• Published 18th Dec 2012
  • 3,056 Views, 37 Comments

What am I? - Angels



Twilight Sparkle tries out a new spell, and becomes a human!

  • ...
3
 37
 3,056

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

It was well past lunch when Fluttershy woke up. Instantly, she was alert, dashing up the staircase to check on Twilight. She knocked on the door so quietly she could barely hear it herself.

"Twilight? How's everything going? Are you ok?" The door opened a crack, and an eye could be seen looking out.

"Yes, I'm alright. But I do need something."

"What's that? Are you hungry?"

"No, but you need to take this to Rarity, please. It's very important." Several sheets of paper were pushed out of the crack. Fluttershy looked them over. They looked like...some sort of clothing, but not any she had seen before.

"Ok. I'll be right back."

Twilight closed the door, crawling back to the bed. She climbed back up, wrapping the blanket around herself with her...what were they called...fingers! Yes, fingers on her hands! She picked the book back up. After she had figured out enough to know that humans wore clothes all the time, she had measured her new body's dimensions, and then extrapolated appropriate 'normal' clothes. 'I hope Rarity finishes those fast! I'm cold without fur!'

She turned the page. This book was extremely helpful, telling her all sorts of things about humans. She had finished 'The Origin of Species' hours ago, only one chapter being about humans. This book, titled 'General Encyclopedia', was much more thorough.

"Hands...fingers...arms...Feet! Feet: humans walk on two feet, unlike many other mammals...Humans walk upright? Without a tail?" She read for a minute more, then carefully crawled off the bed. Putting her 'feet' flat on the floor, she used her hands to support herself. Slowly, she extended her knees, rising.

The only thing that stopped her was the ceiling. Or, more specifically, her head hitting the ceiling. She toppled over onto the bed. "Woah, woah!"

A determined look on her face, Twilight stood up again, this time in a part of the room with a higher ceiling.

"I...I did it!" Standing upright, she looked around her room. It was disorienting, seeing everything from twice higher than normal. She quickly sat back down.

"Alright! Now, on a humans foot there are toes. These resemble fingers but are..."

* * *

A soft knock announced Fluttershy's presence. "I got the clothes for you."

Twilight opened the door, extending her hands. "Thank you! Perfect!"

The Pegasus hoofed the pile of clothes to her. "If you need anything, I'll be right downstairs."

Twilight closed the door, pulling the book closer to herself. She found the page with the entry on 'Human clothes'. There were also several diagrams.

"So my hands go here...and my feet go here...but this goes on first..."

* * *

Rainbow Dash was just arriving to take over for Fluttershy, when Twilight made it down the stairs. Unlike the first time she made the journey, she was standing upright, shakily placing one non-hoof in front of the other. As she made it to the bottom, Fluttershy jumped up in the air flying over to hug her. She had been cheering the whole time (not that anypony could hear her.) "Good job Twi! You did it!"

Twilight was now wearing the shirt and pants made for her by Rarity. They really went that different from normal clothes, just bigger and shaped more upright-ly. She carefully made her way over to the couch, sitting down, but still upright.

"Hello Rainbow." The speedster shook off her amazement and flew over to sit next to her. "This is so cool! What's it like?"

"Well, I have these hands, and on the hands there's fingers. See?" She wiggles her fingers. Rainbow is transfixed by the digits.

"And humans only walk upright! Without a tail!"

At this, the cyan mare laughed. "Wow. They must be really clumsy!"

"From what I've been reading, they are pretty good with balancing. It's not a matter of size, its a matter of weight ratios! It's simple! Without a tail, humans must..." Rainbow Dash was asleep in ten seconds flat.