• Published 3rd Dec 2012
  • 2,491 Views, 79 Comments

Tormented Dreams - Kingsley



Rainbow Dash has recurring dreams every night she goes to bed, what choices will she make?

  • ...
3
 79
 2,491

The Third Trial: Magic


Chapter 4: The Third Trial: Magic




After about half an hour, Twilight and her friends rushed upstairs into Pinkie's room after receiving the urgent news from the Cakes.

"Pinkie! We're here! Is Rainbow Dash alright?" Twilight asked.

"Twilight! Thank goodness you're here! I don't know what to do anymore!" Pinkie said, holding Rainbow Dash closely. "She just woke up completely terrified of me...I'm really worried about her now y'know?"

Twilight looked at Rainbow Dash. She noticed Rainbow was cowering in Pinkie's arms, shaking uncontrollably.

"Rainbow Dash?" Twilight asked. "Are you alright?"

"...Twilight? I-Is that you?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Yes Rainbow, it's me," Twilight said.

"I...I don't know what's happening...I can't remember anything from last night..." Rainbow Dash said. "It's just so..."

"It's alright Rainbow Dash," Twilight said, looking worriedly at Rainbow Dash. "Listen, since you refuse to go to a doctor, I want you to spend the night at my house tonight."

"Y-Your house?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Yes, I'm really worried about you. This continuous cycle of no sleep is very bad," Twilight said. "So, I'm going to see if I can find out what's going on through your head."

"Alright, Twilight..." Rainbow Dash said. "At this point...I'm willing to try anything..."

Twilight picked Rainbow Dash up and helped her downstairs. They slowly walked back to Twilight's house and Rainbow Dash went upstairs to lie down in her bed.

"Alright Rainbow Dash, you just lie down here and I'll be right back," Twilight said, going downstairs and coming back up moments later, carrying a bunch of different contraptions.

"W-What are those things for?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I'm going to monitor your brain waves while you sleep," Twilight said. "I'm going to see if there's anything unusual going through your mind."

Twilight started to hook up the devices to Rainbow Dash's head and body.

"Twilight...I'm not so sure about this..." Rainbow Dash said.

"Just relax Rainbow Dash. I promise I'm only doing this to help you," Twilight said. "Now just lie down and get comfortable. Hooking all this up will take some time."

Rainbow Dash lied there on the bed, moving around nervously as Twilight carefully hooked up the components. It took Twilight a few tries to get it all correct since Rainbow Dash constantly kept moving around out of fear.

"Well...It might have taken all day, but everything's finally hooked up correctly," Twilight said. "Now, all you need to do is fall asleep."

"I...I can't! I don't know why but I literally can't fall asleep until nightfall!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Really?" Twilight asked. "Hmm...But that doesn't make any sense...Guess we'll have to wait till nightfall then."

Twilight and Rainbow Dash waited all day until nightfall, talking about the possibilities of what could be afflicting her sleep.

"Okay...It's finally nightfall...Now try to fall asleep Rainbow Dash..." Twilight said. "I'll switch on the machine...And then I'll see what's..."

Twilight's words started to become distant, and her head fell down on the bed, falling asleep from exhaustion.

"Twilight...Wake up...You're supposed to be monitoring my..." Rainbow Dash said, falling back into her pillow and going to sleep.

_________________________________________

Nightmare - 4th Day
_________________________________________


"Hey! Nice to see you again!" The Adjudicator said.

Rainbow Dash stood up and rubbed her eyes.

"Oh...Hey there," Rainbow Dash said. "Alright, what do you have planned for me this time!"

"Getting a bit confident, are we?" The Adjudicator asked. "Well, we'll see how long that'll last."

The environment around Rainbow Dash changed once again. Rainbow Dash looked around at her surroundings and noticed that she was in a hallway. The white walls were covered in blood and scratch marks, mechanical whirring could be heard in the distance and some lights on the ceiling continuously flickered on and off.

"Welcome to the Hospital!" The Adjudicator said, laughing hysterically.

"A Hospital, huh? Creepy...But nothing I can't handle!" Rainbow Dash said.

Four floating elements appeared in front of her and started to spin in a circle.

"Alright, which one am I going for this time?" Rainbow Dash asked.

All the elements disappeared, leaving only one behind, as usual.

"Your third trial...Magic," The Adjudicator said.

The star-shaped element floated into the air and vanished completely.

"Letting me keep my wings this time?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Yeah, it won't make a difference either way so, you can keep them this time," The Adjudicator said. "Well, have fun..."

Rainbow Dash was about to turn around and start searching, when she heard screaming coming from the direction she was facing.

"What the hay was that?" Rainbow Dash asked.

She looked off into the distance to see what was coming, when a swarm of screaming ponies started to run towards her direction. They were all covered in blood and were wearing blue gowns.

