• Published 8th Dec 2012
  • 2,843 Views, 72 Comments

The Element of Corruption - Fyronarion



When dark thoughts corrupts Twilight, she starts exploring the truth about her friends.

  • ...
12
 72
 2,843

Sibling Confrontation

Shining Armor rummaged through the tent, trying to find anything worthy to send to the Princess. He opened chests and went through dusty scrolls. Most of them were old letters or irrelevant.

While he was searching through the small cabinet, he noticed a small, ornate engraving below the drawer. A closer look shows the Changeling Coat of Arms etched into the wood.

Seems strange for them to have their Coat of Arms here... he thought, placing his hoof on it in curiosity.

A small creak was heard right when his hoof made contact with it. The cabinet shuddered, and suddenly lowered itself to the ground until it became level with the floor. Behind it was a small hatch, with a small lock attached to it.

Shining Armor quickly picked the lock and it opened with a small click. The hatch swung open to reveal a small storage space. He expected to find treasure or some rare valuable gems, but the only thing that was in there was a shriveled old parchment.

Puzzled, he gently levitated it out of the compartment, for if he handled it with his own hooves, the parchment would’ve been damaged beyond repair.

On the edge of the scroll read: From Prof. Igor, Changeling Empire to Nightmare Moon, Location Classified.
A small postmark was stamped onto it, saying IMPORTANT INFORMATION: NOPONY EXCEPT RECIPIENT CAN OPEN.

“This is going to be valuable for the Princess...” he muttered, pocketing the small scroll into one of the many storage sections of his armor. He then had a weird feeling that somepony was coming behind him. The fur behind his neck tingled uneasily as he quickly went for his sword. Sadly, he reacted too late.

The sound of hooves walking across the ground was heard, followed by a low whistle. He suddenly felt an abrupt pain on the back of his head before his vision faded and he collapsed...

Meanwhile, to the Mane Five...

Trixie slowly opened her eyes. She was on the ground, and she tried to move, but to no avail. Her hooves were tied firmly in place. She tried yelling, but duct tape was masked over her mouth.

It was a starry night, with a small amount of shooting stars streaking across the pitch-black sky. Around her, the sounds of the forest could be heard, from the lowly chirping of crickets to the high screeching of foreign and strange beasts.

She looked around, trying to find a means of escape. It was no use. Her captors tied her up effectively.

“So, you’re finally awake.” said an amused voice. Trixie craned her neck to see a cyan figure with a rainbow mane standing over her with a smug expression on her face.

“Mmmph!” was only Trixie’s reply. Rainbow Dash chuckled.

“Ha, this is too good. Hey girls! She’s awake!” she shouted, waving her hooves. A few minutes later, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie and Spike were overlooking the bounded Trixie.

She shot all of them a look of despair, struggling frantically to break free from the ropes.

“What should we do with her?” asked Spike, biting back laughter as he watch her struggle.

“Ah say we give her another good beatin’!” suggested Applejack, flexing her hooves.

Pinkie nodded in agreement, a maniacal expression on her face as she pulled out a rolling pin seemingly out of nowhere. Rarity also agreed wholeheartedly, her horn charging with energy. Trixie’s eyes bulged with worry as she started to sweat from the danger looming over her. Spike just covered his eyes, not wanting to see what was going to happen.

Before they could hit her, a loud “STOP!” rang out through the forest. All four of them lowered their posture as Fluttershy jumped in front of Trixie, her hooves out as if she were protecting her.

“Fluttershy, get out of the way!” said Rainbow Dash, growling. She shook her head in defiance.

“What’s gotten into ya?” asked Applejack, tilting her head in confusion.

Fluttershy just glared at all of them as if they had done something terrible to one of her animals.

“We can’t hurt her just to know why she came after us. If we beat ponies up to get information, then we are no better than her.” she reprimanded, pointing her hoof at Trixie, who looked taken aback at that remark.

Rarity and Pinkie Pie exchanged unsure looks with each other, and Pinkie finally put her rolling pin down at the end.

