• Published 4th Dec 2012
  • 4,159 Views, 166 Comments

Overpinking It - PropMaster



Ponky likes Pinkie Pie, and she likes him. Maybe? It's hard to tell.

  • ...
11
 166
 4,159

Chapter 1: Superfast Muffin Mix

“I dunno, Pinkie Pie. Maybe we shouldn’t do this.”

“It’s okay, silly! Everything’ll be fine!”

“I’m just... aren’t we doing this a little too fast?”

“But fast is fun! Plus, I’ve never tried this before.”

“You’ve never tried this before? But... but you’re you! I just thought—”

“Oh, come on, who do you think I am? I usually go a bit slower than this, but for you, we’re doing things a little differently!”

“Oh. Thank you?”

“You’re welcome! Now, get ready, because this is either going to go amazingly well, orrrrrr we’ll have a huge mess to clean up.”

“Do you need me to do anything?”

“You just sit there and let Auntie Pinkie Pie take care of things.”

Pinkie Pie stood before an oven in Sugarcube Corner, wearing a heavy-duty apron, two oven mitts, and a welder’s face shield. The oven was visibly glowing with intense heat. Pinkie used tongs to open the door, releasing a wave of heat that made her fluffy mane wilt slightly, before springing back, twice as frizzy. With quick movements, she grabbed a waiting muffin tin—the mix already bubbling from sheer proximity to the intense heat—and shoved it into the oven with the tongs. Slamming the oven door shut, Pinkie took a few steps back, and then drooped backwards over the counter with an audible “Whew!”

Peeling off the welding mask, Pinkie Pie’s grinning—if slightly sweaty—upside-down face was revealed. She giggled, addressing the young pegasus stallion who sat on the opposite side of the counter. “If I guessed right, these muffins should be done in about two minutes and be delicious!”

The young stallion chuckled, brushing his maroon mane out of his eyes. “I appreciate this, Pinkie. I’ve never had time to wait for you to make a fresh batch of muffins in the morning before I gotta go to work.”

Pinkie grinned, reaching out from her upside-down position and poking the stallion on the nose. “Preee-cisely! Everypony deserves a warm muffin on their way to work. It’s, like, the best way to start the day.”

“I really don’t mind the day-old muffins, though, Pinkie,” the stallion replied with a smile. “Your muffins always taste good.”

Laughing and kicking her legs, Pinkie Pie rolled off the counter, landing upright and peeked at the oven’s timer. “Almost done! Now, cover up that creamy coat and wings of yours, because when I open this door... well, let’s hope that the muffins haven’t swelled to enormous size and explode when exposed to the colder air, showering us in scalding muffin bits!”

The stallion blinked, trying to decide whether Pinkie was being serious or not. When she retrieved the welding mask again, he swallowed hard and pulled on an apron—a light green one that matched his eyes—and ducked down behind the counter a bit, peering over the top to watch Pinkie Pie with wide eyes. “You’re crazy, you know that?”

“You better believe it, stud!” Pinkie lowered the welding mask and grabbed the tongs, and opened the oven in one smooth motion, before quickly jumping back; as if in anticipation of a catastrophic baking failure.

When no explosions occurred, she retrieved the muffin tin and dropped it onto a hot-pad on the counter. Closing the oven door with a sharp kick of her back legs, she turned off the heat and then spun to look at the muffins. Pulling off the welding mask, she squealed, practically leaping over the counter to grab the crouching pegasus. “It worked! Perfectly baked muffins in two minutes! It’s gotta be a record!”

The stallion laughed, Pinkie’s attitude infectious. “Awesome! I can’t wait to try one!”

“Better let ‘em cool, first. Can’t let your pretty vocal cords get burnt by boiling baked bits!”

“Aw, c’mon! Safety is boring! Let’s try a bite. Don’t you always say that muffins are best right out of the oven?” asked the pegasus stallion.

Pinkie Pie hummed, frowning. “I dunno. Normally I’d have gone for one by now, too, but I’ve never baked anything at 800 degrees before!”

“Adventure is the spice of life, Pinkie!”

“That’s funny. I thought it was cinnamon!”

They both laughed, beaming at each other. The pegasus made made a pouty face at Pinkie Pie, whimpering like a puppy, and Pinkie Pie laughed even harder, pushing a hoof in his pleading face and turning it away from her. “Okay, okay! Turn off the adorableness! Let’s try a muffin!”

