• Published 18th Dec 2012
  • 3,056 Views, 37 Comments

What am I? - Angels



Twilight Sparkle tries out a new spell, and becomes a human!

  • ...
3
 37
 3,056

Chapter 4

Twilight sighed. Why did she even try? Of course Rainbow wouldn't listen! She was interrupted by the sound of the front door opening. Spike rushed to keep anypony from seeing Twilight.

"Oh! Hello Lyra! And hello Bon-Bon! How may I help you?"

"Well, Bon-Bon and I were wondering if we could talk to Twilight. We need help on a spell, and seeing as she's the best at magic, we were wondering if she could help."

Spikes mind sprinted to supply excuses. "Well, you see, Twilight, um, isn't feeling well! She's got a horrible cold and can't come out! It's so bad, she can't even use her magic properly!"

"Oh that poor thing! I hope she gets better soon! But at least Lyra and I can look around for a book to help us? It's a baking spell." Spike cringed. Food-related spells were in the back room with Twilight!

"Sure, why not? I'll just be right back..." He ran as fast as his little purple legs could carry him. He looked in at Twilight, motioning to get hidden. Painfully slowly, she stood up and began making her way to the stairs. But it was too late. A pair of gasps could be heard behind Spike. He turned. The expression on Bon-Bons face was complete disbelief.

But Lyra's face showed joy.

Pure joy.

"Oh. My. Celestia. A human! A real live human!" The sea-green mare pushed past Spike, galloping to the now petrified Twilight.

"Where did you find it? Can you talk? What do humans like to do? Are humans like most po-" she was cut off by a loud 'hey!' from the couch. "Don't wake me up when I'm napping! You know I hate it when anypony wakes me up! What were you thinkin...oh horsefeathers."

Lyra started right up again. "What's your favorite color? What food do you like to eat? Are there more of you?" Spike looked into his mentors eyes. She nodded. Holding up her hand, she silenced Lyra. Whether this was because Lyra understood that she needed to stop or because she was transfixed by the hand itself, we will never know.

"I am Twilight Sparkle." Lyra's eyes twitched, rolled, spun, popped, shrunk, widened, closed, and then got as big as hubcaps. [A/N: Not that anypony other than her even KNEW what hubcaps were.]

After a moment, she looked back up.

"Magical mistake?" Twilight nodded.

"Yes. Spike and I found a box of ancient manuscripts and books down below the library. I repaired them, and read what looked like a spell from one of them. And then, I transformed into this! And I don't have magic!"

"Yeah, but who cares?"

Twilight's face nearly burst. "WHO...CARES?"

Lyra pointed her hoof at Twilight's hand. "Fingers! Who needs magic when you have fingers?"

Twilight considers this. "They are pretty useful... But hold on! How do you know there called fingers? And how did you know I'm a human?" Lyra laughed.

"I've been studying humans for years!"

Bon-Bon interrupted. ."And driving me insane in the process!"

Lyra chuckled. "Yeah...it's a hobby of mine..."

"Obsession!"

"Whatever!"

Now it was Twilight's turn to have big eyes. "Years? But how? I've never heard of them once!"

"A lot of the evidence is scattered throughout our mythology, but once upon a time, humans roamed this land! I could bring my books and stuff over if you want."

"Yes! Yesyesyesyesyesyes!" The sea-green streak exited through the open door, closing it inadvertently with a gust of air. Bon-Bon huffed and followed.

"Spike! This is fantastic!." Twilight's face was lit up like a star. "I can study humans, and write a paper on them, no, a whole book! Think about it! I have a chance to observe a different culture in first pony!" Her eyes took on that look. Even in another body, Spike would recognize that look anywhere.

"Oh boy, here we go again..."

Author's Note:

Sorry about the freakishly long wait. School is back, so updates will still be erratic, but I'll keep on going!

Oh, and I'll get longer chapters for sure.

edit: well, ditto on what i already said.

Comments ( 11 )

Short but good

This great but it would be wonderful if this was longer. maybe at least 1500 words, then it would be perfect:pinkiehappy:

So where is the docter? Or is twilight to become the new docter because she is a human now

Interesting concept, but look a bit rushed to me.

Hey I know you get caught up in new ideas but as advise FINISH A FUCKING STORY!!!!! :flutterrage:

Your endings sound and feel kinda rushed and I know I do this too, but you rush through the action. Like with falling I felt like there wasn't any real peril, Quin was basically invincible. My advise would be keep your writing style, but make it longer. Oh hey and for all of you that are following him, don't worry I know him in real life and I will beat some sense into him :pinkiecrazy:

Oh and one last word of advise for you before every pony gets sick of my voice.

You should try what I'm doing, I'm publishing basically an outline of my story but when I get to the end I'm going to be revising and editing the crap out of it, trust me, it takes longer but you get a much high quality story from it.

2187302

Ughhhh...yes. I know. I do need to continue.

Ohh! The sun just came up!

And he does see me every day, and will beat sense into me. But not if I make a bad enough pun firsts!

I just hope no one has an overdose of....alicorn-acova!

3238098
YES. HEAR ME NOW.
I AM BACK.
WOO.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................
Now what should happen next......

Your dialogue's very difficult to keep track of. As my English teachers would say, "Always start a new paragraph."

Login or register to comment