly took a few steps back. The red Pegasus turned and looked at the stallion, “What about this stallion with the black hood. You have been silent all this time.We could always use more janitors to clean up the blood and move the bodys if they start to fill up. Will you join us? We could use a quit one like you.” The stallion shook his head and snorted. It almost sounded like a laugh. “You, are you mocking me? You dare laugh at the idea of working here?” The red Pegasus looked like he was about to explode. "This place is more important than you could ever fathom. Since you can not leave there are only two choices left for you, work or die." The stallion remained silent. "Fine you shall be first then.”

He nodded at the black coated pegasi. “Take him to be processed now!” The black coated pegasi walked forward, tazers ready. The hooded stallion looked right then left at both of them. “Last chance stallion, join us or die” yelled the red Pegasus. One of the pegasi with the black coat tried to grab the stallion. As soon as he did the hooded stallion shoved the pegasi to the side. The pegasi faltered but regained his footing and started to walk back over to the stallion's side. The red pegasus looked annoyed, "come on, stop making this hard, join us and I'll forget the fact you just assulted one of my workers. Just be a good little horse and do as you are told." The stallion looked up at the red pegasus and muttered “Do you ever stop talking?”

Infuriated the red Pegasus yelled “Zap him now. Make bleed and beg for mercy. Make him beg to be processed!” Before the pegasi could lift up the tazers the hooded stallion spun toward the pegasi drawing forth a sword hidden in his cape. The pegasi lifted their tazers but before they could even take a step forward,the stallion spun around, the sword had passed clean through both of them. The two halves of each of the pegasi fell to the ground. As they hit the ground the hooded stallion appeared right in front of the red Pegasus, his sword two inches away from his head. The red Pegasus looked up at the hooded stallion. The black stallion’s eyes glowed yellow. “The fall of the Rainbow Factory has begun” he said as he thrust the sword forward. The blade went right between his eyes. The sword ramained in his skull for a second before the stallion removed it.

The look of shock remained on the Pegasus even as his hit the ground, dead





Authors note. I realised that I had put Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo icons on there and that is because they will be in the coming chapters and they are a big part of this story. This is my first story so go easy on me. I will try to have the next chapter made as soon as I can.
Edit: just went through this chapter and added some names to the fillies and gave the ending more detail. Also I fixed most of the grammer as well.