“Fine. I don’t want to be in the same level as her.” said Pinkie. Rarity followed suit.

“I will not be classified as a barbarian, so I shall not lay a hoof on her.” she said simply, her horn slowly losing charge. Applejack shook her head bitterly.

“If that’s how it’s gonna be, ah’ll agree not to hurt her..” she said. Fluttershy nodded approvingly before turning her gaze to Rainbow Dash, who was staring at all of them in awe.

“Wow...you are all just going to stop like that? After what she had done to us and Ponyville?” she said angrily. Fluttershy sighed, and so did the others.

“Rainbow, you have to learn to stop holding grudges against other ponies. It won’t help you. Revenge may be sweet for you, but in the end, you will end up broken and angry like her.” she said reasonably.

Rainbow Dash just shook her head.

“At least let me be the bad cop.” she snapped. Applejack facehoofed herself.

“Fine, ya can be the bad sheriff! Let’s take her gag off, see what she has ter say.” said Applejack, moving forward and kneeling beside Trixie.

“Now ya listen here, Trixie. I - I mean, all of us, don’t trust ya. Now, I’m gonna remove the gag. Make an attempt to scream, and I’ll buck you so hard in the gut ya’ll gonna regret doin’ that. Got it?” she said, slowly untying the mouth gag. Trixie sneered at her while she was doing the removal, and as soon she took it off, Trixie let out a barrage of colorful vocabulary words unheard of.

“Oh dear, I never heard these kinds of insults!” gasped Rarity.

“Wicked.” said Rainbow Dash, grinning. Pinkie Pie hopped around Fluttershy, repeating every insult Trixie spewed from her mouth as Fluttershy covered her ears. Spike too was scratching his head in confusion.

Twilight uses foul language when she can’t understand a book, but not this kind. he thought before walking up to them.

After ten minutes of constant, foul mouthed remarks, Trixie finally ran out of breath and stopped. Applejack sighed in relief.

“Sweet apple fritters, ya finally stopped. Now, listen here-”

“Trixie will not tell you anything! Begone, you foolish farmer!”

“I can tell this is going to be a long night of interrogation.” said Rarity to Fluttershy, who nodded in agreement. Pinkie was quietly watching, eating a bowl of popcorn that she certainly did not have before. It’s best for them not to ask where she got it from...

Two days later to Shining Armor...

Shining Armor groggily opened his eyes. The sound of water dripping could be heard, and he slowly looked around. He was in a small room-correct that, a small tent. He noticed the familiar pinstriped wallpaper.

He tried to move, but noticed that his hooves and legs were bound against the chair he was sitting on. The rope was strange; it was thick, teal colored, like the ones he saw during his wedding.

Oh no as a dreadful thought struck him Not them. Celestia please, not them.

Shining Armor’s fears were proven when the tent entrance opened. Chrysalis and Nucleon trotted in. Both of them were flanked by a few changeling guards.

“Looks like our prisoner is awake.” said Nucleon, observing Shining Armor. He bared his teeth angrily at him. Chrysalis laughed.

“Well, if it isn’t Shiny. How are you and your wife doing? Not together, judging by the circumstances you are in right now.” she said, smirking.

“Shut up, you witch! What did you do to my sister?! Let go of me!” he shouted, fighting against his bondage. The guards behind Nucleon and Chrysalis bristled with anger, but she raised her hoof to silence them.

She walked up to him and lifted his chin, looking at him dead in the eye.

“I did not do anything to your precious little sister. She chose it. She made her decision. If you wish to see her, you can’t. She is busy composing a letter for Celestia about our recent battle with your guards. Speaking of the guards, our soldiers are clearing up their bodies now. Unfortunately, your Royal Guards fought valiantly, but lost. They did put up a fierce fight though. We still have a couple of survivors left for execution. Maybe you would like to see that?” she said.

Shining Armor’s eyes widened as he took in all the information. Most of his platoon, dead or dying. A few survivors are still left. He had to save them. How would he look to Canterlot if everypony found out he was responsible for the deaths of his entire guard?

