• Published 8th Dec 2012
  • 2,843 Views, 72 Comments

The Element of Corruption - Fyronarion



When dark thoughts corrupts Twilight, she starts exploring the truth about her friends.

  • ...
12
 72
 2,843

First Assignment

Here you guys go, Chapter 2! Also, I was surprised to see the amount of comments and the people who favorited the story. I never knew that was going to happen xD
You can be assured that this story will now be updated. Next chapter will come tomorrow :D



The moon cast a bright glow over the fields, and the trees were rustling softly against the cool night wind. The faint aroma of flowers were in the air, fresh from their summertime bloom. In the distance, two figures were gliding across the field towards Ponyville. One was tall and majestic, and the other one was small and miserable looking. Twilight and Nightmare made their way to Ponyville.

“We are here.” said Nightmare a few minutes later. Indeed, both of them were on a small hill that was overlooking Ponyville. The lights in the small town are off, as it’s normal denizens are off asleep. However, one small cottage in the distance had its’ lights on. Twilight gulped and turned to Nightmare.

“So, Nightmare-” she was cut off when Nightmare held her hoof up towards her.

“Please, call me Luna. It is much simpler.” she said. Twilight nodded and continued her sentence.

“Okay then, Luna. I have to go there and...kill Fluttershy?” asked Twilight. Luna nodded.

“Yes. Do it quietly. We do not want to alert the citizens of this town. Make sure you do it quickly too. Out of all the Elements, she has a pure soul. I cannot let her be tortured to death. Even the bad ponies have a little bit of mercy.” said Luna, a small smile on her lips. Twilight sighed in resignation. She will regret doing this to her friend...

Meanwhile, a few feet up in the clouds...

It was a tiring day for Rainbow Dash. An order for a thunderstorm came in for Manehattan this morning and she has also received information that Ponyville needed the skies to be clear tonight. Not to mention that she also had to train her flying skills to make up for the lost time. After finishing her work, she found the nearest and most comfortable cloud she could find and collapsed onto it, looking forward for a good nap.

She scratched her back and turned over, mumbling something about the Wonderbolts. What she didn’t know were two ponies a few feet below her, intent on killing one of her friends.

As if on cue, a dark cloud floated lazily above her sleeping form. It puffed up and exhaled, dropping rain all over her. Few seconds later, Rainbow Dash gasped and jolted from her sleep. She looked down on herself and then scowled at the cloud that rained on her.

“Stupid cloud. I told Derpy to move that one towards Manehattan...” mumbled Rainbow Dash, turning around and bucking it as hard as she could. The cloud flew over the horizon like a football and disappeared. Rainbow Dash turned around and was going to go back to sleep when she suddenly caught two figure below her. She peeked over the clouds and vaguely recognized one as Twilight.

“Twilight? What’s she doing in the middle of the night?” asked Rainbow Dash to herself. She was about to go down there to ask her when she noticed another figure next to her. A closer inspection revealed that it was Nightmare Moon. Rainbow Dash gasped, quickly covering her mouth to muffle it.

What’s Twilight doing with HER?! It doesn’t look good. Oh no, I think she’s allied with her now.

As soon as Rainbow Dash thought that, she kicked herself. Why would she think that? Twilight was one of the most smartest and nicest ponies she ever knew. She wouldn’t do anything that stupid. But still...

Even though it’s bogus that Twilight is with her, I will follow them. Better safe than sorry.

Rainbow Dash smiled at that idea. Time for a bit of night time flying...

Back on the ground....

“Use your magic to suppress her. After you have done that, say your last words and mercifully execute her. I shall be watching in my mist form from the windows. Do not fear; she cannot see my form against such a dark sky.” explained Luna. Both of them were hiding in a bush a few feet in front of Fluttershy’s cottage. Twilight nodded and Luna smiled softly.

“You shall do well. Remember Twilight Sparkle, great things come with great sacrifices. You shall mourn of her death, but once the Lunar Republic rises, you will realize that her death was necessary for victory. Good luck.” she said, melting. Her pony form slowly moulded into a dark blue cloud that swirled around the bush. It then dissolved in the air, and the night once again was filled with the sound of crickets and sleepy chickens.

“Here I go..” whispered Twilight, making her way to the front door.

To Rainbow Dash...

She’s going to visit Fluttershy? In the middle of the night? Something is very fishy here...

Rainbow Dash frowned at that thought. What would she do with her at this hour? Maybe something important, as Fluttershy is known to stay awake during this hour to tend her animals.

“Oh well. Probably forgot a book at her house or something.” muttered Rainbow Dash, shrugging to herself.

Again to Twilight....

Twilight reached the front door and gulped again. She turned the knob, but to no avail. The door was locked. She looked around covertly and her horn started to glimmer. The lock on the door glowed with her magical aura, and it soon made a satisfying click. Twilight gently pushed the door open, and it creaked open. She tiphoofed inside and quietly shut it behind her. She turned around to see the living room dark, with only a small candle illuminating the room.

Several small snoring was heard from the animals, and Twilight held back a giggle. She went towards the stairs and stealthily climbed them, avoiding the creaking floorboards. She thought she heard something scurrying past her, and she froze for a minute, her ears perked in alert.

It’s just my imagination. Ugh, I need to get this over with.

