• Published 9th Dec 2012
  • 772 Views, 12 Comments

Bad Romance - Yuki Harima



You visit your foalhood friend Rarity after something tragic happens to her.

  • ...
 12
 772

Chapter 1:

Bad Romance By Yuki Harima Sorry if I offend anyone. This story is meant for fictional use. If I do offend you then please send me a PM about it.

“Next stop, Ponyville” The conductor announces to let everypony on the train know. “Please get your things and prepare to depart the train.”

You are almost at your destination. You usually don’t go to ponyville except for one reason: your best friend Rarity needs your help. You have been her friend since you were a little foal. You both went to the same school, and hung out a lot. As time passed, your family moved to Canterlot, and you rarely see her except on some special occasion like her birthday or fashion show.

Now, you are visiting on an urgent matter. You got a letter from her saying that something tragic happened to her, and needs somepony to talk to. You don’t know what it is, but it sounded urgent and she needs your help.
“We have arrived at our destination” the conductor announces. You quickly grab your bag and make you way over to Rarity’s Carousel Boutique.

You arrive at the store but something seems off. The store doesn’t look as crisp, and pristine as it usually is. Most of the shades are closed down; the blinds shut, and on the door it said “Sorry, we are closed”. Well this seems puzzling. It is Saturday and Rarity is always open on a Saturday as most ponies will do their shopping around this day of the week. You think to yourself. You take a second look at the store. The store gives off a haunting, gloomy aura that sends shivers down your spine.

You finally decide to knock at the door as staring at the store isn’t going to help Rarity at all. The door opens as a cute little white filly that you know proceeds to say, “I’m sorry but the store is…” she looks at you. A smile appears on her muzzle and proceeds to tackle hug you.

“Oh my gosh! You’re here!” Sweetie Belle exclaims. “I haven’t seen you since last year!” You remember seeing the perky filly when you were growing up. She was a hoof full back then, and even now she is.

“Yea, Yea Sweetie Belle.” You grin at the fillies antics. You pick her up and place her down right in front of you. “Is your sister around? I got an urgent letter from her. Is she alright?” you asked with concern.

Sweetie Belle’s face becomes sadden at the mention of her sister. “No, she isn’t alright. She’s stayed inside every day for the past week.”

“Stayed inside?”You wondered. “That isn’t like Rarity. I know she goes to the spa every week with her friend Fluttershy, and that she needs to go out once a week to get materials for her new line of work. I guess she really needs my help”

“Can I come in and talk to her?” You ask Sweetie Belle. “I think she needs somepony’s help.

A smile appears on Sweetie Belle’s face. “Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!” She bounces around with glee. “Please follow me.”

She takes you inside the boutique. You look around the shop. Mannequins litter the ground many of them no longer have vivid clothes on them and even a few were coated in dust; the room was dimly lit, even during the middle of the day. The shop, once filled with bright and colorful clothing; and a happier demeanor, is now filled with despair. Rarity is never like this. Something terrible must have happen to her.

You place your bags next to the front door before, you walk up the stairs, and it is just as gloomy as the rest of the building. “Umm…Sweetie Belle” you manage to get out after being distracted with the scenery, “Where are you taking me.”

“To my room,” She said as if the scenery has no effect on her. “Rarity doesn’t want to go to her room…” he face saddens as she mentions, “after what happened to her…she doesn’t want to even leave my room, and makes me stay with her every day. I haven’t seen my friends except during school because Rarity worries that something bad is going to happen if I don’t come back.”

“Wow…something did happen to Rarity. She would never be this attached to Sweetie Belle. In fact she would want to get rid of her since she messes up on just about everything.”

“Here we are, my room,” Sweetie belle said as we walk up to the door. You can hear audible sobbing in the other room. Sweetie Belle opens the door, “Rarity, a certain somepony is here to help you.”

You walk in and what you see shocks you. Rarity is lying on the small bed in a fetal position. Her mane is disheveled, and discolored from the lack of care. Her fur is clumped together, and dirty from the lack of necessary grooming, and she is wearing her pink bathrobe which is dirty from the evident food stains on it.

She starts to get up and turn to you while saying, “Can you please send that pony home. I am in no mood to…see” She stops when she sees you. “How…did…you,”

“I am here to help you Rarity.” You say in a caring tone, and cautiously walk forward.

“NO!” she yells, “I don’t need anypony’s help! I just want to wallow my pain in peace!” you sigh and look at Sweetie Belle.