The pegasus grinned as Pinkie pulled two muffins out of the tin with the tongs and set the steaming baked goods on the counter. Leaning down, he savored the smell, his eyes rolling skyward. “Oh baby. Marry me.”

“Who? Me, or the muffin?” Pinkie Pie elbowed the stallion and gave him a wink.

The stallion smirked, blushing slightly. “The muffin, obviously!”

Pinkie Pie cheered, disappearing briefly out of the kitchen, and returning moments later with a tiny top hat and a white wedding veil. She sat the little top hat on the muffin, and slapped the veil onto the pegasus pony’s head, messing up his already messy mane. “I now pronounce you muffin and wife! You may eat the groom!”

The pegasus pony smirked, shaking his head and removing the veil, and took a cautious nibble of the muffin after removing the little hat. He chewed slowly as the flavor of apple and cinnamon and sweet oats mingled on his palette, and his eyes closed appreciatively. Pinkie Pie watched him critically, an eyebrow raising and her eyes slowly widening. The silence stretched for several long moments. When he opened his eyes, he was almost nose-to-nose with Pinkie Pie, who’d leaned in close. “Well?!” she asked, expectantly.

“This is...”

“Yes?”

“...without a doubt...”

“Yes?”

“...the best breakfast muffin ever. You rock, Pinkie Pie!”

Pinkie giggled and snorted. “No I don’t!” She produced a rolling pin from out of nowhere and tapped it on the counter. “I roll.”

The pegasus stallion smiled. “Right. Because you’re a baker.”

Pinkie Pie winked. “On the nose!”

The pegasus stallion finished off the muffin, eating a little faster, and sighed. “Whew. That sure hit the spot.”

“Here, take the rest of the batch with you to work! I’m sure the boys will appreciate it.” Pinkie Pie grabbed a small pastry box and packed the breakfast muffins into them.

The pegasus laughed. “Are you kidding? They’ll scarf them down and say things like, ‘good job sweet-talking the baker into giving us food, bro’ and ‘that was good’, and ‘f’naaaaa’. They have no appreciation for your skills other than as a way to fill their bellies.”

“Well, that’s half the idea, anyway. They get points for trying, right?” Pinkie grinned.

The stallion smiled, “Yeah, I suppose.”

Pinkie grinned, giving the pegasus a spontaneous hug. “Plus, you more than compensate for their lack of appreciation. Oh, you’re such a good friend!”

The pegasus grinned, returning the hug. “I don’t know what I did to deserve the hug. I’m just bumming pastries off you like some sort ‘a starving artist.”

“And it’s my job to keep the starving out of your artist! Now, you’d better go, you’re gonna be late!” Pinkie Pie released the pegasus from her hug and pointed to a clock on the wall.

The pegasus glanced up at the clock and his eyes widened. “Oh shoot! You’re right! Thanks Pinkie! You’re the best!” Jumping into the air with a flap of his wings, the pegasus flipped the box of pastries onto his back and flew towards the back door, pushing it open with a slender forearm. The sun was just peeking over the horizon outside, and a slight chill blew into the warm kitchen as the pegasus stallion left Sugarcube Corner.

“Wait!” called Pinkie Pie from behind him.

The pegasus turned in midair, carefully balancing the box of muffins as he looked back towards the open kitchen door. Pinkie Pie waved a blue and yellow article of clothing at the pegasus. “You forgot your Wonderbolts hoodie!”

The pegasus facehoofed, shaking his head with a helpless chuckle. “What would I do without you, Pinkie?”

“Hmm. Probably starve!” Pinkie winked at him, hoofing over the hoodie.

“Thanks Pinkie! See you later!” The pegasus flew into the early morning sky, heading towards the eastern end of Ponyville.

“And you make sure to eat a few more of those muffins! You’re too skinny, Ponky!” hollered Pinkie after the pegasus.

Ponky Piano chuckled, calling back, “Thanks, dear!

“You’re welcome, sweetie!

Ponky laughed, shaking his head, and headed for work.


- Overpinking It -

By PropMaster


Ponky skidded to a landing in front of the theater building, pushing open the door and sliding inside to escape the cold morning air. Admittedly, the air inside the lobby of the theater was only marginally warmer, but it was something anyway. He set the muffins aside for a moment and pulled on his Wonderbolts hoodie, happy for the extra layer between him and the cold.