"What the hay? There are others here?" Rainbow Dash asked.

The swarm ran closer and closer towards Rainbow Dash. She was about to move out of the way, but she didn't notice that one was much closer and it passed right through her body.

"What the...It went right through me," Rainbow Dash said. "What in the world is go-"

Rainbow Dash stopped mid-sentence, the floor started to shake violently and following the screaming ponies was another colossal figure in the distance. As it got closer, it's body became completely visible.

"Oh, no...You gotta be kidding me!" Rainbow Dash said.

The colossal figure was Twilight. She bared the same wounds as the other two demons and she was wearing a bloody doctor's coat and a surgical mask was covering her mouth. She was also holding a bloody surgical knife in her left hoof.

"Come here Rainbow Dash! Let me heal you!" Twilight said, charging towards Rainbow Dash.

"TIME TO GO!" Rainbow Dash said, turning around and quickly flying away.

Twilight was hot on her trail and she was much faster than the past two demons. If Rainbow Dash had her wings taken away, she would have been caught in no time. Rainbow Dash tried to lose the demonic Twilight by making sharp turns around corners, but she just couldn't shake her off.

"Don't run Rainbow Dash! I only want to help you!" Twilight said.

Rainbow Dash flied even faster, the sounds of other ponies screaming throughout the building terrified her deeply.

"This is crazy! I can't lose her!" Rainbow Dash said.

Rainbow Dash didn't realize how close Twilight was and Twilight bit Rainbow's tail, throwing her to the ground. Rainbow Dash slid across the floor and struggled to stand back up, but ended up tumbling down on herself. Twilight took her surgical knife and brought it down on Rainbow Dash's tail, pinning her to the ground.

"N-No! H-How could I get caught!? I can't die here!" Rainbow Dash said, breathing frantically. "I've come too far to die now!"

Twilight took out a syringe from her coat and held it over Rainbow Dash's body, getting ready to pierce her with it.

"No! I won't die here! I WON'T!" Rainbow Dash said, pulling her tail out from the knife and causing it to rip in half. "No time for tears Rainbow...I have to find that element now!"

Rainbow Dash flew away as fast she could and Twilight picked up her knife and chased after her. Rainbow Dash looked around frantically for something that could give her a clue as to where the element could be, but she couldn't think straight with Twilight right behind her. Rainbow Dash made another sharp turn and then quickly entered the room to her left. She became as quiet as possible and started to look for any clues.

"Where could it be?" Rainbow Dash whispered. "This place is huge...I'll never find it running around like this."

She looked around the room but immediately noticed that there were monitors placed on the wall, each screen depicting an x-ray of a pony.

"That's weird...Why would there be just x-rays of ponies? It's like they're trying to tell me that something is inside of the-" Rainbow Dash said, pausing and facehoofing. "Ugh...Of course! It's gotta be inside one of the patients here! Boy, that doesn't sound good..."

Rainbow Dash looked at each monitor carefully, looking for the pony that possessed the element. While she was looking, a large knife jolted from the wall and nearly cut Rainbow Dash.

"Woah! Looks like I better get going!" Rainbow Dash said, pushing open the door and flying away.

Twilight noticed and immediately took off in Rainbow Dash's direction. Rainbow Dash flew around the endless amount of hallways until she came across an unusual pair of iron double doors. She rushed in and they shut tightly behind her, leaving Twilight outside attempting to break it down.

"Where am I?" Rainbow Dash asked.

She was in a very large room. It was completely empty except for the table in the middle of the room. Rainbow Dash walked towards it and noticed that a white blanket was covering whatever was on it. She placed her hoof on the blanket and took it off.

"What the...No this isn't..." Rainbow Dash said, looking down at the body that was restrained to the table.

_________________________________________

Twilight's Perspective
_________________________________________


Twilight woke up in the middle of the night and became angry at herself.

"Oh, no! How could I fall asleep at a time like this?" Twilight asked.

She looked at Rainbow Dash's body and noticed it was slightly convulsing. She was sweating immensely, yet her body itself was icy to the touch.

"My goodness...Rainbow Dash, what is wrong with you?..." Twilight asked.

Twilight looked at the monitor she had to observe Rainbow Dash's brainwaves and she was terrified at it's results.

"What? This doesn't make any sense!" Twilight said.

The monitor displayed a flat line as if there was no brain activity going on whatsoever, which would only happen if the pony was dead, but Twilight could clearly see Rainbow Dash moving around violently as she slept.

"Hahahaha! Well, now isn't this interesting?" The Adjudicator asked. "How will you approach this I wonder?"

"Who was that?" Twilight asked. "Is there someone...Inside Rainbow's mind?"

"You...You're sick you know that!" Rainbow Dash said. "How could you make me do something like this!?"

"Well, because I get a huge laugh out of it that's why!" The Adjudicator said, laughing hysterically.