“Can you please leave us for a while,” You tell her nicely, “I think Rarity and I need to have a grown up talk.”

Sweetie Belle understands. “I am going to go see my friends, if that is alright.”

“Sure, go right ahead.” You give her an approving smile to let her know it is alright to do so.

She dashes out the door and heads down the stairs shouting, “THANK YOU!” Such a cute, innocent little filly.

You see Rarity just looking away from you and staring out the window. What happen to her, that made her a ghost of her former chipper self that you have known, and became friends with. “Rarity…”

“I don’t want to talk,” she mumbles.

“Rarity…you need help” you keep walking towards her softly to let her know that you are trying to help.

“I don’t want your help.” She stubbornly states.

“Rarity…your shop looks dead, this room is a pigsty and you look liked you haven’t groomed yourself in over a week.” You deadpanned; if being nice isn’t going to work then being forceful can do the trick. “You obviously need help.”

“I said I don’t need any!” She forcefully yells back.

You sigh and walk to her bed. You take a seat right next to her on the small bed. Rarity still doesn’t look you in the eyes, and continues to stare out the window. “Rarity...I told you everything that has been bothering me. When my parents divorced, I went to you for help. When I was having problems with those mean fillies from school, you stood up for me.” You have your hoofs gently touch her head and have her look at you. She stared into your calming eyes, and didn’t look away.

“Now I am here to help you Rarity.” You softly spoke, “Can you please tell me what is going on.”

Rarity looks away for a second, and contemplates what you just told her. She takes in a deep breath and sighs. “Alright, I will tell you.” She sits up in the bed. “Can you please get me some water? I am rather parched after not drinking anything this morning.”

“Sure anything you need.” You walk downstairs into the kitchen. You see pots and pans in the sink, food stains all over the counter, and even rotten food in the corner of the counter. You open up the cupboard above the sink and managed to find one clean glass in there for her to use. You fill it up with water, and head back upstairs.

When you got upstairs, you notice rarity sitting up straight, and with a blanket wrapped around her. You decide to take a seat next to her, and give her the drink. She levitates it up to her mouth and drinks the whole thing down; as if it was the only thing she had this morning. You look at her one more time, and she that her stomach is concave in and some of her ribs are showing. Well you hope you can help her.

“Now I am only going to tell you once, and if you interrupt me, then I am afraid I won’t be able to continue. “ She said, “Do you understand.”

You nod your head in agreement.

“Alright, I am about to tell you something that I haven’t told anypony except for a few.” She looks at you, her face showed a lot of bags under her eyes from the lack of sleep she got. “I want you to promise me that whatever I tell you shall not leave this room.”

You agree with her and perform the promise. “Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.” You made sure you closed your eyes for that last part.

She turns around and just stares at the window. She takes a while before starting her story, but she needs to know that you are patient and are willing to wait for her.

She starts, “It all started a while back. I don’t know when but it all started when I was dating a stallion named Caramel. I started dating him after Pinkie Pie started throwing another welcome to ponyville party for another guest I was just sitting in the corner by myself until Caramel showed up. We ended up talking and we sort of…starting dating. We found out there were some things we had in common and he was a nice gentlecolt.

“We did things every couple did. We went on dates, spend time with each other, and we shared a kiss or two. However, that was only in public. Once we were alone with nopony around….he…he” She stammers trying to get the last word out. You put a reassuring hoof on her back.

“Thank you.” She calms down a little from your reassuring touch. “As I was saying, he became a brute. He would always yell at me, and called me bad names that I shall not repeat. He was abusive too. He would hit me and leave a mark on my face but he told me to not tell anypony about it or he would hurt my sister and I... I didn’t know what to do…I didn’t want my sister hurt ,and he knew her schedule. I also didn’t want him to hurt me any further than he did…so I just played his charade for a while, and hoped that he would change. I was wrong. I was in a bad romance…a romance that I could never get out of.

“As days went on I tried to avoid him as much as I could, and as little as possible. I managed to convince him a couple of times that I had to catch up on orders. So I didn’t see him for a while which was good and I could get back to my normal lifestyle.

“Then…last week, on that fateful night that I shall remember in infamy.” She looks down at the floor and takes a deep breath before continuing. “I was working in my store late at night on a new design for an up and coming fashion show in Canterlot. I was busy with my work but I had to stop when I heard a crash come from downstairs. I went down to have a look and I saw…him. The brute of a beast, Caramel knocked my door down and walked right into my store. At first I was shocked that he managed to get in, but now I just wanted to get away.

