• Published 23rd Jan 2012
  • 5,311 Views, 214 Comments

My Little Serenity: Misbehaving is Magic - Trachyon



The Serenity crew crash-lands in Equestria. Reavers follow. Rarity sees Jayne's hat. Fashion ensues

  • ...
6
 214
 5,311

Chapter 4: The Aliens

Wash hurried down the stairs to stand beside Zoe. Mal noted with some unease the gargantuan gun that the pilot just barely managed to carry. Wash looked across to Mal, and frowned at the look on his face.

“What? What’s wrong?”

Mal quickly broke eye contact, choosing instead to awkwardly look straight ahead. “Oh, uh, nothin’. It’s just... that gun...”

Wash looked nervously down at the he held, turning it over in his hands as if it were an armed bomb. “What?! What about the gun?”

Mal shifted on his feet. “It’s just... I think Jayne... I think he likes that gun.”

Wash turned his gaze from the gun back to Mal, completely deadpan. “...So?”

“I mean... I think he really likes that gun.”

“Okay...”

“He... he calls it Vera.”

Wash froze in place, eyes wide. “This?! This is Vera?!”

“Mm, yes.”

“...Oh.”

“You sure you don’t wanna reconsider your choice in firearms?”

Zoe smirked at Mal. “You’re not jealous of the guy with the larger gun, are you, sir?”

Mal looked down at his revolver. He looked over at Wash’s gun. Sighing, he stepped over to the bay door controls. “’Least I don't feel the need to compensate for what I’m lackin’...”

Wash suddenly found great interest in the finer details of his bootlaces, but Zoe only smiled even more. “Trust me, he’s not compensating for anything.” Mal nearly choked at this remark, but regained composure quickly. He turned to Wash and Zoe, all three now serious in light of the current situation.

“Everyone all safe?”

Wash nodded. “Simon’s with Jayne in the infirmary, Inara, River, Book and Kaylee are all in the dining room. Book's armed, too.”

Mal nodded. There was no way of knowing how many Reavers there were outside. If they got swarmed, and overrun, the Reavers would continue into the rest of the ship. Better to die quickly, than be alive when the Reavers got to you. Mal knew that Book would never take that way out; he’d get everyone to the safety of the shuttles, then maybe lead the Reavers away, while heading to the cockpit to continue sending a distress signal. Mal knew Book would do that; he’d do the exact same thing. Though maybe with more bullets.

He held his hand over the airlock release. “You ready?” Zoe raised her shotgun in reply, and Wash followed suit, albeit with more difficulty, due to its sheer weight.

“Good.” He slammed down on the button, and moved to stand beside Zoe again. Steam could be heard hissing, as pistons slid into position. The bay door slowly lowered itself to the ground outside, revealing more and more of the darkened skyline. Fires could be seen in the distance, giving the sky an eerie red glow, as smoke blotted out the natural light of the moon.

Zoe cocked the shotgun, and Mal raised both his own revolvers to eye level. Twelve shots.

The ramp finally hit the ground with a dull thud and a final dying hiss, fully exposing the outside world they had crashed down onto. Three pairs of eyes quickly adjusted to the night, and four fingers instantly went to triggers as two forms became visible directly in front of the ship.

Mal, Zoe, and Wash all tensed at once, ready to let bullets fly if anything so much as disturbed the fragile tension that had amassed.

Their eyes, however, became even more accustomed to outside, and light from the ship’s interior further illuminated the two small forms. Too small to be Reavers. Too colourful to be Reavers.

No, these looked like...

“What the fu-”

“Are those...”

“Tai-kong suo-yo duh shing-chiou sai-jin wuh duh pee-goo...”

The pink... thing on the left gasped loudly, inhaling a huge amount of air. Before anyone could even react, it had disappeared in a blur, only to reappear in front of the three crew-members, before appearing again behind them. It was impossible to track it directly as it continued to jump about, spewing out an incomprehensible stream of words in a shrill, excitable voice.

“OhmygoshareyoureallyREALLIVEALIENS?! I’veneverseenanalienbeforeeventhoughI’vemetjustabouteverponyinPonyville (She inhaled deeply again) Arethoseraygunsthatyou’reholding? Ihopeyouweren’tplanningtousethose (inhale) ’causethatwouldbemeanandunfriendlyanditwouldruinthepartybecauseIthrowpartiesforeveryponynewwhoImeetjustlikeTwilightSparklewho’stheponyoverthere (The pink blur could just barely be seen pointing a stumpy appendage at the other form outside, as it shied away towards the safety of the shadows) Andshewasalllike ‘It’sabadideatomeetyou’ butthat’sjustTwilightbeingTwilightand-ohsillymeIdidn’tintroducemyself! My name’sPinkiePiehowaboutyours?”

The blur came to a halt before the feet of the three dumbstruck humans, smiling up at them. It was some sort of quadrupedal creature, but the resemblance to any known animal ended pretty much there.

Hell, it was pink. And its face... it was capable of showing human emotion, but the eyes were ridiculously huge and brigh-

“Hellooo! Equestria to aliens! You do speak Equestrian, right?” The pink thing frowned up at the three humans. Wash looked down at it, mouth agape. Zoe slowly lowered her gun in disbelief, her eyes rapidly scanning every detail of the alien creature. Mal slowly looked up at Zoe, face entirely deadpan. It was at that exact point, that Mal discovered that he possessed the eloquence to convey his entire emotional spectrum at that moment in time, with just one simple word.

“What."