• Published 21st Dec 2013
  • 468 Views, 1 Comments

The Alicorn Wars - Prince Nightfire Grace



Twilight's meets with Luna to discuss a hidden past of Equestria and the princess's

  • ...
4
 1
 468

Revalation

Twilight rose from her bed looking amongst her friends. "Well today is the day. I guess I'll find out what was in that book Luna came back for." She got out from underneath the sheets on her sleeping bag and rolled it up quietly. She froze when she heard Rainbow Dash mutter something about the Wonderbolts in her sleep. “Rainbow Dash, you always know how to make us laugh, asleep or awake.” Twilight thought to herself as she tip-hoofed toward the front door. She looked back and thought to herself about leaving a note or something. Her horn glowed lightly and a pen and a piece of paper flew over to her.

“Girls, I left early cause I couldn’t sleep and what Luna said still moves throughout my head. I couldn’t get her words out no matter how hard I’ve tried, you girls have noticed the way I was acting after she left. I’m sorry I didn’t stay but I just couldn’t put it out of my head and this seems really important. I hope you girls understand.”

Sincerely your friend,

Twilight Sparkle

Satisfied with the letter she put it on a table by the stairs to her room and walked quietly to the front door and it seemed to open without her even touching it. In front of the door happened to be the two ponies she wasn’t ever expecting to see for a while.

“Sweetie, it is so great to see you again.”

“Mom, dad? When did you both arrive in Ponyville?”

Her father laughed lightly. “We actually got here a few minutes ago. So we decided that we should visit our daughter.”

Twilight looked between both of her parents, ran toward them and embraced them in a hug. “I really missed you both. I haven’t seen you guys since the Grand Galloping Gala.” She looked back and saw that she hadn’t closed the door. “Dear Celestia.” Twilight’s horn glowed and the door also took up the same glow of her horn then door closed quickly.

“What’s wrong dear?” Mrs. Sparkle asked looking at her daughter questionably.

“What? N-nothing’s wrong. I-it’s j-just that-that…”

“Don’t worry about it dear. Do you want to go with us to breakfast at Sugarcube Corner?”

“I’m sorry but, Princess Luna came by last night for a book she left in the library, and she said she wanted me to meet her in Canterlot today.”

“The Princess? Why did she want to see you?”

“I’m not sure myself. But, the way she made it sound, it sounds very important.”

“Alright sweetie, go to Canterlot and find out what Princess Luna wants.”

“Alright mom. I’ll see you guys later.”

“See you later honey,” Her father said as Twilight galloped away toward the train station that would take her to Canterlot.

***Luna’s Room***

“Well here she comes finally,” Luna said to herself sadly as she walked back to her bed. “I wonder how she’ll take the news that I am going to give her. I, myself aren’t sure how I would react to this kind of news.” Suddenly she winced in pain and held a hoof to her head. “Not… you… again, Nightmare Moon.” Then Luna’s horn started glowing and a beam of magic shot at a mirror and an image took shape on its surface. Luna’s horn continued glowing despite her not wanting to cast this spell. “What do you want?!” Luna shouted in fear at the mirror glaring at Nightmare Moon.

Nightmare Moon only laughed and started back into Luna’s eyes. “Is it always going to be the same question little princess? What I want you to tell her? What I would gain from you telling her about my true creation?” Nightmare Moon paused and her emotion changed just like the twitch of a muscle, from being over-confident to angry. ”You know as well as I do what I want you to tell her, you will tell her about Celestia’s and your decision about my creation was by that war, if that war hadn’t happened, than I wouldn’t exist. You will tell her about how I truly came to be as I am,” She threatened glaring down at Luna.

“And if I don’t, what can you possibly do that you haven’t already done? You ruined a thousand years of my life, I had to stand by and watch my life crumble as you slowly took over, I even had to watch my sister’s disappointment at not being able to suppress your power like I should have been able to. Now she thinks that I let you take control on purpose and she doesn’t fully trust me anymore because of you!” Luna yelled at the image of Nightmare Moon on the mirror not caring if anypony heard her or not, her eyes also glowing blue from her anger. Then all of a sudden, she blasted the mirror with a powerful spell shattering it to thousands of pieces. After her horn lost the glow of using the spell, she fell to the floor physically and mentally exhausted and started crying.

After a few minutes of crying on the floor, she heard a knock on her bedroom door. “Luna are you alright sister?” Her older sister asked sounding extremely concerned. Luna got up from the floor and wiped her eyes with the back of her hoof then walked to the door and let her sister see her and the broken remains of the mirror. “I heard the explosion and rushed here as fast as I could. Why is that mirror of yours destroyed?”

Luna looked down at the ground by her front hooves and started sobbing. Celestia used her right wing tip to lift Luna’s head slowly and finally looked into her sister’s eyes. “Sister, I can’t stand having Nightmare Moon inside of me anymore!” She suddenly shouted. “I have to constantly deal with her taunting me and reminding me of the past.” Luna despite her sudden outburst, fell back to the floor in tears.

Celestia lied down beside her little sister and held her with her wings while she cried occasionally muttering words of comfort in her sister’s ear trying to calm her down. After a few minutes of trying to calm down her little sister, she rose and used a levitation spell and led Luna to her bed and lowered her to her bed and lied down beside her. She looked her sister over and saw some shards of glass in her sister’s flowing mane. She used her magic and picked up the glass that was scattered across the room from Luna’s spell and fir each piece of the mirror back into place then used one last piece of magic to fill in the cracks that the mirror had.

Luna didn’t look at the mirror for a few minutes, but when she turned to look at it, she didn’t see Nightmare Moon, she saw herself. She then sighed looked at her sister. Celestia met Luna’s gaze and smiled. “Thank you sister,” Luna said as she got up and wrapped her wings around her sister hugging her. “I really needed that.” She said though it wasn’t as full of emotion as she usually would have said it.

“Is there something wrong little sister? You sound drained, mentally and emotionally. What’s wrong?” Celestia asked looking Luna in her eyes and saw the ever faint presence of Nightmare Moon.

“Sister,” Luna said after a minute of looking at the ground between them. “I have told Twilight Sparkle to come here to tell her about the past, to be specific, over a thousand years ago.”

Celestia looked at her sister and nodded sadly. “I’m glad that you have taken a step that I couldn’t take Luna. I just hope that what you’ll tell her won’t affect how she views us.” Celestia walked over to a window that was covered by dark blue, very thick silk and pulled it aside with her hoof and saw that train pull up to the station. “Well little sister, it looks like it’s now or never.” She said and turned and walked to the door. “Good luck Luna.” Celestia said as she opened the door with magic and walked down the hall back to the throne room and sat on her throne, ‘I hope that Twilight understands why I did what I did as well as what Luna has done too.’