• Published 6th Dec 2012
  • 6,490 Views, 258 Comments

Fluttersized - Barrobroadcaster



Fluttershy one day finds herself in a problem of epic proportions.

  • ...
4
 258
 6,490

Alternate Epilogue: Big Twist

Fluttershy looked to the ground as she thought of the work ahead of them. "Twilight? Could you hold on a second please?", she asked as the others galloped off towards town.

"What is it Fluttershy?", Twilight turned and asked.

"I'm pretty tired with everything that's happened today... would it be all right if I went home to take a rest?". Fluttershy did feel partially responsible for what had happened but she was exhausted. She also had to go back and get her seeds still in the field.

Twilight smiled. "Of course Fluttershy. You go home and get some rest. The others and I will clean up the town.", she assured her friend.

"Thanks Twilight. I'm sorry I caused all of this.", Fluttershy apologized, her gaze fixed on the ground.

Twilight shook her head at the statement. "It wasn't your fault Fluttershy; it was mine. I just couldn't accept the fact that I... that I messed up so badly on such a simple spell. I'm sorry I put you through all of this.", Twilight apologized herself.

Fluttershy perked up. "It's okay. It was fun... kind of.", she smiled a timid smile.

"Next time this happens and the reversal spell doesn't work right away, we go to the princess. Okay?"

"Hopefully there won't be a next time! C'mon Twilight! The road's still covered in cheese and I have to get back to the market and buy crackers before sundown!", Pinkie called out to them. Just moments ago she was complaining of a stomach ache from too much cheese. Now, Pinkie was planning on getting crackers and making a buffet of the road. Twilight shuddered at the thought of eating road cheese. Again, Pinkie Pie was her own explanation for her actions. Why? Because Pinkie Pie. That worked in Twilight's mind for now.

"I'll see you tomorrow Fluttershy. Bye!", Twilight said as she trotted off to join the others.

"Bye...", Fluttershy whispered. She walked down the road to the field where she'd seen her bag of seeds. A giant-sized hoofprint caught her eye in the road. She looked down at it and then examined her own hoof. Fluttershy had been huge indeed. Several ponies could fit within her own hoofprint. She felt a trill of excitement at making a mark on Equestria like this. She caught herself grinning and shook her head. She put the ideas out of her head. She was back to being normal-sized Fluttershy. Normal, same-old, boring, tiny Fluttershy... her gaze slowly traveled down to the ground.

Fluttershy retraced her own enormous hoofprints to her sac of seeds. It had been right where she'd left it and was normal size as well. She picked it up off the ground and dusted it off. The basket she'd been carrying the seeds in though... where had it fallen? She looked around for it. It couldn't have gotten far.

"Looking for something?", a familiar voice said behind her. She turned to see Discord standing a few feet away swinging the basket by the handle. Despite having been blasted by Flim and Flam's cheese cannon and being inadvertently crushed by giant Fluttershy afterward, he looked no worse for wear.

"Discord, don't you think we've all had enough chaos for one day?", she asked the demon.

"Oh, today was a lot of fun wasn't it? But I agree, being stepped on by a giant pegasus definitely takes it out of a fellow. We should do it again sometime. Here's your basket back big girl.", he said, tossing her the basket. "I think I'll take a little vacation, maybe see how my good friend King Sombra is doing in the Crystal Empire."

Fluttershy caught the basket. "That would require him to get screentime. I don't think that's going to happen.", she stated flatly.

Discord frowned in disappointment. "Yes, you're right...", he said, scratching his chin. "Oh well. Toodles.", Discord then pressed a finger in midair which made the sound of a button pressing. The ground beneath his feet began moving him forward as he stood on it. He leaned to the side and let out a long sigh as the earth under him moved him along like a conveyor belt.

Fluttershy thought for a moment. "Um, Discord?", she asked. Discord pressed the air again and the 'conveyor belt' stopped. He turned towards Fluttershy.

"You said you know about size-altering magic right?", Fluttershy asked with a shy smile.

Discord raised an eyebrow. "Yes, why?", he asked back.

"Do you think you could perform that size-changing spell... the one from Twilight's book?", she asked, looking up at him with kind eyes that didn't betray a hint of the true slyness of her curiousity. Discord's face broke into a huge grin. He liked the way the pegasus was thinking. There was fun in store for both of them. Big fun.

Author's Note:

A little twist ending I decided to throw in for fun. Is it part of the story... or just a little imagination? I'll let you decide.