The lobby of the theater was simply a small foyer with a black-and-white checkered tile floor, a desk for ticket and concession sales, and four small couches for patrons to sit on during intermissions. The walls were papered with posters of past performances. Hanging behind the desk, the poster of the upcoming performance was displayed proudly:

“This November: Cheerilee’s Schoolhouse Performers present: “Romule and Fillyet” by Willhayem Flankspeare—Adapted for Young Audiences by Purple Prose. Directed by Forceful Will.”

Ponky smiled at the poster and, grabbing the pastry box, headed out of the lobby, pushing open the double doors at the back of the room and into the theater proper. The double doors opened into the audience seating area: two hundred slightly worn red velvet cushions, set on a slope to allow ponies an unobstructed view of the stage. The stage itself had a black box appearance, the proscenium arch and body of the stage painted black, and the curtains hiding the wings also all black. The only spots of color on stage were the red main curtains and the set for the play, which was currently being constructed.

Up in the rafters, above the audience, two ponies—one pegasus and one earth pony—sat side-by-side, working on the lighting rig: adjusting and focusing the lights and ensuring everything was ready for the performance in a few days. They argued good-naturedly as they worked.

“I’m telling you, Ellipsis, this one’s right on the money. Center stage, solid focus. When Romule gives his soliloquy, he’ll be lit perfectly,” stated the orange-coated, black-maned pegasus stallion.

“And I’m telling you, Razzberry, it needs to be shifted stage left, because I’ve got that light set on my board to fade with the blackouts, and this one for center stage,” replied the white-coated, green-maned earth pony stallion.

Razzberry snorted. “Fine! You’re the engineer, Ellipsis.”

“That’s right. I am the engineer, Raz. So I probably know what I’m doing, right?” said Ellipsis, smirking.

“Yeah. Okay, I’ll switch it.” Razzberry called down towards the stage. “Hey, Props! Get your flank center stage. I gotta focus one of the lights again.”

From behind one of the set pieces, a heavily built unicorn with a brown coat and yellow mane stepped out, moving to center stage and rearing up on his hind legs, with his forelegs dramatically outstretched. The unicorn smirked. “How’s this?”

Razzberry and Ellipsis chuckled. “Yeah, that’ll do,” snickered Razzberry.

“Could you pose any sillier, Props? That’d be a big help,” quipped Ellipsis.

Props stuck out his tongue at the two ponies, turning around and presenting his backside and wooden-sword-and-hammer cutie mark to the seating area, his short-cropped tail flicking. “Better?”

“Woo hoo! Hubba hubba!” crowed Ponky from the back row of the audience. “I thought this was a children’s show, but boy was I wrong!”

Onstage, Props laughed, glancing over his shoulder into the audience. “Well, look who finally showed up. How’s it going, pretty-boy frontpony?”

Ellipsis and Razzberry waved at Ponky from the rafters. “Morning Ponky! Got any baked goods for us today?” asked Razzberry.

Ellipsis nudged Razzberry. “Or are you just late because Pinkie Pie talked your ear off?”

Ponky rolled his eyes. “Ingrates and moochers, the lot of you. You should treat the talent better, or you’ll have to find yourself another piano player!”

“What would we do without your amazing singing voice, piano skills, and dashing good looks? You’re our triple-threat, Ponky.” drawled a sarcastic voice from the doorway.

Ponky beamed, looking back to address another member of the theater group. “Purple Prose! You don’t have to flatter, I know you love me.”

Purple Prose, a dark-purple unicorn with a grey mane and a quill cutie mark, smirked. “Yeah yeah. Keep tellin’ yourself that.”

“I’ll bet he does. All the time,” snarked Razzberry.

Ellipsis rolled his eyes. “Yeah, funny. Can we get back to focusing these lights, Raz? We’re gonna be up here for hours at this rate, and I’d like to have these lights ready by the time Cheerilee and the foals get here for practice.”

“Fine, don’t get your bridle in a bunch,” mumbled Razzberry, grabbing a screwdriver in his mouth and adjusting the lights. “You just want it to look good for Cheerilee, anyway.”

Ellipsis blushed slightly. “N-no. Not just for her. The kids deserve the best.”

Ellipsis consulted a complex hoof-written chart of the lighting set-up, directing Raz. Onstage, Props levitated a paintbrush and paint can, painting the set pieces to look like part of Old Canterlot Castle, moving occasionally downstage to let Razzberry and Ellipsis test the lights on him. Meanwhile, Purple Prose and Ponky Piano moved down to the side of the stage, where a piano sat, awaiting its player.

“So, you did bring us breakfast, right?” asked Purple Prose.

“Yeah, I did. Pinkie Pie perfected some kind of crazy speed-baking technique this morning, and managed a full batch of fresh muffins before I had to head here.” Ponky set the pastry box on top of the piano and opened it. The scent of apple-cinnamon muffins wafted into the theater, turning all the working ponies’ heads. “She sent along extras for everypony.”

Purple Prose grinned. “The best part of waking up is... well, nothing, but I sure do appreciate fresh baked goods.”

Props levitated a muffin up onstage, his magic glowing with a teal hue, and took a bite. “These are good.”

Purple Prose assisted Razzberry and Ellipsis, levitating two muffins up to the rafters with his dark-blue-tinted sorcery for the techs. Razzberry and Ellipsis paused in their work, eating Pinkie’s breakfast muffins quickly. “Good job sweet-talking the baker into getting us food, bro.” mumbled Razzberry around a bite of muffin-y goodness.

Purple Prose tucked into his muffin with gusto, murmuring his silly catch-all exclamation, “F’naaa.”

Ponky chuckled. “I told Pinkie you guys would say that.”

Props smirked, dabbing some paint onto the set and trying to add a little depth to the appearance of the castle façade. “We’re a predictable bunch, us theater ponies.”

“Simple ponies with simple needs. Freezing cold theater air and dangerous heights; paint fumes and power tools. Camaraderie at it’s finest,” mused Purple Prose, taking a thoughtful bite of his muffin.

“You’re so full of crap, Prose,” quipped Ponky with a wink at the writer pony.

Prose laughed, “Who are you, Professor Vimbert?”

“Where is your illustrious editor-in-chief, anyway? Or are there no more revisions that need to be done to make Flankspeare more age-appropriate for school foals?” asked Ponky.

“You don’t know the half of it. The Bard was a dirty old pony, he just hid it in flowery language.”

“Sounds familiar to me,” remarked Props from on stage, with a knowing grin.

“Et tu, Props?” moaned Purple Prose, trying not to smile.

Props chuckled, “Love ya, buddy.”

Prose made a shooing motion at Props, who returned to his work on the set. “How about you, Ponky? Gonna get those ivories warmed up before the little brats get here?” asked Purple Prose.

Ponky flipped up the dust cover on the piano and sat down at the bench. He extended out his wings, leaning back, and tapped the middle ‘c’ key, emitting a gentle tone from the piano. “... Annnnd... done.”

Purple Prose snorted and said sarcastically. “Good work, Ponky. Another concerto of wonderment for the ears. Everypony will surely be in tears.”

“You sound like Zecora, Prose.” Ponky chuckled, cracking his neck and limbering up his hooves, and then launched into a rendition of the Equestrian National anthem, modified on the fly into a ragtime tune.

Purple Prose laughed. “That’s more like it.” Waving a hoof imperiously at nopony in particular, he called, “Carry on, gentlecolts. I’ll be in the front office, writing away. Forceful Will should be here soon with Cheerilee and our actors; he let me know that they were going to go over lines at the schoolhouse before coming over to work on blocking.”

Ponky nodded, his hooves still flying over the keys, his wings twitching in time to the music. “Sounds good to me. We’ll be ready for ‘em.”

Purple Prose headed up towards the lobby, where the “office”—a modified storage closet where he kept his typewriter—awaited him. Props asked Ponky, spontaneously, “Hey, is Pinkie Pie coming to the performance?”

“Uh, not sure, actually,” said Ponky, glancing up from the piano to look at Props.

Props gave Ponky a knowing look. “You haven’t asked her to come?”

Ponky stopped playing, turning around to face Props. “No. Should I? Do you think she’d like it?”

“Sure, probably. Pinkie Pie likes lots of things... but that’s not the point. You should invite her.” Props gestured with his paint brush. “You gotta make a move, stud.”

Ponky snorted. “Aw, c’mon Props. It’s not like that. We’re friends.”

Chuckling, Props approached the edge of the stage, his paint brush continuing to work behind him. “Sure it’s not like that, Ponky. You only stop by Sugarcube Corner every morning to talk with her.”

“I’m getting breakfast!”

“Uh huh. And if you aren’t playing piano or singing, you’re talking about something funny Pinkie Pie said, or something she did. Sometimes you play piano and talk about Pinkie Pie.”