“He said in a hungry tone, ‘I came here for you. Now you are going to be my bitch.’” Rarity started to shake as she recollects the tragic events. “He kept getting closer, and closer, and I just backed away from him until I was stuck in a corner. He grabbed one of the glass bottles on the kitchen table and knocked me out. He…He…He” She started to tear up. She grabs your shoulder and cries into you while yelling, “HE RAPED ME! HE RAPED ME!” She continues to cry in your shoulder as what she screamed hits you hard.

A pony took advantage of her. A pony abused her and used her body for his own gain. That is the worst thing that can ever happen to anypony, and you understand Rarity’s blight, and why she wouldn’t tell anypony about it.

She is still crying in your shoulder. You look around the room to notice a box of tissues on the nightstand next to the bed. You pick it up and offer them to her. Rarity looks at the tissues and takes them. “Thank you,” she softly cries. She takes some and blows her nose.

“You don’t have to continue if you don’t want to.” You coax her. “I understand and respect your privacy.”

“No, I need to get this off my chest, but I need to compose myself first.” She softly said. “Excuse me.” She walks out of the room. You figure that she is just going to the bathroom to calm her nerves for what she is about to tell you next.

After 10 minutes, Rarity comes back in and sits herself next to you. “Now it is time for me to finish this horrifying story.” She takes a deep breath and continues where she left off. “I didn’t know what was going on at the moment I came too but I saw him next to me…in my room…on my bed.”

“That is why she is sleeping in Sweetie Belle’s room. That haunting memory from being in that room would have haunted her.”You thought.

“He awoke next to me and started getting to when I started moving. I didn’t want to be anywhere near him and ran against the wall. Since I was still worried if he might do something else to me, I try to come up with a plan to knock him out and go get the local guards. I ignored the sharp pain from my head when he hit me with the bottle and the blood that was dripping down my beautiful white coat. “

“At the moment I didn’t know what he did to me, but when he woke up, he made sure to tell me the most horrifying thing.” She takes couple deep breaths to help her stay calm and not from crying in hysteria like before. “He told me ‘I manage to use that pretty little body of yours for some nice, dirty, fun.’”

Tears stream down her face again, and you offer tissues. Rarity just ignores them and continues. “It dawned to me that he raped me in my unconscious state. I was shocked, but that shocked turned into rage. I noticed some gem containers that I kept in my bedroom; so I levitated the whole chest. He didn’t notice what I was doing until I smacked him with the chest as he went flying into the wall. He landed with a dull thud. He tried to get up but he wasn’t fast enough. I realized the opening I created and ran out the bedroom to try to contact the guards.

“Once I got out, I contacted the local guards and they manage to pick up Caramel, and haul him to jail. Other ponies started coming out and wondering what was going on. I paid no attention to them or my friends that came by me and focus on the guards. I told them what had happened and what he did to me; however I didn’t mention the rape to them. I merely told them that he came in, hit me on the head with a bottle and tried to do more to me. They accepted it.

“The reason I didn’t want to tell them the rape, was it made me look unclean, that I was dirty. I use to think that I am a bright shining diamond in the world, but now…Caramel just covered me in so much filth that I didn’t want to be seen.

“I was taken to the hospital to be treated for the wound. I also checked if he did…” she pauses for a while. You just sit next to her, letting her take her time as she needs a friend to help her get through this.

“She came back and told me he did. When she told me, different thoughts were racing in my head and I just couldn’t handle it all. We both know it was too soon to tell if he…impregnated me. I made Nurse Redheart promised me to keep this between us and not to tell my friends. I went straight home and just avoided my friends. I didn’t want to be near anypony since I was tainted; I wasn’t fit to be in front of anypony at all. I didn’t want to be alone so I had Sweetie Belle stay with me the entire time. Also, my room will just bring back bad memories of that fateful night so I couldn’t stand to be anywhere near it. That is why I am in Sweetie Belle’s room; to hide myself from others and to be in a place where somepony I know won’t hurt me. “

“And that is my story of how I isolated myself from others.” Rarity concluded. Now you sit there taking in all of what she told you. You are the only pony who knows about it, and Rarity needs your help.

“Was Sweetie Belle there?” You ask. You didn’t want to hear that the poor filly was there to witness it.

“No…thank Celestia she was having a sleepover at the clubhouse.” Rarity answered.

