• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 495 Views, 22 Comments

Interdenominational Travels Of Connor Shadows - Connor Shadows



Lets see how my adventure with "ponies" turns out shall we. I put teen just to be safe.

  • ...
1
 22
 495

Chapter 4: Magic? This is Quite Interesting.

Chapter four: Magic? This is a Quite Interesting

Connor and company had exited Sugar Cube Corner, and to Mrs. Cake’s relief they began their trek to show Connor Ponyville. The busy city was cover with the winter embrace of snow. Most all of streets and buildings were cover with the half inch thick blanket. The sun was shining brightly in the baby blue sky, though the snow showed no sign that it would melt any time soon. Phillies and colts were having fun making snow mares and throwing snowballs at one another. The adults were doing some winter shopping, shoveling snow, and other chores that needed to be attended to. Yes, it was business as usual in Ponyville. That is until till they saw Twilight and Pinkie Pie walking down street with a dark robed shadow.

“I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited to take a tour.” Connor chirped. “Where to first Pinkie?”

Though the question was for Pinkie Pie, Twilight is the one that answered Connor’s question. “We’re going to the library.”

Pinkie and Connor both gave the same reply “What? No not books!”

Twilight plant her hooves in front of the disappointed pair. “I want to go get Spike so he can meet you Connor.”

“What makes you think he wants to meet me.” he said pointing out how the residents of the snow covered town were reacting to him. Some just avoided him, while others pull their kids as far away as they could reasonably get in the few seconds it took for Connor and company to walk by. To Connor’s surprise the kid didn’t seem to be frightened of him. “I guess that is what is to be expected from the young innocent minds of children, they are usually more excepting than adults. Older minds are far more closed off to the new and thing they didn’t understand.” Connor thought intelligently, though he acted goofy he wasn’t stupid. Thousands of years of life had brought him into contact much knowledge. Connor’s ever-changing face changed to a much more intellectual expression.

Twilight saw the change in his face. “Is there something wrong Connor?”

Connor looked away from his observation of the citizens, looking Twilight in the eye with a slight grin. “Nothing at all, on second thought I’d like to go see what knowledge your world has to offer.”

This outburst of intelligent speech caused a raised eye brow from Pinkie towards Twilight and said. “Your smartness rubbed on Connor quit it.”

After hearing this Connor chuckled. “I’m over three thousand years old, I think I’m entitle to a smart thought every now and again.”

Pinkie hopped up and grabbed onto his left shoulder “Ah you’re getting worse do something funny.” She pleaded.

“Maybe later I kind of want to stay in smart mode so I can read some books. Did you forget about the point of the tour?” Connor informed the shoulder pony while poking her “Equestria Tour Service” hat. “I want to learn about your home.”

“Oh okay but I’m hitching a ride the rest of the way.”

“That’s fine with me.” Answered Connor while he followed Twilight down the street. Ponies seemed to be getting a little more at ease now that they realized the strange visitor was with two of the bearers of the Elements of Harmony, and soon they went back to business as usual. After a few minutes of weaving through Ponyville they were only a few moments from Twilight's home, Golden Oaks Library. They rounded the bend and the the tree like building came into view.

The library's tree exterior was powdered with the signs of winter just like the rest of the town. Connor noted that there were quite a few of man-made, or pony-made, additions to the hallowed out tree. There was a few of protruding widows, they must add more living space to the strange library. Also built on top, was a small wooden platform with a lonely telescope sitting in the center. It was covered with snow as if no one had used it in a while. It was never too cold to star gaze in Connor's book, he may use that later and compare how the stars are distributed here compared to everywhere else he had been.

"Is that It?" Connor questioned Twilight.

"Yes that's it Golden Oaks Library, my home. Spike should be inside tidying up, I'll go get him so you can meet him.

Before Connor was able to say something that singled to her that he had heard her she trotted ahead of them getting to the tree dwelling in a few seconds. Right before Twilight reached the door something happen that Connor hadn't seen in quite a while. Twilight's horn began to glow with of violet aura and the front door almost immediately copied her horn, shining with a matching luminous sheen. It then swung open just long enough for her to get through slamming shut behind her, it then ceased it's shimmering.

"Magic?" Connor looked to his shoulder for answers. "Pinkie did she just use magic?"

"Yeah." The Pinkie felt her tour guide duty's kick in. All unicorns as well as alicorns are able to use magic. The can use it to move objects, repel evil, teleport and lots of other stuff." Connor didn't know what an alicorn was but he let her continue to fill him in. "Twilight in particular is very talented in magical stuff. She told me once she can flip gravity that is cool! I mean walking on the roof would be awesome." Pinkie noticed saw Connor's eyes dim a little and he frowned a bit. It then clicked why. Connor didn't have legs he can't walk. "Oh sorry you float. Hey I know you could just float upside down, couldn't you?

"Yes I could I suppose, but it wouldn't be the same. I really need to figure out how to make legs." After Connor had had his time to pout about his inability to walk Twilight opened the door of the library with a small purple scaly bipedal lizard next to her. It had round green ridges running down the length of it body. Connor shot forward quickly for seemingly no reason, Pinkie was thrown from her perch on his shoulder from the unexpected jolt of speed, right up to the small lizard looking him over with a strange intensity.

