• Published 3rd Dec 2012
  • 2,485 Views, 79 Comments

Tormented Dreams - Kingsley



Rainbow Dash has recurring dreams every night she goes to bed, what choices will she make?

  • ...
3
 79
 2,485

The Second Trial: Laughter

Chapter 3: The Second Trial: Laughter




As Rainbow Dash made her way down to Twilight's house, all she could think about was sleep and why she couldn't do so for the past two nights.

"Twilight? You home?" Rainbow Dash asked, knocking on Twilight's door, which opened shortly after.

"Oh, hi Rainbow Dash," Twilight said, looking at Rainbow Dash's bloodshot eyes. "It looks like you still didn't get any sleep, huh?"

"Yeah...I don't know why though. The worst part is that I don't even remember anything from last night!" Rainbow Dash said. "I was hoping that maybe you would have something that could help me fall asleep easier?..."

"I'm sorry, but I don't really have anything like that around here," Twilight said. "Have you thought about maybe going to see a doctor or something?"

"A doctor? No way! I'm not spending another second of my life sitting in a hospital bed!" Rainbow Dash said, rubbing her eyes.

"I'm just trying to help you Rainbow. You look terrible and I just want what's best for you," Twilight said.

"Thanks Twilight. I appreciate it," Rainbow Dash said. "...Think we could do that thing at Pinkie's place again? I'd like to be with you guys for now."

"Of course Rainbow," Twilight said. "Why don't you head down to Sugarcube Corner and I'll get everyone else. There's no need for you to exert any unnecessary energy."

"Alright. I'll see you there Twilight," Rainbow Dash said, turning around and walking towards Pinkie's.

A few moments later, Rainbow Dash arrived and walked inside and not surprisingly, is greeted by the ecstatic pink pony.

"Dashie! You're back again!" Pinkie said, running up to Rainbow Dash and hugging her tightly.

"Nice to see you too Pinkie," Rainbow Dash said.

Pinkie Pie released her grip and looked at Rainbow Dash's face as she backed up.

"Still no sleep?" Pinkie asked.

"No...I don't know why but I just haven't been able to lately..." Rainbow Dash said. "Anyway, Twilight is getting the others and we're gonna hang out like we did yesterday. That alright with you?"

"Of course, silly-head!" Pinkie said. "But are you sure you're alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine Pinkie...I just really hope tonight will be better..." Rainbow Dash said.

Twilight and the others walked inside shortly after Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash's conversation.

"Hi Pinkie Pie," Twilight said.

"Hi Twilight!" Pinkie said. "Hi everyone else!"

Rainbow Dash turned around to greet her friends, but instead she screamed and backed up towards the wall.

"Rainbow Dash! What's wrong!?" Twilight asked.

"H-Her! Get her away from me!" Rainbow Dash said, pointing at Applejack.

"Me? What in tarnation did I do!? I just got here!" Applejack said.

"Rainbow Dash, why are you afraid of Applejack?" Pinkie asked.

"I...I don't know...I just...I just feel terrified of her all of a sudden..." Rainbow Dash said.

"Hahahahaha! Oh! Oh, this is just too rich!" The Adjudicator said, laughing hysterically.

"There's that voice again! W-Where is it coming from!? I do-" Rainbow Dash said, interrupted.

"Rainbow Dash!" Twilight said. "What's gotten into you? I'm really worried about you now."

Rainbow Dash calmed herself down and took a deep breath.

"I'm going crazy from the lack of sleep I suppose..." Rainbow Dash said. "I'm just so tired..."

"Rainbow Dash please, listen to me and go upstairs and rest, you can sleep in my bed!" Pinkie said. "I'll even keep you company until you fall asleep."

Rainbow Dash rubbed her eyes again and sighed.

"I guess you're right Pinkie...I'll go upstairs and try to fall asleep," Rainbow Dash said. "Actually, I kind of would appreciate it if you were there with me."

"No problem Dashie! Come on let's go," Pinkie said. "You guys have a swell time down here without me. I'll look after Rainbow Dash."

"Are you sure Pinkie? We can help too if you want," Fluttershy said.

"Nah, it's fine! You guys have fun!" Pinkie said, walking Rainbow Dash upstairs.

Rainbow Dash went inside Pinkie Pie's room, which had a very sweet and tasty aroma to it. She looked over at Pinkie Pie's plush bed and immediately climbed into it.

"Wow...Pinkie Pie your bed is so comfortable!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Thanks Dashie! It shouldn't be a problem for you to fall asleep then, right?" Pinkie asked.

"I hope not." Rainbow Dash said, yawning and turning on her side attempting to fall asleep.

Pinkie Pie sat by Rainbow Dash's side to make sure that she would fall asleep nicely. Unfortunately, even Pinkie's soft and sweet smelling bed failed in the end. Rainbow Dash was constantly tossing and turning, irritated to why she just couldn't sleep peacefully. Pinkie Pie tried her best to help Rainbow Dash fall asleep for many hours, but to no avail. Twilight and others came upstairs to check on them once it started to get dark out.

"Hi Pinkie. Has Rainbow Dash gotten any sleep?" Twilight asked.

"No! I don't understand why, but she just can't fall asleep!" Pinkie said, stroking Rainbow Dash's mane. "It's almost like... Something is keeping her from sleeping."

"Do you want us to stay for the night? It'll be no trouble at all," Rarity said.

"No, no, it's fine. I'm sure I'll think of something for Dashie," Pinkie said. "You girls head on home."

"Well, if you say so Pinkie," Twilight said. "If she isn't better by tomorrow, then we have to do something else for her."

"Yeah, I hear you," Pinkie said.

"Well, see you two tomorrow," Twilight said, walking out of the room with the others and departing.

"Pinkie..." Rainbow Dash said. "Would it be alright if I stayed here for the night? I haven't been feeling so hot lately..."

"Of course Rainbow Dash. I'll do my best to help you fall asleep!" Pinkie said.

"Heh, thanks Pinkie I don't know what I'd do with..." Rainbow Dash said, cutting herself off.

Rainbow Dash's eyes became heavy and her head fell to the pillow as she fell into a deep sleep.

"Rainbow Dash?" Pinkie asked. "Well I didn't expect that. She sure fell asleep quickly this time..."

_________________________________________

Nightmare - 3rd Day
_________________________________________


"Wakey, wakey sleepy head..." The Adjudicator said.

Rainbow Dash opened her eyes and stood up.

"This place again..." Rainbow Dash said. "Alright...What do you have planned for me this time?..."

"Nice to see you to," The Adjudicator said. "Shall we get started right away then?"

"Yeah, let's just get this over with!" Rainbow Dash said.

The environment around Rainbow Dash completely changed, taking another look at her surroundings she saw blood covering the walls and floor. Pillars in different sizes were placed everywhere and chains were dangling from the ceiling all around. Massive blades were everywhere, swinging overhead while spikes jolted up from many places on the ground.

"Welcome to the Torture Chamber!" The Adjudicator said.

"T-Torture Chamber, huh? No problem!" Rainbow Dash said, trembling a little.

"Feeling a bit nervous, are we?" The Adjudicator asked. "Well, don't worry. I thought of something to make this a lot more interesting!"

Rainbow Dash's wings suddenly vanished from her body.

"My wings! Hey that's not fair!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Whoever said I was fair?" The Adjudicator asked, laughing hysterically.

Rainbow Dash's heart rate increased, without her wings she would have to rely on her climbing skills to get around the place, while avoiding the dangers. Five elements then appeared in front of her, spinning in a circle.

"Well then, are you ready?" The Adjudicator asked.

"F-Fine..." Rainbow Dash said.

The five elements stopped spinning and disappeared, leaving only one behind.

"Your second trial... Laughter." The Adjudicator said, launching the element away in the distance. "Have fun... Hahahaha!"

Rainbow Dash toughened up and sprinted forward, jumping up on the pillars and climbing upwards avoiding the blades and spikes as best she could.

