• Published 12th Jan 2012
  • 18,976 Views, 293 Comments

More Than Buddies - Crowley



You have a crush on Ditzy Doo, but you'd never tell anypony...

  • ...
26
 293
 18,976

Epilogue

Oh hey, the door’s unlocked.

Usually, you expect your roommate to be out on one of his walks at this time. Odd how he happens to be in right now - or maybe he forgot to lock it.

You trot through the door, coming face-to-face with your earth-pony roommate himself. He seems unusually clean from a day out walking, so maybe he’s getting ready for some other engagement.

“About time you got back,” he says, “I was just about to leave on a date!”

“Sorry about that,” you explain, “I just got back from a date myself.” And by date, you meant the best three hours you’ve had in years. Not that he’d need to know that.

“Really?” he fixes you with a brief look of surprise, “Tell me all about it later, once I get back, I don’t wanna be late for this.”

Just as he’s about to leave, a stray thought crops up - your roommate has never mentioned finding a girlfriend before! Did he find a girl on his walks?

“How did you suddenly meet a girl pony anyway?”

“Don’t ask. Where did you get the black eye from?”

“Don’t ask.”

Comments ( 134 )

Wow, this is really good, Mr. Crowley.
(Unintentional Ozzy Osbourne pun)

PS: Dinky is best pony!

125719 It's like real life, it's hilarious to have as a name, but possible. I once knew a guy who's FIRST name was lady. good times, good times. :rainbowlaugh:

Is the other guy from another one of your stories? which one?

The fluttershy one?

Well that just cheered up my whole day! :pinkiehappy: (And it was very well written, too:twilightsmile:)

you're unique, i love your fics! MOAR :flutterrage:

125719
Yes, he's related to Mayor Mare, hence why he feels a sense of entitlement.
125761
Yes, that very fic!

I love it. One of the best, if shortest, fics I've ever read.

126126
Short and sweet, that's how I make 'em! :ajsmug:

writers should take example on you and put illustrationsin their fics.

Mk. Not gonna lie. I screamed and flailed my arms on that second chapter like a total maniac. Hehe.
That said, while this fic was slightly predictable, my gushing heart would like to protest otherwise. Just when I thought I'd read it all this guy goes and starts using character portraits in the middle of their fic! It's awfully simple yet ingenious if you ask me. Anyways, I love this fic to death, and hope you continue to write more! More Derpy to be specific!

*clap clap clap clap clap clap clap* AMAZING CROWLEY! :yay::pinkiegasp:
Haha, I always enjoy your stories, and it was nice to finally find out why that roommate had a black eye :rainbowlaugh:
-Glassed

it needs to be longer, the ending wasnt satisfying enough

Nice!

I'm really curious if you're going to do Applejack, and when... :ajsmug:

126516
Hi again, Neko!
Yeah, this is a fic I did a good while back, I just wanted to update it and put in on here. The one I'm working on right now is the Spa Twins fic, and after that the Applejack one. Then I'm thinking Zecora, but I'll hold a vote to see what everyone else thinks.

nicely done once again :twilightsmile:

looking forward to the next one

oh, and to quote "you"

.... “Don’t ask.” :rainbowwild: love it

You're right about my wall-eyed thing now...
... But you also gave me a Rainbow Dash fetish...
... So now I need a wall-eyed Rainbow Dash and my life is COMPLETE!

Mr. Crowley! What have they done to your mind?

Also, cool

This is just as great as your Rainbow Dash fiction. I really appreciate the time you put into this and look forward to more short, precise 2nd person fics like this. :twilightsmile:

Congrats on getting another fic on the Featured Bar!

I believe that puts us at 2-1. Looks like I need to get back to work on my fic. :rainbowwild:

127106
Actually, 3-1 I'm afraid; My Fluttershy fic was on there too for like half an hour when it first went up, although it was quickly replaced. I've been keeping my eye on the Popular Stories bar more - it's been REALLY close to My Little Dashie on some occasions! :derpytongue2:

127118
Sneaky bastard...:trixieshiftleft:

You certainly deserve all the readers, though. It's a wonderful fic and quite possibly the best characterization of Ditzy Doo in the entire fandom.

127130
Words cannot describe how much that means to me, pal. I really hope everyone else enjoys it as much as you and the SFG crew! :pinkiehappy:

Hmm, telling the story not in the first person or third person, but second person point of view? As if I'm relating the story to the pony that experienced it. A unique writing style for sure, doesn't quite make sense to me but you pulled it off well.

I will remember this fic for quite a while.


