• Published 18th Dec 2012
  • 3,055 Views, 37 Comments

What am I? - Angels



Twilight Sparkle tries out a new spell, and becomes a human!

  • ...
3
 37
 3,055

Chapter 1

The morning was going well for Twilight Sparkle. And by that I mean that it was normal. Just how Twilight liked her mornings. Normal with a side of organized. She was famous for her to-do lists, and today's was fairly large. But as usual, by lunchtime, the combined efforts of Twilight and her assistant spike had completed the whole list. As they settled down to down to have some sandwiches, Spike remembered something he had forgot to mention earlier.

"Hey Twi! I was looking around in the basement a few days ago, and I found a whole corner of boxes and stuff. Some of it looked pretty cool! Could we open them up this afternoon?"

"I don't know, Spike," Twilight said. I was going to write to princess Celestia, but that isn't for another 3 days. I suppose we could."

Spike's face lit up. "Yippie!"

* * *

After cleaning up lunch, Twilight and Spike headed downstairs to the basement.

"We really should clean this place out sometime. But some of this stuff is bigger than the door! How did THAT get in here anyway?" Twilight pointed to a large, blue boxlike thing with words on top.

"Who knows, but the cool stuff's over here!" Spike was over in the far corner where the dust was thickest.

"I think these may be the oldest things in the library!" exclaimed Twilight. "I'll bring them up."

* * *

Back in the main room, the two librarians slowly opened the old boxes. A puff of dust fills the air, causing Spike to let out a flaming sneeze. He turns back to Twilight. "That was a close one! Good thing I felt that one coming!"

Twilight nodded in agreement, then looks back into the box. She magically lifts out several books and papers that look ready to fall apart. Placing these on a nearby table, she pulls out some strange looking objects.

"What could these be?" Asks Spike, holding up a strange black rectangle. "I've never seen anything like this..." Twilight looks at the alien object. One side is reflective, like glass.

"Oh, look! Twilight! More things!" Spike holds up a much larger rectangle. "Careful! We don't know what it is!"

"Alright, sorry..."

After inspecting the rest of the box's contents, Twilight looks at the books. "If I use a repair spell, I should be able to read these just fine! Repair spells take several hours though, so I'll read them in the morning!"

Thanks to her self-reminder system, Twilight realizes that she is going to be late for Rarity's dinner party! She quickly casts the repair spell on the books, and then leaves. Spike decides to have a late nap.

* * *

Twilight returned home around nine. Being quiet so as not to wake Spike, the purple mare checked on the repair spell. It needed a while longer.

Twilight gently put Spike into his bed, and settled down for a good nights sleep.


* * *

"Twilight! Come quick!"

With a yawn, Twilight rolled over. "What is it Spike?"

"Those books are repaired!" With renewed enthusiasm, the unicorn jumped to her hooves. "Excellent! I'll be right down!"

After brushing her teeth and mane, she quickly trotted down the spiral stairs. Heading over to the table where she had left them the night before, she magically picked up one of the books. "Hmmm...'The Origin of Species'." She opens the small book. "Oh! A science book! But these diagrams...there not of anything I've ever seen. They look like...monkeys! Or something else bipedal...and here! Words! Hmmm...hu-man. What's a hu-man?"

"I don't know. Don't you have any books about them?"

Twilight shakes her hread. "No! I've never heard of them! Hold on...there's more...homo sapient. It sounds like a spell!"

"A new spell? Well, c'mon! Try it out!" Spikes face lit up in excitement.

"Ok, stand back!" Her horn began to glow with her signature purple magic. A low hum filled the room.

A wet slorp erupted, and then a huge flash of light blinded the pair of them.

And then Twilight screamed.

"W-what am I!?!?"

* * *

Spike rubbed his eyes. "Twilight? Twilight, where are you?" He looked all around, but could not see her.

"I'm...over here..." Her voice was coming from behind the green couch over near the wall. "Don't come over here! Stay away!" Her voice was shaking.

"What's wrong, Twilight? What kind of spell was it?"

"A...a transformation s-spell..."

* * *

Spike found Rainbow Dash lounging in a tree. He ran up to her, catching his breath.

"Rainbow! Rainbow! Quick! Get the others! Bring them to the library!" She looked down.

"Why? What happend?"

"It's Twilight!"

The cyan mare was gone so fast that it hurt.

* * *

The door to the library opened. No, it exploded inward.

Five voices shouted the same thing at once: "Twilight! Where are you?!?"

A small squeak from the upper floor sends them rushing up.

Crouched in the corner, a quivering creature wrapped in a blanket looks at the ponies with scared eyes.

"Help me..."