"Aughh...Where in the world would this element be...?" Rainbow Dash asked, suddenly hearing something off in the distance. "Wait...What's that sound?"

In the distance behind her, she turned around and heard what seemed to be laughing. As the sound got closer, she noticed another colossal figure emerging from the darkness, bearing the same physical attributes as Applejack from the night before. This time, however, the demon resembled that of Pinkie Pie and it was walking on it's hind legs while holding a large bloody butchers knife in her hoof. It made it's way towards Rainbow Dash, laughing demonically and uttering phrases as it came closer.

"AH! I GOTTA HURRY AND CLIMB OUTTA HERE!" Rainbow Dash yelled, trembling with fear now.

"Come on Rainbow Dash! Life's a party after all!..." Pinkie said, slashing her knife down at Rainbow, just barely missing her.

"OH, MAN! THAT WAS WAY TOO CLOSE!" Rainbow Dash said, climbing up the pillars as fast as she could and sprinting away from the demon.

Rainbow Dash dodged most of the blades that she came across with Pinkie only shoving them out of way as she chased Rainbow. While running frantically, Rainbow Dash stumbled and fell to the floor with Pinkie Pie right behind her. She swung her knife up and brought it crashing down towards Rainbow Dash. Luckily though, Rainbow Dash was able to get up quick enough and avoid the attack, making a sharp turn as she tried to escape from Pinkie. Rainbow Dash climbed faster and faster, looking around frantically for the pink balloon-shaped element.

"I've...I've been climbing for so long now...I've got cuts and bruises everywhere from those damned traps..." Rainbow Dash said. "That crazy thing that's chasing me...This is...This is just too much!"

Rainbow Dash panicked, looking around desperately for any signs of the element. When she looked upwards though, she noticed a bunch of chains all gathering in one spot.

"That...That could be where it is! It's just gotta be!" Rainbow Dash said.

Rainbow Dash started to climb the pillars as fast as she could, despite how tired she was. Not far down below her, the demonic Pinkie's bloody face was seen climbing upwards as well, holding her knife in her mouth.

"Don't run away Rainbow Dash...Come down here and play with me!" Pinkie said.

Rainbow Dash was sweating and her heart was pounding, but she continued to climb regardless. When she made it to the top she looked straight ahead and saw the chains all wrapped around the element. There were also many iron maidens surrounding the area, but Rainbow Dash sprinted towards the chains and tried her best to untangle them.

"Come on! Come on!" Rainbow Dash said, pulling the chains off the element as she could hear the demon making its' way up top.

After yanking on the chains multiple times, it finally snapped and the element fell to the ground.

"Oh, thank goodness..." Rainbow Dash said, picking up the element.

Upon picking it up, the red velvet door had appeared on a higher pillar on the opposite side she was on.

"Okay! All I gotta do is make it to that door and I'm safe!" Rainbow Dash said.

Rainbow Dash sprinted towards the direction in which the door was in. But as she was about to leap to the other side, a large bloody hoof emerged from below and grabbed the edge.

"You gotta be kidding me!" Rainbow Dash said, backing up away from the demonic Pinkie.

The colossal Pinkie rose up from below while laughing hysterically.

"I gotta find some way to get around her!..." Rainbow Dash said.

Rainbow Dash turned around and looked at her surroundings, which gave her a risky idea. The demonic Pinkie got down on all fours and charged at Rainbow Dash with the knife in her mouth.

"Come on Rainbow Dash!...Don't run away!" Pinkie screamed.

Rainbow Dash jumped out of the way at the last minute. The demonic Pinkie tried to turn around but instead stumbled and fell back into one of the iron maidens, closing it on herself as she fell in.

"N-Now's my chance!" Rainbow Dash said, sprinting to the edge and jumping onto the pillar that held the door on top. After climbing higher and higher, the Torture Chamber started to collapse down below and the demonic Pinkie was screaming as it struggled to break out of the iron maiden.

"Come on Rainbow Dash! Y-You can do this!" Rainbow Dash said, almost at the top.

