• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 2,160 Views, 32 Comments

Fracture - Mandroid



Anonymous the human walks across Equestria and gets himself into all kinds of trouble along the way.

  • ...
15
 32
 2,160

Dissenting Opinions.

You were sitting in the back of the carriage as it rolled and bounced through town. Inside the car with you are two ponies and a Diamond Dog.

Dust Bowl. Rock Wrecker. Rex.

Dust peers out the window. "Ya think it'll be a good haul?"

"Ought to be, this'n here's the biggest bank this side of the Main Line." Wrecker answers.

They both continue to look over the town. "Gonna be a lotta guards there..."

"Guards not problem. We break." Rex says.

Wrecker laughs. "Heh. Could always bring in a dragon or two..."

You feel your heartbeat quicken.

Easy...keep it together.

Remain calm.

"Dunno, all them dragons up North got killed by SOMETHING."

"That happen years ago, pony. Need to not be scared of ghosts."

"It killed DRAGONS, dog. Dozens. I think I'm in my right mind to be a bit scared.

"You're in your right mind to shut up. We're almost there." you say.

Your three companions shut up and steel themselves as the carriage pulls into an alley.

Stupid kids...

Your thoughts take on a blue hue.

They are un-tempered.

Think they'll screw it up?

Their potential for damage is high.

Well I like em, they have the same disposition

Their disposition is irrelevant in this situation.

And why is that? Why can't we have some concrete partners for once?

You know why.

Because we do not wish to be caught.

Because meeting new people is fun!

Because they'll die.

...Enough. We're here.

The carriage stops and open its door.

"Faces."

Your companions pull red bandanas over their mouths and hair as they step out of the carriage. Alright, let's be bad guys.

-Music-

"Go! Now!"

Dust runs into the recently blown vault as Rex and Wrecker check the windows.

"Deputies be here soon!"

"I HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME!" you snap.

You hold your axe to the neck of the clerk in front of you.

"You're lucky this hasn't gone tits up, meat."

The clerk rapidly blinks her eyes, quietly regretting hitting the silent alarm.

You throw a sack at her. "Fill this with bits. Now."

The mare nervously opens the draws and begins shoveling bits into it. Wrecker walks through the crowd of cowering bank go-ers.

"Now all y'all stay down! We're just a few men lookin' to make a living! Aint no reason for somepony to do something they're gonna regret!"

You glance out over the crowd, your thoughts going blue again.

Sitrep.

The stallion near the tellers line is large and carries himself well, he is our biggest threat. The young mare near the door has been glaring at us for the past four and a half minutes, she may attempt to impede escape.

Anything else?

The sheriff's office is six blocks from here. If the alarm was tripped four minutes ago, they will be here within the next forty seconds.

Always so nice to live in a town where you can feel safe!

Shut it.

"Hurry up back there!"

Dust runs out with the sacks of bits in his magical grip. "We're good!"

"Lookout!"

"Lawmen here!"

You glance out the window, two deputies come dashing into the bank while the remainder stay outside.

You grab the half filled bag of bits from the clerk and run to the rear of the bank.

"Out the back! All of you!"

-Music-

You toss the loot into the rear of the carriage and signal for the rest of the gang to hop in. Once everyone was inside, you lean out the window to the driver.

"GO!"

The old bastard and his grandkids earn their keep as they rocket out of the alley and down the road out of town. The deputies all jump at the sight and rush back to their own carriages to give chase. As you and your pursuers exit the town limits the lawmen's greater speed become apparent.

The chariots race up next to you and slam their wheels against you.

Gah!

Those need to be destroyed.

You throw open the window and lean halfway out towards the carriage. You swing your axe at the deputies as they try to harry your carriage. One gets it across the nose and another gets bashed in the head with the broadside. A particularly daring stallion attempts to grab you by the wrist and drag you out.

Throw him.

You twist your hand and grab the stallion by the hoof before pulling the hoof and body attached to it down. The deputy rolls and skips along the ground behind you, making his compatriots pull back to save him.

GO FASTER

"SPEED IT UP, OR YOU DON'T GET PAID!"

The family pulling your cart takes it into high gear and pulls away from the lawmen. You flip your axe back into your hands and aim.

This had to be perfect...

Wait...

The two remaining sheriff carts line up perfectly.

Now!

You toss your axe at the wheel of the lead chariot, shattering it and causing the vehicle to skid on the ground. The chariot behind slams into the lead one and sent both of their occupants sailing into the air. You pull yourself back inside as your chariot sails over a hill further into the mountains.

The carriage screeches to a stop in front of a rundown shack next to a large mesa. You and your partners-in-crime hop out as the family pulling you collapse on the ground to rest. Dust laughs as he trots into the house, bit bags in magical grip. "Did you see the looks on their faces when we burst in? Priceless!"

This one is good.

Dust dumps the bags out on a very large table. In moments, the four of you are counting the total up. Wrecker lets out a low whistle. "Damn...one and a half mill..."

HA! WE'RE RICH!

*Money is of no value...*

Hmph! Spoilsport.

The four of you begin dividing up the bits between yourselves, making sure to leave a large pile for your driver.

Paying a driver well would ensure a good job from them.

As you all collect your agreed upon number of bits, you saw that there was still a huge pile left on the table.

"What that pile for." Rex asks.

"S'for the boss, idiot." Wrecker says. "The guy who planned this here heist."

Dust pushes the boss's bits into a bag. "I hear that he's some big problem for the law out here, that he keeps pullin' these jobs and no one can stop him."

"Just some walkin' disaster area for the entire Mild West."

Rex throws his bag over his shoulder. "Hear he was ex-royal guard. That why can can't get caught. Knows all tactics they use to catch him."

Idiot kids.

You scrape your share of the bits into your bag. "You shitlords really want to know who the boss is?"

The three of them look between each other and you before nodding. You reach into your pocket and throw something onto the table. The three of them are so focused on it that they don't notice you grab the boss's bag. Resting on the table in its place was the rusted and dirty badge of a royal guard commander. You yank the badge by its chain back to your hand as you step out.

"Good job today, boys. Might be seeing you around."

As you leave, Dust runs to the door. "But...why'd you risk your neck if you were the ringleader of this!?"

You toss the drivers their share and glare back at him hollowly.

"Boredom, mostly."

It was later now, much. Luna's moon hung high in the sky as you walked. With your bag of bits over your shoulder, you thought. We can't go back there for a while.

Five months would be a fair estimate.

We said that about Cowpenhagen and look what happened there.

Cowpenhagen was an exception, we could not have known that stallion would become mayor.

Let alone that he'd hold a grudge...

What about moving forward?

Find me something to do.

There he goes again...

DON'T TEST ME, YOU GREEN IDIOT.

All of you calm down. One foot in front of the other for now.

We need to dump this money, it will draw attention. A replacement weapon will come in handy as well.

Another axe!

We also need to lay low.

Need more work. Need to stay active.

What we need is a friend...

You stop mid stride and stare towards the Northwest.

"Appleoosa..."