• Published 9th Dec 2012
  • 2,459 Views, 16 Comments

A Mare of Changeling Worth - Awesome Shadows



At least for now. But I don't plan on making it worse than E for Everyone.

  • ...
2
 16
 2,459

Prologue

*I always got mad at Chrysalis for underestimating twilight so I thought, what if the villain actually had the upper hand this time? How would the others deal without relying on Twilight in one way or another? That is why I decided to write this fic.

Disclaimer: I do not own My Little Pony Friendship is Magic but sometimes I wish I did.

Summary: Instead of Queen Chrysalis’s defeat by Cadence and Shining Armor, what if she captured them after they tried to get away and decided that Twilight Sparkle was too smart to be left alone. What will happen to Twilight? And what is Chrysalis planning to do?


Prologue: Omens, Plans and Goodbyes
Twilight's POV

How could it end like this? The wedding was supposed to be a happy occasion. My brother’s bride turned out to be an evil Queen, my brother is hypnotized, my mentor is trapped and so are my friends and I. Even now my REAL brothers bride is weak and so is my brother. My teacher is weak, my friends are tired, and I am tired. I am so very tired. I am getting dizzy from being up here, upside down. This strange liquid chokes me yet I can breathe still at the same time. I am confused, I don’t know what to do, I’m panicking and did I mention I was tired? Must be the strange liquid.

Even now I feel myself passing out. The black around the edges of my eyes are proof. They feel heavy, so very heavy and my thought process seems to be slowing down. What was I doing again? Oh yeah, figuring out an escape. But… I don’t feel like it anymore. I don’t really want to leave. Or at least move. Maybe that’s it.

I always thought we were so lucky to be able to defeat Nightmare Moon and Discord.
After discovering Queen Chrysalis I figured that the second verse would be the same as the first. However, that was the worst thing I ever assumed.

I know as the black shadows of unconsciousness surround me, and the horrified gazes of my friends and family are the last things I am seeing, this is the most regretful thing I have ever done in my life. That is… if this moment is my last memory.

Goodbye, my friends, family.

Goodbye.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

3rd Person POV

"No! You can't do this! Please!" Celestia shouted.
the mane six, excluding Twilight, shouted protests or gasped in protest.

"Please! Not Twily!" Shining Armor panicked. He searched around the room quickly, looking for a weapon of sorts, but then tried to charge his horn again for another protection spell. Sadly, the magic fizzled out and left the colt panting.

"Let me try to help you!" Cadence cried. She also charged her horn, this time however, to share magic with her fiancé. 'Please, please just work. I'm begging you.' she pleaded in her mind. Her horn charged up almost fully, before her magic also fizzled out.

"No! This can't be happening." Tears leaked from her eyes.

"HAHAHA!" Chrysalis roared. "You foolish ponies! This is what happens when your opponent is stronger than you. Finally someone has put Celestia in her place. You all have lost! I am the new ruler of Equestria! Now after my royal adviser wakes up, we changelings will take over the rest of Equestria and feed of so much love, we will become unstoppable. But first, I must get rid of you all. Prepare yourself for eternity in the Cantorlot Crystal Caves.” Chrysalis charged up her crooked, holey horn and blasted the surrounding ponies, who were stuck to the floor by some green goo, and green fire surrounded them all. They were quickly transported to the mines and Chrysalis walked away from the area. “Soon. Soon! We will become the most powerful beings in Equestria, and it will all be thanks to you, Twilight Sparkle.”

(In the Caves)

“Shoot Princess. How in the hay will we ever git out o’ here?” Applejack grumbled.

“Well…” Cadence hesitated, “ This is where Twilight and I were trapped before we got out and stopped the wedding. I can try to find a way back out again if we need to.”

“Now hold on a minute darling.” Rarity fretted, “How did Twilight get down here? We were talking to her earlier in the Throne Room with her and Chrysalis. Did she send her down here after we left?"

"Now wait just a second Rarity." Rainbow demamded. "I think the real question is, why did she send you BACK down here after you already escaped? She's not stupid."

“To answer Rarity's question first, she did. Twilight was so mad at whatever she taunted her with after she was teleported down here that she blasted a hole in the crystal wall and almost me when she thought I was Chrysalis.” Cadence shivered at the thought. "She had sapped me of my strength when I first arrived and I was unable to get out of here on my own. She hardly fed me and barely gave me water to drink. However, Twilight was still full powered when she arrived and was able to help me get out. I don't know the reason though of why she stuck us back here."

“Well now I think she wants us to escape. She is toying with us. I fear that whatever she has planned will have succeeded by the time we encounter her again..” Celestia spoke up, “ I have almost regained enough strength to teleport us out of this horrid place. If we could just get the elements of Harmony then we will be alright we may be able to subdue her.”

“Well how are we going to activate them anyway?” Spike questioned.

“EEEE! Guessing games! Ummmm, will Princess Cadence do the magic element? Or Shining Armor? Or Luna? Or you?” Pinkie Pie bounced up and down repeatedly.

“That is the problem Pinkie Pie. I am friends with you all, but I can not replace Twilight as the bearer of the Sixth element. If i could replace her so easliy then it would not be friendship at all. I am hoping that if we gather the elements and save her, she will be able to weild the element of Magic and we can defeat Queen Chrysalis.

"However, we do need to find Princess Luna. She has been spending a lot of time in the library so maybe she has some information for us. Then we can go to the safe where the elements are.
“Well then,” Shining Armor finally stated. “ Lets find Luna and rescue my sister.”

OF PROPHESIES AND OMENS

Long ago, Star Swirl the Bearded was sleeping in his study. He had fallen asleep during his studies again. However, his dream was not a restful one. A unicorn of lavender pelt, and a violet and pink mane and tail was a hero to the land of Equestria. How he knew what she looked like, Star Swirl did not know. The unicorn was captured by a terrible creature, who looked like a alicorn but she had a black pelt like armor, she buzzed like an insect and she was covered in holes. The alicorn did something terrible to the young mare, she took away her friends and family, took away everything that made her a pony and used her against them.

However, if she were not stopped before the alicorn’s plan was complete, equestrian would be plunged into darkness forever. Star Swirl woke with a start. After realizing it was all a terrible dream, he wrote down the dream, which he now considered an omen and a prophesy in his journal, which after the years went past and Star Swirl had passed on to the Great Herd, the journal and it’s prophesy wound up unnoticed in the Cantorlot library. Where a certain black and navy blue princess just took the same journal of the bookshelf to read.

Author's Note:

Now I know this is short but I already have a first and started a second chapter, but I wanted to know if this story would get a warm reception or not. Like fav follow, comment, do something that shows me you want this continued and I will do so. I will put this up soon on my fanfiction account to so look for me. My name is the same as this one. My deviant is that way too. Maybe I’ll put this up there as well… Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Qwanza, Hannakuh whatever it is you celebrate while reading this so yeah. Hope I get this done soon cause we are supposed to “die” soon anyway. Oooo, real scared… Well sarcasm aside have a nice day.

~Shadow Heart Hawkeye