“I assume you didn’t tell her anything about that night.”

“No…I didn’t” Rarity replies. “She is too innocent to know about something like that. I only told her what I told everypony else.”

“I see Rarity.” Rarity is a mess and needs the help of a pony. She needs your help. After much thinking, you decided that one option will be the best for her.

“I am going to stay here in Ponyville to help you recover from this ordeal.”

“You’re WHAT!?” She raised her voice in shock at your statement.

“I am going to stay here and help you recover.”

“I can’t let you do that. You have been far too kind to hear me out. I am perfectly fine the way I was.” She argues

“No you’re not Rarity. You’ve haven’t eaten in days, your mane is a complete mess, you don’t go outside, and when was the last time you showered.” You argue back.

Rarity takes a whiff at herself. Her face scrunches at the smell. “I guess I do need to shower…and a little help won’t hurt me.”

“See Rarity that is the first step to this. Letting others help you.” You smile at her.

She smiles back knowing that you are going to help her through all this. “Thank you for listening to me.” Then, Rarity realizes something. “How did you know I needed help?”

You look at her, confused by this statement. “What do you mean? You sent me the letter.” For proof you take out the letter. She takes it out of your hoof and reads it.

“This isn’t mine. I know this writing style.” She examines it closely. “It’s Spike’s. He sent you this letter. Oh he can be such a sweetheart.”

“So Spike sent me the letter knowing that I will come over and help you?” You say confused as to how the dragon knew where you live. He was nice enough to tell you about it so you just ignore it. “Well I guess his plan work since I am going to help you get through this.”

“You are right; I should send him something in return for sending you that letter.”

“Well while you do that, I should go over and drop my things off into the room I rented.” You tell Rarity. She was about to open her mouth but you beat her to it. “And no, I am not letting you pay for it or letting me stay over here.”

“Fine, but I will repay you.”

“Well you are the element of generosity…it wouldn’t be generous of you if you didn’t,” you joke to her.

She laughs at your joke. Her laugh sounds like it hasn’t been used for quite some time. “Well this is a group project. I am going to get her to tell her friends about it.”

You go downstairs and grab your bags. You think over what just happened. Your best friend gets raped by a bad pony and her mental state is torn. This seems like a lot of work for you but you can always go to her friends for help. That is what they are there for. Tomorrow I got work to do. You walk over to the inn knowing that your friend Rarity is going to be in good hooves.

Well this story was a pain to write but it is finally done, part three of my Inspired by Music series is up. If I offend anyone in this, I am really sorry about it and if anyone you know have this happen to them, I am EXTREMELY sorry. I also want to point out that the story is left incomplete for a reason. If this gains enough views and favorites, I will make this story longer and include more things to it. If it doesn't than I will just come up with a one chapter ending to basically sum it all up as I have other stories I want to write for the series. I want to thank Hingard for proofreading some of my errors. If you notice some errors than please send me a PM or in the comments as Hingard isn't really an editor but a proof-reader. If you like it or hate it or you want to kill me because I just wrote a story about your character getting raped, leave a comment. If you actually like the story so much and want to see more that is to come with the inspired by music series, leave me a watch. Yuki Hitachiin Harima singing off.

Comments ( 12 )

Not bad the Idea is solid but your grammar needs work (so does mine to be frank) but If you want I can look it over and try to fix some of the errors.

1753419 alright you can try. Thanks

When someone is thinking smething, it is generally italicized, and I saw a few grammatical errors, but other than that, it was well written. It is going into my fav list.

1761472 well...I didn't add the italics for a reason...I was tired and need to enter them manually

1761480 lol, thats ok, cause that can always be edited.

Also, I am trying to figure out why the crossover tag?

1761489 Inspired by music...it is a crossover with the song...so I think the song has to make it a crossover tag

1761505 Ask a Mod about that. He/she might say otherwise

1761548 well it wouldn't affect the story much, it is just a caution.

I'd post the corresponding song, but fuck it.

Looks promising....looking forward to more

1770215 well it depends on the amount of favs and views...if it doesn't do well than I will end it.I have other stories I wanna put out

Hmm, not bad, quite the different story then I had thought since I imagined things to be turned out differently. Nice that you use a unrecognized background pony such as Carmel since the Fandom would have different use for him and how dark and depressing to have Rarity retold the events in the story.

Just some formatting errors ,overall, nice work,.

Login or register to comment