The iron maiden in the back shattered, and Pinkie came bursting out, her body drenched in blood, and leaping at the pillar that Rainbow Dash was climbing. The impact almost caused Rainbow Dash to lose her grip, but she held on kept climbing. When she finally reached the top, she shoved the element in the indentation and unlocked the door. The demonic Pinkie reached the top and took the knife out of her mouth.

"RAINBOW DASH!" Pinkie said, swinging her bloody knife downwards.

"OH, NO YOU DON'T!" Rainbow Dash said, pushing the door open, releasing the white piercing light that came with it.

The light shone through Pinkie, causing her to stagger and drop her knife down into the abyss. Pinkie screamed as her body started to break apart, reaching out towards Rainbow Dash with her hoof, her body shattered all together. Rainbow Dash sighed with relief and continued on through the door, which brought her back to the Distorted Ponyville.

"Very good! I didn't expect you to survive that in the least!" The Adjudicator said. "Looks like you proved me wrong though."

"Yeah...Of course. I told you it was no problem!..." Rainbow Dash said, still a bit scared.

"Well congratulations, you've passed the second trial." The Adjudicator said, returning Rainbow Dash's wings. "Guess I'll have to find a way to make things more interesting next time..."

As Rainbow Dash stood there, The Confessional rose up from the ground next to her.

"Alright, get inside," The Adjudicator said.

"Yeah, yeah, I know what to do," Rainbow Dash said, walking inside and sitting down on the chair.

"Are you ready for the next question?" The Adjudicator asked.

"Yeah, let's hear it," Rainbow Dash said.

______________________________________________

Question 2: How do you make your decisions?

Red Rope: My Gut Blue Rope: My Mind
______________________________________________


"Okay, I'll admit...I don't usually think about things before I do them," Rainbow Dash said.

Rainbow Dash pulled down on the red rope.

"Hmm...I thought as much..." The Adjudicator said. "Well, I guess we'll see each other again tomorrow night!"

"Hold on for a second there!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Yes?" The Adjudicator asked.

"You call yourself the Adjudicator...But that can't possibly be your name? What is it, and why are you here?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Let's see how long you'll last first..." The Adjudicator said. "Then, maybe I'll consider telling you...But for now, I'll see you later...Hahahahaha!

Rainbow Dash's eyes became heavy and she fell to the floor, blacking out again.

_____________________________________________

Reality
_____________________________________________

Rainbow Dash's eyes quickly opened and she jumped up, sweaty and cold just like the last time.

"Ugh...Dashie?...Good morning! Did you have a good sleep?" Pinkie asked, stretching her body. "I fell asleep here next to you. I wanted to make sure you actually fell aslee-"

Rainbow Dash jumped out of bed and back away from Pinkie, trembling before her.

"Huh? Rainbow Dash? What's wrong? Why are you afraid of me?" Pinkie asked, walking closer to Rainbow Dash.

"N-No! Stay away from me!" Rainbow Dash said, cowering up against the wall.

"What's going on with her?...First Applejack and now me? It sounds to me like something else is going on here...And it has to do with why she can't sleep properly..." Pinkie said. "I better tell Twilight to come over here, something else has to be done!"

Pinkie looked at Rainbow Dash cowering in the corner.

"Oh, but I can't leave her here by herself..." Pinkie said. "Oh, I got it!"

Pinkie rushed downstairs and talked to Mr. and Mrs. Cake. She then returned upstairs shortly after.

"Don't worry Dashie...Mr. and Mrs. Cake will go get Twilight and the others while I'll stay her with you," Pinkie said, moving closer to Rainbow Dash and sitting next to her.

"N-No...D-Don't come near..." Rainbow Dash said.

"It's alright Rainbow Dash...We'll find out what's wrong with you, just you wait," Pinkie said, hugging Rainbow Dash and consoling her.

"Pinkie...I don't know what's going on..." Rainbow Dash said, holding onto Pinkie. "I just want my life to go back to normal..."

"I know Dashie...I know," Pinkie said, holding Rainbow Dash until their friends arrived.