“Look...I - I want to make a deal...let my guards go, and I’ll tell you everything there is about Canterlot! Secret passages, alternate entrances, everything!” he said, lying at the last part. Obviously he won’t tell them everything about Canterlot. He will have to lie to get past everything.

Nucleon looked interested, rubbing his chin.

“Sounds interesting. Your highness, maybe we should spare the prisoners-” he was interrupted when Chrysalis glared at him.

“Are you thick?! He could be lying to us. As for you, Shining Armor-” she said, turning to him, “I cannot trust you. Your guards shall be mercifully executed. That reminds me, let us take him out to witness the aftermath.” she said. Nucleon nodded and clapped his hooves. Four changeling guards trotted from behind him and grasped his chair, heaving it up and carrying it outside, followed by Chrysalis and Nucleon.

Shining Armor shielded his eyes from the sudden burst of sunlight. Being cooped up in a dark tent isn’t the best way to be out cold. As he focused his eyes, he gasped at what he saw.

The plains, which was flat and grassy, is now covered with craters and were smoldering. A couple of trees were either bent or toppled completely. Changelings worked hard removing the bodies of the guards and dumping them into hastily dug graves.

“I was thinking of burning the bodies, but Nightmare said it is too...how do you say it...disgraceful to do it.” commented Chrysalis. Shining Armor was just silent, taking in what he saw. As he shifted his gaze to the left, he saw a line of his guards with chains tied to their hooves. All of them were linked together, moving pitifully, stripped of their armor and dignity. They were shuffling towards a black tent.

“I have Nightmare’s letter ready to be sent, Chrysalis.” said a voice behind them. Shining Armor turned around to see his sister standing there, holding a scroll in her mouth. His heart jumped with joy, but then he became filled with anger as he realized his sister worked for them.

“TWILIGHT!” he shouted. Twilight turned and gasped when she saw her older brother, dropping the scroll.

“Sh-s-Shining?! I thought you were a random guard or something.” she stammered, taking a step back. But he didn’t hear her words. All he saw was a changeling mare with his sister’s mane, eyes and personality. He almost fainted.

Twilight too was taken aback. She felt her heart pounding against her chest as she finally confronted her brother after deserting everypony she knew months ago. Shining Armor looked at her with a disgusted expression on his face.

“What have they done to you?” he asked quietly, looking at her as if she was a disgusting slug. Twilight too was still stunned.

“T-they didn’t do anything to me, Shining. I chose this myself. This was my decision.” she said shakily. He shook his head in disgrace.

I can’t believe her. My own sister.... he thought before tears started rolling down his cheeks. Twilight noticed this and turned away, heartbroken. She chose this path herself, yet she does not want to see her own brother suffer. Nucleon stepped back, feeling as if this isn't the best place to be involved in.

Chrysalis ignored the gloomy atmosphere and asked for the letter. It took a moment for Twilight to finally agree to hand it over.

“Wait. I..um..made a few spelling mistakes. I’ll be back with a revised copy.” she said, turning around and galloping inside the tent. Chrysalis rolled her eyes, muttering “Fool.” under her breath.

“So, Shining Armor, how do you like it? I trust that you will make an excellent ransom. We really do need a good amount of bits, as my kingdom’s currency is not valid.” she said, turning to Shining Armor. He just shook his head, staying silent.

About ten minutes later, Twilight came back, holding the scroll.

“I finished with the editing. Here you go.” she said, hoofing her the scroll. Chrysalis took it and her horn started glowing as green flames spun around it before consuming the letter whole. It disappeared with a puff of black smoke.

“Where’s that letter going to?” asked Nucleon. Chrysalis looked at him as if he had mental issues.

“Equestria to Nucleon, it’s going to Celestia. How do you think that we’re getting our bits?” she said, rolling her eyes. Nucleon had a sheepish expression on his face when she told him that. Somepony called his name as he turned to see Discord having issues with one of the prisoners, who was resisting his grasp. He sighed, shaking his head as he trotted over there...

