• Published 4th Dec 2012
  • 1,407 Views, 11 Comments

Rewritten. - SuzukiDragon



Twilight finds herself reliving her life all over again, free to choose any ending she likes.

  • ...
4
 11
 1,407

Chapter 2 - A new, but shaky beginning!

Twilight sat in the gleaming metal carriage, soaking up the beautiful scenery she hadn't seen for for so long, and enjoying the sunlight. To her, the sun appeared to be shining brighter than usual, but she knew that it was simply since her mentor was much more alive and cheery, and didn't have a complete failure of a student to dim her sun over as of yet. And she won't. I'm not sure that I deserve a second chance. But I owe it to her, and I owe it to my friends to give them a second chance, and to make everything right! This time I won't practice any dark magic, and this time I refuse to let my friends suffer!

Spike gazed at the rapidly approaching Ponyville and prepared to leave the carriage. "Ready Twilight? You've seemed distracted the entire trip!"

She nodded distantly, as Spike handled her saddle bags and pulled out a letter from Celestia.

"My dear Twilight... There is more to a young ponies life than studying! I'm sending you to supervise the preperations for the Summer Sun Celebration, in this years location, Ponyville!" Spike read out, as Twilight tried to remember how to act like her younger self who hadn't cared for her friends at all. As opposed to me... Who didn't care for their safety.

She put on an annoyed look, and said, "Ugh. I can't believe I'm doing this." Spike continued, "And, I have an even more important task for you to complete. Make some friends!" Twilight could barely fight the smile trying to fight the sad groan she gave, as if making friends was awful when she could be studying. Was I seriously that anti-social? Wow. Making friends really does change everything.

"Well, at least I'll be staying in a library," Twilight said hopefully, momentarily forgetting that she wasn't supposed to know this fact yet. When she did remember, she quickly added, "Or at least, I wish I was. The princess will probably have me stay somewhere in the middle of town, so I can make friends easier..."

Spike's look of surprise at Twilight's correct "Guess" was evident. "Actually, you will be staying in a Library! Did you read this without me?"

She suppressed the urge to demeanor Spike's intelligence, He's my friend! He's practically a little brother! Friends shouldn't do that kind of stuff! and announced. "Well, that's one thing good about this whole Ponyville business. I have a plan! I'll deal with the Summer Sun preparations as fast as possible, and then head to the library to learn all I can about Lu- About Nightmare Moon!"

"Wait, but that doesn't leave you any time to make friends like the Princess said!" Spike complained. Don't worry about me making friend's Spike. I plan to put a bit more effort into that this time.

The Carriage was on the verge of landing now, and the Royal guard pegasi were beginning to flutter their wings in such a way as to slow down.

"Spike, the Princess said for me to work on preparing the Summer Sun Celebration! I plan to carry out my royal duties and do just that. I'm certain that there is no possible way the fate of Equestria could possibly count on me making friends!"

The carriage landed smoothly, and slowed to a stop. Twilight's keen eyes picked up Pinkie Pie trotting over to investigate the new visitors. The Royal guard stopped with a clattering of hooves, and they gave a tired whinny. "Thank you sirs!" Twilight recalled is what she had said at this point, and watched as they gave a snort of gratitude, and sped away.

I remember them both... They were some of the first to have their wings removed... The grim thought seemed a lot darker now that there were no other voices in Twilight's head.

She shivered a little bit, then felt a warm presence as Pinkie approached.

"Maybe the ponies in Ponyville, have interesting things to talk about!" Spike noted, as Twilight turned to face her friend.

Her hair was fluffy, and far from it's memorable stringy and flat. And her coat was a shining star compared to how bright Twilight remembered it being when she last saw Pinkie.

Comments ( 4 )

And... I accidentally several months. It's been far too long since I even thought of working on this story, so I decided it was the perfect time to work on it!

twilight what did you do?

better yet... What will she do?

2200832 Know that feel, bro

Login or register to comment