She shook her head and continued up the stairs until she reached a small hallway. There were two doors. One of them was open, and a small light was coming from it’s crease. Twilight walked towards it and pushed the door open softly. She peered over it to see Fluttershy sleeping, her body moving rhythmically to her breath. Twilight walked towards her, her horn glowing.

She felt her heart beating faster, as if it wants to jump out of her mouth. Beads of sweat trickled down her face as she stared at one of her friends, about to be slain. Twilight started to lower her horn towards Fluttershy. It was simple. She is going to cast a Suppressor spell that will prevent Fluttershy from resisting her fate and let Twilight do the job easier.

When Twilight neared her, she groaned and quickly moved back, slamming against the wall. This caused the vases on the shelf to fall with a crash, quickly awaking the yellow pegasus. Twilight fell against the ground, hooves wrapped around her legs.

“I-I-I can’t do this..” she whispered, shuddering. Fluttershy, who was holding her quilt up like a shield, lowered it once she realized that it was her friend. She cocked her head quizzically.

“Twilight? What are you doing here? I was sleeping, and you woke me up. But I don’t mind.” chastised Fluttershy softly, hovering towards Twilight. She quickly raised her hooves in self-defense.

“Don’t come near me!” shouted Twilight. Fluttershy halted, confused and slightly hurt.

“Why? Is there something wrong?” asked Fluttershy. Twilight just breathed shallowly, and Fluttershy continued towards Twilight. Once she reached her, she gently placed her hoof on her shoulder. Twilight began to cry.

“There, there. Everything will be alright.” reassured Fluttershy, patting Twilight. She didn’t hear the low growl behind Twilight’s sobs.

All she felt was a force pushing her back. When she opened her eyes, Fluttershy found herself caved into the walls of her room. Her wings were bent, and one of them was broken. Fluttershy cried in pain as she tried to move. Every inch of her back was screaming in protest. She stopped moving and looked up to see Twilight levitating, her eyes pure black and horn glowing with dark energy. Fluttershy screamed, raising her hooves to defend her pitiful form.

As Twilight was going to fire her horn, the window shattered and a rainbow blur tackled her against the wall. Both ponies let out a grunt as debris flew everywhere.

“WHAT THE BUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!” shouted Rainbow Dash, punching Twilight in the face. Twilight spat out blood and grinned maniacally.

“Everything.” she simply said, grabbing Rainbow Dash by the throat. RD choked, gasping for air. Twilight held and smashed her against the ground. Dash groaned, rubbing her head. She tilted her head to the left and saw Twilight marching towards Fluttershy, who was trying to get her wings out of the rubble.

“Not on my watch.” snarled Rainbow Dash, quickly getting up and flying towards Twilight. She rammed hard against her, and both of them crashed through the window. Glass flew everywhere as both mares fell down towards the ground. Rainbow Dash caught herself with her wings, and she levitated a few feet off the ground. Twilight wasn’t so lucky, as she fell on the ground and felt her breath being knocked out.

She got up, clutching her ribs. Blood was pouring from her mouth as she stared hatefully at Rainbow Dash, who was making obscene gestures at her.

“You’re going to pay for what you have done. After Fluttershy, you’re next.” threatened Twilight. Rainbow Dash roared with laughter.

“I’d like to see an egghead try. Better luck next time, Sparkle.” taunted Rainbow Dash, still giggling from Twilight’s threat. She scowled at her and started glowing with dark blue energy. A moment later, she disappeared into the night.

Rainbow Dash sighed. She was cut, bruised, and worst of all, she helped damage Fluttershy’s property. And she had to give medical attention to Fluttershy. She turned and quickly flew through the window to see Fluttershy leaning against her bed, her teeth gritted in pain.

“Is your wing alright?” asked Rainbow Dash, concern in her voice. Fluttershy shook her head, her eyes shining with tears.

“It’s not just my wings. Why did Twilight do that to me? I thought we were friends!” whispered Fluttershy, her voice breaking. Rainbow Dash put a comforting hoof over her.

“Not anymore, Fluttershy. I don’t know what’s gotten to her, but it’s bad. Next time we see her, we’re going to give her a beating that she won’t forget.” promised Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy sniffed.

“No, Rainbow. She is just misunderstood. I sensed her. She is under emotional pain, and it feels like..some evil is at work. As if something possessed her...” said Fluttershy, trailing off. Rainbow Dash looked at her oddly.

“Possessed...? Oh no...We have to warn Princess Celestia!” shouted Rainbow Dash, jumping into the air. Fluttershy looked up at her excited pegasus friend.

“Warn her for what? Twilight attacking me?” asked Fluttershy. Dash nodded.

“Yeah. But also, before she came here, I was watching her. She was with Nightmare Moon! I thought she was working with her, and I was right all along. She IS in league with Nightmare Moon. We have to tell the others and warn the princess about this!” exclaimed Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy nodded, and tried to hover. Her wings flopped uselessly and pathetically, and she fell to the ground. Dash looked at her wings sadly.

“On second thought, we’ll wait until your patched up again.”

Fluttershy looked at her friend gratefully.

There you go! I hope you enjoyed it xD
If you have any ideas, criticisms or anything, just leave it in your review. Other than that, thanks for reading!