• Published 2nd Dec 2012
  • 1,606 Views, 17 Comments

Babs Seed Grown Anew - chazzergamer



A Babs Seed fic about finding friendship

  • ...
2
 17
 1,606

Babs Seed Grown Anew

Babs Seed grown anew.
By Chazzergamer (Day Dreamer)
(red for Applebloom, blue for Sweetie Belle and orange for Scootaloo)

The train ride was boring, it always was. Babs hated being stuck in one place for more than ten minutes, but what frustrated her more was knowing that there was nothing she could do about it.

The only entertainment available was looking out the window, staring
at the awkward hinterland of grass that was the field between Ponyville and Manehatten.

Manehatten

The thought of home scared her, she missed her family and was looking forward to going home in that sense, but something in the back of her mind kept growing, keeping her afraid.

Why couldn’t I just stay in Ponyville…their I had friends and family, now I’m gonna be everyponies favourite joke again.

She blew her bang out her eye and tried to convince herself that the bullying back home did not bother her, she failed.

As the field out her window moved past the train, her mind drifted back to her last day in Ponyville before she left.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Celestias sun peeked over the hills in Ponyville, the sky became an orange blanket with red cloud dots.

The sound of nothing showed that the world was not awake just yet, except for four little crusaders playing ‘pirates’ at the farm.

“Arrrr”, growled an eye patched Scootaloo atop a haystack, “Give me thee medallion or their be the devil to pay“, looking down from her mighty haystack to the three fillies down below.

Babs (wearing a bandana) stepped forward, fixing her gaze on the orange foal while placing her hoof on the chocolate coin wrapped around her neck, “Never! You deck apes deserve to be cursed, and remain cursed.” Her eyes then turned to the two ship mates beside her, “Sweetie, Apples.”

The two fillies stood at attention beside her and saluted.

“Hoist the colours and hard to starboard!”

The two fillies nodded and went to get a big plate of cupcakes that Pinkie Pie gave them.

After acquiring the ammo, they became primed and waited for the captains orders.

“FIRE!!!”

Applebloom and Sweetie Belle threw the treats with deadly ferocity, leaving Scootaloo to dodge their ferocious attacks.

Jump after jump, clumsy roll after clumsy roll, Scootaloo managed to dodge every one. Except from one last that is on course with her face.

In a final, impulse reaction, she opened her mouth wide ready for the impact to meet her tummy.

“Mmmmm, blueberry.”

She decided then it was time for her counter attack.

She charged at Captain Babs, both pulling out their wooden swords held
together by blue tac and began to wave them about like rag dolls.

After an hour of cupcake cannons and squiggly swordfights, the four friends collapsed on the floor and laughed together, except one laugh was absent.

“Babs, you alright?” asked Applebloom

Babs stood back up to face the others who quickly followed her actions, they became a circle facing each other.

“Yeah I am!” Her voice was clearly putting on too much acting.

Scootaloo put her hoof on Babs shoulder “You can tell us anything ya know?”

“Urrrmm…well,” Babs voice became quieter and Applebloom swore she heard a whimper.

Sweetie Belle knew that forcing her to open up like that would not be the best way, so she had an idea.

“Hey, why don’t we go inside, have some milk and zap apple jam on bread? Doesn’t that sound good?”

Babs looked up with a smile, it was small but genuine and kind.

“Yeah…I would like that.”

After sneaking into Appleblooms house and getting their little snack ready (Granny Smith would be mad about the zap apple jam but Applebloom saw this as an emergency) they sat at they table and made many satisfied noises while eating their little treat.

Sweetie knew that this was the appropriate time to talk.

“Do you feel like talking now Babs? You don’t have to tell us anything if you don’t want to”.

Babs was feeling a lot more at ease after that snack and wanted to open up to her new friends.

“No I wanna tell you guys…the mistake I made before was not telling my sister about what happened back home, I know better now and I am not gonna make the same mistake twice”.

The three filles smiled and gestured Babs to continue.

“These past few weeks have not been the best starter to meeting my cousin”, Babs felt her heart weigh down with the guilt of what she did.

“But these last few days I was able to play with you guys, make jokes, have fun, play games…I have never had that before, I have always been alone and bullied”, tear began to roll down her face.

“But you guys showed me how good life could be…how having friends can make everything else seem so small, ya know?”

The rest of the circle nodded in agreement and allowed Babs to speak some more.

“But when I think of going home later today…I know that I am gonna go back to being the lowest pony in my school…the whole of Manehatt-”

Babs felt the warm embrace of her three best friends.

Tears were shared by all four of the crusaders before they separated and Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo looked Babs right in her eyes.

“You are so much better and stronger than the bullies, I’ve seen it!”

“Yeah, your smart, confident and always fun to be around, there’s gonna be loads of ponies who want to be your friend!”

“You’re my cousin and a fellow crusader, I know you can deal with those stinkin bullies!”

Babs, overwhelmed by the flood of complements and reassurance, changed her sad tears into tears of pure joy.

“Your cape is in your bag”, said Applebloom wiping her tears away,
“Always wear it to remember us until you next come round.”

They all slapped their hooves together, vowing to always remember each other.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The clopping of hooves brought Babs back to the train which was almost near its stop.

Babs opened up her bag, wanting to see her cape again before she got off.

But her cape was wrapped around a cube-like object with a tag attached to it.

To our friend and fellow crusader.
See ya again soon!

She chuckled to herself before opening up the cape (carefully she would never forgive her self if she ripped it).

The object held in Babs hooves was something that let her know in her heart that the crusaders would be friends forever.

It was a photo cube, each side had a happy memory that Babs could clearly remember.

Babs returned to Manehatten…as a new pony.

The End

I really wanted to write a fic about Babs cause I think she deserves more love.

Comments ( 17 )

Upvoted for the Babs.

1725470
Everypony loves Babs!!!
except maybe Silver Spoon and DT

1725481 But those fillies suck anyway, so no one cares about them.

1725494 Oh my god, I wrote "fuck" instead of "suck". I'm sorry, I'm still half-asleep. :twilightsheepish:

1725501
LOL :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:
Its alright no worries.

1725488
1725494

I like Silver Spoon, personally, and Babs Seed, both.
I agree about DT.

1725683
I dont hate any of the characters personally.
Just some of them deserve a kick up the flank.

That was a really nice read. It made me feel really sad, probably because I was in the same position as Babs (sorta). This story brought back some happy (and sad) memories of when I was younger, and it brought me to tears. Great work on the story, and I'm encouraging you to write more!

1725696
Thank you so much for reading and I am so glad that my writing has invoked such a reaction.:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Oh there is a "Pirates of Caribbean" Reference if you can find it.

This was cute! :pinkiehappy: Babs needs more love! Also, always gotta love the CMC antics. I'll admit that the CMC got on my nerves during Season 1, but everything from Season 2 to now with them in it I have just adored. :raritystarry:

Don't worry Babs, if those bullies get to you, the CMC know a pony who knows somepony very powerful! :trollestia:

1725488
I find it hilarious that I'm the only one who actually likes Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

1729500 You monster.

1729528
I know. I'm terrible. :twilightblush: DT is best pony. :pinkiehappy:

1725828
I faindz it! I so spechial!
:rainbowwild:

1729500I hat DT she is just a jerk BUT SS almost seems to have another side, watch the family appreciation one and notice she was the first one to clap for granny

Login or register to comment