• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 12,764 Views, 255 Comments

Avocation - Kwakerjak



Penumbra seeks gainful employment.

  • ...
22
 255
 12,764

I. Correspondence

HRH Princess Luna of Equestria
The Royal Palace
Canterlot

Your Majesty:

I have been informed that you wish to begin a regular correspondence with me in order to monitor my progress as I attempt to assimilate into Equestrian society. While I confess that, in my opinion, my current relationship with Pinkie Pie makes additional supervision seem a bit redundant, I also recognize that I am not in any position to refuse such a request. Accordingly, I shall be submitting regular reports to you via Spike the Dragon’s magical connection with your sister, HRH Princess Celestia.

As you are no doubt aware, I am currently residing with my guardian, although the lack of space in her quarters means that I must retreat into her mind each night, as I have no place to sleep at the moment. Roughly half of my time is spent either in this apartment or in the lodgings of Pinkie Pie’s landlords, Carrot and Cup Cake, as there is very little for me to do while my overseer attends to her duties as a baker in their shop. Suggestions that she might feasibly end her professional arrangement by requesting a royal stipend as recompense for guarding a high-profile threat to Equestria have thus far been dismissed without much consideration.

Otherwise, my time has been spent becoming acquainted with the other Elements of Harmony, so that I might learn about the “magic of friendship,” as I believe the official jargon has it. Progress has been steady in this regard: I am now on speaking terms with all of the Elements, and all seem willing (if not always eager) to assist me in my rehabilitation.

I shall continue to keep you updated on my efforts.

Your loyal subject,
Penumbra Noctis