“That... that doesn’t mean anything! She’s just fun to be around,” countered Ponky, his face reddening.

Props shook his head, laughing. “Well, she obviously means something to you. So, invite her. I bet she’ll be delighted that you wanted her to come.”

Ponky bit his lip, considering what Props had said. “You think she’d like that?”

“I think she would. Even if it’s just ‘as friends,’ she’ll be happy.”

Ponky smiled, blushing a little. “I guess so, huh?”

Cooing, Props poked Ponky’s cheeks with telekinesis, squashing his lips together into a kissy-face. “Aww, lookit you, all grinny and blushy.”

“Hey, come on! Cut it out.” Ponky protested, shaking his cheeks. “Pinkie Pie and I are just friends. We hang out a lot, sure, but... I mean, I don’t know. She’s never acted like anything is different between us.”

Props grinned at Ponky. “Well, then that’s up to you to find out, isn’t it? Not inviting her won’t solve anything, regardless, so why not? Plus, I know you’d like it if she came to see the play.”

“Yeah. That’d be pretty cool. She’s been talking about getting together more often, anyway. She wanted me to come to meet her friends tomorrow, after I was done helping with the rehearsal.” Ponky rubbed the back of his neck, thinking about her offer a few days ago.

Props looked surprised, and called up to the rafters, “Hey, Ellipsis, Raz! Pinkie Pie wants Ponky to meet her friends.”

What!” shouted Razzberry.

“Wow. That’s a big step, Ponky!” said Ellipsis, sounding impressed.

Ponky laughed. “What are you guys talking about?”

Raz stared at him. “You don’t know?!” Stretching his wings and kicking off the rafters, he soared down to hover in front of Ponky. “When a mare invites you to meet her friends, what she’s really doing is getting her friends to check you out. She’s looking for approval.”

“Approval?”

“For dating, Ponky!” said Ellipsis, waving his hooves in the air to emphasize the point.

Ponky stared at Props, Razzberry, and Ellipsis, before bursting into laughter. “You guys are nuts. It’s just going to be a little meet up at Sugarcube Corner, that’s all.”

Shaking his head, Props said, “I think Raz and Ellipsis are right, Ponky. Pinkie’s probably interested in you, but she wants you to meet her friends, to see what they think of you before she makes any decisions.”

Ponky looked between the three ponies, who earnestly watched him, waiting for a response. “...You think so?” asked Ponky, hesitantly.

“Brother, would I lie to you? Chances are, we’re right about this one. She’s looking for approval from her marefriends, and she’s probably looking to gauge how you interact with them,” stated Props. He set down the paintbrush, ending his levitation spell, and sat down on the edge of the stage closest to Ponky. “Do you know who her friends are?”

“Yeah, I think I know all of them. Rarity, the fashion designer. Fluttershy, the shy animal lover. Twilight Sparkle, the librarian. Applejack, the farm pony from Sweet Apple Acres. Rainbow Dash, Ponyville’s weather flyer. And, with Pinkie Pie, they make up the Elements of Harmony.”

Nodding, Props said, “Well, sounds like you know what you’re walking into, anyway.”

Raz shook his head. “Oh man. If I were you, I’d be so nervous. Those six mares are legendary. Heroes of Equestria!”

From the rafters, Ellipsis called, “No worries, Ponky. Just charm the saddles off of all of ‘em. You got it! After all, you only have to make a good impression on six of the most famous mares in Ponyville.”

“Yeah. No pressure, buddy,” laughed Raz.

Ponky wilted visibly, dropping off the piano bench and onto the floor on his back, legs in the air. “... Oh Celestia, what if you guys are right? What should I do?”

Rolling his eyes, Props hopped off the stage and picked up Ponky, brushing off his Wonderbolts hoodie. “First, calm down, and don’t listen to those two. Ellipsis is right. You need to make a good impression. Don’t overthink it, though. Be yourself.”

Ponky stared at Props helplessly. “What if myself isn’t enough? I mean, Rarity is a fashion designer, right?” He picked at the sleeve of his Wonderbolts hoodie, looking forlorn. “I doubt she’d appreciate the hoodie.”

“Well, just don’t wear the hoodie, then. Be a gentlecolt, of course, but try not to worry. You’ve got plenty of good qualities that I’m sure will impress Pinkie Pie’s marefriends.” Props glanced at Razzberry and Ellipsis, prompting them with a raised eyebrow.