Rating: 4.5 stars
Reasoning:
I was unsure of whether to check this out, despite it being featured. However, I'm excited to say I read this and can now say, "this is one of those few really well done 2nd person fanfictions that make your heart flutter while giving you a hearty laugh." It has the simple-to-understand beginning and then the clean cut conclusion that makes these narratives enjoyable. Sometimes, a reader doesn't need a tremendous backstory and you did JUST that exceedingly well. And then you took us for one heck of a ride. In the words of the almighty internet, "All of my money, take it."

It always fascinates me on how many different ways people (ponies?) portray our favorite mailmare, but this one in particular shall be stuck in my mind for the foreseeable future. For that, you have my thanks. The only reason I didn't give this a 5 star is because I'm a horrible person (pony?) who dislikes pictures (unless absolutely necessary) being integrated. It's a nitpicky thing :duck: In fact, if I could, I would give this a 4.9 instead of deducting a whole .4 more stars. Alas, I cannot. All in all, amazing work. You've earned yourself a follower.

Cheers
~Cosmic

Such an adorable story! <3 loved it, so heart felt.:heart:

this totally needs another chapter! :pinkiehappy: the ending just left me hanging like :pinkiegasp: i would love to see another chapter to this :rainbowkiss:...or 2:moustache: 5 stars all the way! :twilightsheepish: and as always, take all my money

One of the best fics I've read, and that's including I Am Death. You sir, I shall be reading more of. :derpytongue2:

......... You, my good sir, have made me love ditzy in a way i never loved her before. Take everything i own. don't argue, just take it and leave me with Ditzy.............

Ditzy/Derpy is definitely the cutest pony out of any in fanon. The walleyes, the innocence... Everything about her screams: "LOVE ME!"

Sequel plz. Want to see more "me"+ditzy. Love the inserted pics in your stories. I really like the character you made ditzy into.


Very good layout and flow. If there were grammar mistakes, I was too engrossed in the story to notice/care.

Oh, My! I loved it. Bravo, Says I!
Really Lifted my spirits after what happened in the beginning, Poor, Poor Ditzy. :heart:
Yay for Mr. Crowley. Continue your great stories!

Very nice indeed, and a great way to end there too. keep up the great work.

you write good!!!:derpytongue2: [img]AT+THE+GALA+AT+THE+GALA+AT+_72cb2c5b2cf26df3cd9411b5ee592727[/img]




[img]images (7)[/img]



[img]carlsire+rolls+89+Dubs+and+I+can+get+some+_602069fa9d072f073b48e67b92187aff[/img]

Following you was definitely worth it. I applaud you good sir. Please, keep it up. If you do not, I will :applecry: Then I will proceed to :flutterrage:

Bonus chapter?... PLEEEAAASE??? :fluttershysad:

Top stuff! Short, simple and really sweet. I loved it. Keep up the great work!

Please, continue this. I beg you.

OHAI
reread it
still ossum
continue being great

that crossover was gold :D

I enjoyed this very much; it matched the characterization of Derpy I had in my head fairly well. She's not a doofus, she just gets a case of the scatterbrains now and then. The scenery of the workplace and its various goings-on is pretty realistic too; kudos on getting the tone of that just right. Fine job! :)

Ooh, your roommate is the one dating Fluttrrshy!:derpytongue2::yay:

128885

I'm = I am.

Therefore : I am sorry. ← 3 words.

130727
No.
I am = 2 words.
I'm = 1 word.
Just like "can't" is 1 word, unlike "can not".
Just like "you're" is 1 word, unlike "you are".
Just like "it's" is 1 word, unlike "it is".
"I'm sorry" is two words, containing the words "I'm" and "sorry". If you'll look carefully, it does not contain the word "I", nor does it contain "am". It contains "I'm", which, while it means the exact same thing as "I am", it is, in fact, one word. Not two words. Ipso facto, "I'm sorry" is two words. Not three.
No offense, but I have the odd feeling that English is not your first language, is it DTKingPrime?

I usually hate second person stories with a firey passion typically reserved for child molesters and people who talk at the theater, so I put off reading this for far longer than I should have. But, I must say, you've done it. Not only did you actually get me to finish a second person story, but I loved it. Bravo! :pinkiehappy: :rainbowkiss:

(Though I still would've liked it better if it were in first or third. :scootangel:)

see i knew that this was going to happen. :trollestia:
woodsidetrading.com/assets/images/rating5star.png

Wait so that is me talking to me :I awkward? :derpyderp1: :fluttershysad:

Login or register to comment