"Uh you must be Connor, I'm Spike." he got out quickly a little weirded out by how close he had gotten to him he looked up at Twilight who gave him a stern look not to say anything rude. He took a step back away from Connor out stretching his hand to Connor "Nice to meet you. Hey what are you doin!"

Connor had quickly reached down firmly grasping Spike's forearm and yanking him off of his feet bringing him eye level with Connor. “What is this! Someone stole my design!" Connor yelled, exasperated.

"Put me down man." Spike grunted in annoyance.

Twilight was quick to come to the rescue. "Connor put Spike down, "she demanded while enveloping Spike in her magic trying to tug him from Connor grasp.

"But Twilight! He... they.... stole!"

"What are you trying to say?" Twilight asked confuse, he was worse than Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie was now getting out her daze from her rude landing on the snowy ground, and had totted over to the strange scene. "What did i miss? I was only gone for like a second."

Connor looked over at Pinkie “Pinkie.... Spike him.... Design!"

Pinkie had the same response to his strange babel as Twilight. “What?”

Connor was too hipped up to speak full sentences so he decided to show them what he was trying to get across." Look." In the hand that didn't have spike in it, a black sludge began to leak out forming a wiggly ball. It stretched to only slightly longer then Spike. Connor dropped slimy goo on the ground landing with a sickening 'spat'.

Twilight, Pinkie, Spike and the surrounding ponies that had stopped to watch how this would play out watched as the black mass began to jerk and squirm into a recognizable scaly form. It was jet black and had the same build as spike only sharper and more built. As soon as it had completely solidified it reared back its head and let out a bone chilling hiss. Its eyes then single out a pony away from the crowd not very far away from Connor, Pinkie Pie. It slowly started to creep it way towards her while Connor showed off how Spike had an uncanny resemblance to his favorite minion form. “See they ripped off my stalker minion design whoever made this, uh. What is he?"

"A dragon! I'm dragon now put me down!"

"Fine my point has been proven" after saying that he released Spike allowing twilight to float him over to her.

"Finally thanks Twi." Spike thanked Twilight as he was set down gently next to her, her magic then dissipating

"No problem Spike."

"Uh Connor why is this thing looking at me like this." Pinkie said abruptly will a slight hint of worry in her voice.

Connor turn his attention back to his creation, its eyes were full of blood lust, he had forgotten to alter its behavior before bringing it into the world. It had the “kill the first thing in site” mindset. He had used that mind so many times in that form it had become a habit." My bad Pinkie it just wants to eat you, no need to panic."

"What!? That is the perfect reason to panic!" Pinkie yelled as she took a few step back to stay out of the reach of the little killing machine.

Twilight was already priming her magic but Connor stopped her. “I got this your magic wouldn't work anyway. Only extreme light will affect it and me for that matter."

"But I "

"Twilight unless you can shoot pure sun energy at it you're not gonna hurt it."

"I hate to interrupt but this thing is trying to eat me!" Pinkie squealed as she ran and dodge around the space in an almost comical manner with the evil spike chasing her slicing the air behind her with its claws, the only reason it wasn't funny was because she was in danger.

"Don't worry Pinkie I'm commin" Connor shouted at her, how he shouted was little too casual for Pinkie’s liking though.

"Shut up and save me!"

"I am! “Connor shot back as he grabbed the crazed lizard's head. It didn't struggle knowing its master without having to look. Connor closed his eyes and his minion's jet black eyes began to change. The darkness in its eyes started brighten and turn the same shade of glowing violet as Connor's. It features became placid and it simply stood next to Connor and began follow him around after Connor had released its head. “Ok boy now be good and don’t eat any..pony? I get that right Pinkie?”

“Yes but, that thing is gonna be nice now right and not try to eat me and stuff like that.” She asked a little hesitant to forgive the little monster.

“Yep, it should be completely calm and open for verbal orders. I call it Canine mode.” Connor bragged while patting his follower on the head. “Think I’ll call him Dug Vinnie.”

As if already knowing his name, Dug turned and looked at his master.

“Dug I want you to go in that house, tree thing and find a way to get on that top platform with telescope and wait there till I call you.”

“Ok boss.” Dug said in a surprisingly high pitched and squeaky voice. He then scampered by Twilight into her house.

Connor then began to pass by Twilight in hopes of getting into the knowledge it housed.

Twilight stepped in front of him slightly bewildered. “Are you going to explain any of that?”

“Explain what?”

“That thing you just made that wanted to eat Pinkie then became all nice and obedient like a ”

“Like a dog” Connor broke in.

“Yes, like a dog.”

Pinkie Pie then put her two bits in. “Hey its cold out here and warm in there,so can we talk inside?”

Spike and Connor then both quickly approved her idea. “I agree with Pinkie!”

“Fine but we’re going to talk about Dug inside Connor.” Twilight sighed, putting her hoof on her forehead.

“We’re also gonna talk about magic.” Connor proclaimed as he stooped down and went through the door to the library, Spike and Pinkie already inside.

“Fine.” Twilight let out as she shut out the cold day.