“Oh! Uh, yeah, Ponky! You’re a terrific singer, and you play piano really well,” said Raz, smiling.

“You’re good with kids, too. I’m sure Fluttershy will appreciate your kindness,” stated Ellipsis.

“Oh, and you give us your food all the time. That’s generosity! Rarity will like that,” added Raz.

Props grinned at Ponky. “You’re also an honest guy, so Applejack will identify with you. Plus, you like the Wonderbolts, and I know Rainbow Dash is a fan of theirs, so that covers her.”

“Thanks everypony. That means a lot. What about Twilight Sparkle?” asked Ponky, his attitude going from defeated to positive.

Props frowned. “Well, uh... you were never one for studying, right? I mean, unless it was music or something creative.”

“She’s a real brainiac, right? Maybe impress her with your musical knowledge, if the subject comes up?” mused Razzberry, sounding uncertain.

Chiming in, Ellipsis added, “Twilight is really nice. I use the library all the time, for technical manuals and stuff. I don’t think she’ll be a problem.”

Taking in all his friends’ suggestions, Ponky beamed. “Thanks. You guys are the best. I’ll think about what you said.”

Props smiled, tousling Ponky’s mane affectionately. “Always happy to help.”

Ellipsis, Razzberry, and Props got back to work, and Ponky pensively tapped on the keys of the piano, thinking about the next day.

Suddenly, the double doors flew open with a resounding crash, and a dozen cheering and giggling foals came pouring in, followed by a tired looking unicorn with a silver coat and dark-blue mane. “The talent has arrived,” the silver unicorn droned, smirking.

A moment later, Cheerilee trotted in, standing next to the silver unicorn. “Thank you ever-so-much, Forceful Will. I appreciate all the work you’re putting into this.”

Forceful Will smiled, “Just doing my job, ma’am.”

Smiling, Cheerilee called up to the two tech ponies. “Hello Razzberry. Hello Ellipsis.”

“Hey Miss Cheerilee!” called back Raz, waving at her.

“Er... Hello, Cheerilee! I hope you’re doing well?” replied Ellipsis, looking a little flustered.

“I’m fine, Ellipsis, thank you. How are you?”

“Great! I’m excellent. Just working on getting the lights perfect for the show,” Ellipsis pointed to the lights.

“Thank you, both. I’m sure it will look perfect,” Cheerilee beamed kindly up at the two ponies. Ellipsis looked a little faint, managing to smile back, and Razzberry chuckled, nudging his friend. Ellipsis snapped out of whatever daydream he’d been having, and returned back to working on the lights.

Meanwhile, Ponky was swarmed by foals, who clambered all over him, shouting wildly and laughing.

“Heya Mister Ponky!”

“Forceful Will’s been teaching us how to be actors!”

“We hoped you’d come to the rehearsal!”

Ponky beamed, totally at ease. “Hey kiddos. Everypony ready for practice?”

The foals all cheered, leaping up onto the stage. Props confronted the rambunctious bunch with a grin. “All right, the set is done, the paint is just drying, so be careful not to touch the set pieces until I let you know. Are we clear?”

The foals responded in chorus with a practiced, “Crystal clear, Mister Props!”

“All right, everypony. Break a leg! I’ll be offstage with your props and stuff, so we’ll sort out who’s using what today.”

A yellow-colored filly with a red mane and a big pink bow raised her hoof. Props nodded at her. “Applebloom?”

“Mister Props, while we’re waiting t’ go on stage, will ya tell us the story about how you got yer cutie mark?” asked the young filly with a hopeful smile.

“I’ll bet it’s awesome! He’s got a sword as part of his cutie mark!” chimed in a orange colored pegasus filly with a fuschia mane.

“I wanna know how Mister Ponky got his cutie mark!” added a white unicorn filly with a two-toned lavender and pink mane, pointing towards the piano keys on Ponky’s flank.

Props laughed, glancing at Ponky and shrugging. “Sure, why not? I’ll tell you about my cutie mark, and maybe after we’re done assigning props, Ponky can tell us about his.”

The foals cheered, and Ponky struck a happy chord on the piano in agreement, causing many giggles. Forceful Will hopped up onto the stage, gesturing to the foals to sit down. “All right, quiet down everypony. Purple Prose has a few revisions for the script, so we’ll give him our attention next. We’ve got a lot to do today, so let’s try to focus.”


- End of Chapter 1 -


Dedicated to Ponky, for being awesome. Surprise!