"Rainbow Dash! Let me help you, please!" Demonic Twilight said.

"What the hay? That sounded like me..." Twilight said. "What on earth is happening inside her head..."

________________________________________

Rainbow Dash's Perspective
________________________________________


"Rainbow Dash..." Princess Celestia said.

A surgical knife appeared in front of Rainbow Dash's face after unveiling the body from the blanket.

"Make your decision..." The Adjudicator said.

Rainbow Dash looked down at Princess Celestia's body. She saw a pulsing light emitting from her chest...She knew it had to be the element.

"I...I could never do something like this to the Princess! I just..." Rainbow Dash said.

Rainbow Dash could hear the door weakening, it wouldn't be long until Twilight broke it down. Rainbow Dash looked back at Celestia's body...And frowned.

"I'm sorry Princess..." Rainbow Dash said, picking up the surgical knife.

"Rainbow Dash...Don't do this to me..." Celestia said.

Rainbow Dash held the knife in her hoof and then slowly brought it down. She started to cut open Celestia's chest, blood spewing out everywhere and on her face. Rainbow Dash started to cut faster to get it over with as Celestia screamed with every incision Rainbow Dash made until the element was finally visible.

"Well...There it is," Rainbow Dash said, looking down at the element inside Celestia's torso.

Rainbow Dash grabbed the element with both hooves and pulled as hard as she could. The element was attached to many veins, but they snapped all together and she successfully pulled it out. Celestia gagged as the element was yanked from her torso and her head fell back, closing her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Princess..." Rainbow Dash cried. "I'm so sorry..."

Rainbow Dash wept the tears from her eyes. The red velvet door appeared on the opposite side from where she entered.

"Come on Rainbow...Pull yourself together!" Rainbow Dash said, making a break for the door as fast as she could.

Twilight broke down the doors and sprinted towards Rainbow Dash at full speed. Rainbow Dash shoved the element inside the door and pushed it open. The piercing lights shone through Twilight's body, cracking it and causing her to fall over. Twilight screamed as her body was being destroyed, but before she shattered she lifted her hoof up.

"RAINBOW DASH!" Twilight said, throwing her knife at Rainbow Dash in a last ditch attempt to kill her.

Rainbow Dash screamed and bolted through the door. It closed it behind her and left the knife impaled through it.

"Wow...You actually did it, huh?" The Adjudicator asked. "I gotta say, I thought this would be where you would finally die."

"Heh...You can't get rid of that easily Adjudicator," Rainbow Dash said, confidently.

"Hmph...Guess I underestimated you," The Adjudicator said. "Don't worry, I won't make the same mistake twice..."

The Confessional rose up from the ground as it always does.

"Alright, you know the drill," The Adjudicator said.

"Yeah, yeah I got it," Rainbow Dash said, walking inside and sitting down.

___________________________________________

Question 3: Is it okay to lie if you'll never be caught?

Blue Rope: I still can't lie Red Rope: No problem there
___________________________________________


"Hey! If you don't get caught then it's no problem, right?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Rainbow Dash lifted her hoof and pulled down on the red rope.

"Interesting choice," The Adjudicator said.

"Now, hold on there Adjudicator!" Rainbow Dash said. "I've survived three of your trials already, I want you to tell me your real name right now and why you're here!"

"Since you've exceeded my expectations...Fine, I'll tell you my name," The Adjudicator said. "My name...Is Astaroth."

"Astaroth?" Rainbow Dash asked. "Why are you here in this place and why do you do this to random ponies!?"

"I said I'd tell you my name and that's all I'm saying to you at the moment," Astaroth said. "Survive another night and then maybe I'll tell you more..."

"Heh, I'll hold you to that!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Well, see ya tomorrow..." Astaroth said.

Rainbow Dash's eyes became heavy and she blacked out once again.

_______________________________________

Reality
_______________________________________


Rainbow Dash's eyes opened wide, and she jumped up from bed completely terrified.

"Princess Celestia is dead..." Rainbow Dash said. "She's dead..."

"Rainbow Dash!" Twilight said.

Rainbow Dash screamed and tried to pull all the wires off her body.

"Rainbow Dash, calm down!" Twilight said. "Princess Celestia is not dead!"

"Yes, she is! She's dead! I don't know how I know but she's dead!" Rainbow Dash yelled.

"Rainbow Dash! While you were sleeping, I picked up something that I found very unusual," Twilight said.

"Y-You did?" Rainbow Dash asked. "W-What was it?"

"Come on! Let's go get everyone else and head to Canterlot to see the Princess! I want her to see this to," Twilight said, using her magic to transfer the data into her horn.

Twilight helped Rainbow Dash out of bed and carefully guided her outside. After getting everyone together, they immediately headed for Canterlot to show Princess Celestia what Twilight had uncovered.