Meanwhile, a day later at Canterlot Castle...

It was a gloomy morning. The clouds hung low in the city, casting a fog and making the weather humid. The city too was deadly quiet except for a few ponies going to their workplaces.

At the castle’s dining room, Princess Celestia was slowly buttering herself a piece of toast, a butter knife and a vat of butter suspended in midair as it magically applied itself to the toast. A steaming cup of tea was sitting by the plate, her favorite cup adorned with the slogan #1 Princess.

Celestia could have asked her chefs for an extraordinary breakfast, but she preferred things simple. On the other hand, her sister would request something strange for breakfast, and if she did not get what she wanted, she would take it out on the chefs. Celestia smiled at that thought as she finished buttering the toast and took a bite. Not bad.

The only thing she wants perfect is the tea, as it is a daily morning necessity. One could question how a pony can survive a morning without a cup of tea. It keeps a pony energized and alert, ready to work. For the Princess, it is a lifesaver.

As she finished the toast, a green flame burst in front of her eyes and a parchment fell in her cup of tea, spilling it all over her. She gritted her teeth, her horn glowing as the tea magically disappeared from the table and from her body. Nopony interrupts her breakfast with letters.

“Somepony will go to the moon today..” she muttered, unfurling the parchment. Her eyes quickly skimmed through it until it stopped at the part where it stated that her Captain has been captured. Her heart skipped a few beats as she kept reading, her fears rising until it came to the part where it demanded her to send a million bits.

“Never!” she cried, alerting the guards outside as they rushed in, sword ready.

“Anything wrong, Princess?” one of them asked. Celestia shooed them away, assuring them it is just normal morning behavior.

As she kept on reading, she found it strange that it mentioned coordinates and, as a post signature, stated Please do not send counterfeit bits and/or any guards to rescue him, as we are still recovering from the battle and our changelings aren’t too...bright.

Then it dawned on her who wrote the letter. She smiled to herself as she folded it up, thinking Twilight, you clever mare. You might be one of them, but you still have loyalties to me.

She called her guards in, asking them to take this letter to the laboratory for further analysis. The guard nodded, carefully taking the letter and safeguarding it.

“Whatever you do, do not show this to Cadence. It will be...unpleasant... if she sees that letter.” warned Celestia.

“What was that?” asked a familiar voice. Celestia held back a gasp as Cadence stood behind her, frowning. She turned her gaze to the guard holding the letter, and he started trembling.

“Give me that letter.” she said, stepping in front of him. He shook his head, taking a step back.

Cadence’s eyes narrowed with anger as she suddenly grabbed the horn quicker than you can expect. Her eyes quickly read through it until it became filled with tears. She thrusted the letter to the guard, and he took off to the lab. She turned to Celestia, her eyes leaking tears.

“How could you hide this from me?! My own husband, held hostage!” she shouted. Celestia bit her lip, trying to say something. Strangely, nothing came to her. Cadance wiped her tears away as she sniffed.

“It doesn’t matter. If you’re not sending your guards, I’m going to take this matter in my own hooves...” she said defiantly, before turning around and galloping out of the room. Celestia shook her head, not worrying about that. Cadence may be royalty, but she doesn’t have the security clearances to enter the barracks or any other parts of the castle containing military equipment.

As Celestia sat down and refilled the cup with tea, a small rumbling shook the castle. Celestia didn’t feel it and drank the tea. Outside of the window behind her, a large, purple airship rose from one of the castle’s many underground hangars. It was a blimp, and it turned slowly south and started moving slowly. Below, ponies looked up in awe at the airship, which darkened the city further with it’s shadow as it moved to it’s destination.

A normal pony thought it must be some battle-hardened Captain piloting the ship. Instead, Cadence was at the control station with a few guards she managed to convince. She jerked the wheel to the left and pulled a lever, giving the ship more thrust.

“I’m coming for you, Shining...” she whispered to herself, tightly gripping the steering wheel.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the time it took to post a chapter. Anyways, I hope you liked it. If I made any mistakes, please point them out in your comment. Thanks!