• Published 13th Dec 2012
  • 1,041 Views, 13 Comments

The freeing of the king - Spell Bound



To know why Discord is trapped in stone, you must go back to the beginning.

  • ...
3
 13
 1,041

Progress is slow but good

The shining doorway led the group out into a very early Canterlot. It lacked the walls that many associated with safety, and things were in shambles. The streets were hectic and lacked order, it was if the architect was drunkenly half asleep when he designed the layout. But the ponies were strangely at ease. Several were doing cartwheels down the street on their way, and other’s seemed to defy physics, floating along by whirling their tail round and round. Several houses floated in mid-air and others stood on the ground from the roof. The whole scene was causing Twilight a massive headache.

She saw the smiles on everyponies face, but couldn’t comprehend them. It was going everything she had been taught. She began to wonder why her mentor had never told her about the old queen, or that Discord was made heir to the throne. And if what Stormwolf was saying was the truth, how the hay did Celestia become the ruler of Equestria. Doubt was beginning to nag at the back of her mind, but her heart was still full of faith that her teacher could do no wrong, that she was the embodiment of good. As one of the ponies floated overheard, Twilight heard Pinkie giggle, and looking back revealed Pinkie herself floating in the exact same way the other ponies were. “Why don’t we do this anymore? This is fun!”

“Because it was an affront to Celestia. To her, only creatures with wings should fly. When she came to power she made that the case. In a land of magic, physics was hard pressed on every living creature. Pegasus fly, Unicorns do magic and Earth Ponies toil in the fields.” Stormwolf spoke, turning back to face the group. “Yet some things managed to escape her. Bumblebee’s with their ability to defy physics and biology by flying, even Pinkie’s own antics. Though her efforts are great, Chaos is meant for the world and some always slips through her grasps. If it was not the case Discord would not have been able to escape the last time he did.”

Stormwolf turned towards the town once more. He smiled slightly seeing the happy faces on the ponies faces. “Look you defenders of harmony. Look how happy they are. Is this the displeasure your princess told you of?!”

“They aren’t under the rule of Discord yet.” Twilight spoke up defiantly. She was joined by a chorus of agreement from several of the mares, though Stormwolf noted that Pinkie Pie and Rarity did not make any sign of agreement. Pinkie held a sad look on her face, upset that her friends weren’t enjoying this like she was. This kind of defiant of physics is what she was all about. They accepted that about her didn’t they? Worry began to worm its way into her mind. As for Rarity, she saw a type of beauty in the madness. There was a rusty charm to it all. She admired old architecture, and though it was all topsy and turvy it just felt right to her.

“Is that so Miss Sparkle! Well then. Let us go towards the future, and see how his reign turns out!” Another door of light opened up in front of them. An angered look darkened Stormwolf’s features, though inwardly he was smiling. He was making headway with two of them. Not much longer before he could turn the others around. His masters would be pleased with his progress. Walking through the door, the group were led back into the Canterlot gardens. Once more Discord and Luna were together, though much older. Celestia was nowhere to be seen. The two of them were sat very close, Luna resting her head on Discord’s shoulder.

================================================================================

Mistress Moon felt herself reddening as Stormwolf brought them back to that period of time. “Why does he have to show them that?” Chrysalis giggled slightly covering her mouth with a hoof.

“Because it will affect them. It will show them that he is not a monster, who the true monster is.” Mistress Moon sighed embarrassed. She lowered the hood to her cloak revealing her dark blue, starry mane. Her catlike pupils stared intently at the image before her.

“I’m not fond of this idea, but fine. I suppose it has merit. I just wish he didn’t have to show such personal information.” she huffed out. Chrysalis rolled her eyes at the reaction of her comrade.

“Calm down Luna. All will be well. By the end of this we will be reunited with him.” A smug grin came across her face, illuminated by the soft green glow of their magic. “Then the Equestria your sister built will fall down to be replaced with our glorious kingdom. A land united by Chaos. A union between Pony, Changelings and if the hybrid king agrees to our terms them as well.”

“Who is this Hybrid king, does he rule pony or ling?” Zecora spoke from the corner of the room. Both the taller mares jumped slightly, forgetting she was there. They looked at each other before turning back to face Zecora.

“Neither my Zebra friend. He is of both. Rather to say, he himself is of both changeling and pony. And those he rules over are those out casted for being hybrids. We are trying to get his support in the uprising.” Luna spoke.

“He has also managed to gather a few hives to his side, those originally more friendly to hybrids. While the changeling nation has become more accepting, they still prefer to remain separate. If he agrees it will aid our cause greatly.” Zecora nodded slightly and settled back down in her seat to watch the progression of StormWolf

Author's Note:

Who is the hybrid king? What will happen next? Why hasn't Zecora spoken more? I can answer that last one now. Because it's freaking hard to rhyme things when you are not a poet. As for the first question, He will not show up in this story much but in passing mention. His rise shall be detailed in another, and a follow up story will be written later after both stories are completed.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment